PDA

View Full Version : Why Can 'Nobody' Beat Apostles Any More? & How To Yell AFK'ers

AzureBlaze
Mar 19, 2015, 08:09 PM
I was hit by that stupid IP problem / whatever after the hack.
I got back a couple of months ago thanks to buying a proxy. I notice a difference though, especially in one particular battle / EQ: Loser's Apos Dorios/ Apostle Dritzer.

How can like...."nobody*" kill this guy any more?
Did they buff ALL apostles after the hack?
Is everyone suddenly bad at the 'game'?
He's weak to wind? You used to see people wind teching vs him, now you don't

Every time I've had to fight Apostles (of any kind, special or not) after getting back, it's been a terrible time of it. Before this, I'd be on basically any block of ship 2, and get to fight maybe 3 or 4 of these things in the allotted half hour of the EQ before Loser came out. Now, its TWO. MAX. If lucky. They just don't seem to die. They kill tons of people more often. I'm always out of moons in like 3 minutes worth of fighting. The apostles seem to act the same (as far as I can tell) do they just have like an additional mill HP? Everybody is also very clearly run ragged after the fight too, popping up the 'no mates' or 'no moons' symbols/eng/jp duo chats.

*Clearly, this isn't true for EVERY person or every team or whatever. That's why the word is in quotes. However, when going around random places with random different people, you encounter something more often than you don't encounter it...it's time for a word in quotes.

If they really did boost apostles, then the point is moot and that's just how it is now, of course.

RELATED:
How do you yell at people who AFK during the apostle fight ON the battle floor?
These jerks park their char near a wall, and that's it. Of course his beams & blasting goop hits this lout, and it dies. Good natured folks waste all their moons revving the creep because with all the havoc the boss is creating, no one will notice that char has never moved or done even 1 attack. Sometimes there's 2 of 'em, because it's a fad??? What's worse is sometimes they're alive at the end, after like 15 minutes of boss bird bouncing around getting like 20 kills/eating 20 moons.

It is ALWAYS someone with some unsayable in English JP name too. You can't warn anyone "don't rev @$&^$#" because what if the rest of the MPA is JPs? They don't know what an AFK is, plus I can't type the characters. Is there anything that can be done? (Next time you're on an MPA, watch for someone to do this)

Weird:
I never encounter people AFK'ing other bosses. Nobody parks in the corner during a Dark Arm, a Magatsu town, a Varda warehouse nor a Falz Angel infest the mothership. I wouldn't even bring it up but the last like......5 times there's at least one of these goons stuffed up near a wall. They did it before the hax too, but at least the apostle would still die in a reasonable amount of time if 11 of the 12 MPA was atk the boss.

This isn't even block related, as far as I can tell.
I am on just random blocks doing other things, when the EQ will come out. It's not like how Block 20 had a bad reputation because "only horrible dummies go there". It seems like anywhere there is SH, there is this problem.

Have you had any similar experience?
It's probably more noticeable if you were fighting them normally / gone for a while / get back now suddenly it's way diff.

TaigaUC
Mar 19, 2015, 08:12 PM
I've always been under the impression that most groups are terrible at dealing with Apos Dorios.
Sometimes, I get into good randoms that flatten it immediately.

No idea why anyone would want to AFK on Apos Dorios.
Maybe they're multiboxing to take advantage of the EXP boost.

Selphea
Mar 19, 2015, 08:13 PM
SH isn't endgame for Loser anymore, the endgame players do it on XH so SH is filled with undergeared lowbies.

Dephinix
Mar 19, 2015, 08:16 PM
There's a lot of newer players for one. Most of them are pretty casual too, so this won't ever change, might want to find a group to play with, even if just 6 people, that'll
turn the tides pretty easy. The AFKers just want the 4 runs, if possible, and fight Loser. If blacklisting meant I could never join their mpa, that would be great, lol.

What difficulty did you do anyways? 4 should still be easy enough on SH, even if a 4man party is pulling the weight.

saraishadow
Mar 19, 2015, 08:17 PM
Most people, even on SH and XH end up spam running Normal Apos Dorios. It's maily because they made them a damage sponge compared to Falz Arms, which go down within 30 seconds to a minute on SH. I think the reason why is because people just want to get it done and do not want to spend 10-15 minutes on one boss fight that isn't the main event of the EQ. Never seen the afkers of which you speak though, also it could be lag on their end.

