PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 What are your plans for rage- I mean boost week?!

milranduil
Mar 17, 2015, 09:24 PM
I'm ready to fail all my mod/flict units, use more +1s on utility 11*s than during no grind boost, and then go curl up in a corner.

jiasu73
Mar 17, 2015, 09:25 PM
im just gonna challenge mode cuz im super poor :(. Good luck man, hope you don't experience that nightmare again

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 17, 2015, 09:26 PM
when is it?

TaigaUC
Mar 17, 2015, 09:27 PM
^ starts after today's maintenance.

Gonna do a few more Gungingunimingign trigger runs for friends who need it.
Then max out my 12 stars. God Hand, Queen whatsit, Galactic whatever. Forgot what else.

I also prepared some 4-5 slot affixes for melee Wand, Friend Partner weapon, etc.
Already did most of my 4 slot unit affixes because I could.

I'm looking forward to those Webpanel camos.

Bellion
Mar 17, 2015, 09:28 PM
Setup a tent at the Angry Fundoshi block.

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 17, 2015, 09:29 PM
sure great time to affix some 8 ability units then jk 5 or 6

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 17, 2015, 09:30 PM
5s my cmode katana, two saiki units, holding current WLs with bayari/modulator/power3/power boost/love fever. 3rd saiki unit gets spirita boost. 100/100/100/100/95. Damn my heart is thumping in fear of the 5% modulator failure already as if I'm staring monica in her soulless eyes right now...

Might work on rainbow/species hunting dual blades since we're getting a good camo for them + no weapon swap lag is nice. Yay for zodiac sign.

milranduil
Mar 17, 2015, 09:30 PM
im just gonna challenge mode cuz im super poor :(. Good luck man, hope you don't experience that nightmare again

I failed 4 90s just prepping tech3 fodder alone this morning :D... my heart is going to give out I swear lol.
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/gETxT/d60a0b6d41.png
[/spoiler-box]

when is it?
As soon as maint. is over.

Serinah
Mar 17, 2015, 09:32 PM
Mizer / Shoot III / Modulator / St. Fever
on my two Tien units (last unit will have to wait).

And hopefully I can somehow manage to spam enough challenge mode to get my 13* TMG and plop
Mizer / Shoot III / Modulator / St. Fever / Shoot boost
on to it.

Oh, and probably grind my budget Mena Alice as far as leftover meseta can reach.

I'm not very rich, so I'll just make do with what I can get.

Xaeris
Mar 17, 2015, 09:35 PM
Spend an obscene amount of money on stuff from the Episode 3 package. Grind/affix my Ideal Trigger and finish my striking Saiki set with what's left. I do have a lot in fodders sitting in my extra storage waiting to be sold, but I get the feeling I'm going to be poor after this week. ;_;

Padoca85
Mar 17, 2015, 09:38 PM
Hopefully doing 5s my entire saiki set

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 17, 2015, 09:39 PM
I failed 4 90s just prepping tech3 fodder alone this morning :D... my heart is going to give out I swear lol.
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/gETxT/d60a0b6d41.png
[/spoiler-box]

As soon as maint. is over.

ah dam that sucks.. good luck for after maint then!

Nyansan
Mar 17, 2015, 09:41 PM
* Max latent an Astral Riser, Aseracta, Sange, Nasuyoteri
* 4/5s affix the above
* 4s affix 2 Saiki pieces while trying to find a GGG trigger party
* 4s affix Tian set with Mizer/Shoot III/Spirita III/Modulator
* Upgrade a bunch of other unnecessary stuff
* Stare in envy at all the people who have the Ep3 Deluxe package items

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 17, 2015, 09:43 PM
Spend an obscene amount of money on stuff from the Episode 3 package. Grind/affix my Ideal Trigger and finish my striking Saiki set with what's left. I do have a lot in fodders sitting in my extra storage waiting to be sold, but I get the feeling I'm going to be poor after this week. ;_;

It's usually worth it. The stuff I prepped from last year's was more than good for at least 6 months, and with such a lack of stuff that I needed to spend meseta on after that, I went up to 80mil+ right before halloween.

I then spent a sizable amount of that prepping modulator fodders at 50% the price, and hoarding soul receptors weeks before ult, and the affixing changes hit.

The other thing I have to look forward to is selling the spare 4s modulator unit fodder I don't use this week.

I forgot to mention I will grind my 13*... lol.

BIG OLAF
Mar 17, 2015, 09:45 PM
They're still doing "Boost Weeks?"

Gotta keep the mice chasing the cheese, I guess.

final_attack
Mar 17, 2015, 09:47 PM
- Grind Queen Viera for PP recovery purpose only (+30). 2 if possible, just 1 most likely (stares at current money)
- C-Mode hoping to get my *13 Tmg :(
- Make Limit Break TwinDagger (Just grind, affixing can be done later, since probably only 3s), just in case I wanna play using them. But still not sure.
- trying to scrape some money from left overs fodders I had ._.

thehondachef
Mar 17, 2015, 09:51 PM
I'm finishing up grinding and affixing a 10* katana, and my Vibrace set. I'll be done in a day. :nerd:

Aquanos
Mar 17, 2015, 09:56 PM
for starters I +40'd a red scrop and a FM Bow 2 days ago because GRIND BOOST DON'T MATTER WHEN GRINDING BITCH!

I Bought 50 Full Protects
100+ (+1) Reductions
100+ 5% Grind Success

I plan on Affixing Scorp 125 ATK and FM Bow 100 ATK
nothing big but 80m was spend on this project so far :-?

Oh, and whatever meseta is left will go towards the Dookie Agito i've got. I wanna do 140 but I don't know how to Power V.

