PDA

View Full Version : Vanity waifu items vs Weapon value

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 31, 2015, 10:01 PM
Today I switched to RA/HU because I was bored of melee weapons so I wanted to make the game feel "fresh" and fun again.

As I was shopping for decent 11* RA weapons I noticed that most are very cheap even cheaper than dances and hair styles.

For example I bought a 6 slot red scorpio launcher for 15 mill. Now I know that 12 and 13* weps can be stronger but many 11* weps are still very viable.

Just like 3 days ago I bought the newest dance for 16mill! So I was like "wtf good fully maxed out weapons cost less than actual dances? O_o;"

I was able to equip my character with 5/6 slot equips including launcher/rifle and units for less than 60M, yet most hair styles go for 22M and dances can go up to 24M even when they are still in rotation. It's been a long time since I been in the market for weapons. The last time I made a weapon was when I made my 5 slot sharp cycler. So I didn't know how cheap every weapon and 10* unit is. It just seems very silly that vanity items have a much higher value than good weapons that actually help you play the game better than just something to look at.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 31, 2015, 10:06 PM
Upgrading your gear beyond a certain point means very little in this easy game. Anyone with sense admits that.

The other thing is, those weapons have resale value. They're not consumed/limited supply unlike LAs, and hairstyles after they're out of rotation.

And of course, yes, people play dressup far more than gear progression. We get a new scratch every ~2 weeks while we're barely given a reason to upgrade our stuff every 6 months if that.

Xaeris
Mar 31, 2015, 10:07 PM
It's not especially surprising when you think about the factors involved. Vanity tickets are typically introduced into the game's economy for only a month via the scratch, and really, considering the new scratch usually becomes the new hotness, it's more like two weeks. Combine that with the fact that it requires real money to draw a scratch and that the tickets are consumable, and you end up with a supply far more limited than that of 99% of equipment. Costumes, on the other hand, are recyclable and most of them are relatively cheap.

Sizustar
Mar 31, 2015, 11:01 PM
It's supply and demand.
Weapon and Unit, unless crafted, will just keep on growing in number as more people hunt for it.

While outfit and tickets are limited in quanities, and will be gone when it is no longer in rotation.

Aquanos
Mar 31, 2015, 11:54 PM
I'd like to go full waifu dress up but I'd be considered a "Ganjin" if I did. (Oh wait, I'm not Japanese. It was fate for me to be Ganjin)

BIG OLAF
Apr 1, 2015, 12:40 AM
Certain outfits and accessories (given you don't use the latter on your character) will always have value.

Weapons and armor will always decrease in value, eventually.

So, in the long-run, there's more value in having a stockpile of old outfits than there is in having old weapons. I'd estimate that 90% of the weapons/armor in the game are around 10k meseta or less now, so. The game is, without a doubt, an 'arms race,' so everything old will always lose value as the new weapon with the extra .033% attack power, or armor with the .025% extra defense comes out.

But, vanity items are forever, at least until they're rotated back in (but some never are, so).

Perfect Chaos
Apr 1, 2015, 12:53 AM
I'd like to go full waifu dress up but I'd be considered a "Ganjin" if I did. (Oh wait, I'm not Japanese. It was fate for me to be Ganjin)The term is "gaijin", FYI.

Aquanos
Apr 1, 2015, 12:58 AM
The term is "gaijin", FYI.

I was spelling it wrong on purpose.

TaigaUC
Apr 1, 2015, 01:01 AM
Dances and hairstyles aren't retradable, that's why weapons will be cheaper.

Rain Walker
Apr 1, 2015, 01:03 AM
Dances and hairstyles aren't retradable, that's why weapons will be cheaper.

I prefer the term "one-time-usage-per-character" ^^;

Great Pan
Apr 1, 2015, 07:53 PM
Weapons>cosmetics, period.

Sizustar
Apr 1, 2015, 08:00 PM

Opinion vs Opinion

TehCubey
Apr 1, 2015, 08:40 PM
Did anyone in the thread mention yet that you need weapon passes for 10* and 11* weapons? Because you do.

And of course it's not a problem to get one - if you have premium. This means the market for weapons is reduced to only people who have premium (or had in the past and used it to trade in for passes). Smaller market -> smaller demand -> lower prices.

As opposed to hairstyles, accessories, lobby actions, where the market is pretty much the whole game. Or at least those who have female characters. So, the whole game.

Also tickets are not resellable but others mentioned that already.

Keilyn
Apr 2, 2015, 03:38 AM
Weapon values in the market are worthless!

If you want a good weapon, go for 13* weapons as they are so powerful that they displace the majority of 12* weapons and below. Seriously, anything below is either crafted with a good potential or for players who are leveling or using the weapon as a utility weapon.

12* weapons are a bitch to grind, and 13* weapons really are THAT MUCH MORE powerful.

So yes....to me it is a waste to grind anything outside of 13* weapons (and more coming their way) as an endgame weapon unless they are build based weapons that can prove their worth when XH comes out.

Vanity Items always have value to some player simply because its Vanity. People want their individual looks to be fleshed out and everything is on a per-character basis. This means that while a weapon can be used on multiple characters, one an accessory or hairstyle is used, it stays on THAT ONE CHARACTER. Only thing shared really are Lobby Actions.

Regardless if there is a 15* weapon or a 1* weapons, Vanity Items will always have their own value, while weapon value will always change.

Skyly
Apr 2, 2015, 10:39 AM

You win. I couldn't agree more.

schnee4
Apr 3, 2015, 02:49 AM
"sharp cycler"
red scorpio

why use useless weapon?

Sacrificial
Apr 3, 2015, 02:54 AM
Ra doesn't really,need high tier gear tho. You should already already be,able to one-shot with 9-10stars.