Dephinix
Mar 19, 2015, 08:22 PM
Apos Dorios used to go down almost as fast as Arms in SH, and that was pugs. That's correct for the people that are lvl capped or don't care for XH Dorios drops.

final_attack
Mar 19, 2015, 08:40 PM
Well, my experience so far ........ I've found afk'er on TD3 (3-4 times so far) ...... and recently on Challenge Mode (found this 3-4 times already, I think. On 440+ blocks) :wacko:

I didn't notice one in Apos, but I dunno, usually I grabbed the aggro at melee range and concentrating to live o_o

Note : I did managed to kill them in the process on TD3, but someone revived them. Well, good for afk'er. I do wonder what's the Japanese for "afk'er". Any info on that? Saying Afk-er on area coordinates seems good? Using "離席中 - <area coordinate>?" to get the attention for the mpa? I dunno the correct for it Japanese though.

Maenara
Mar 19, 2015, 08:59 PM
Most people, even on SH and XH end up spam running Normal Apos Dorios. It's maily because they made them a damage sponge compared to Falz Arms, which go down within 30 seconds to a minute on SH. I think the reason why is because people just want to get it done and do not want to spend 10-15 minutes on one boss fight that isn't the main event of the EQ. Never seen the afkers of which you speak though, also it could be lag on their end.

XH Doritos drops Dispersion Shrike DBs, Gale Hunter GS, and Jellen Wand.

Edson Drake
Mar 19, 2015, 09:05 PM
I have nothing to comment on "bad" players, as this is a dead horse subject, but on AFK-ers, if I notice they're leeching, I'll try to herd the nearest enemy close to them, just for kicks.

AFK-ing isn't an excuse either, I can understand real life happens, but sometimes you notice a pattern on some players. Heck, if you're really that busy, leave the EQ. It's funny seeing the afk folks magically coming back as soon as the enemies are dead. I bet that phone call ended exactly after Apos was killed! ;)

Myself I like to prepare for EQs, drinks, bathroom breaks, phone calls, wife, all that stuff is taken care of before the EQ starts.

NovaanVerdiano
Mar 19, 2015, 09:19 PM
Even on SH I get usually kills at around the two minute mark, that's with pugs.
Some runs are worse, taking 3-5min and at the same time I had runs which took about a minute. All during different times of the day, i.e. JP primetime and "everyone else"-primetime.
I heard of some really, really bad runs from other people, but I never had that happen to myself and even those had it happen maybe once or twice overall. So, I guess you must be extremely unlucky.

Xaeris
Mar 19, 2015, 09:42 PM
XH Doritos has some really nice loot, but if you have multiple characters to flag for Loser, you really don't have much choice but to spam Normal. Between that, and C-mode, I imagine a lot of the better players just aren't available for XH Doritos.

wefwq
Mar 19, 2015, 10:53 PM
Usually character with capped level doing N runs just because they're logged in to the game too late, and 1 XH run of Doritos would take about 10~15 mins they're run into N just to saving some time.
I'm usually always aim for XH runs, but when the blocks really bad (as in require too much time to kill XH doritos) i'll just go to N.

As for AFK, yeah i seen lots of them in the past mainly on EQ like lillipa TD.
In the middle of this kind of boost i can see those bunch kind of leech sitting around here and there, probably taking advantage off the EXP bonus.
I'm usually just try to hold aggro of the boss and lure it to the afk player place and let that boss kill them.

Punisher106
Mar 20, 2015, 01:29 AM
I find b20-tier shitlords at XH Magatsu. I've NEVER failed Magatsu, before, so if I fail it, which only happened once, I know the MPA is b20 tards.

emeraude
Mar 20, 2015, 02:20 AM
I'm worried this is me because sometimes during XH Dorios/TD I lag horribly, I usually wait for a minute or so though and if I'm still lagging hard I just leave.

SH Dorios though, might just be a case of good/level capped players running XH instead of SH, or playing cmode.