Sizustar
Mar 17, 2015, 10:04 PM
Sell the tons of Soul receptor gear and hopefully become filthy rich?

Keilyn
Mar 17, 2015, 10:08 PM
A project of mine for my build...Since i have three Saiki Sets, close to a Fourth...

I want to six slot one of my Saiki Sets for something I will do later...if I dont wish to wait, then 5s. Im running Quality Control of my weapons, hoping I can get the ones I really use to have at least five slots. I also want to raise Challenge Mode Light Twin Dagger when I get it.

Question:

A lot of people tell me to run 30% Grind Success Boosters on 8, 9 and 10 on 13* grinding. Is that advisable, and would one also have to run the same thing in a Grind Boost?

Other than that....I love Challenge more than the base game and I will probably spend a lot of time in there and as a consequence or result end up with a lot of the 13*..though it sucks i have to get two more of those things to get a 60%.

Should be worth it since I use daggers to do bossing and my Light Pallete in my build is very weak compared to other elements.

Shinamori
Mar 17, 2015, 10:09 PM
Probably a few AQ, XQ farming for Flict/Alter fodders. CQ, Like, 1 or two anga runs. Grind my 12* Boots, DB, and maybe the aerial DB daggers, and sell fodders.

.Jack
Mar 17, 2015, 10:09 PM
+145 tech Saiki set
Affix stuff: (if case anyone wonders)

Diablo/IV/Mod/x/x
SR/x/x/x/x
MOD/MAGIA/x/x/x
MOD/MAGIA/x/x/x
MAGIA/x/x/x/x
IV/x/x/x/x

30% booster all 100% chance of passing :-D

Noblewine
Mar 17, 2015, 10:11 PM
Deal with storage issue in PSZ and run Eternal Tower on Hard to unlock SH. I might as well spam SH to upgrade equipment memorize droprate.

Asellus
Mar 17, 2015, 10:16 PM
Blow Meseta.
Invest Meseta, and earn back at least triple playing market place online 2.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 17, 2015, 10:21 PM
They're still doing "Boost Weeks?"

Gotta keep the mice chasing the cheese, I guess.

So there's issues with people upgrading there gear all of a sudden? Funny how people will bitch about anything on this forum.

Anyways on topic I guess grind my dam 13 star double saber when I get it this week.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 17, 2015, 10:26 PM
memorize droprate.

Droprate of "Everything worth a damn": 0%

emeraude
Mar 17, 2015, 10:30 PM
Probably run GGG for a rear I need for another set, then affix that with ranged.
+40 the remaining of my rainbow DBs.
Try and get a cmode wep (aka nolifing the weekend) before boost week ends.

wefwq
Mar 17, 2015, 10:35 PM
Trying to rush cmode in hope to get *13 before boost week gone.

loool
Mar 17, 2015, 10:49 PM
I'm going to 8 slots my Ideal weapon!!! My meseta is ready!!!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 17, 2015, 11:15 PM
I'm going to 8 slots my Ideal weapon!!! My meseta is ready!!!

I'd like to see that.

Xaeris
Mar 17, 2015, 11:21 PM
I decided to look up the odds on just opening up the slots for that on the simulator. Christ almighty.

Rakurai
Mar 17, 2015, 11:26 PM
Get the last 55K points I need for my 13* and max out its grind level and affix it decently.

milranduil
Mar 17, 2015, 11:29 PM
I decided to look up the odds on just opening up the slots for that on the simulator. Christ almighty.

What you can't pass 8 70s???

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 17, 2015, 11:33 PM
I'd like to see that.

it will fail over and over lmao

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 17, 2015, 11:38 PM
What you can't pass 8 70s???

Too casual to do it. Clearly.

Skyly
Mar 18, 2015, 01:00 AM
Surpass jack and hit 1.5b

Punisher106
Mar 18, 2015, 01:06 AM
Cry at how goddamned expensive Shizuru Replicas will be, struggle to get to level 70 on Bouncer because COs never give enough exp to knock off progress, anymore.

Skyly
Mar 18, 2015, 01:16 AM
Cry at how goddamned expensive Shizuru Replicas will be, struggle to get to level 70 on Bouncer because COs never give enough exp to knock off progress, anymore.

A friend told me Hans COs gives over 1m exp per day. Include that plus EQs leveling is just about playing. more.

Alisha
Mar 18, 2015, 01:20 AM
sold all my affix items(s/r/t-atk devices now have 47 mil to spend on whatever

milranduil
Mar 18, 2015, 01:20 AM
A friend told me Hans COs gives over 1m exp per day. Include that plus EQs leveling is just about playing. more.

Waste of time imo when we have EQ's like TD3, mothership, falz arms, etc.

Alisha
Mar 18, 2015, 01:22 AM

i've never known male clothes to be be expensive....nagisa replica on the other hand....

Xaeris
Mar 18, 2015, 01:27 AM
When it comes to scratch clothes, the demand for male clothes is usually pretty weak while the supply is abundant because RNG is gonna RNG. In the case of the Shizuru replica though, each Episode 3 package comes with a finite amount of badges (eight, I think) to buy the items with and that amount isn't enough to buy one of everything. So while the demand will still probably be weak, the supply will be similarly weak because most people are going to spend their badges to either dress up their waifu as Nagisa (whose popularity I never really understood tbh), or get Nagisa's cosmetic tickets to sell. I mean, it won't be that bad, but you should brace yourself for mid-high seven figures, minimum.

