PDA

View Full Version : Topic: Cats

Cowboy
Apr 22, 2003, 12:24 PM
If cats are supposed to be less inteligent then us, then why do they have us waiting on them hand and foot, while they do nothing but look cute. WE go to school, go to jobs to get paid, and they lay around and get fat. Also, do you own a cat?. (or does a cat own you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tracon on 2003-04-22 10:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tracon on 2003-04-22 11:21 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Apr 22, 2003, 12:41 PM
that might be the case for a lot of people especially those with small dogs. a lot of people let their dogs rule them and get away with whatever their dogs want. often, these people don't understand animal thinking, behavior, nature and animal society structure.

but with pets, what humans have done is basically domesticating an animal to be a household pet is to have the animal be dependent on humans, and of course also be nice to people, etc. so of course they would be dependent on you, of course you would have to take care of them since you "disabled" that nature during domestication. it's just before, animals would be domesticated to help us or work for us, now it's no longer the case for a lot of pets. now pets just provide companionship.

but me, my dogs actually have jobs and tasks they need to do. they follow my rules and what I say, and when I tell them to do something, they better do it fast. they do what I say when I say it. in short, I'm the pack leader not them. lots of dogs yearn for jobs, especially working and herding dogs, you'd be surprised at how some house dogs would love to work. it's been bred into their genes, it's not exactly that easy to forget.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=48665&forum=14&11

Saladwood
Apr 22, 2003, 12:44 PM
What Lolita said. But her dogs are not just regular house pets. They are working dogs and performance pets. But they do the tasks given to them and they are happy dogs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2003-04-22 10:45 ]</font>

Cowboy
Apr 22, 2003, 01:01 PM
I had a working og once. It was an australian shepherd. It liked to chase tractors, and one day it got too close to the tractor. Now i have 3 dogs that are pets, nothing more, nothing less. And i was mainly to those mammals known as cats. They own you, and they know it. And lolita, that sig. Those eyes seem to follow you around the room...

LollipopLolita
Apr 22, 2003, 01:10 PM
cats are very different from dogs. dogs look to you as their pack leader and try to please you, would do anything to please you. cats have no pack structure in their society and they don't give a damn about making you happy. some breed of cats though have been known to be more doglike, they will do simple tasks and commands, they will come when called, fetch and walk on a leash. but keep in mind that dogs have been domesticated for much much longer than cats have so cats still have their independent nature, and much more than dogs. dogs were also first domesticated to work, cats were domesticated for companionship and decorative intentions, never for work. that is why you can't really compare the two.