Dammy
Mar 20, 2015, 02:35 AM
they didnt buff him, its just players who sucks/afk

TaigaUC
Mar 20, 2015, 02:46 AM
I know this is an Apos Dorios topic, but holy crap the SH EN newbies are absolutely terrible on Elder/Arms.
Entire multis getting wiped out simultaneously (8-10 people at once). Some of these people were level 65-73.
Getting wiped out repeatedly by the lasers up north, getting wiped out by the snake attack.
Whole groups getting wiped out by Elder's forehead beam by standing at the opposite side of the map.
People overwriting WB to slap it on the core when the entire multi are close-range attackers.

Just awful. It's Super Hard. They've been bombing on Elder all the way to level 70+?
I swear, the worst players always show up during the yearly boost event.
And yet, they never seem to bother grinding their gear or anything.
"Oh snap, +10%! Time to wear ungrinded gear and spam EQs with suicides!"

I can understand if you're getting unlucky with Arms ganging up to stomp you, but there's something wrong if you're dead nearly all the time on every run.
Oh yeah, and I don't really recommend maining Gunslash. Only Sakai is master of Jedi Gunslash.

emeraude
Mar 20, 2015, 02:52 AM
Getting wiped out repeatedly by the lasers up north, getting wiped out by the snake attack.
Whole groups getting wiped out by Elder's forehead beam by standing at the opposite side of the map.
People overwriting WB to slap it on the core when the entire multi are close-range attackers.

I thought these were things you learn to deal with like...before SH...

TaigaUC
Mar 20, 2015, 03:00 AM
That's what confuses me.
The difficulty stuff is so useless. It doesn't stop people from maxing level without learning anything.
It's like replacing the staff of companies with freshly-born babies. Or a similar, more interesting analogy. I suck at analogies.

Dammy
Mar 20, 2015, 04:05 AM
That's what confuses me.
The difficulty stuff is so useless. It doesn't stop people from maxing level without learning anything.
It's like replacing the staff of companies with freshly-born babies. Or a similar, more interesting analogy. I suck at analogies.

thats because leveling is TOO FAST now, people level up very quickly but dont know game yet

Ce'Nedra
Mar 20, 2015, 04:40 AM
The early game carries you so hard with 15k per free field CO clearing and area unlocking that you don't learn to get the skills the people learned who played during day 1 to survive.

Result is that all new players are terrible and have no idea how to deal with stuff cause they blast through N-VH in a mere day or two after starting. That and the gear issue too, they probably think they can still make it in SH and XH with their Red and Blue weapons and Tagami units because they could on N-VH.

Kondibon
Mar 20, 2015, 05:18 AM
It's not like everyone does these EQs religiously or anything.

FacelessRed
Mar 20, 2015, 06:22 AM
There really is a strong exchange of experienced players to new players.

I've noticed this recently, despite my infrequent playing. Especially with weak bullet. Players have 0 idea where to place it, or they place it for THEMSELVES. In regards to Apos, I literally watched a guy consistently overwrite MY weak bullet on the pillars so he could 1v1 the pillars for himself. Because he kept moving the WB players were confused and split up strangely.

Then, everyone was killed.

But yeah, lately you either get a bunch of death-happy novices or people so pro you even think of raising your hand off the keyboard and the EQ is over. However it leans towards newb's. I barely have to try and I get aggro out the ass. It's quite irritating for my fairly laid back playstyle. Why do I have to be responsible and actually dodge/block? pfft

HeyItsTHK
Mar 21, 2015, 03:46 AM
There's really a massive dip in quality in SH players, and in playing a new new character it really is much easier and faster to level.

Dephinix
Mar 21, 2015, 03:53 AM
You have people that actually aim their weak bullets? Praise the heavens! I'm so used to the auto aim, shoot all 4 weak bullets at once jackasses, I never expect a decent weak bullet anymore.

Kamekur
Mar 21, 2015, 04:15 AM
Pretty much this.

they didnt buff him, its just players who sucks/afk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW98U8QAAY8&

I blame Sega for killing Br/Hu; pugs don't have their shunka/hatou damage that could everyone with functional hands do. Also XH is only worth it for lvl 17 techs/PAs :D .
Play this EQ with friends, if possible in MPA. Otherwise ship 2 Apos is pretty much impossible with all the braindead leechers.