Flaoc
Mar 18, 2015, 01:36 AM
rip people off with overpriced fodder : D (and finish grinding my ideal lark)

Punisher106
Mar 18, 2015, 01:41 AM
When it comes to scratch clothes, the demand for male clothes is usually pretty weak while the supply is abundant because RNG is gonna RNG. In the case of the Shizuru replica though, each Episode 3 package comes with a finite amount of badges (eight, I think) to buy the items with and that amount isn't enough to buy one of everything. So while the demand will still probably be weak, the supply will be similarly weak because most people are going to spend their badges to either dress up their waifu as Nagisa (whose popularity I never really understood tbh), or get Nagisa's cosmetic tickets to sell. I mean, it won't be that bad, but you should brace yourself for mid-high seven figures, minimum.

The problem is that I want two of them, one for my human (Hopefully white), and one for my Duman. I only have like 4m on my human, right now. And with ym inability to solo XQs... Yeah.

Dnd
Mar 18, 2015, 01:48 AM
Make about 100million meseta selling fodders

Spend about 100 million meseta grinding 12*'s 10~14 times.

Affix my units to 5 slots and Quna boots to 6 slots (Already ready to go, so no cost atm)

Cry for the rest of the week spending so much meseta

Enforcer MKV
Mar 18, 2015, 02:08 AM
C-mode. Want that Camo.

Nyansan
Mar 18, 2015, 02:24 AM

From my understanding, the outfits plus the katana and sword are item codes included in the packages and are entirely separate from the green badges.

landman
Mar 18, 2015, 02:39 AM
Sell lots of fodders, grinders, risk reduction, etc when I see them at their peak. Buy cheap affixed stuff. Grind nothing.

Terrence
Mar 18, 2015, 03:42 AM
The only thing I was waiting for was Dudu Nerf in order to be sure (100%) to get 5 slots for my Bio React easily... I must say I'm rather happy now.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/BgmAukG.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
I'm burning to get my EP3 Deluxe Package (this is the only time I buy something for Pso2). Will I be part of the 30.000 first ones to activate the code ?

TaigaUC
Mar 18, 2015, 04:22 AM
C-mode. Want that Camo.

C-mode camo?

Digital Pain
Mar 18, 2015, 04:22 AM
From my understanding, the outfits plus the katana and sword are item codes included in the packages and are entirely separate from the green badges.

This! also my Deluxe package should be delivered in a day or two... Hello Nagisa Repca. Back on topic I'm trapped in two minds whether I should grind my 12*s or not (there mainly wands and swords) I don't use swords any more and I don't play magic classes atm, I'm probably gonna turn them into 12* passes when ever that may be.

Got 2 GGG triggers left so gonna hopefully get a trigger party going I need another saiki set for my range classes, got some 11*s that I need to finish maxing Pot.

wefwq
Mar 18, 2015, 04:48 AM
C-mode camo?
Maybe that one rifle from title reward.

Also, good luck y'all throwing money at dudu's face.

TaigaUC
Mar 18, 2015, 05:06 AM
Oh? Didn't know about that. Thanks.

Searaphim
Mar 18, 2015, 05:54 AM
Here goes all my mesetas... Was planning to get a total of +115PP from my units... Suicidal

TaigaUC
Mar 18, 2015, 06:08 AM
Having way more trouble grinding two Small Pristine Hammers (10 stars) than anything else so far.
Although, I did use +10%s and +30%s on the 12 stars. But still...
I remember during the first +10% event I was able to easily get 10 stars to +10 without using any risks.
Can't seem to do that anymore. Unless grinding difficulty is based on weapon quality rather than rarity...

Achelousaurus
Mar 18, 2015, 06:29 AM
- Market Star Online 2
- upslot some fodders for more profit
- upslot a huge amount of fodders to 6s my melee saikis, make some 150hp 5s saikis and probably also make some 5s tech saikis (but a farcry from what Jack's doing), I don't play ra or gu often enough to sink more money into them, my 4s gwanman - ing combo is fine
- 4s a cowtana to tide me over until ult lilipa (if the katana isn't so good I may have to hunt ares anyway and that when people spam lilipa ._.) with Bayari / pow 4 / mod / Love fever
- possibly make some better partizan and or daggers
- sell enough fodder to make some space in my storage, I am at 3400/ 3500 (using 3 characters as mules and 2 taco characters as half mules)

- maybe +10 all my saikis and brisas so they are ready for 11* unit passes

Ordy
Mar 18, 2015, 07:56 AM
Japan, not mine, affixed with 175 T-ATK

(Diabo, Tech Ⅴ, ability Ⅲ, Mod, Magia, Fever, Boost)

http://i.imgur.com/nNjTTTS.jpg

Xaeris
Mar 18, 2015, 08:05 AM
lol, ~11% chance of complete success. That dude must have been praying to every deity he could name.

Silnodia
Mar 18, 2015, 08:07 AM
That luck.
No way I could pass something like that.

Nyansan
Mar 18, 2015, 09:40 AM
That luck.
No way I could pass something like that.

^This. And here I am having failed at 96% not once but twice :/ (fun part was that lowest success rate was 89%)
RNG pls

Alma
Mar 18, 2015, 10:14 AM

My God those transfer chances...

PokeminMaster
Mar 18, 2015, 11:06 AM
Rush 180,000 Miles... but considering I only have 76,000, I dunno how realistic that is D:

milranduil
Mar 18, 2015, 11:17 AM
Rush 180,000 Miles... but considering I only have 76,000, I dunno how realistic that is D:

A group of dedicated JP had their first ideal weapon within 24 hours of CM release, so it's pretty realistic imo.

Z-0
Mar 18, 2015, 11:26 AM
Playing with groups who know how to get far is the most important really, since a full clear will give you 13K~13.5K miles (depending on overall performance). If your parties are unable to get past M5, it will take a hell of a long time to get 180K.

