PDA

View Full Version : Playerkilling tactics?

Pirrip
Mar 29, 2015, 02:40 PM
I understand this is not a PvP kind of game, but do any player killing tactics exist in this game?

I can really only think of waiting for a player to be in a precarious position(low on health/getting grabbed by a gwanada or something), and throwing a talis out to cast a territory boosted zondeel--to try to surround the player with mob monsters.

inb4 "omg! why would you even want to do that?!" just theorycrafting here, go suck a fun-dip.

AlphaBlob
Mar 29, 2015, 02:46 PM
You can burn them if they're AFK in volcano.

Sandmind
Mar 29, 2015, 03:04 PM
You can burn them if they're AFK in volcano.

Technically speaking, if someone is afk, they can be killed in any field by luring a mob to them and position yourself so they are between you and the nab rappy.

Z-0
Mar 29, 2015, 03:14 PM
trista sestina's video is probably the best example of player killing.
serious players are the funniest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfWpRK16CiQ
also don't forget leading gel wulfs into the turret in challenge mode (or any destruction code I guess, but challenge is the easiest place to do it)

Xaeris
Mar 29, 2015, 03:23 PM
Once upon a time, your attacks could hit other players while you were afflicted with Panic, but Sega took that out. They got no chill.

Scale of Judgment
Mar 29, 2015, 04:03 PM
Free Tunnel MPA of yore. Where people steer clear of the barrels...
Have trap vision, lead them into the traps
Kill bosses in Lava or spikes
Lead sparylzes to the range group clumping for shifta/deband/zanverse buffs
Lead any locked on missiles, beam, deluge, or attack to unsuspecting players
Photon Blast buff as a cast (Ooops, wrong game)

Drifting Fable
Mar 29, 2015, 05:13 PM
Once upon a time, your attacks could hit other players while you were afflicted with Panic, but Sega took that out. They got no chill.

And now imagining a panicked braver Kanraning an MPA to death. :roll:

Rakurai
Mar 29, 2015, 05:21 PM
It's unfortunate that getting AFKers killed doesn't prevent them from getting loot in the TD quests.

They need to have a minimum point requirement for receiving drops at the end of the quest or something like that.

Sacrificial
Mar 29, 2015, 05:49 PM
They need to have a minimum point requirement for receiving drops at the end of the quest or something like that.

Sure, but I won't be your wb slave then! (gl finding any ra's)

SLY_J
Mar 29, 2015, 08:03 PM
Besides standard trolling tactics, no, there isn't.

TaigaUC
Mar 29, 2015, 10:12 PM
Sit in lobby chairs. It'll lag everyone to death.

Dnd
Mar 29, 2015, 10:19 PM
It's unfortunate that getting AFKers killed doesn't prevent them from getting loot in the TD quests.

iirc being killed means you dont get any mob defeat points

Miss too many of those and its auto c-rank, which means you only get at best half the loot you normally would of.

Its kinda a pain in the ass when no-one revives you so you miss out on half the loot by a fraction of a % where the rest get full loot.

TaigaUC
Mar 30, 2015, 01:25 AM
They should encourage revivals by plastering the entire screen with a massive SOMEONE DIED message, ala Dark Souls.
Then they'd have to use a moon to make the message go away~

The more a person dies, the smaller the message appears to everyone else, until it's so small that nobody cares anymore.

Korazenn
Mar 30, 2015, 01:44 AM
Set three auto-words that include /ci (whatever) and /toge along with filling the bubble with a bunch of words. Go into an MPA with a group and ensure everyone has their auto-words all on /a, too.

Oh, and prepare to get blacklisted and see a bunch of people die because they can't see what they're doing. It also 'helps' if you just assign "/a /ci7" to a shortcut and keep pressing the button. You would totally not be forever hated by every single PSO2 player for doing that continuously.

(In case it isn't clear, this is a jab at those people who use /ci for EVERY. SINGLE. AUTOWORD. TRIGGER. STAHP!)

Stickboy
Mar 30, 2015, 02:53 AM
>ppl going for boxes with barrel next to it
>shoot the barrel
>dem ded

Dammy
Mar 30, 2015, 03:34 AM
the only thing i can remember is barrels
well, you could kill players under panic status, but that was fixed ages ago

Lostbob117
Mar 30, 2015, 04:14 AM
Spam your character's face in missions. You'll kill them irl.

wefwq
Mar 30, 2015, 04:18 AM
Actually it can really kill people because it disturb their line of sight, especially on chaotic situation like UQ mobspawn, place where there's lots of bomb and mines or when boss spamming their AoE attacks.
Just you go spamming cutins with symbol arts, not only annoying but it may kill few poor souls.

Poyonche
Mar 30, 2015, 04:29 AM
the only thing i can remember is barrels
well, you could kill players under panic status, but that was fixed ages ago

Reference to the old PSOs ? Or were we really able to kill people when under panic status at the beginning of PSO2 ?