Edit: Wow I forgot I died stupidly in the last run ;_; . Roll spam without DRS looks so derpish.

HeyItsTHK
Mar 21, 2015, 04:44 AM
I do XH Apos only because it's consistently faster than current day SH Apos.

wefwq
Mar 21, 2015, 04:46 AM
Pretty much this.
I blame Sega for killing Br/Hu; pugs don't have their shunka/hatou damage that could everyone with functional hands do. Also XH is only worth it for lvl 17 techs/PAs :D .
Play this EQ with friends, if possible in MPA. Otherwise ship 2 Apos is pretty much impossible with all the braindead leechers.

Edit: Wow I forgot I died stupidly in the last run ;_; . Roll spam without DRS looks so derpish.
Hatou still do decent damage, though.
It's just pre-nerf shunka baby still drowning on their dream dealing massive damage with autopilot that refuse to accept the change.

Kamekur
Mar 21, 2015, 05:02 AM
Hatou still do decent damage, though.
It's just pre-nerf shunka baby still drowning on their dream dealing massive damage with autopilot that refuse to accept the change.

Fury stance nerf has hit Br pretty hard. Other classes are certainly more viable for single-target dps now, and all of them (maybe not Bo, I haven't personally played it much) are harder to land hits on Apos. Like, FiHu does more damage with Hatou than BrHu itself.

Terrence
Mar 21, 2015, 09:49 AM
A big load of insults and denigrations.
This repels me. You're even sluttier than I thought. Players with average gameplay/gear don't deserve respect ?
Hopefully, you're all here. You, the great ones. You, the wonderful top tier people. You, the best players of Pso2.
Maybe now that you have mastered the game you could use only 1 SP to learn one final skill : CONSIDERATION.

milranduil
Mar 21, 2015, 09:54 AM
This repels me. You're even sluttier than I thought. Players with average gameplay/gear don't deserve respect ?
Hopefully, you're all here. You, the great ones. You, the wonderful top tier people. You, the best players of Pso2.
Maybe now that you have mastered the game you could use only 1 SP to learn one final skill : CONSIDERATION.

go home

Xed
Mar 21, 2015, 11:17 AM

How are these guys top-tier when they only recruit best people out of world for a PSO2 easy content such as challenge mode. When I and many others cleared through pub runs.

Nevermind that I read here that carry random one is too much burden for them. Mentally challenged indeed.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 21, 2015, 11:59 AM

Average players are the ones getting 2-3 minute SH Dorios runs, but you wouldn't know that since you're one of those terrible players people are talking about.

Actually, why did you even reply to Selphia's post specifically? Selphia only said that SH was filled with low level players, which is completely true, not insulting, and not denigrating. Who's the inconsiderate, denigrating scumbag again? Oh right. You. Fuckin' hypocritical twit.

Kamekur
Mar 21, 2015, 12:08 PM

All I said is that Apos is the same as always, thank you. It's a fact that not everyone in pugs cares about wanting to do things faster. As it has been pointed out previously in the thread, some people don't even do anything and just afk. Stop being so trigger-happy to attack whenever you can.

How are these guys top-tier when they only recruit best people out of world for a PSO2 easy content such as challenge mode. When I and many others cleared through pub runs.

Nevermind that I read here that carry random one is too much burden for them. Mentally challenged indeed.

2chan blocks aren't exactly pug, they kind of use an strategy similar to team MPAs that they post in their threads. CM and PSO2 normal mode are pretty much different games, btw.

n_n
Mar 21, 2015, 01:45 PM
go home
I can easily tell his home is B1.

edit:
This is my fastest XH Apos run. Any tips, PSOW?
http://puu.sh/gJIgl/b9c50fb14f.jpg

Great Pan
Mar 22, 2015, 08:04 PM
B, but I wanna leech!

FacelessRed
Mar 23, 2015, 01:29 AM
Yesterday I got caught out on my Fo/Te to do Apos (XH). It was terrible. Oh it was so so freaking terrible.

