PDA

View Full Version : be warn fighting magatsu phase 2

oratank
Mar 25, 2015, 06:47 AM
we have very less time to fight 3 maggy. i didn't see how how much time in total. i think it about 8-10 min for this eq so don't shy to use photon cannon it has 2min cd you may only shoot it couple time so don't save it till the last blast it right now if you can

Vatallus
Mar 25, 2015, 06:53 AM
I think it was 5 minutes to kill 3 Magatsu. Totally do-able if people learn how to use the AIS photon cannon.... which isn't shooting him in the knees with it.

Meteor Weapon
Mar 25, 2015, 06:54 AM
EQ Magatsu phase 2, time limit too short. Not fun even on the first run.

Shinamori
Mar 25, 2015, 07:45 AM
lrn2Photon Cannon

Anyway, rip fire talis market.

Dugs
Mar 25, 2015, 07:48 AM
My MPA only JUST managed to beat Magatsu... 2? 3? Since it IS the third one you fight, with the first one of the second half being a kung-fu master or some sit.

Rakurai
Mar 25, 2015, 07:49 AM
Is it even worth using the photon cannon on the second Magatsu when it has what seems to be around 80% range resist?

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2015, 07:58 AM
Did it with some JP friends, ran out of time.
Gamepad users were saying it's difficult to lock-on or something.

Junk rares I got from gold Magatsu:
The golden launcher from Chrome.
Susano Guren and the equivalent bow.
The fire talis.
Attache twin guns.
Volcano Mace.
Tons of those formerly awesome 10 star units.

A friend got what seemed like one of the new exchangeable 12 stars.

oratank
Mar 25, 2015, 08:00 AM
if we have time to shoot 3 photon cannon i think it worth but i still have no idea how much time limit of this eq

Terrence
Mar 25, 2015, 08:01 AM
I think it was 5 minutes to kill 3 Magatsu. Totally do-able if people learn how to use the AIS photon cannon....
Condescension... This EQ has been available for only 3 HOURS. Maybe you can let a little more time to people not as magnificent/marvelous/wonderful as His Majesty in order to master all the fine details of this new Magatsu, don't you think ?

elryan
Mar 25, 2015, 08:01 AM
SEGA should've let us kill 2nd phase at full 30 minutes instead of limited to 5 minutes.

doomdragon83
Mar 25, 2015, 08:20 AM
if we have time to shoot 3 photon cannon i think it worth but i still have no idea how much time limit of this eq
photon cannon has a 2 minute cooldown, it's possible in a 5 minute time limit.

wefwq
Mar 25, 2015, 08:56 AM
You can shoot it twice a run, and IIRC if your AIS got wrecked all cooldown will be reset to 0 instantly.

Rehal
Mar 25, 2015, 08:59 AM
IIRC if your AIS got wrecked all cooldown will be reset to 0 instantly.
no cooldown reset here

Mysterious-G
Mar 25, 2015, 09:08 AM
Condescension... This EQ has been available for only 3 HOURS. Maybe you can let a little more time to people not as magnificent/marvelous/wonderful as His Majesty in order to master all the fine details of this new Magatsu, don't you think ?

Firstly, adressing people in odd ways will only make you come off as a douche. You make a good point one can stand by and it's sad to see you ruin it with a snarky remark.

But either way, I object. We've had TD3 available for a while now, so the inadequacy at which people make use of their robots is kind of underwhelming to be honest. Of course it will only get better from now on, but people need to realize that using weak bullets without lock-on is not only a waste, but actually counter-productive to the run. So if they can't do as much, they shouldn't feel inclined to use the skill at all.
Well, fingers crossed.

GHNeko
Mar 25, 2015, 09:23 AM
This thing is a nightmare for gamepad users. Locking on is a challenge in itself.

Mysterious-G
Mar 25, 2015, 09:25 AM
This thing is a nightmare for gamepad users. Locking on is a challenge in itself.

It's stupidly difficult from afar, which is why I recommend to get up close with the sole purpose to lock on to the desired spot. Didn't fail me once.