It would be cool if they bring that thing back :

-Be a Bouncer using Jetboots
-Get panic status
-Spam Moment Gale + Zanverse weapon action

Enjoy all those hate words.

Dammy
Mar 30, 2015, 05:45 AM
Reference to the old PSOs ? Or were we really able to kill people when under panic status at the beginning of PSO2 ?

it was possible at pso2, i miss those days

Poyonche
Mar 30, 2015, 05:55 AM
it was possible at pso2, i miss those days

"In order to reduces lag... wait, we just launched the game ? Whatever. In order to reduces lag, we remove the possibility to hit other players while under panic status."

Compensation : 50% Triboost

Flaoc
Mar 30, 2015, 06:14 AM
"In order to reduces lag... wait, we just launched the game ? Whatever. In order to reduces lag, we remove the possibility to hit other players while under panic status."

Compensation : 50% Triboost

sad part is that probably happened

wefwq
Mar 30, 2015, 07:52 AM
sad part is that probably happened
It already happened, but minus the compensation part.

Chdata
Mar 30, 2015, 08:45 AM
Tell them units don't matter and grinding is a waste of money.

Flaoc
Mar 30, 2015, 09:22 AM
It already happened, but minus the compensation part.

on the lag part.. i know the panic thing happened

Korazenn
Mar 30, 2015, 09:54 AM
All new players should know that the way you kill Dark Falz is by de-equipping all units, items, and PAs/Techs from your Weapon Palette and Subpallete and whacking him with the Mace of Adaman for instant KO.

K.O. Kazjivo
Mar 30, 2015, 11:52 AM
You can try luring a funji towards a bad player. Then they will die inside.
Or try luring a fast boss (like bantha) towards the rifle guy in the back.

BobbyTheBloody
Mar 30, 2015, 01:09 PM
PvP is killing the earth making gamers rage quit, so stop pvping everyone its BAD mmkay?

Sayara
Mar 30, 2015, 03:15 PM

I remember hearing some people's PC cannot handle the overusing spam of cutins on their screen causing their game to run worse.
So..
yeah it could be a problem for some.

Perfect Chaos
Mar 30, 2015, 03:20 PM
This thread... It's like the least productive thread on this board...
Just teaching people new ways to troll. LOL

Shadowth117
Mar 30, 2015, 03:33 PM
Meh, its not like there's much to learn here. Most of the stuff that you can do in this is dead obvious and really doesn't interfere with anyone too much. The barrels have been known about since the game began essentially and unless you're new than there's not even a real chance of getting tripped up by them.

The one thing I really haven't seen mentioned I guess is symbol art spam. Through team chat, you can be pretty obnoxious with that particularly if you're playing via Vita as for whatever reason (unless they've changed it) you can put out symbol arts by touching them as fast as you can poke the screen. The ensuing noises from the SA itself and the portion of the screen stolen by said SA will likely prove quite enraging.

...but yeah not too much you can do to troll in this overall. I know. I've tried.

lostinseganet
Mar 30, 2015, 07:30 PM
No and there shouldn't PK'ing is evil! Evil from dreamcast times :(

Pirrip
Mar 31, 2015, 06:59 AM
Wow, I just checked back into this thread and it looks like there are some packs of fun-dip in need of dispensing.

I can see a lot of trolling/screen-spamming and also what could be called "social engineering" in this thread, but alas there must not be any other way to cause another player HP loss.

Like, I was pouring over the weapon potentials and skill trees and it looks like sega has made for darn sure this kind of gameplay is almost completely impossible. (Not that I'm complaining. I like PSO2 a lot the way it is.)

Chdata
Mar 31, 2015, 07:48 AM
Use nishiki.

Poyonche
Mar 31, 2015, 11:15 AM
Use nishiki.

As a Fo/Te

HardLight620
Apr 1, 2015, 03:23 AM
Wow, I just checked back into this thread and it looks like there are some packs of fun-dip in need of dispensing.

I can see a lot of trolling/screen-spamming and also what could be called "social engineering" in this thread, but alas there must not be any other way to cause another player HP loss.

Like, I was pouring over the weapon potentials and skill trees and it looks like sega has made for darn sure this kind of gameplay is almost completely impossible. (Not that I'm complaining. I like PSO2 a lot the way it is.)

You said it. Through the dark arts of sorcery its possible to enable friendly fire so that you can attack and kill friendly NPCs out in the field, but the moment you hit another player the server immediately disconnects you. It's safe to say that they've taken a fair amount of precaution in preventing this kind of thing.

(Full disclosure: I only tried hitting other players with rescue guns.)

Misaki Ki
Apr 1, 2015, 05:00 AM
I believe that was due to the changes from confusion/panic. It was mentioned here, but we used to be able to attack each other when confused. That was fine, but it annoyed some players. (I had a kill count myself honestly.)

People who dabbled in the dark-arts were able to abuse that, and kill off whoever they wanted. I'm pretty sure the rejection from the server came with the changes to panic, but I wouldn't know for sure since I don't mess with the game in that way.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Dburm.jpg[/spoiler-box]