PDA

View Full Version : Game starts, unable to move.

xTwoTails
Mar 20, 2015, 11:49 PM
So I have this strange problem....

I managed to install the game, and install every patch available from Tweaker ( Thank you Cyberkitsune for da help! ).
However, after I created my character, the game wanted me to show me how the game plays and stuff so right after I start my first mission ( The tutorial I assume ) , Im completely unable to move.

W,A,S,D doesn't work. Instead, the chat opens up. I can't press ESC either. In fact, none of the buttons on the Keyboard work at all ! The mouse works great as a camera though, the game is beautiful on Max Settings @ 60FPS.
I tried pluggin an XBOX360 controller and no dice.
Then I go to the Game Settings , and try to map buttons to my controller and keyboard but still nothing. So, I'm out of ideas and this is the only place I could probably get help.

TLDR version: When the game starts for the first time, I'm unable to move with neither the keyboard or with my XBOX360 controller. I tried everything with Tweaker and in-game settings with no luck. I can move the mouse around and move the camera just fine, but I can't do anything else.

PS: ALT+F4 works like a charm though.

Anduril
Mar 20, 2015, 11:52 PM
Try hitting ScrLk, that will take you out of Direct Chat mode; if that doesn't work, you'll most likely need to run a file check to look for missing or corrupted files.

xTwoTails
Mar 21, 2015, 12:00 AM
Try hitting ScrLk, that will take you out of Direct Chat mode; if that doesn't work, you'll most likely need to run a file check to look for missing or corrupted files.

That was the first thing I did when it happened. But.... no luck.
I have no idea what's going on. >:
I just tried to go into the game again, went through the settings once more, started my first game ( again ) , I skip the cut-scenes and... I can't move. None of the buttons on the keyboard work. Just ALT+F4 combo. X3

Anduril
Mar 21, 2015, 12:07 AM
Which file check did you run? If you can use the official launcher, hit the third button from the top, or if from the Tweaker make sure you are using "Check for Old/Missing Files."

xTwoTails
Mar 21, 2015, 12:10 AM
Which file check did you run? If you can use the official launcher, hit the third button from the top, or if from the Tweaker make sure you are using "Check for Old/Missing Files."

Yap, that's the one I used right after your post. I also tried with the official launcher, but yields the same results.

It didn't fix anything as I did that right after patching everything. I basically made sure that all the files are working, and patched correctly.

But yeah, no luck so far >:

EDIT: I believe I put this thread on the Support section... not in the General area... o.o

Punisher106
Mar 21, 2015, 01:33 AM
Try hitting the T key, see if this works.

wefwq
Mar 21, 2015, 01:41 AM
Yap, that's the one I used right after your post. I also tried with the official launcher, but yields the same results.

It didn't fix anything as I did that right after patching everything. I basically made sure that all the files are working, and patched correctly.

But yeah, no luck so far >:

EDIT: I believe I put this thread on the Support section... not in the General area... o.o
Try to run data check with official launcher and then launch the game without any EN patch, see if it works or not.

emeraude
Mar 21, 2015, 01:52 AM
Do you have the Story Patch installed? If you do, remove it, and see if it works.

xTwoTails
Mar 21, 2015, 04:44 AM
@wefwq

Tried that, but no luck.

@emeraude

Just did that, but nothing. Still unable to move or do anything at all.

QwQ

emeraude
Mar 21, 2015, 05:02 AM
Can you move properly without launching through Tweaker?

xTwoTails
Mar 23, 2015, 02:46 AM
@emeraude: I cannot move still, even after launching the game without Tweaker.

I have removed the ENG patches and Story Patches and redownloaded the original JP files so now I have a vanilla PSO2. However, when I try to run the game, I still cannot move at all.

Then , I tried re-install the patches again and.... still with the same problem.

To get a better view of my problem.

-- Game Starts Normally
-- I can login with my SEGA ID just fine
-- I go to the Game's configuration and map my buttons with my controller AND the keyboard.
-- I select my character and the Tutorial mission starts ( I can press ESC and Skip , and even click on desitions and move through the "Yeah..." and "What?" dialog boxes on the very first screen and I can press Enter just fine)
-- When the Tutorial starts, my partnet goes "LETS GO!" ( or something like that ) and that's where I'm unable to move. None of the buttons on my Keyboard work, except the ones related to the camera. The ESC button is useless and only ALT+F4 combo works. The same thing happens when I play with my XBOX360 controller.