I'm at 300K in a week myself after attempting to learn how to clear. Haven't played CM since I did it though.

wefwq
Mar 18, 2015, 11:37 AM
Last week when cmode just released i managed to rake 100,000CM in less than 7 days with almost none "success" run.
If you play a lot everyday pretty sure it's doable, or just try to play with competent group.
You don't have to reach stage 10, maybe like mission 8 or 9 it's still pay you a pretty good chunk of CM.

Keilyn
Mar 18, 2015, 12:19 PM
It is one of the reasons why I play with a Proxy.

Even though I can play fine without one, I remember my past playing MMORPGs based in foreign nations. There were always individuals who reversed engineered part of games to find National Loyalty Programming. I first encountered this in the game Risk Your Life and their grinding system, among a few others..

A loyalty program is a section of a program that looks for an ISP identifier. Usually the first two numbers of an IP address identify the ISP itself. It matches the Address to a list of providers, altering rates on anything programmed.

The purpose of these programs is for citizens who are based in these nations, playing their own games to have higher chances, while foreigners have penalty so that in PvP the people based in these nations can gloat about how great they are.

I do not know if PSO-2 has any of that included, and I do not care about finding out either. I have had enough experience playing games from China, Korea, and Japan to know to never play one without a proxy pointing to their nations.

Just a Pseudo-Code example

for (i = 0, i < 32, i++)
if (current ISPstring == ISPArrayList[i])
CurrentGrindRate += 0.05;

Just because a game has foreigners does not mean that a deterrent won't exist to be used against them. I am not saying PSO-2 has this installed in it, so I am not trying to scare anyone...but in my experience I have seen groups encounter this in foreign games and I am not taking any chances.

Ordy
Mar 18, 2015, 02:47 PM
https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Paranoid-Parrot.jpg

Shadowth117
Mar 18, 2015, 02:56 PM
It is one of the reasons why I play with a Proxy.

Even though I can play fine without one, I remember my past playing MMORPGs based in foreign nations. There were always individuals who reversed engineered part of games to find National Loyalty Programming. I first encountered this in the game Risk Your Life and their grinding system, among a few others..

A loyalty program is a section of a program that looks for an ISP identifier. Usually the first two numbers of an IP address identify the ISP itself. It matches the Address to a list of providers, altering rates on anything programmed.

The purpose of these programs is for citizens who are based in these nations, playing their own games to have higher chances, while foreigners have penalty so that in PvP the people based in these nations can gloat about how great they are.

I do not know if PSO-2 has any of that included, and I do not care about finding out either. I have had enough experience playing games from China, Korea, and Japan to know to never play one without a proxy pointing to their nations.

Just a Pseudo-Code example

for (i = 0, i < 32, i++)
if (current ISPstring == ISPArrayList[i])
CurrentGrindRate += 0.05;

Just because a game has foreigners does not mean that a deterrent won't exist to be used against them. I am not saying PSO-2 has this installed in it, so I am not trying to scare anyone...but in my experience I have seen groups encounter this in foreign games and I am not taking any chances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

SakoHaruo
Mar 18, 2015, 03:02 PM
Place everything I own in shop. finish unfinished weapons and place them in shop. unstall and wait for Episode 4.

It's been (not so) fun everyone. Goodbye for now. o/

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 18, 2015, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately not much cause I spent all my money last night before maintenance buying the Anime eye type for my Newman (I regret nothing). Did most of my TACOs last night too so I'll be short on money for the entire week I think.

Oh well. I'm more focused on levelling ATM anyway.

ca25nada
Mar 18, 2015, 03:19 PM
+140 affix/grind ヒャッカリョウラン (flict arma 88% dropped on 1st attempt, got it on my second try.)
Then probably CQ runs until I hit 180k and anga grinding after that.

wahahaha
Mar 18, 2015, 03:29 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/RBa1IjF.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Adios semana!

Lillifer
Mar 18, 2015, 06:38 PM
Challenge Quests and grinding to get the Saiki Set.

Maenara
Mar 18, 2015, 08:50 PM
Obtain 203 maximum PP.

milranduil
Mar 18, 2015, 08:55 PM
Obtain 203 maximum PP.

http://puu.sh/gGdpk/ef6fb5fbf5.jpg

Maenara
Mar 18, 2015, 08:55 PM
http://puu.sh/gGdpk/ef6fb5fbf5.jpg

>514 max HP

casual

milranduil
Mar 18, 2015, 08:57 PM
>514 max HP

casual

Don't you mean try hard :wacko:

Maenara
Mar 18, 2015, 08:57 PM
No, tryhards maximize ALL their stats.

Punisher106
Mar 20, 2015, 02:28 PM
http://puu.sh/gI9Mr/4a77e65de4.png

The shizuru Replicas were like 1 mil, to my surprise. Too bad there wasn't a white version. Got one for my human and my duman.

mctastee
Mar 20, 2015, 05:58 PM
My God those transfer chances...
That guy just burned all his luck for the entire week. On a side note, I managed to fully grind out some weapons and got 3 saiki sets and fully grinded them out. I just need to affix them now, but I don't know if I have enough money left over.

Zeota
Mar 20, 2015, 07:31 PM
Challenge quests with some anga farming mixed in for variety.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 20, 2015, 08:14 PM
I'm now spamming CQs trying to get ideal DBs before the week is over

wefwq
Mar 21, 2015, 01:43 AM
I'm now spamming CQs trying to get ideal DBs before the week is over
Good luck with that, ever since boost week kicks in, shared ship population only down to Hardcore blocks.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 21, 2015, 02:08 AM
Good luck with that, ever since boost week kicks in, shared ship population only down to Hardcore blocks.