Normally I run weak bullet and manual aim on my 2nd character. How are people this bad? why does no one use WB properly? 2, only 2 Apos before Loser. And then Don't get me started on how hard Loser wrecked everyones faces.

Never again will I let a Pug be trusted with WB, if EQ pops while I'm on the wrong char I'm not even going to do it.

Xed
Mar 23, 2015, 03:06 AM
Yesterday I got caught out on my Fo/Te to do Apos (XH). It was terrible. Oh it was so so freaking terrible.

Normally I run weak bullet and manual aim on my 2nd character. How are people this bad? why does no one use WB properly? 2, only 2 Apos before Loser. And then Don't get me started on how hard Loser wrecked everyones faces.

Never again will I let a Pug be trusted with WB, if EQ pops while I'm on the wrong char I'm not even going to do it.

I had some good run at XH.

Do you know in mmo pve server. When there is a team only consist people boost better being. Expect the ratio of the other players are plain terrible. Proofed that they are totally free in fps when the best US/UK team always get beated by random team.

Moral of story avoid players who boosting English Language.

Vatallus
Mar 23, 2015, 12:44 PM
Going with randoms is like a game of roulette. Sometimes you get an MPA that beats XH Apos in 2 minutes, and sometimes you get one that blows hardcore and takes 10 minutes. Personally I want to run XH but if my first MPA is horrible I'll go run normal to get my 4 kills in before I try XH again.

TaigaUC
Mar 23, 2015, 01:39 PM
Not Apos Dorios again, but wow... SH Despair...
It's like back when Despair first came out: losing multiple towers early and clinging to the last one desperately.
EN players (not even exaggerating) dying non stop in large clumps.
They die to stuff like dropship missiles and Ringarda's double whirlwind.

People in AISes dashing right past enemies humping towers, all the damn time.
They ignore dropships too. I saw a lone dropship shooting missiles at a tower until the tower blew up.
The people in the AISes never came over to get rid of it.
I keep needing to use my AIS early to save the galaxy :/ Then I can't use it to do shit nobody else is doing.
The infected towers keep shooting lasers, too. I don't think I saw any for months up until this week or so.

Oh yeah, and I keep ending up in the top three even though I felt like I wasn't doing much.
The last two runs, I was busy talking to someone the entire time and still came in 2nd or 3rd.
What the hell was everyone else doing? It always feels like 2/3rds of the multi are missing.

And of course Magatsu. EN people still arguing about what to attack and abusing each other.
Fun times.

Neith
Mar 23, 2015, 03:16 PM
Mining Base Despair is hilarious, people fail it so often (PUGs) in SH but I've passed it every time in XH :lol: It's always depressing when you have a bad run and then come in the top 3 though, it gives you an indicator of just how terrible things are :wacko:

As for Apos Dorios, I just run him in Normal a few times and do Loser in XH because I got so sick of spending 10-15mins trying to kill XH Apos once. Wonder how much HP he has in XH as he seems like a complete damage sponge.

IndignationSWF
Mar 23, 2015, 04:37 PM
Not gonna lie, I've had some ridiculously bad Dorios runs on SH. I've had barely leveled/under-geared players die after every major attack which while extremely annoying after a time isn't as bad as the fact that no one even bothers trying to res them even once.

I'm not sure if it's apathy or arrogance, but it's not helping anything. @_@

Also, I haven't seen a single person use WB during Dorios runs in ages, are people afraid of damage and success?

Edson Drake
Mar 23, 2015, 05:23 PM
I stopped doing EQs completely, it's getting really bad, what the hell.

Vatallus
Mar 23, 2015, 06:18 PM
A safe assumption on enemy HP is to assume all enemies on XH have a 250% HP increase over their SH counterparts. Though I think I remember reading something about Apos getting a HP rebalance before XH.

Dnd
Mar 23, 2015, 07:53 PM
A safe assumption on enemy HP is to assume all enemies on XH have a 250% HP increase over their SH counterparts. Though I think I remember reading something about Apos getting a HP rebalance before XH.