Situation: unable to move still.... >:

emeraude
Mar 23, 2015, 04:15 AM
If you start the game and leave it as is (i.e., don't map anything) does it work?

wefwq
Mar 23, 2015, 04:48 AM
@emeraude: I cannot move still, even after launching the game without Tweaker.

I have removed the ENG patches and Story Patches and redownloaded the original JP files so now I have a vanilla PSO2. However, when I try to run the game, I still cannot move at all.

Then , I tried re-install the patches again and.... still with the same problem.

To get a better view of my problem.

-- Game Starts Normally
-- I can login with my SEGA ID just fine
-- I go to the Game's configuration and map my buttons with my controller AND the keyboard.
-- I select my character and the Tutorial mission starts ( I can press ESC and Skip , and even click on desitions and move through the "Yeah..." and "What?" dialog boxes on the very first screen and I can press Enter just fine)
-- When the Tutorial starts, my partnet goes "LETS GO!" ( or something like that ) and that's where I'm unable to move. None of the buttons on my Keyboard work, except the ones related to the camera. The ESC button is useless and only ALT+F4 combo works. The same thing happens when I play with my XBOX360 controller.

Situation: unable to move still.... >:
You can skip tutorial and jump straight to lobby.

Rain Walker
Mar 23, 2015, 05:34 AM
Are you using any type of vpn or proxy to connect to the game?

xTwoTails
Mar 23, 2015, 09:42 AM
So I made a small video so you can see what's going on.
From the PSO2 start screen, all the game to where I'm stuck.

Edit: OKAY, I can't post video links... well dang it...

As you can see, I was spamming the Move key like crazy and was able to take a step ahead ( Yay~! ) but again... I wasn't able to move again. ( GG me )

@Rainwalker: I'm currently using CiberKitune's way to go into the game.
@wefwq: I can't skip anything once I'm in the actual game.
@emeraude: The video I provided has what you suggested.

Edit2: Since I can't post links, I decided to use the "Signature" function for this. Sadly, you won't be able to see it for some reason and I think that might be due to my post count. So you'll have to go to my proflle and go About Me. Then you can see the video. I know it's not the intended way. >:

emeraude
Mar 23, 2015, 09:49 AM
Sorry if I seem repetitive/asking you to test the most inane things, this is quite odd...

This happened to me when I first played PSO2 - I could move the camera but my movements lagged horribly, couldn't move, etc. What made it work was checking for missing files directly through the official launcher. Can you post at least the end of your video url and which site it's hosted on?

xTwoTails
Mar 23, 2015, 12:18 PM
Actually, I should of done something more clever.

The rest of the URL: /watch?v=aP674bugPg8&feature=youtu.be

Edit: Oh lol, now my signature shows up.... XD
Just click the white link down there on my siggy and it'll take you to the same video~ X3
*derp fox*

Edit2: So as you said, it could be lag... but it turns out that it isn't. I've been sitting here pressing the move key and... nothing. @w@ So I know it's not lag at all.

Zorafim
Mar 23, 2015, 02:12 PM
You can't move, and instead your chat pops up, and everything you type pops up in chat. It definitely sounds like you're in direct chat.
You should still be able to open the menu with Esc. Navigate to the options from there (may want to put the english patch back in for that) and go to keybinds. Find the direct chat key. It may be something besides scrlk for you.

Anduril
Mar 23, 2015, 02:16 PM
Actually, I think there may be an option that disables direct chat toggle; that might be selected.

xTwoTails
Mar 23, 2015, 02:42 PM
Oh, in the video. I clicked on the chat to type what I was saying.
But for the benefit of the doubt, I gave that a try and well.... same result.
I still cannot move at all.

I tried Disabled and Disabled (something here).

Like I said , when I press anything on the keyboard, nothing happens, not even the chat window opens up. In the video, I pointed my mouse to the Chat , that's how I was able to type.

EDIT: ESC, F buttons, numbers, etc don't work at all. If I press them, nothing happens. What's weird is that ALT+F4 works.

