PDA

View Full Version : New Equipment discussion thread

LordKaiser
Mar 27, 2015, 03:30 PM
I created this thread to talk about new equipment released as many times I'm unsure about the new potentials and the effectiveness of certain weapons and units against each other etc.

I want to talk about Mega Magatsu back Unit and those Pyroxene 12* weapons that because google translate them in funny ways I'll simply call them Waza for now. Well I can't understand the translation that google gives to their potential at all..

So how this unit compares to the Saiki set?

Also how good are these Pyroxene weapons? Are they worth getting?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 27, 2015, 03:45 PM
They drain 5% of max health every 20 seconds for 15% more damage, and 10% extra PP regen from what google translate is trying to say.

The weapons are a two set with the unit for 80 to each attack.

Maenara
Mar 27, 2015, 03:48 PM
They drain 5% of max health every 20 seconds for 15% more damage, and 10% extra PP regen from what google translate is trying to say.

The weapons are a two set with the unit for 80 to each attack.

The set effect also gives 7 PP.

wahahaha
Mar 27, 2015, 04:00 PM
Full set gives +80 attack + 7 pp ; combine it with uranus set for +120 attack + 17 pp
Each piece stats
Rear 100 hp + 5 pp 6% Strike ranged res (9% dark resistance)
Arm & Legs 40 hp + 3 pp + 3% strike ranged res (x% blizzard resistance)

So in the end it has 180 hp , 28 pp , 12% strike / ranged , 9% dork + x% blizzard

LordKaiser
Mar 27, 2015, 04:29 PM
So in the end it's better than Saiki with those weapon and that's cool. Now the potential of those weapons sounds so risky...

The Katana for example has the same base attack as Orochi Agito but this Waza Katana get the set bonus and a additional 15% damage as a risk and Orochi has it's safe Black Heart potential.

Sandmind
Mar 27, 2015, 05:15 PM
Full set gives +80 attack + 7 pp ; combine it with uranus set for +120 attack + 17 pp
Each piece stats

So in the end it has 180 hp , 28 pp , 12% strike / ranged , 9% dork + x% blizzard

Oh? Sega fixed equipping two full set at once now? It used to not work in the past.

Bellion
Mar 27, 2015, 05:19 PM
One set bonus cancels another one out, no? Unless they patched that.
The Katana has synergy with LB+Half/Deadline Slayer Fi/Br. It is plain out the best Katana with that type of Fi.
Br main still has Combat Escape if you're worried about dying.

wahahaha
Mar 27, 2015, 05:27 PM
One set bonus cancels another one out, no? Unless they patched that.
The Katana has synergy with LB+Half/Deadline Slayer Fi/Br. It is plain out the best Katana with that type of Fi.
Br main still has Combat Escape if you're worried about dying.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/vpPafpB.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Now is the time to put aside that weak saiki set and join magatsu in remaking our sets.

Bellion
Mar 27, 2015, 05:48 PM
Oh, that's great. Not replacing anything though since I'm never going to use specific weapons for those 1 unit + 1 weapon sets.

LonelyGaruga
Mar 27, 2015, 05:51 PM

I had been thinking about that (along with the WLs since they too are Fighter equip), but it just occurred to me now that, unless the 5% HP loss cannot kill you or adjusts the 5% based off your Limit Break'd HP, wouldn't you die in the middle of it?

nathanielzor
Mar 27, 2015, 06:10 PM
Think I'll stick to superior PP crafted Saiki units and Ares Weapons. yawn

RadiantLegend
Mar 27, 2015, 06:18 PM
Pictures of both sets? I'm somehow still confused on which part goes with what.

Bellion
Mar 27, 2015, 06:18 PM
I had been thinking about that (along with the WLs since they too are Fighter equip), but it just occurred to me now that, unless the 5% HP loss cannot kill you or adjusts the 5% based off your Limit Break'd HP, wouldn't you die in the middle of it?