JaysonL
Mar 25, 2015, 10:37 AM

Playing with a gamepad has always been a handicap for PSO2. I see nothing new here. It will just be something we need to get use to or switch to keyboard and mouse.

Sacrificial
Mar 25, 2015, 11:22 AM
I feel melee is the way to go for the 2nd form. spam hyperjump , stand on him in a way thats physically impossible and slash the head like no tomorrow.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 25, 2015, 11:51 AM

Contrary to what you might believe, learning how to use an A.I.S. is pretty easy, given it's been around since TD3. But thanks for informing us of how inept you are to believe otherwise.

Kondibon
Mar 25, 2015, 12:25 PM
Condescension... This EQ has been available for only 3 HOURS. Maybe you can let a little more time to people not as magnificent/marvelous/wonderful as His Majesty in order to master all the fine details of this new Magatsu, don't you think ?I think you need to calm down, there are nicer ways to try and make your points, and acting that way isn't going to help anyone respect your opinion.

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2015, 12:45 PM
Melee is necessary for the second one because it's resistant to ranged.
Except when you try to melee, your AIS moves forward and goes through Magatsu constantly.
Huge pain up the ass.

The whole thing might be better if Magatsu was 2x-3x bigger.
Then it wouldn't be so difficult to hit his weak points without flying through him.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 25, 2015, 12:54 PM
I think you need to calm down, there are nicer ways to try and make your points, and acting that way isn't going to help anyone respect your opinion.

It is terrance though; the single most toxic poster on this forum. Hardly surprising.

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2015, 12:56 PM
I thought Schnee and Big Olaf were up there on being toxic.
Too many to keep track of.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 25, 2015, 01:09 PM

Schnee's engrish, and his comically one-dimensional beef with the community (never passing up the chance to use some example to state gaijin inferiority) is kinda funny when you see the pattern. I'm starting to respond to him with memes like this (http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/oh-you-show.jpg) when he does.

Olaf doesn't do anything, or at least not consistent enough outside of being phashionable to even register.

Terrance at worst is just a sickening example of white knights on the internet, and clearly loves SEGA more than PSO2.

pkemr4
Mar 25, 2015, 03:46 PM

how is Olaf toxic? ive only seen schnee and terrance pick fights and cause trouble

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2015, 05:10 PM

This is rich, coming from you.

As much as it makes my stomach turn, I actually agree with Terrence this time. While we've had the AIS for nearly a year now, aerial combat has never been necessary in TD3. It's unsurprising that people would be clumsy at it their first go at an encounter where they have to manage altitude and melee attacks.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 25, 2015, 05:14 PM
Taiga writes guides. What do you do?

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2015, 05:28 PM
He's been better recently, but someone with Taiga's posting history should really hold their tongue calling out toxicity.

The other half of your post is irrelevant.

Sayara
Mar 25, 2015, 05:41 PM
Keep yer fingers down shoutin this name is a bully,
no uh! this ones a big butthead.

its not cool, keep it classy gentlemen.
As for you, calm the jets before you launch. It could make you a more respectable airline.

Sizustar
Mar 25, 2015, 05:55 PM
Keep yer fingers down shoutin this name is a bully,
no uh! this ones a big butthead.

its not cool, keep it classy gentlemen.
As for you, calm the jets before you launch. It could make you a more respectable airline.

Airline?

TaigaUC
Mar 25, 2015, 06:00 PM
Maybe I got the name wrong, but I'm pretty sure Big Olaf was one of the people who rudely and directly attacks people with insults.
I only mentioned his name because I recalled seeing other people complain about him as well. Same with Schnee.
If it was just me that had a problem with him, I wouldn't have said anything.
To prove this, there was one specific person who came to mind that I wanted to name, but did not.

If I named Big Olaf by mistake and he is actually innocent, then I apologize. As I said, it's difficult to keep track because there are so many.
Note that I've apologized many times before, and tried to reason with people instead of abusing them.
Maybe that's toxic where you live. I can't do anything about that.
I've even praised the people on here multiple times before, and some of those same people turned on me. That's not "toxic"?

