PDA

View Full Version : Did Anyone Else get an E-mail Like this for their Vita PSO2 EP3 Order?

the_importer_
Mar 20, 2015, 08:16 AM
I ordered from AmiAmi and just got this e-mail this morning:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

We are sending this message to all customers who have a shipped order for either of the following:

GAME-0013342 - PS Vita Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3 Deluxe Package GAME-0013557 - [AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus] PS Vita Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3 Deluxe Package (w/Mouse Pad)

We have been notified by the maker that there was an error with a number of quantities of this item where the "EPISODE 2" was written on the label of the game cartridge. The correct label should say "EPISODE 3." The game cartridge itself is correct, and the game content is of Episode 3.

We kindly ask that you please check the item when you have received your order to confirm if your item has the correct label. Again, there is no issue with the game itself and only the label on the game cartridge is incorrect. If you have received an item with an incorrect label and are unsatisfied with it, our store can accept a return of the item for a refund. Order payments and return shipping costs will be reimbursed as AmiAmi Points. Please understand that no replacements are available and we can only provide a order refunds.

If you have received an item with an incorrect cartridge label and would like to return it, please contact our store within 7 days of order delivery and provide us with your order ID number and a clear, well-lit photo of the game cartridge label with your order invoice or shipping label. Please have the invoice or shipping label in the SAME photo as the item. We will then provide you with instructions to return the item.

No response or action is required if you either received the correct cartridge label, or if you received an incorrect cartridge label but would like to keep the game. Please be advised that support will unfortunately not be available for issues reported after 7 days of delivery.

On behalf of the manufacturer, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards, AmiAmi"

Lyrise
Mar 20, 2015, 08:22 AM
It's basically referring to this bit here on the website: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=5787

I dunno how much of that particular Vita card has changed in terms of data content, but it's dumb how if they were all different, as signified by their differing game codes, why every version needs to download an equally large patch. You would think that the card has been updated with the most relevant data to reduce that patch size...

the_importer_
Mar 20, 2015, 08:32 AM
It's basically referring to this bit here on the website: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=5787

I dunno how much of that particular Vita card has changed in terms of data content, but it's dumb how if they were all different, as signified by their differing game codes, why every version needs to download an equally large patch. You would think that the card has been updated with the most relevant data to reduce that patch size...

Oh that's it? I thought it would be like a different art work or something, guess Vita games are so small that there's no room for Art Work :p

Thanks for the info

wefwq
Mar 20, 2015, 08:42 AM
It's SEGA QUALITY production tier right there.

the_importer_
Mar 20, 2015, 09:05 AM
It's SEGA QUALITY production tier right there.

I'll always remember Sonic 3's manual where they found a pathetic reason why you can get stuck into walls:

http://info.sonicretro.org/File:Sonic3_us_manual_26_27.jpg

Sara-hime
Mar 20, 2015, 11:00 AM
I'll always remember Sonic 3's manual where they found a pathetic reason why you can get stuck into walls:

http://info.sonicretro.org/File:Sonic3_us_manual_26_27.jpg

I haven't looked at that manual in years and I STILL can recall that blurb about Robotnik's "Diabolical Traps" ^^;

JaysonL
Mar 23, 2015, 01:39 PM
For some reason, I am not receiving emails from Amiami anymore. Missed a few order payments due to this. Anyways, great that this is a thing but I already used the codes without bothering to look at the game cart as I already had an Ep2 cart and this one is only for collection. Now I have 2 EP2 carts... Although they are the same, still feels kinda cheap.

I doubt they would accept the return since I already used the code...

I hope you don't get an EP2 cart. Cheers.

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2015, 05:18 PM
Well just got mine today and yes, I have the EP2 label. My Vita asked if I wanted to delete the content that was already on the game card from my memory card, so I said yes. Turns out, there's still over 6GB of data taken on my memory card for the game.

So I removed my memory card and just left the game in there. Well turns out that the 2nd intro of PSO2 started (the one in the snow) instead of the EP3 intro. It's not EP3, we've either been lied to (meaning that they haven't produced any new cards) or they didn't just used the wrong label, they've reused some of the same cards that went unsold. We could be potentially be dealing with a lawsuit here, from Japanese players anyway.

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2015, 10:47 PM
Double post: Here's a video showing that SEGA pretty much included EP1 inside an EP3 packaging:

Sorry for the crappy phone cam recording.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAaIvYNTosg

Padoca85
Mar 23, 2015, 11:24 PM
Thats....awful

How could they have done something like that?

You should change the post title to something like "Sega packaging old Ps vita stock ep1 card inside ep3 boxes" to warn other players!

the_importer_
Mar 23, 2015, 11:27 PM
Thats....awful

How could they have done something like that?

I get the feeling that all the cards since EP1 are actually the same. EP2 owners could do the same test.

Vatallus
Mar 23, 2015, 11:55 PM
Well that is horrible...

Did you at least get the Nagisa item codes? (deafening the blow)

the_importer_
Mar 24, 2015, 12:09 AM
Well that is horrible...

Did you at least get the Nagisa item codes? (deafening the blow)

There are codes behind the manual, I should enter them.

Here's what I got:

[spoiler-box]
http://i60.tinypic.com/4incr5.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/20pzy48.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/2yziot2.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Alma
Mar 24, 2015, 01:16 AM
so wait...

if the data content of vita episode 3 cart was the same with eps2 and 1 cart...
then whats the point buying the physical cart version if you already have the 1st episode cart?

i thought the purpose to buy 2nd or 3rd episode cart (aside for ingame codes bonus and collectible purpose) was to reduce some install data on the vita memory card. to free more space.

wth sega? :-?

Rain Walker
Mar 24, 2015, 01:19 AM
It's because you are getting the codes not the catridge with more data due to its limited size lol.

JaysonL
Mar 24, 2015, 01:51 AM
Well just got mine today and yes, I have the EP2 label. My Vita asked if I wanted to delete the content that was already on the game card from my memory card, so I said yes. Turns out, there's still over 6GB of data taken on my memory card for the game.

So I removed my memory card and just left the game in there. Well turns out that the 2nd intro of PSO2 started (the one in the snow) instead of the EP3 intro. It's not EP3, we've either been lied to (meaning that they haven't produced any new cards) or they didn't just used the wrong label, they've reused some of the same cards that went unsold. We could be potentially be dealing with a lawsuit here, from Japanese players anyway.

They clearly stated way before releasing the 3rd package that that cart in it will have the same data contents as the 2nd cart. So I don't see how they can get in trouble for this. Especially since Sega is offering to replace the carts with wrong stickers themselves over in Japan.

I am actually surprised with this because it seems like Sega is actually looking out for foreigners in this case. There is no chance in hell that Amiami would offer something like this on their own accord. I've dealt with them for 4 year and I know that that don't treat foreigners with that kind of respect. So this is probably something offered by Sega to Amiami for us.

Also, EP2 carts also only had the EP1 opening on cart. If the Japanese wanted a lawsuit over that, it would have been over by now. With Sega almost guaranteed to win it.

Padoca85
Mar 24, 2015, 03:47 PM
Also, EP2 carts also only had the EP1 opening on cart. If the Japanese wanted a lawsuit over that, it would have been over by now. With Sega almost guaranteed to win it.

Its not about the intro, it show ver. 1.0something in the title menu, showing its indeed ep1, not just the intro