SH owls and luther got a HP drop, VH luther also had a hp drop iirc? (might of been the other way around, but idk)

pretty much everything in XH had a 2~4x HP increase at lv80 over their lv70 counterparts

Dephinix
Mar 23, 2015, 08:19 PM
Also, I haven't seen a single person use WB during Dorios runs in ages, are people afraid of damage and success?

I've been in a party with 4 other Ra/Br before, and not one would use weak bullet until I said something. There's a lot of dps whores out there,
even if their dps is lower than yours.

Natsu Nem
Mar 23, 2015, 08:23 PM
I pretty much quit the game at this point.

I had a lot of patience with bad players but it finally reached the breaking point when I found myself carrying yet another TD3. I was playing at my absolute best in that TD3, maximizing my movement, pp management, and damage. I remember as soon as I cleaned up my side of the map, I opened up my map to see 6 people dead to a single Malluda. People were dying to the dumbest stuff. I had no moons remaining by the beginning of wave 4 and we failed 30 seconds into wave 6.

After waiting a bit so I wouldn't get that horrible mpa again, I ended up in a 3/12 mpa. It was just me and 2 random jp players. We were doing really well before we really got overwhelmed at wave 7 due to the lack of any remaining AIS or tower repairs. There should be no reason as to why a 12/12 mpa was outdone by a 3/12 mpa.

I'm tired of playing my heart out to succeed only to be held back by the failures of others.

Vatallus
Mar 23, 2015, 09:49 PM
I didn't really want to link this.

http://lulls32moen.web.fc2.com/

HP tables for enemies. Pretty sure most active and competent players can already tell when most of these enemies are ready to die anyway.

Also the table is incomplete, but most of the enemies have pretty close a 250% HP increase over their SH counter part. Difficulty plays a bigger role in deciding mob HP than pure level does. (You can notice this during Arks tournament quest when max level enemies drop like flies) Few bosses and things are closer to x4, but its mostly the trash bosses.

TaigaUC
Mar 24, 2015, 12:03 AM
I'm tired of playing my heart out to succeed only to be held back by the failures of others.

I feel that way too. Don't worry, it's mostly just for this boost week.
After that, most of the really shit people will go away. Happens every year.

And yeah, a lot of people get wiped out by Maluda.
I've been seeing a lot of people let Maludas slide up to towers and hump them to death.
Or they fight bosses next to towers so that their AOE keeps damaging towers.
They don't understand the concept of tagging or hate/threat. Or defense.

I've been in a party with 4 other Ra/Br before, and not one would use weak bullet until I said something. There's a lot of dps whores out there,
even if their dps is lower than yours.

That's pretty sad. I do big enough damage while maining WB to still top boss hate/threat.
People need to just learn how to play. I can switch to launcher, or just use powerful rifle PAs.

Alma
Mar 24, 2015, 01:49 AM
im used to think MBD3 EQ was pretty easy with AIS help ad all... even on XH....
well not anymore now...

9 from 12 just ignoring enemy and collecting crystal...
that's itself is okay in certain degree...
until you realize people refuse to use their AIS...
or use AIS but only machine guning....
took forever for them (yeah them, meaning more than 1 AIS) defeating 1 malluda...
while the mob upnorth destroying base tower leisurely...

refuse to destroy infected ship...
refuse to destroy red tower...
refuse to heal base tower...

afk ing near tower...

heck i don't know anymore why these people bother playing the game. :-?

as for APOS fight, i seems to get PUG that finish XH apos in under 10mnt on random XH block every now or often...
haven't meet the one that especially bad on that EQ.

Zorua
Mar 24, 2015, 03:13 AM
Wait, it's normal for people to AFK in EQs now? When did this happen?

wefwq
Mar 24, 2015, 03:24 AM
Wait, it's normal for people to AFK in EQs now? When did this happen?
When SEGA went full casual on PSO2 and made leveling piss easy.
Those shitters felt didn't really want to play but still want their character progressing.

Zorua
Mar 24, 2015, 03:28 AM
When SEGA went full casual on PSO2 and made leveling piss easy.
Those shitters felt didn't really want to play but still want their character progressing.