AlphaBlob
Mar 23, 2015, 05:08 PM
Is there any 3rd party program running in the background? i.e macro program for keyboard?

xTwoTails
Mar 23, 2015, 05:30 PM
Nah, I don't really like those 3rd party programs.
The only thing that's running is Steam and Skype which I highly doubt is the reason.
I tested just in case without Skype and Steam, but the problem still persist.

*sighs* it's GG for me I guess. .w.
From PSO ( Dreamcast then PC ) , then to PSU (XBOX360/PC), to PS0, to PSPortable 1 and 2.

AlphaBlob
Mar 23, 2015, 05:38 PM
Nah, I don't really like those 3rd party programs.
The only thing that's running is Steam and Skype which I highly doubt is the reason.
I tested just in case without Skype and Steam, but the problem still persist.

*sighs* it's GG for me I guess. .w.
From PSO ( Dreamcast then PC ) , then to PSU (XBOX360/PC), to PS0, to PSPortable 1 and 2.
In the tweaker, I'm sure there's an option to reset PSO2 settings, have you tried this? Also you might want to try making another account incase it's the setting on your current account that are messed up.

xTwoTails
Mar 23, 2015, 06:12 PM
In the tweaker, I'm sure there's an option to reset PSO2 settings, have you tried this? Also you might want to try making another account incase it's the setting on your current account that are messed up.

Wat? You're kidding.... QwQ
It's so troublesome to make an account... >:

Yeah, I tried doing that as well. In fact, I tried everything I could think of with Tweaker. Redownload exe's , even fix GameGuard errors , Remove EnglishPatches, Story Patches, Running vanilla PSO2, Re-installing the game ( dear god... that took ages ), and... you can imagine the pain I went through...

Well, time to create a new account I guess. Blegh... xwx

If there are more suggestions, let me know.

AlphaBlob
Mar 23, 2015, 06:22 PM
Good god, I hope this works for you. Out of curiosity, what keyboard model are you using?

xTwoTails
Mar 23, 2015, 07:13 PM
Good god, I hope this works for you. Out of curiosity, what keyboard model are you using?

I don't think that applies to Laptops XD
The laptop I'm using is a Lenovo Y580! It runs Warframe at Max setting at 40-60FPS so my lappy eats PSO2 for breakfast~!

And no, that... didn't work... -w-

Rehal
Mar 23, 2015, 07:47 PM
Uninstall all sort of patch you have. File checks to remove it.

AlphaBlob
Mar 23, 2015, 08:12 PM
From looking around Google a bit, all I could find was these solutions

-Press Scroll lock on keyboard or go in settings to disable "Direct Chat" (I know you did that already)
-Uninstall Story patch.
-Unplug any gamepad connected the the PC.

Also maybe you could try spamming every key of the keyboard to see what work and what don't.

xTwoTails
Mar 23, 2015, 08:45 PM
From looking around Google a bit, all I could find was these solutions

-Press Scroll lock on keyboard or go in settings to disable "Direct Chat" (I know you did that already)
-Uninstall Story patch.
-Unplug any gamepad connected the the PC.

Also maybe you could try spamming every key of the keyboard to see what work and what don't.

1.- Already did that as you were able to tell

2.- Uninstalled Story Patch ( Failed attempt )
2a.- Unistalled All English Patch ( Failed Attempt )
2b.- Reinstalled EnglishPatches and Large Files ( Failed Attempt)

3.- Since the problem started to happen, I don't plug my XBOX360 controller.

@Rehal: I've already done that many times, but no luck.

thehondachef
Mar 24, 2015, 10:13 AM

First thing I thought was that you have a stuck button on your keyboard. Got any canned air?

Also wondering if this could be fixed by swapping config files with someone.

xTwoTails
Mar 24, 2015, 12:44 PM
First thing I thought was that you have a stuck button on your keyboard. Got any canned air?

Also wondering if this could be fixed by swapping config files with someone.

I've never tried swapping config files with someone else @w@
And no, if I got something stuck on my keyboard, I wouldn't even be able to type at all, and I use ALL the buttons on my keyboard.
Besides, the keys that I always use is WASD for my video games since I also play games on Steam. @w@

So no, dirty keyboard is not the reason and I also tend to clean my lappy with canned air every week to de-dust and take out the dirt~ X3

thehondachef
Mar 24, 2015, 04:03 PM
Silly question: Have you tried resetting all key bindings within the game? I had to do that a few times while I was screwing up, setting up my dualshock 4.

