PDA

View Full Version : Are you guys ready ?

Poyonche
Mar 24, 2015, 01:57 PM
Are you guys ready ? It looks like [Magatsu] is waiting for us, your objective will be to eliminate it ASAP. Please do your best.

The one you used to fight was just a portion of its true power, though you are using the A.I.S, you have to be careful like you've never been... So show it, show it what ARKS are.

Er, I mean, what are you waiting of Magatsu EQ ? Better drop rates on release than the first one ? An amazing, epic EQ, even more than TD3 and [Loser] ? Or maybe you just want that new story quest with Apprentice-chan ?

I'll miss the beginning of that EQ, thanks to my dead PC battery that is arriving Friday. :(

Édit : oh and I made that speech just for fun. :wacko:

Glad that Brigitta got the EQ instead of Melitta.

Edson Drake
Mar 24, 2015, 02:08 PM
Are you guys ready?

YES!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i59.tinypic.com/fp426q.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

mctastee
Mar 24, 2015, 03:25 PM
This is gonna be an interesting eq. I hope we get it 3 times in a row after maintenance.

Shunx
Mar 24, 2015, 03:42 PM
I would if I were actually able to get 4+ decent runs of Magatsu without an issue.

Xaelouse
Mar 24, 2015, 04:57 PM
I thought it would be fun until I heard you respawn in AIS 5 seconds after death
So uh I'll just ignore it to play Bloodborne

Punisher106
Mar 24, 2015, 05:11 PM
Let's hope I'll get my goddamned S&Y, this time around.

Terrence
Mar 24, 2015, 05:49 PM
I thought it would be fun until I heard you respawn in AIS 5 seconds after death
And... ?! You already know for sure it's a bad thing which ruins the quest and all the fun because you have already played this EQ in secret inside SEGA's premises dozens of times ? Or you're just saying bullshit without knowing anything at all just to make you interesting ? We don't know the structure of that EQ yet. Maybe reviving will be a game mechanism and the key of success in that quest. So, wait before bellowing.

Maenara
Mar 24, 2015, 05:57 PM
And... ?! You already know for sure it's a bad thing which ruins the quest and all the fun because you have already played this EQ in secret inside SEGA's premises dozens of times ? Or you're just saying bullshit without knowing anything at all just to make you interesting ? We don't know the structure of that EQ yet. Maybe reviving will be a game mechanism and the key of success in that quest. So, wait before bellowing.

Even Sega, themselves, said this would be a very easy quest. And that means something coming from the people who can't design challenging content to save their lives, outside of C-mode which rewards you regardless of how good you do.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 24, 2015, 06:02 PM

Uh, we do know most of the stuff about the EQ already, including that respawn thing. About the only things we don't know are how the time limit functions and the full differences between each Magatsu. Sega already even said in an interview that the EQ is expected to be easy precisely because of the minor penalty for dying. And easy = boring = not fun. Maybe you should do some research and follow a little logic before going into your usual ignorant white knight routine.

Mattykins
Mar 24, 2015, 07:48 PM

Man, you really need to get laid...

Nyansan
Mar 24, 2015, 09:36 PM
Magatsu Sai hype train *A*
Do you think both Maggys drop the new 12* or just Gold Maggy, cuz that new katana looks sexy as heck (hopefully the potential isnt as bad as Yamigarasu's)

Maenara
Mar 24, 2015, 09:47 PM
I fail to see how TAJAB is a bad potential.

Nyansan
Mar 24, 2015, 10:01 PM
It isnt bad as a potential all in all, but on a katana where you'd mostly be spamming kanrans and sakura as your main damage source it's not really that good. There are a lot of 11* with better potential and their requirements arent as gimicky as Yamis.

Plus, with the exception of tsukimi-gekka-tsukimi, katana PAs are kinda wonky in general to chain together unlike DBs and Twin Dagger.

Rakurai
Mar 24, 2015, 10:05 PM
I'm fully expecting people to somehow fail the EQ despite the claims of it being easy.

Mattykins
Mar 24, 2015, 10:08 PM
I'm fully expecting people to somehow fail the EQ despite the claims of it being easy.

I imagine it'll be a bell-curve. Lots of failures early as people try to sniff out the most optimal strategies, then once it's been dissected, it'll be a breeze until the good players get bored of it, at which point it'll be a failfest, again.

I dunno how much AIS relies on player stats, tho, so iunno if it'll be a matter of gear or not, tho

ArcaneTechs
Mar 24, 2015, 11:07 PM
I'm ready to fail a "meant to be easy" EQ thanks to garbage players. Prepare for rants from random people cuz no one kno hw 2 AS

Maenara
Mar 24, 2015, 11:18 PM
I dunno how much AIS relies on player stats, tho, so iunno if it'll be a matter of gear or not, tho

None of it relies on player stats.