I don't think there's anything toxic about my posting history.
I'm not perfect at expressing myself, I make mistakes. And I'm sure that what I've said can be easily misinterpreted.
I don't go around looking for enemies. I don't attack other people unless they attack me first. Even then, I only snap back at them.
If I have said anything inflammatory, I've made it clear that it's not my intention to upset people.
I'm merely expressing my personal frustrations, which I usually also try to explain reasonably.

Is that such a problem? I don't have a problem with other people expressing their frustrations.
I don't abuse or mock them like so many on here do.
The only times I've ever said anything directly offensive at anyone on here is when they've attacked me first. And even in those cases, I still hold back greatly.

Tl;dr: I don't think the act of expressing reasonable frustration, and even apologizing, is comparably toxic to rudely, directly abusing others for simply disagreeing.

Me:
I get frustrated about people being assholes or playing absolutely terribly, I come here and whine about it generally. I don't abuse anyone directly.
I also write guides in the hopes that, you know, they might stop being so terrible. I've written tons of helpful replies to random posts, as well.
So, I'm at least doing something positive about it, other than just complaining.
That might be irrelevant to you. Sure, I could write guides without complaining. But like I said, I don't mind other people complaining.
Sometimes, PEOPLE NEED TO VENT. You also can't address a problem by ignoring it. Complaining is the first step.
The problem is there are too many people nowadays who make ridiculous complaints that end up wasting everyone's time. I don't do that.

Lots of people on PSO-World:
They wait for someone to write a post, then they write smartass remarks to belittle them, flat-out disagreeing without reasonable explanation, and then abuse and mock them.
How does this help anybody? It doesn't. Maybe it makes similar assholes feel good about themselves, but it does nothing to improve our overall situation.
In fact, such behavior DRIVES PEOPLE AWAY FROM THESE FORUMS. Who wants to ask questions when they know they're going to get abused?

Now, which is more "toxic"?

Sure, I could just not post here at all. Which is why I take long breaks from time to time.
But it's not like I'm forcing anyone to read my posts or insulting anyone directly.
My frustration posts are rarely direct replies to anyone, if ever.

Even if I complain about Western people being assholes, I've also said many times that many of the players on here seem very strong.
It may look like I'm generalizing, but I know more than anyone that it all comes down to each unique individual.
I don't assume all Western people are shit, because I know they aren't all shit. I don't treat them that way either.
For the record, PSO2 isn't the only game I've played. I have decades of experience playing online games with people from all sorts of countries.
Not to mention dealing with the people around me. When I complain about Westerners, I'm taking all of these experiences into consideration.
I didn't simply decide to hate people. I don't enjoy throwing meaningless hate around.

Besides, toxicity is also relevant to the environment.
If you have a bunch of people like the ones on here who are literally looking for trouble, anything you say can be "toxic".
What does a person need to be to not meet your definition of "toxic"? Not say anything at all? Agree with you on everything? Not post on PSO-World?

If you're going to get offended at anyone, get offended at the people who make everyone else look shit.
Attacking people who voice frustrations and concerns isn't going to make those people get better, it'll just make their egos even bigger.
They know they don't need to improve because people like you are going to keep defending them.

And that's all I'm going to say. If you don't want to listen, then there's no point trying to reason with you because you've already made your decision.

One final thing, I should apologize for naming those two specifically. I've barely slept and was merely going by memory without thinking.
I didn't mean to start conflict. So, I'm sorry if it was taken that way.

Xaeris
Mar 25, 2015, 06:22 PM
Mommy Sayara's already told us to knock it off, so all I have left to say to you is that everyone else judges themselves by their intentions too.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 25, 2015, 06:38 PM
Mommy Sayara

That's adorable. (Aren't I? )

pkemr4
Mar 25, 2015, 07:12 PM
Mommy Sayara's

Top Lel

Sayara
Mar 25, 2015, 07:28 PM
Momma says since we've reached a plateau here. and I don't see any resolve in miles.
So take your toy robots and your giant GI joe and go play over there.

There is a Magatsu thread in the Playerguide forum, right below the general one. I imagine people will be updating that info for this new Magatsu thing.

Til then
MOMMA OUT.