I managed to get 65k today alone. I'm pretty sure I didn't do any CM yesterday.

Digital Pain
Mar 21, 2015, 06:21 AM
I should really level my alt chars and finally get them up to speed but been spamming CM want an another Ideal before boost week is over.

Flaoc
Mar 21, 2015, 07:50 AM

that dude has balls of steel (and luck of the gods)

Rakurai
Mar 24, 2015, 05:39 AM
I made my first serious attempt at 5 slot affixing an 11* unit earlier and failed the 90% on the soul ability. I now feel inclined to just wait until 11* units are sellable and buy someone's pre-affixed set to spare myself the frustration.

On the plus side, my grinding went a lot more smoothly, and I maxed out my Ideal TMGs and 12* rifle with minimal hassle.

milranduil
Mar 24, 2015, 01:36 PM
Well, after 6 days each with no more than 4.5 hours sleep and non-stop anga this week I found...
[spoiler-box]
0 13*s
[/spoiler-box]

thehondachef
Mar 24, 2015, 01:53 PM
You clearly haven't offered your soul and a chunk of your liver to the almighty Dudu.

(He and Chiara are in on it together.)

Edson Drake
Mar 24, 2015, 02:13 PM
Well, after 6 days each with no more than 4.5 hours sleep and non-stop anga this week I found...
[spoiler-box]
0 13*s
[/spoiler-box]

I'm waiting for Lilipa Ult to be honest. Also arsehole games with kanji as a pass, which I could bypass, but it's the principle that counts.

Ran a lot of GGG games though, found a single arm which I have dozens. Three legs and NO Rears meaning I don't have a single complete set. Lovely.

TaigaUC
Mar 24, 2015, 10:09 PM
Tiring week. Spent most of it grinding and affixing and managing multiple shops.
Looking up stuff to check for best prices is such a huge pain up the ass.
What happened to the multiple affix search they teased us with, like, half a year ago?

I was pretty lucky with the low percentage (78?) Abi3s I slapped on a billion weapons.
It failed maybe 5-6 times out of 50+ attempts. Mutation (88?) only failed 1-2 times.
I feel like I had way more trouble grinding 10 star weapons than anything else, particularly the multiple Small Pristine Hammers.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 24, 2015, 10:20 PM
Was thinking about getting ideal DBs, then changed my mind. I wanted ares.

Then I saw custom messages; 1400+ kills with 1 13*, and another ~1000 kills with 0 13*. Stopped after barely two days when I saw that.

I then used my challenge miles on my 2nd katana, and just chose to wait and see what ult lilipa has to offer.

Finished grinding that katana, and 5sed it, my WL, and my saiki units with bayari/modulator/power3/power boost/love fever. 150pp and the damage is so real.

emeraude
Mar 24, 2015, 10:27 PM

Then I saw custom messages; 1400+ kills with 1 13*, and another ~1000 kills with 0 13*. Stopped after barely two days when I saw that.

I then used my challenge miles on my 2nd katana, and just chose to wait and see what ult lilipa has to offer.

Finished grinding that katana, and 5sed it, my WL, and my saiki units with bayari/modulator/power3/power boost/love fever. 150pp and the damage is so real.
Meanwhile there's this guy running around with 36 kills and 1 13* over his head...
RNG!

Perfect Chaos
Mar 24, 2015, 10:35 PM
So about 95 million meseta, 900 excubes, 4,500 Grinders, and 65,000 FUN later, I managed to:
Affix with 5s on 1 set of Saiki units, 4s another Saiki set, 4s a Brisa set, 6s four weapons (failed Vinculum on the 5th at 90%), 5s fourteen other weapons, and 4s seven weapons.
Fully Grinded one 13* weapon and fifteen 11* weapons, as well as the units that I affixed that weren't already fully grinded.

(The meseta estimate does not take into consideration any fodders/items that I obtained prior to boost week starting. If you count the opportunity cost of those things, it might be close to 150 million meseta. >_<)

Bellion
Mar 24, 2015, 10:36 PM
Should've stayed and suffered. Misery loves company! :wacko:
Just don't trigger the desire and 'this dude is persistent' censors that cause -1000% RDR.

Punisher106
Mar 24, 2015, 10:38 PM
Dudu made me burn over 3 mil on trying to +40 my Sange. I didn't get it to +40. And Nodroptsu refused to give me anything beyond crappy 10* items, much less my S&Y.

Xaeris
Mar 24, 2015, 10:42 PM
My week went as such:

+40 Orochiagito
+40 Niren Orochi
+40 God Hand
+40 Blitz Fender
+40 Queen Viera
+40 Gravlios

+40 Ideal Trigger
+40 Ideal Larc
+20 Ares Launcher (ran out of lambdas, fml)

Brista set for my Gunner (Siorg/Shoot IV/Alter Tiro/St. Fever/Shootan Boost)
Saiki Set for my Hunter (Bayari/Power III/Flict Arma/Love Fever)

Loads of miscellaneous 10 and 11* weapons

So yeah, productive week, but expensive. Not even meseta wise. I had a bunch of stuff to sell so that offset the meseta and meseta's not even hard to make. No, I mean my resource supply is devastated. Many good risk reducers, photon spheres, excubes, etc, died this week to bring me these weapons.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 24, 2015, 11:00 PM

It's like the guy didn't use any boosters, you should get one within around 300 kills at the most if your using boosters correctly (i.e. dont have it running ticket after ticket etc)

final_attack
Mar 24, 2015, 11:06 PM
+30 Queen Viera (yay for under 3m ....... 2.3m maybe or a little bit more)

+40 Ideal Trigger (Affixed with luls, but gonna try it anyway, 5 slots, +105Atk, consist of AllResist3 and Ability3, no ShootBoost (no money :wacko: I even failed 90% Vinculum twice, in a row, when trying to affix this one (1 for 1st attempt, 1 for fodder to make it 100%) :wacko: ))

+40 Grando-ru (☆11 White Launcher, Gu-equipable, cost almost 2m, I think)

RIP my meseta (left me with 600k Meseta after doing those) ;w; Can't even attempt +140 R-Atk units for my Gu ;w;

TaigaUC
Mar 24, 2015, 11:09 PM
I didn't even keep track of how much mats I used, I just did whatever.
Was saving up for a long while, and had around just enough to do what I wanted.
Player shop affix fodder, grinders and risk +1s were relatively cheap for once, so that was nice.