Shunx
Mar 24, 2015, 04:35 PM
Only thing that I haven't seen here is updating your drivers (Direct X, Nvidia)

I had to update Direct X to get my sound working again, and had to update Nvidia to fix an FPS issue I had(Brand new laptop from Lenovo, ran the game at 60 FPS before Win8 updated and had to update Nvidia to get that 60 FPS back)

Other than that, I can't really see anything other than attepting with an External Keyboard

xTwoTails
Mar 28, 2015, 12:53 AM
I always keep my drivers updated. I'm not one of those silly people that go around with drivers from the Windows2000 era... X3

@thehondachef: Yeah, that was the first thing I tried when my game wasn't working. I tried that with my XBOX controller and with my Keyboard.

@Shunx : I always have my drivers up to date. Nvidia always bugs me about updates and last time I updated DirectX was before I installed the game ( which was before the creation of this thread ).
Regarding the external keyboard. Yes, I have tried a keyboard that was laying around at home from my sister's All-In-One ( good god... Windows 8.1 ... ) but no dice here.

Note: I feel I may end up receiving a " GG Lipe , you can't play " lol

FacelessRed
Mar 28, 2015, 03:53 AM
Do you have a controller? and if so can you move with said controller plugged in?

xTwoTails
Mar 28, 2015, 12:50 PM
Do you have a controller? and if so can you move with said controller plugged in?

Yeah, I've already said that I have an XBOX360 controller and I play with that. The controller is wired and I play all my games with it)

sol_trigger
Mar 28, 2015, 11:37 PM
uninstall story patch

xTwoTails
Mar 29, 2015, 12:30 AM
uninstall story patch

I tried every uninstall combination there is... @w@
No luck

kurokyosuke
Mar 29, 2015, 04:03 AM
Do you have any friends you can trust with your account info, or another computer to test PSO2 on? Try logging in from somewhere else and see if you still get the same problem. This is the most important step when it comes to troubleshooting an issue like this; you'll at least be able to narrow down the cause of it.

FacelessRed
Mar 29, 2015, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I've already said that I have an XBOX360 controller and I play with that. The controller is wired and I play all my games with it)

Sorry, it was a lot of responses and only skimmed. It really does sound like you have scroll lock activated ( I know this has been said ) But something is wrong which is force-activating your chat lock. You have to find the perpetrator of this and stop it. Either something resting on your desk, or something wrong with an innate function of your system (If I recall you said a laptop right?) There may be a function that is ALWAYS ON that you've never had an issue with before until now.

Korazenn
Mar 29, 2015, 06:50 AM
Do you have any friends you can trust with your account info, or another computer to test PSO2 on? Try logging in from somewhere else and see if you still get the same problem. This is the most important step when it comes to troubleshooting an issue like this; you'll at least be able to narrow down the cause of it.

Do not listen to the bolded part of the quote.

Never, and I mean, NEVER trade your account info with anyone or mention that as an option for somebody. Account sharing, and the act of doing so, is not even a topic of discussion you are allowed to bring up on these boards.

So please don't listen to that option, xTwoTails.

-----

Back on topic: Before going through the following method, you can try clicking the right-stick to go into Standard TPS Perspective mode and see if you can move with the left stick afterwards. If you do, switch back to normal view and see if it continues to work.

Go into your Options and ensure that you have everything binded to the right controls for your Gamepad in order for your character to move. There are two separate menus for these: one for the zoomed out view, another for zoomed in, which is known as Standard TPS Perspective. Rebind all of your buttons or sticks that don't work.

Press Scroll Lock or even see if there is something that could be causing that to be 'on' because it needs to be off. I know it's something mentioned previously, but Scroll Lock is more than likely the cause of this.

I'm literally just throwing you a bone with all of that, though.