Oh, I see. I never really noticed the problem over here, but seeing that FacelessRed is complaining about it, it must be happening on my ship too. Guess it's just not as prominent.

emeraude
Mar 24, 2015, 05:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kygHE9s.png

I'm trying very hard to give people the benefit of the doubt but this guy (60s/30s) is looking for a party in SH Magatsu.
Maybe he's...maybe he'll change gear? Change class? I mean come on.

TaigaUC
Mar 24, 2015, 06:52 AM
I don't see people idling that often on ship2.
Maybe once in a few weeks.

But then, I only do a few EQs .

Magicks
Mar 24, 2015, 09:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kygHE9s.png

I'm trying very hard to give people the benefit of the doubt but this guy (60s/30s) is looking for a party in SH Magatsu.
Maybe he's...maybe he'll change gear? Change class? I mean come on.

... It really baffles me the fact that it's currently boost week, and even if he's new and this is his first character class set he's leveling, it's not hard to get those units and weapon to +10. I mean come on, it shouldn't even be that expensive to do so anyway. And you can easily get 10*s now.

final_attack
Mar 24, 2015, 10:10 AM
Probably waiting for "end-game" weapon and then grind it ....... Not unusual too, I think. I could be wrong though.

Edson Drake
Mar 24, 2015, 12:31 PM
... It really baffles me the fact that it's currently boost week, and even if he's new and this is his first character class set he's leveling, it's not hard to get those units and weapon to +10. I mean come on, it shouldn't even be that expensive to do so anyway. And you can easily get 10*s now.

Yeah. It's been a while since I checked out other people's equipment. This was before the boost week in those mass Magatsu EQs we got:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2w2ipet.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I already posted this on another thread. He was lv70 and apparently managed to get to XH without knowing that grinding exists.

It wasn't that guy on chat screen btw. This one was trying to stealth his way into Magatsu I'd guess.

[SPOILER]also, I'm aware it seems a dick move to show screens like this, but in those cases I consider it a form of griefing since you're pushing all of your weight into the other players' shoulders, it's Magatsu ffs!

Magicks
Mar 24, 2015, 12:49 PM
Probably waiting for "end-game" weapon and then grind it ....... Not unusual too, I think. I could be wrong though.

Could be. Maybe it's also because back when I started playing, a friend of mine always hassled me and another friend to get our equipment constantly updated in order to do as much damage as possible at our current levels. By the time I was around Lv 50 I already had that Ringa rod +10, then moved to a Talis+10 Lv 55, and finally Weedle around Lv 70/50ish. I guess it also helped that back then daily TACOs were a thing, and it was relatively easy to make money.

I still feel that you should at least be updating your equipment every 10 levels; especially at the LV 50/60/70 marks. (And most likely at Lv 40 mark when you make the switch to VH.) You're gimping yourself hard by not doing so, and holding players back when they can be clearing in SH.

Yeah. It's been a while since I checked out other people's equipment. This was before the boost week in those mass Magatsu EQs we got:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2w2ipet.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

I already posted this on another thread. He was lv70 and apparently managed to get to XH without knowing that grinding exists.

It wasn't that guy on chat screen btw. This one was trying to stealth his way into Magatsu I'd guess.

[SPOILER]also, I'm aware it seems a dick move to show screens like this, but in those cases I consider it a form of griefing since you're pushing all of your weight into the other players' shoulders, it's Magatsu ffs!

I remember when a friend was complaining that 3/12 of his MPA in SH Doritos were using un-grinded/low-grinded, uncrafted 7*s. It's also not reassuring when you see that kind of gear in TD EQs since kill speed is very important to succeed.

Also, that's how I feel whenever I play as well. I may not be the best player, nor the highest DPSer, but I can at least do enough damage that I'm not a hinder to my MPA. So, it really urks me when players aren't geared properly and try and get into XH. I mean, XH is essentially for players that are well-geared players. Don't try XH if you aren't going to be ready for it.

(I also find it funny that he wanted to do XH Magatsu before the changes hit. You'd get so much more loot from SH.)

emeraude
Mar 24, 2015, 01:39 PM
I don't really mind suboptimal setups when running say, Vday/white day EQ, but during timed/DPS check EQ like Magatsu or TD3 I wish people would bring good DPS/support, since clearing it faster gives everyone a chance at more runs.