Maxed out a ton of 11 stars and 12 stars. Lv3'd my God Hands, Lavis, Viera, etc.
Raikou, Tenimusou and Elusione (the sword) to latent 1, because I probably won't even use them.
Crazy Galactis to latent 1 because I heard that it doesn't make much difference to Meteor Fist.
Upgraded my Dual Blades from 10 star to 11 star. Doesn't feel like it made much difference.
Got lucky and bought a few half-done 11 star weapons for really cheap, maxed them out easily.

I don't recall feeling particularly screwed by 11 and 12 stars this time, unlike in the past. I didn't get stuck under +5 or sent back to 0 like before.
I brute-forced them to around +7 or +8, then used +1/+2 risk reduction with +5%, +10% until +9, and then +30%'d them.
I recall having a lot of trouble brute-forcing 10 stars.

On weapons, affixed Abi3+Ult Soul+Attack3+Fever. Sometimes +Mutation.
Redid my old 3 slots weapon affixes into 4 or 5 slots, focusing on damage.
Did about 5 Saiki sets up with Ult Soul+Attack3+Fever+Mutation/Stam3/Spirita3.
I usually go with Stam3+Spirita3, but haven't had much trouble surviving, so I figured all damage would be better. Cheaper, too.
Saiki makes up for the PP loss in most cases, I think.

My biggest waste was buying a Chalteria for 17m only to see it drop to 10m less than a day later.
That shit happens every damn time I finally give in and buy something.

Didn't try hunting Anga in Ultimate, because I know my luck with drops is (or used to be?) ass.
Didn't do any Extreme or Advance. Only did Challenge twice because I was too busy or tired.
Managed and attended a few trigger runs. Tiring.

This week literally yielded some of the worst Despair and Magatsu runs I've seen in the entire past year (both EN and JP).
Not even exaggerating. Didn't fail, though... so I guess... could have been worse.
I mean, I can understand if you're just one random guy who isn't sure about stuff and might be a little weak.
But multiple entire parties of people going splat simultaneously? I don't think there's an excuse for that.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 24, 2015, 11:21 PM
It's like the guy didn't use any boosters, you should get one within around 300 kills at the most if your using boosters correctly (i.e. dont have it running ticket after ticket etc)

Speaking of which, I killed anga with about +830% (ecode joker) while wearing LR units with rdr 5, and an LR3 weapon.

Not even a pity 10* unit.

emeraude
Mar 24, 2015, 11:23 PM
Wait...what? There's a correct way of using boosters?

Bellion
Mar 24, 2015, 11:27 PM
What am I even reading? Holy hell.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 24, 2015, 11:36 PM
Speaking of which, I killed anga with about +830% (ecode joker) while wearing LR units with rdr 5, and an LR3 weapon.

Not even a pity 10* unit.

If I remember right the RDR caps off at 600% (I remember reading Sega saying there was a cap to RDR), I ran with a lot of 250%'s boosters with 30% LR on top of Daily 30% Tri and RDR Unit craft thing and I manage to find a 13* within a little over 200 kills, others are lucky to find it sooner

Wait...what? There's a correct way of using boosters?
I guess you were too special needs to read what I put in parenthesis which I decided to put in case someone like you would be dumb enough to ask that but well....

emeraude
Mar 24, 2015, 11:48 PM
If I remember right the RDR caps off at 600% (I remember reading Sega saying there was a cap to RDR), I ran with a lot of 250%'s boosters with 30% LR on top of Daily 30% Tri and RDR Unit craft thing and I manage to find a 13* within a little over 200 kills, others are lucky to find it sooner

I guess you were too special needs to read what I put in parenthesis which I decided to put in case someone like you would be dumb enough to ask that but well....
No need to throw insults, I was just surprised to know that there was a correct way. And you had an etc there so I thought there was more.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 24, 2015, 11:51 PM
No need to throw insults, I was just surprised to know that there was a correct way. And you had an etc there so I thought there was more.

I gave one example but I'm expecting the stupid to flow into the thread and go wild about how to use tickets. I don't want to list of some do's and don't for tickets so thats why I gave just that one, I mean you can use your head for other ways to use them incorrectly

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 25, 2015, 12:07 AM
I gave one example but I'm expecting the stupid to flow into the thread and go wild about how to use tickets. I don't want to list of some do's and don't for tickets so thats why I gave just that one, I mean you can use your head for other ways to use them incorrectly

Ooooookay let's just relax here.

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2015, 12:08 AM
We have three hours until the servers are up. Let the man stir the shit please.

emeraude
Mar 25, 2015, 12:18 AM
Uh. Okay then?

Vatallus
Mar 25, 2015, 01:14 AM
I feel like there is a thin line between how much RDR is ok and how much is going to completely screw you over.