PSO2 can be finnicky with its UI at rare times, though it never personally happened to me when I logged out and logged back in again that my keyboard or gamepad didn't start working again. Sometimes, you just have to randomly press a bunch of buttons on your keyboard and hope it gets you out of being locked up when nothing else works. Other times, you may have to relog. You haven't really stated whether the former was something you tried to do yet. :P

I can say for sure that people who continuously pin the blame on the English Patches need to understand how Tweaker works once again, so here's a quote from the very first post on the Tweaker thread by AIDA:

- Install PSO2 without needing any other programs
- RESUME failed patch jobs (disconnected, crash, etc) without rechecking all the files
- Uninstall patches in minutes, rather then doing a 2-hour file check to fix compatibility issues.
- Supports the Item Translation patch!
- Change "Hidden" PSO2 Settings - Like making the Interface completely invisible all the time!
- Diagnose Connection Errors and see if you have issues connecting
- Modify PSO2 Settings (graphics, shaders, etc)
- Automatically download and apply updates after updating PSO2
- Automatically check for (and install!) updates to the EN patch/Large Files/story patch/JP names/JP Trials/PSO2 itself!
- Update PSO2 faster then SEGA's official launcher
- Supports creating (and restoring) a backup for said patches, in case they don't work correctly/you wish to remove them without patching
- Support for installing (and removing via backup) the new Russian PSO2 patch!
- Automatic (optional) updates, including changelog
- Extremely customizable GUI
- Ability to check for missing files and download them if necessary, instead of spending 30 minutes to find 1 file you're missing.
- Fix known GameGuard issues
- If the program encounters an error, it will offer to upload the log for you so you can just copy/paste the URL here for much easier troubleshooting
- Ability to remove/restore the in-game censor (CLIENT SIDE)
- Ability to disable/re-enable the playback of the opening videos
- Launch PSO2 directly instead of through the JP launcher, saving time and resources

In no way does the English Patches prevent you from moving, of all things. I mean...seriously?

thehondachef
Mar 29, 2015, 07:36 AM
Sorry, it was a lot of responses and only skimmed. It really does sound like you have scroll lock activated ( I know this has been said ) But something is wrong which is force-activating your chat lock. You have to find the perpetrator of this and stop it. Either something resting on your desk, or something wrong with an innate function of your system (If I recall you said a laptop right?) There may be a function that is ALWAYS ON that you've never had an issue with before until now.

I was thinking that, since I looked up what your (OP's) laptop's keyboard looks like, you'd have to hold Fn and press Insert to actually toggle Scroll Lock. I assumed you knew that when I looked before, but I'm just throwing that out there.

xTwoTails
Mar 30, 2015, 02:07 AM
@ Korazenn : No wories, I wasn't planning on doing that. I've been a forumer and been on the internet for many years to know this~ X3

Also, I tried the English patch thing because... why not. But yeah, I thought that the EN patch didn't had to be removed at all since it's just translating everything.

So I followed your advice, but sadly, I am still unable to move at all. Which... makes me a sad fox >:

@thehondachef: Yeah, I knew that already. >w<

Korazenn
Mar 30, 2015, 02:18 AM
@ Korazenn : No wories, I wasn't planning on doing that. I've been a forumer and been on the internet for many years to know this~ X3

Haha! Very glad to hear that. xD

Also, I tried the English patch thing because... why not. But yeah, I thought that the EN patch didn't had to be removed at all since it's just translating everything.

You'd be right in that. Tweaker doesn't affect the game in any way. It just translates the Japanese characters into English text. It functions even better than the actual game client itself because it is able to run a ton of different types of troubleshooting options related to the game that you can't do with the game's launcher whatsoever and it includes, on top of that, all of the same functionality the vanilla JP launcher has as well. Everything applied through Tweaker in terms of patches are just related to changing JP text to EN :)

So I followed your advice, but sadly, I am still unable to move at all. Which... makes me a sad fox >:

Aww! o(>.<)o

Something else you can do is try to go through some of the Troubleshooting options available through PSO2 Tweaker. The one I would most recommend would be to open up Tweaker and open its Orb Menu and go to Troubleshooting > Analyze Install for Issues. You can try mapping your character's movement to a different key or control stick to see if that does the trick, too.

Rain Walker
Mar 31, 2015, 01:37 AM

@thehondachef: Yeah, I knew that already. >w<

How about making a dummy account then? ^^;

Usually it happens when you are having a cut-in scene showing what to do next after starting the game with a fresh account but it's too laggy to properly load your char, items blah blah so it just hangs there. Or malfunction input devices