PDA

View Full Version : New to PSO 2--ideal stats for Cast Ranger MAG?

burdfishdemon
Apr 1, 2015, 03:34 PM
Hello all:

I haven't played Phantasy Star since PSU on the 360, and even then I only logged 500 hours. I have been doing a lot of research on mags and haven't found any confident conclusions on the most ideal type of mag for a character.

I'm a male cast ranger and have a level 20 mag. So far I've pretty much gone the pure route, with level 20 ranged and 1 accidental level in dexterity. Anyways, does anyone know if it would be best for me to round out my mag stats? I've heard that if I don't, I /might/ not be able to equip certain late-game gear. Is that true?

Thanks for any help!!! :]

Maenara
Apr 1, 2015, 03:40 PM
Optimally, you'll want a pure R-atk mag.

Vintasticvin
Apr 1, 2015, 03:47 PM
Weeeell if you plan on sticking to Ranger then you're doing just fine with your pure R-atk mag. As for late game gear you probably mean the armor units. Nyeh, I would look up which unit set would benefit my class and find a deranged elite top tier power player to lend me a hand..

burdfishdemon
Apr 1, 2015, 04:01 PM
Well I figure that I can always buy another mag (the only thing I'd ever drop a couple bucks on) if I ever change to a melee class or something.

I've gotta go for awhile now, but I'll check in later to see if there are other opinions.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep an eye on this thread and will continue shoving 5 star furniture items (between rare weapons) in my mag's mouth. XD

nathanielzor
Apr 1, 2015, 04:39 PM
Go pure R-ATK mag. It's best in every case, except equipping some top-tier units a little earlier when leveling different characters. (You won't have that gear anyways so it shouldn't matter.)

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 1, 2015, 06:54 PM
It's best to always go pure for whatever it is you want to play. So for example, if you want to be a sword hunter then go for 190 s-atk mag if you are going for pure mage then go for a pure t-atk mag etc etc.

burdfishdemon
Apr 1, 2015, 08:03 PM
Thanks very much for the help.

I just realized I have a support device I could use on my mag which I guess will give it a heal. When it uses that ability, will it gain some magic stat? Because I don't want that.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 1, 2015, 08:08 PM
No, it won't. All mag actions do, besides their stated effect, is make a mag's energy go down, which lets you feed them again faster.

burdfishdemon
Apr 1, 2015, 08:35 PM
Thanks so much for the info!

Also, do you know if I can change out my mag abilities? Or once I set them, they're set forever?

burdfishdemon
Apr 1, 2015, 10:34 PM
OMG, because of my 1 dex, will I get Orion instead of Cepheus?

(sorry for double post)

Anduril
Apr 1, 2015, 11:17 PM

(sorry for double post)

No. Orion is only from evolving a lepus mag to a ranged at 100. Also, mag abilities can be changed/ replaced when you run out of slots

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 2, 2015, 12:12 AM

(sorry for double post)

No, but you will have a terrible case of OCD and lose sleep over it now.