Xed
Mar 25, 2015, 02:26 AM
Carebear PvE having trouble with mobs using IAS is not expected. In this game they got even word effective. It means they got already trouble dealing a single mob. Therefore PvP would be way to overwhelmed.

AsuravonD
Mar 25, 2015, 05:01 AM
What exactly are the potentials for all of the proxyene 12*(as in what is TAJA)? I'm assuming lillipa UQ will have a dark weakness as well with the ultimate buster ability.

Achelousaurus
Mar 25, 2015, 05:47 AM
I don't get this bashing tbh.
When was the last time something you were hyped for was even remotely as good as you thought it would be aside from maybe cmode?
When was the last time any new content was truly challenging after 2 weeks, aside from maybe cmode?

Magatsu seemed so very tough, people failed left and right.
A week later people knew how to do him with reliable success. A week after that people know what to do for good results.
2 weeks later and people needed 2 minutes and less to kill him.

TD3 was only ever hard the first week and then cause of pugs.

There is no almost real challenge in the game, the sole point is going fast and getting many runs for as many rewards as possible.

I don't see how an easy quest with autorevive after 5 seconds is that much different, it would never become a true challenge in the first place.
And even if Magatsu's 1st phase or TD3 could possibly fail, the only reasons are exceptionally bad pugs or exceptional bad lag.
And no one wants that.

So basically what this quest does is just minimize the chance for pugs to fuck up your runs.

And I am pretyt sure dying will make it harder to get more runs, probably similar to cmode.
Even if it's just cause you waste 5 seconds doing nothing so often and judging from the videos where Magatsu can deal over half an AIS' Hp in one hit, it looks like you could die really often.

In short, barely different from what we got before.

Rakurai
Mar 25, 2015, 06:41 AM
Only managed to barely kill two Magatsu before time ran out.

A lot of people were too dense to pick up on the fact that the second Magatsu has a stupid amount of ranged resist, so I imagine we could've killed the third otherwise. There isn't really any reason not to be going at it with melee almost constantly to begin with, either, especially when you've got 12 AoE heals to go around.

Poyonche
Mar 25, 2015, 06:48 AM
Meh so no new announcement :(

Meteor Weapon
Mar 25, 2015, 06:58 AM
Tbh, despite only 2 Magatsu kills, i wished the timer wasn't so short and Magatsu not dying so fast. I can't even feel the fun with chasing an extremely short time limit.

So yh, no fun, too rushed to even enjoy it. Huge disappointment. Sega fucked up big time for me here....even Loser/Elder was fun at the start.

Vatallus
Mar 25, 2015, 07:01 AM
Failed to kill the golden Magatsu. Had enough time to fire the photon cannon at it but one cannon isn't going to cut it. Lot of people trying to range the 2nd Magatsu. Some of us noticed the resistance and went in to melee his face... just to have him teleport all the way to the other side of map. >.> (Pretty sure that is due to lag)

Rakurai
Mar 25, 2015, 07:06 AM
Some of us noticed the resistance and went in to melee his face... just to have him teleport all the way to the other side of map. >.> (Pretty sure that is due to lag)

It's not lag. It can just teleport for the sake of making it harder for people to abuse its melee vulnerability.

It has a proper pose and everything for it, though you won't notice if you're up close.

Rehal
Mar 25, 2015, 07:52 AM
People in my mpa saved beam to use it on the 2nd magatsu :wacko:

emeraude
Mar 25, 2015, 08:09 AM
WB overwriting everywhere...

Azelyra
Mar 25, 2015, 08:21 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/gOWsg.jpg
http://puu.sh/gOWsy.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2015, 08:31 AM
WB overwriting everywhere...

Totally expected this.

Poyonche
Mar 25, 2015, 09:12 AM
In my bro's MPA, someone put a WB on a foot...

Fail Lock on lol

Scale of Judgment
Mar 25, 2015, 10:19 AM
It's seems interesting. It is different as we are focus solely on using AIS.
The Timer is definitely doable. Just need to not overwrite each others wb, try to use 2 photon cannons within a 6~ minute timer.
Also is it one run per account or per character like in Elder. cause that would probably force some of us to switch characters to get 2-3 2nd phase encounters.

Maenara
Mar 25, 2015, 11:33 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/gOWsg.jpg
http://puu.sh/gOWsy.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

gimme this unit

LonelyGaruga
Mar 25, 2015, 12:00 PM
What exactly are the potentials for all of the proxyene 12*(as in what is TAJA)? I'm assuming lillipa UQ will have a dark weakness as well with the ultimate buster ability.

The weapons have dark element because they're trade-ins using Magatsu pyroxenes (though Magatsu itself doesn't use dark element at all, logic being evil = dark). Trade-in weapons always have a thematic element, they're never functional.

Azelyra
Mar 25, 2015, 12:01 PM
gimme this unit

Non-Tradeable..

Poyonche
Mar 25, 2015, 12:24 PM
Non-Tradeable..

Don't break people dreams :'(