PDA

View Full Version : Game Keeps Crashing

ashleebabee2308
Mar 26, 2015, 03:24 PM
Hey, guys, so somewhere in the last two years (I don't remember when honestly) I tried to install this game on my fiance's laptop. He has a Lenovo and it's several years old by now, but it can't be more than a year older than my old laptop and the game works perfectly fine on my laptop (albeit, with the graphics set at just about the lowest settings but it still works) so I don't think it's age is the problem. I did install it back when you still had to install it using the actual PSO2 installer and not Tweaker, so the game was manually installed onto the laptop and then Tweaker was added onto it. Well, when I first installed it, I never got around to using Tweaker on it because the game wouldn't work. You could load up the game just fine and play it, but about 10-20 minutes after startng the game it would crash. The game would freeze, go black, and the error thing "blah blah has stopped working..." would pop up. I didn't know all the little tricks and things I do now so I had no idea how to fix it back then so I left it and we found other ways to play. But the yesterday I decided to play with it again and see if I could make it work. The game was still installed, so I decided not to reinstall it because I didn't feel like waiting 6 hours for it to install. I installed Tweaker and updated the game. Although while it was updating it apparently found a ton of files that were missing and downloaded them while it was updating, which I thought was weird because it's never done that before for me, but it's possible he was missing files to actually update because of how long ago it was installed. I ran the missing files and the deleted files checks and both did their thing, although I'm going to have him run another round of them later in cased they missed something. But the game is still crashing, even though it should be completely intact now.

Basically, tl;dr, the game keeps crashing after 10-20 minutes of playing on my fiance's kind of old laptop (but like I said, my own laptop is several years old and it plays fine with crappy graphics) and we've done everything I can think of to fix it, but it won't work. Is there a solution that I'm missing? Or should I just bite the bullet and do a fresh install through Tweaker?

kuromechan
Mar 26, 2015, 03:44 PM
have you tried checking if some files were missing through tweaker, uninstall patches and reinstall them and try launching the game without the tweaker