It works like fire/poison where it cannot do any more damage to you at 1 hp.

wahahaha
Mar 27, 2015, 06:24 PM
Pictures of both sets? I'm somehow still confused on which part goes with what.

Fegali set + Zesh set
The combo we are talking about is the new rear from magatsu + uranus set + magatsu weapons

LonelyGaruga
Mar 27, 2015, 06:33 PM
It works like fire/poison where it cannot do any more damage to you at 1 hp.

Ah, so the damage penalty is basically meaningless. OK then.

Hm. Magatsuhi + PP crafted Uranus = +120 ATK, +42 PP, versus PP crafted Saiki being +60 ATK and +55 PP. That seems like an upgrade to me. Goes to +40 ATK and +35 PP when not using an Evil weapon though, which is pretty meh.

Maenara
Mar 27, 2015, 07:02 PM
Each piece stats

The Magatsu unit gives +6% to strike, AND tech and range resist.

Perfect Chaos
Mar 27, 2015, 07:12 PM
It works like fire/poison where it cannot do any more damage to you at 1 hp.Didn't they change it at some point in the last few months so that it can kill you? I remember dying to poison at one point?

Ordy
Mar 27, 2015, 07:27 PM
No thanks, you have to use the weapon to get the set bonus? Lol, fuck that. I'll stick to my 90ATK tian and Ares/Ideal.

BobbyTheBloody
Mar 30, 2015, 01:02 PM
^ This right here, i agree with this =D

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 30, 2015, 04:18 PM
I think the katana would be fucking awesome for fi/br but um.......yeah fuck that armor set

TaigaUC
Mar 31, 2015, 03:56 AM
The Wired Lances dropped from Sai for me yesterday.
They have this irritating sound effect that sounds kinda like a robot dryhumping an elevator shaft in a vacuum.

Perfect Chaos
Mar 31, 2015, 04:05 AM
LOL That's a very precise description you came up with.

Searaphim
Mar 31, 2015, 06:13 AM
Sticking to my saiki, not interested in being forced to use a specific weapon.

GHNeko
Mar 31, 2015, 12:17 PM
It just so happens that I'm playing FI/BR atm.

So this katana is just what the doctor ordered.

Wont replace my Ideal series JB tho.

The TMGs are also nice however.

Superia
Apr 2, 2015, 12:26 AM
The TMGs are also nice however.

I think I like the look of them, but Perfect Keeper and possibly High Time would become a pain to maintain with them.

Rakurai
Apr 2, 2015, 01:47 AM
The jet boots seem good.

Latent is just as strong as the one on the Quna JBs, and the HP loss is a non-issue for tech users.

milranduil
Apr 2, 2015, 02:21 AM
The Wired Lances dropped from Sai for me yesterday.
They have this irritating sound effect that sounds kinda like a robot dryhumping an elevator shaft in a vacuum.

I'm going to assume you mean a vacuum cleaner because sound doesn't propagate in a physical vacuum . -. (something with no pressure).

TaigaUC
Apr 2, 2015, 02:44 AM
@adios
Yeah, something like that.
My immediate impression was that it doesn't suit the weapon.
The second was that it's unnecessarily obnoxious.

Drop rate for the new rear sure is rare. Haven't seen it drop yet.

Qualia
Apr 2, 2015, 02:48 AM
Is it worth unlocking the potential of the new weapons to just level one? According to the Swiki, level one only has a 3% damage boost. I'd assume since the damage taken over time stays the same no matter what pot level it is, I should wait 'til I get a good amount of meseta and just grind it to +40 all in one go?

ugh

wefwq
Apr 2, 2015, 03:27 AM
Is it worth unlocking the potential of the new weapons to just level one? According to the Swiki, level one only has a 3% damage boost. I'd assume since the damage taken over time stays the same no matter what pot level it is, I should wait 'til I get a good amount of meseta and just grind it to +40 all in one go?

ugh
Leveling it up until just level 1 are felt kind of waste, and damage bonus are small compared to level 3.
Yes, HP decrease stay the same at every level so that means same penalty for a bigger bonus on higher level.