ArcaneTechs
Mar 25, 2015, 01:51 AM
Ooooookay let's just relax here.

been relaxed the whole time, you just learn to expect these kinds of things on psow

I feel like there is a thin line between how much RDR is ok and how much is going to completely screw you over.
I always hear its a double edged blade when it comes to the 12* area drops but with how RNG is, i couldnt say

oratank
Mar 25, 2015, 02:26 AM
used 350% for all eq didn't get any 12* in boost week rng god must hate me so much

Vatallus
Mar 25, 2015, 02:36 AM
been relaxed the whole time, you just learn to expect these kinds of things on psow

I always hear its a double edged blade when it comes to the 12* area drops but with how RNG is, i couldnt say

Majority of my 12* area drops honestly came without RDR boosting. The only two 12* area drops I got while boosting with 250% RDR were both Hyakka Ryouran.

Zirenheit with a RDR 50%.

Boots of Serafi, Queen Vera, Hollow Gimlet x4, Tenimusou, Gandiva, and Nox Qucross with 0% RDR boost.

I'd throw all of them away except the Hyakkas and Zirenheit if the game would just give me a 2nd Zirenheit.

(Of course this isn't during boost week, boost week netted me a grand total of 0 12*s.)

Now this doesn't mean RDR is useless when going for area drops... as seeing some people I know managed to pull multiple area drops with a single 250%, but for me personally it seems to be in my best interest to not boost.

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2015, 03:31 AM
Yeah when I actually want shit, it never drops.
I keep getting stuff when I'm just messing around.
I don't use lucky rise or anything anymore.

I strongly suspect that rare boost just makes it easier to get shitty rares and not good ones.
I mean, it boosts the drop rate of all rares and reduces the drop rate of non rares.
That means that whatever you want will still have a tiny percentage compared to all the other trash rubbish that nobody cares about.

emeraude
Mar 25, 2015, 03:33 AM
The desire sensor is real and really damn annoying.

wefwq
Mar 25, 2015, 03:56 AM
The desire sensor is real and really damn annoying.
This is so much, the only time i got good stuff was probably because i didn't know what mobs drops it, once i learn which one it'll never drop again...

Keilyn
Mar 25, 2015, 04:13 AM
I think the biggest rage I have from learning from PSU and PSO2 how SEGA does Boost Weeks (the 10% ones) is simply the marketing ploy.

SEGA always does boost weeks between a "Changing of the guard" for equipment. Players spend their hard earned money, and their sanity boosting a lot of weapons that quickly become obsolete a few weeks later. Saiki has been out for how long? 6 - 9 months?

I wonder if my favorite unit set will be beaten to a pulp by some 12* unit set..

Also, the creation of 13* and their values along with the extra 10% destroys a great majority of weapons below their star grade.

I will give an example...

In my current build, I was raising and using Bloody Nails. I use Symphonic Drive and so I liked the extra 14% damage. However, in my current build due to the extra 10% element and the calculation of S-ATK taking that 10% into consideration, I would hit using any PA for 15% more damage based on raw numbers alone, and that is not counting the 18% potential vs bosses on ideal daggers.

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2015, 04:21 AM
Well, they can't change the playing field too drastically because too many might quit in anger.
Even minor things like that Time Attack spawning change can really piss people off.

If Saiki becomes obsolete it probably won't be too sudden to the point of feeling useless.

Keilyn
Mar 25, 2015, 04:25 AM
I think Saiki will always be useful...
My favorite unit set too..

I guess the reason I am posting like this is because I've learned too much from Solo Playing XH on creatures, resistances...movement, etc.

I've been building lately for Solo XH through solo-playing in EQs that take place in Skyscape and Nab, and I find that in preparation for those difficulties there are a lot of weapons that are good in SH, but lousy on XH.

Saiki is what keeps me alive.
I still have enough health to survive being hit at least once while under Limit Break. ^_^

EvilMag
Mar 25, 2015, 04:29 AM
Well the thing is, units seem to have a longer life span compared to weapons. Been using a unit set on one of my classes that I obtained December of 2013 all the way until I finally got more Saiki sets. Which was around few months ago.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2015, 05:11 AM

Out of the last 850 anga, I got one off-class (useless) 13*. All with 250 + 50/100tri during 100/150rdr days + timed abilities + umbra stick (LR2). Teach me how to anga please.

EvilMag
Mar 25, 2015, 05:19 AM
A legend has always said.

try harder for drops :wacko:

Achelousaurus
Mar 25, 2015, 05:40 AM
Well, even when new gear comes out it's not like you have instant access to it. Like Anga demonstrated pretty clearly.
Sure I could have affixed an Ares Ryuga instead of a Cowtana. But I have to find one first.
And the damage is mediocre as hell without 60 element.

I strongly suspect that rare boost just makes it easier to get shitty rares and not good ones.
I mean, it boosts the drop rate of all rares and reduces the drop rate of non rares.
That means that whatever you want will still have a tiny percentage compared to all the other trash rubbish that nobody cares about.
That's only if you want fodders.
The good stuff is just so damn rare than a handful hours of booster usage make barely a difference.
And since it's all RNG based stuff can always happen like people finding two 13* in one crysal in the first or second week of ult without any boosts.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2015, 07:05 AM
Well, even when new gear comes out it's not like you have instant access to it. Like Anga demonstrated pretty clearly.
Sure I could have affixed an Ares Ryuga instead of a Cowtana. But I have to find one first.
And the damage is mediocre as hell without 60 element.

My 29 element matches yasha damage. Please stop posting.

Asuka~
Mar 25, 2015, 05:48 PM
If it was 24 wind however... Kappa

milranduil
Mar 25, 2015, 08:07 PM
If it was 24 wind however... Kappa

WE DON'T TALK ABOUT THAT OKAY :(

martinmeegan
Mar 26, 2015, 02:08 AM
Out of the last 850 anga, I got one off-class (useless) 13*. All with 250 + 50/100tri during 100/150rdr days + timed abilities + umbra stick (LR2). Teach me how to anga please.

Similar experience. 500+ Angas with 250% +50/100% + timed abilities + team boost + daily boost + Umbra stick = 1 Ares rifle. I was playing DB bouncer the whole week. Also found 1 サルスパニッシャー. Kinda regretting not running as Ranger then I may have found the 2nd DB I was looking for.

Keilyn
Mar 26, 2015, 02:22 AM

The RNG in this game is just as bad.

However, have you tried also in a team of your own in which all members agree with during the farm fully crafting Lucky Rise Units? Also, do you have both charms and weapons in your inventory?

I don't think you are messing up running anga. I think you are just a victim of horrific RNG. I did not get anything either and when Challenge appeared, i liked the boss slaying potential and went straight for it because light element is my weakest element right now in my build.

Ares is so much on RNG, and at least Ideal weapons one can control and predict eventually getting a full 60% pallete.

..and yea, I tried everything you said EVEN with fully crafted Lucky Rise Units and Both Charms and got nothing ;(

Flaoc
Mar 26, 2015, 05:16 AM
killed over 600+ angas with constant 250's sometimes 350 sometimes with joker and mostly during boost weeks and using full lr sets with lr2 umbla stick

what did i get? a bunch of dio weps and no 13* screw that going pure ideal cause relying on rng is stupid and entering jp passwords was awful

Rakurai
Mar 26, 2015, 05:20 AM
I haven't been keeping track of my Anga kills, but I've gotten four 13* stars from what couldn't have been more then 400 of them.

I did almost all of my hunting on boost weeks, though.

Keilyn
Mar 26, 2015, 05:29 AM
So basically....

If you had a 1% chance after all of your RDR boosters and Drink, and you chose to run 600 Angas...and given that you would have a 99% chance of NOT seeing a drop AT LEAST ONCE..

You get... 1 - (99/100)^600 = 99.75% to see a 13* at least once.

Of course "adios" ran at 850+ and received one weapon...and if the projection of FULL BOOSTERS amounting to half of 1%, and 850 runs....we would have

1 - (995/1000)^850 = 98.58% to see a 13* at least once....

So basically using boosters and running this increases the rate by such an insignificant chance, that such a drop would so totally random to the point the question on whether using boosters for such insignificant gains is worth it...

At least compared to all the time required to actually go through with the runs...

Using Adios as an example.......We take the average run time of around 10 minutes to actually reach 250 points, all the shit in between like boss spawns, and killing Anga, spending 8500 minutes to run Anga not counting the time it takes to actually have a player find anga...at 141 hours and 40 minutes.

Is this accurate?

...and if we do get one drop, there is no guarantee to get a second drop to make a 60%, which is why I rather run Challenge for an Ideal weapon.

I already learned not to waste my time on chances so CLOSE to 0 to get an item that it might as well be 0 to the point that total appearance of the item truly is a random RNG.

Atmius
Mar 26, 2015, 05:57 AM
The last time I ran anga I got a drop on my third kill. I more or less stopped playing after that because it was my 6th unwanted and 5th offclass 13*.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 26, 2015, 01:26 PM
killed over 600+ angas with constant 250's sometimes 350 sometimes with joker and mostly during boost weeks and using full lr sets with lr2 umbla stick

what did i get? a bunch of dio weps and no 13* screw that going pure ideal cause relying on rng is stupid and entering jp passwords was awful

There's no rng in getting ideal. It's a matter of when.

Z-0
Mar 26, 2015, 01:28 PM
Yes, but 11*s and 12*s are stronger than Ideals. Definitely for tech, probably the same for the racist latents on melee/ranged.

Of course they're the strongest on bosses, though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 26, 2015, 02:17 PM
Yes, but 11*s and 12*s are stronger than Ideals. Definitely for tech, probably the same for the racist latents on melee/ranged.

Oh I was about to bring some math in here before the edit, but I will anyway.

If we're talking something simple like boulay arl + 7% average stance vs ideal karen, karen noticeably beats arl on mobs since karen has an atk advantage of... 411.2 after element.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 26, 2015, 02:36 PM

As far as wands go, Ares > Seras Cure > Ideal > everything else. Summit Moon's about as strong as Ideal, only very slightly weaker (not even 1% really), and that's one of the strongest 12*s in the game, having a 14% latent that works on anything. Should be a similar story for other melee/ranged weapons, Ideals ought to be about 3rd or 4th best at the worst.

Definitely not that great for rods/talis though.

Keilyn
Mar 27, 2015, 12:54 AM
As far as wands go, Ares > Seras Cure > Ideal > everything else. Summit Moon's about as strong as Ideal, only very slightly weaker (not even 1% really), and that's one of the strongest 12*s in the game, having a 14% latent that works on anything. Should be a similar story for other melee/ranged weapons, Ideals ought to be about 3rd or 4th best at the worst.

Definitely not that great for rods/talis though.

I love that the Ideal weapons have their specific purpose. They are all about Boss Slaying and due to the 60% element (as opposed to 50%) and the higher Attack Values, on raw numbers alone against it destroyed a lot of 10350 weapons with their potentials. Bring to it the 18% vs Bosses and I saw a big difference outright.

I am happy with the Ideal Weapons.....
...and I'm happy with Challenge itself.

Like I tell to people in conferences, meetings, and presentations all the time..

"Nothing sucks more than talking about all of those neat products that are deemed to be the very best of the best and then realizing we can't get our hands on them or by the time we do, it will be outdated. As a rule, the very best of the very best is what is currently available and what we can work with....and when anyone questions you that is what you say 'I did my best with what I have...'"