Qualia
Apr 2, 2015, 03:47 AM
Leveling it up until just level 1 are felt kind of waste, and damage bonus are small compared to level 3.
Yes, HP decrease stay the same at every level so that means same penalty for a bigger bonus on higher level.

Went with it anyway, and it cost me 700k and 40 excubes to get it from +10 to +20. Not bad, but definitely not great. Now to do that two more times. ;_;

Keilyn
Apr 2, 2015, 03:50 AM
Aren't the magatsu weapons like weak percentages? or am I thinking of something different? I check those shops and they were dark element 10%. So wouldnt I have to grind to raise them to 50% or is it my imagination?

I spent time playing some of the XHEQs solo on Nab and Floating Continent to really see where I stand as a player and since those days in testing, I have been focusing a lot more on building for XH and ignoring SH. The 60% element on 13* weapons really offset the extra defense that enemies in XH have.

The result is actually feeling like a 60% 13* weapon in XH is the equivalent of a 50% 12* or less on SH.

Also I agree on SAIKI. Saiki is versatile and I actually like the Dex Bonus as I craft a lot of Race Slaying Weapons (waiting on 12* crafting due to crafted weapons raised to the level of 12 star weapons) and I rather stick to a 20% bonus vs a race and its boss on anything I do, rather than losing health for a 15% bonus and a recovery bonus....

milranduil
Apr 2, 2015, 04:10 AM
Went with it anyway, and it cost me 700k and 40 excubes to get it from +10 to +20. Not bad, but definitely not great. Now to do that two more times. ;_;

Wait wait wait wait... 700k to +10 a 12*?
[spoiler-box]
http://m.memegen.com/952b3a.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

LonelyGaruga
Apr 2, 2015, 12:29 PM
Aren't the magatsu weapons like weak percentages? or am I thinking of something different? I check those shops and they were dark element 10%. So wouldnt I have to grind to raise them to 50% or is it my imagination?

I spent time playing some of the XHEQs solo on Nab and Floating Continent to really see where I stand as a player and since those days in testing, I have been focusing a lot more on building for XH and ignoring SH. The 60% element on 13* weapons really offset the extra defense that enemies in XH have.

Evil weapons drop from the second phase Magatsu EQ as well. Trade-in isn't the only source.

Enemy DEF only increases an average of 48 from level 70 to level 80. They don't gain that much.

LordKaiser
Apr 2, 2015, 03:58 PM
The Waza weapons and the new unit may only drop from the golden Magatsu if you run out of time then only standard Magatsu drops can be gotten... But I'm not certain.

wahahaha
Apr 2, 2015, 04:35 PM
As for FI / BR now you'd want crafted critical katana anyway since its dirt cheap vs grinding 12*

LordKaiser
Apr 23, 2015, 01:20 AM
I resurected the thread for obvious reasons. Also my pc broke just before maintenance. Anyway that 12* blue katana
what's the potential? Also are the new souls any good?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 23, 2015, 01:28 AM
There is no 12* katana in this update. Do you mean Skia Blade? It's a double saber. Ancient Oath, 1000 T-ATK, Fo/Bo equip, innate Acro Effect.

Leone Soul: S-ATK+35, HP+20, PP+1, DEX+5
Leopard Soul: R-ATK+35, HP+30, DEX+5
Granz Soul: T-ATK+35, PP+3, DEX+5
Sinow Soul: S-ATK+5, HP+25, PP+2, DEX+30

LordKaiser
Apr 23, 2015, 08:59 AM
Ah so it was a a d saber.. Yeah it looked a bit like katana.. so the only new katana is the 13* slave..

Lostbob117
Apr 23, 2015, 10:13 AM
So the new potentials on the new 13*s

200/250/300 godbless

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B9%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B4%E3% 82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%AA%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC