Details about PSO2es’ large scale update
Live Playthrough of Lillipa’s Ultimate Quest
Info about the collaboration with prototype model designer Misaki Asai

FireswordRus
Apr 2, 2015, 06:10 PM
Fan Link http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm

Shinamori
Apr 3, 2015, 04:17 AM
Well, in just a few days, we'll see if UQ Lillipa's weakness is fire or wind.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 3, 2015, 08:58 AM
Well, in just a few days, we'll see if UQ Lillipa's weakness is fire or wind.

I'll bet on Lightning :-D, there is no reasons they'll be weak to Fire or Wind since they're still pure mechs, element weaknesses aren't a matter of "time without appearance/usefulness". For Wind weakness, they'll probably keep that for a new planet.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 01:08 PM
I'll bet on Lightning :-D, there is no reasons they'll be weak to Fire or Wind since they're still pure mechs, element weaknesses aren't a matter of "time without appearance/usefulness". For Wind weakness, they'll probably keep that for a new planet.

Fire weakness is actually pretty logical. Ultimate mechs have ice related attacks. Most obvious with Ultimate Jagd Dingel (sword robot), who's dual wielding gigantic frosty blades. Since Ultimate Naberius went fire with an ice weakness (opposing element), it would make sense for Ultimate Lilipa to do the same with ice and a fire weakness. Ultimate Lilipa also ports over Ban pair. Ultimate Naberius ported over Vol Dragon, and got fire element + ice weakness. Snow pair would logically give ice element + fire weakness. From what I understand, PSO also had Ultimate mechs primarily weak to fire (with a couple odd ones out), and the natives were primarily weak to ice, like what Ultimate Naberius did.

And besides that, fire melts steel and other metals, and can damage parts even if the metals a machine was made of were heat resistant. That alone seems like a great reason to have a fire weakness. The only reasoning I'm seeing for a lightning weakness is lol mechs = lightning weakness, which is pretty shallow at best.

Anyway, I'm betting on wind weakness for Amduscia (with lightning mobs), with a lightning weakness reserved for Wopal (with wind mobs).

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 3, 2015, 01:46 PM
Part of me wanted to see people lose their shit over something worthwhile being weak to exclusively wind.

Anyway, I want to see the new PAs already, especially for DBs.

They could use something simple that doesn't involve launching, or movement like a sakura end of sorts that deals maybe ~50% more damage than dispersion (I seriously want less reasons to spam dispersion shrike).

Terrence
Apr 3, 2015, 01:50 PM
Machines were weak to Lighting in all difficulties except Ultimate, where it was Fire, in Pso1. They could do the same in Pso2.

Poyonche
Apr 3, 2015, 02:42 PM
I hope they will show the 13* stones exchange shop.

#spiritcollector

Maenara
Apr 3, 2015, 04:04 PM
Spirit Radiance, you mean.

Shadowth117
Apr 3, 2015, 04:21 PM
I have this feeling that due to PSO1 veterancy that its going to be a fire weakness, but eh. I really think it should be wind, but I honestly don't feel like it will be.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 3, 2015, 05:01 PM
And besides that, fire melts steel and other metals, and can damage parts even if the metals a machine was made of were heat resistant. That alone seems like a great reason to have a fire weakness. The only reasoning I'm seeing for a lightning weakness is lol mechs = lightning weakness, which is pretty shallow at best.

Honestly, i'm saying Lightning because when you look the trailer, what does it says? Basically "New Tunnels, New type of mechs, Meca-Banthers, Epsilon-like boss, 13* not belonging to Anga only (and puching-ball player too:lol)". It doesn't give any clue of what the weakness will be, no status effects or weapons look that could give some clues. The Jagd sword being blue doesn't mean it's an Ice-type of sword (and really doesn't look frosty at all, just a pure energy sword), Gilnas laser is blue and inflict shock.
I'm not really trying to guess nor i pretend to know what the weakness will be, it's just SEGA has his own logic (granted they know what logic is:lol:), so if the Ultimate Lillipa video we got doesn't say the elemental weakness, it could be anything (even Light), and the only thing we have about PSO2 and mechs is mechs = lightning weakness, that's the only thing we can eventually apply to Ultimate Lillipa. I'm aware of Fire weakness for PSO1 Ult Mechs and Knight Gear is weak to Fire despite being a mech too (he still got Lightning weakness though), but again, their own logic, their chosen weakness.

We'll probably get the answer at that broadcast, so.... still hoping for Lightning. (i just bought a Lightning tree for my Force:-P, got reset skill pass in case)

Meteor Weapon
Apr 3, 2015, 05:14 PM
I thought it was already datamined that Ultimate Amduscia was getting the Fire Weakness treatment because the dragonkins file name had "Ice" in it

Maenara
Apr 3, 2015, 05:25 PM
Lol, .ice was just the file extension.

nathanielzor
Apr 3, 2015, 05:26 PM
Honestly, i'm saying Lightning because when you look the trailer, what does it says? Basically "New Tunnels, New type of mechs, Meca-Banthers, Epsilon-like boss, 13* not belonging to Anga only (and puching-ball player too:lol)". It doesn't give any clue of what the weakness will be, no status effects or weapons look that could give some clues. The Jagd sword being blue doesn't mean it's an Ice-type of sword (and really doesn't look frosty at all, just a pure energy sword), Gilnas laser is blue and inflict shock.
I'm not really trying to guess nor i pretend to know what the weakness will be, it's just SEGA has his own logic (granted they know what logic is:lol:), so if the Ultimate Lillipa video we got doesn't say the elemental weakness, it could be anything (even Light), and the only thing we have about PSO2 and mechs is mechs = lightning weakness, that's the only thing we can eventually apply to Ultimate Lillipa. I'm aware of Fire weakness for PSO1 Ult Mechs and Knight Gear is weak to Fire despite being a mech too (he still got Lightning weakness though), but again, their own logic, their chosen weakness.

We'll probably get the answer at that broadcast, so.... still hoping for Lightning. (i just bought a Lightning tree for my Force:-P, got reset skill pass in case)
It's pretty much 99.9% confirmed that it won't be lightning. Ultimate Quests are basically different timelines or somesht, and along with that, normal weaknesses have been flip-flopped. (Not sure if its opposite element based on the area, or the element associated with the boss) In the case of Naberius, Fire is natively the main weak element, opposite of that is Ice. Or you can look at it like Vol Dragon is weak to Ice and Diabo is a different version of Vol dragon. So basically we're left with two options, Fire is the element weakness because of Banthers, or Wind is the element weakness because it's opposite of Lillipa's normal weakness.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 3, 2015, 06:15 PM
I thought it was already datamined that Ultimate Amduscia was getting the Fire Weakness treatment because the dragonkins file name had "Ice" in it

wat i dont think anyone determined this yet, Ult Tunnels is either wind or fire is what ppl are waiting for confirmation

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 06:21 PM

Gilnas laser doesn't inflict shock. Jagd Dingel used to use a flaming sword. The shade of color it uses now is pretty obviously different from Gilnas lasers, being an extremely white-blue as opposed to just light blue. You can even see the blade mecha Banther emitting icy air, and you can compare Ultimate Jagd Dingel's blades with the lasers Ultimate Vardha Soma uses to clearly see they're radically different. Seriously, watch the trailer and pay attention. It's not as obvious as Ultimate Naberius with mobs spewing fireballs, but mechs barely used any lightning attacks anyway. They actually have more fire attacks as a whole than they do lightning, so yeah. Don't expect to see more than a couple mechs actually use ice, in the same way that Forest natives don't have a single wind attack among any of them, or how Vol Dragon is the only dragonkin to use fire attacks.

Now, I am trying to follow Sega logic. Using Sega logic, they set multiple precedents for Ultimate mode. There's precedents for porting bosses over and changing the elements enemies use and the weaknesses they have. In other words, mechs = lightning isn't logical here, because that isn't the logic followed with Ultimate quests. I spelled out the precedents set that would indicate a fire weakness for Ultimate Lilipa, going off the patterns set by Sega. The only argument for lightning is completely inapplicable to this situation.

And Knight Gear is weak to fire because it's also an ice boss. It can freeze with its sword...pretty obvious.

Selphea
Apr 3, 2015, 06:46 PM
Sega has a precedent for machines weak to fire. In PSO1 the Gilchics and Canadines changed from Lightning weakness to Fire weakness. Check the Bestiary (http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary.php?location=3&artid=333&version=v3) right here. EFR = Fire Resist, and it drops from 90%-ish to 25-50% going from Very Hard to Ultimate.

Not saying it'll be confirmed weak to Fire - that one I'll wait and see. It's only one day now.

Sp-24
Apr 3, 2015, 06:52 PM
We should probably look at the current state of the elements instead of 15 years old games to figure this out.

With how bad lightning has it these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimate Lilipa would still be weak to it. And that would coincide with the upcoming lightning tech buff, too.

Selphea
Apr 3, 2015, 07:00 PM
Lightning actually has it pretty good. It's gotten a bunch of tiny advantages that slipped under the radar - Zandeon, Zondeel no longer being detonated by others in the MPA, double jump with Ilzonde and Razonde, and Innocent Form with Sazonde. Not to mention the PP Save skill frees you from being bound to Techer for PP management. If I were to do a single-element Force today it'd quite likely be a Lightning Fo/Fi.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 07:25 PM
We should probably look at the current state of the elements instead of 15 years old games to figure this out.

With how bad lightning has it these days, I wouldn't be surprised if Ultimate Lilipa would still be weak to it. And that would coincide with the upcoming lightning tech buff, too.

What lightning tech buff? Haven't heard of one. Mind you, lightning's not even bad, all the other elements are just better. And Ultimate Naberius got an ice weakness even though ice had been massively improved, Gibarta and Ilbarta are incredibly powerful techs in terms of mobbing and bossing respectively, and Seabed and Facility both are ice weak areas, plus the recent introduction of toy darkers (even if they haven't really spread out in types, the three that exist were prominently featured in pretty much every seasonal EQ since their introduction), so I don't think Sega's taking game balance into account at all here.

Really, the biggest problem lightning has is lack of enemies weak to it, and well, look at how many wind weak enemies there are.

Selphea
Apr 3, 2015, 07:33 PM
And I still think Dragonkin should all have been weak to Wind ._. that'd have balanced things out once Kuronites get more areas.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 3, 2015, 07:50 PM
Problem with wind is that anything weak to it is weak to light/fire. Unlike lighting (and every other element in game), there is nothing purely weak to wind iirc.

I just feel like wind element should be curveball candidate #1 for ult lilipa (or any ult sometime soon) enemy weakness.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 07:53 PM
And I still think Dragonkin should all have been weak to Wind ._. that'd have balanced things out once Kuronites get more areas.

If dragonkin were weak to wind exclusively, there would have been no dark weak enemies until EP3 ._.

Unless you mean wind as an additional weakness of course. Personally, I expect Ultimate Amduscia to be wind weakness, if that helps any. Dunno how Harkotan's gonna work though. I don't really think it's gonna be dark weakness in every area, leaning more toward a light weakness for at least one area.

Keilyn
Apr 3, 2015, 08:04 PM
I rather wait to see...
So much hype over something that will be played for a few months and then given up for the next big things. The transition from P2W to G2W has been going steadily.

Dnd
Apr 3, 2015, 08:06 PM
there is nothing purely weak to wind iirc.
Rare forest banthers i believe are the only thing specificly weak to just wind in the normal game (excluding failed XQ floors etc)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 3, 2015, 08:27 PM
Rare forest banthers i believe are the only thing specificly weak to just wind in the normal game (excluding failed XQ floors etc)

Oh yeah, that's pretty much it...

Maenara
Apr 3, 2015, 08:29 PM
They should've kept doing what they were doing with rare darkers and eliminated light weakness from them.

Sp-24
Apr 3, 2015, 08:32 PM
What lightning tech buff? Haven't heard of one. Mind you, lightning's not even bad, all the other elements are just better. And Ultimate Naberius got an ice weakness even though ice had been massively improved, Gibarta and Ilbarta are incredibly powerful techs in terms of mobbing and bossing respectively, and Seabed and Facility both are ice weak areas, plus the recent introduction of toy darkers (even if they haven't really spread out in types, the three that exist were prominently featured in pretty much every seasonal EQ since their introduction), so I don't think Sega's taking game balance into account at all here.

Really, the biggest problem lightning has is lack of enemies weak to it, and well, look at how many wind weak enemies there are.
Frankly, I can't remember where did I hear about lightning techs getting buffed, but it wasn't an official source. Maybe it was just a 2ch post that I took too seriously. In which case, sorry.

But yeah, while I haven't played Force in a while, I clearly remember other elements outdoing lightning at every turn. I assumed that Naberius got its ice weakness as a part of the ice buff after its two years of being nigh useless, so Lilipa should get something that's underrepresented as well. Guess wind and lightning seem like good candidates, though I remember wind being very strong back when I was using it. ...Which may have been too long ago to matter.

Maenara
Apr 3, 2015, 08:39 PM
I just feel like wind element should be curveball candidate #1 for ult lilipa (or any ult sometime soon) enemy weakness.

Ultimate curveball: Ultimate Lillipa has NO elemental weakness.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 08:56 PM
But yeah, while I haven't played Force in a while, I clearly remember other elements outdoing lightning at every turn. I assumed that Naberius got its ice weakness as a part of the ice buff after its two years of being nigh useless, so Lilipa should get something that's underrepresented as well. Guess wind and lightning seem like good candidates, though I remember wind being very strong back when I was using it. ...Which may have been too long ago to matter.

Ice has been great since Ilbarta came out, got tremendous buffs overall in EP3, and then another ice weak area in Facility. It was really only bad before Seabed came out, which is closer to about a year and a half? And even before Ultimate Naberius it was basically second right under fire, Ultimate Naberius just made it even better thanks to the mobs primarily being weak to it and having resistance to every other element.

So yeah, not really a balance move.

Bellion
Apr 3, 2015, 08:59 PM
Just saying, certain enemies in ultimate have a universal tech damage resistance. Ice still gets reduced by that 15% tech resistance, but it gets the elemental weakness damage increase too.

I don't think anything in ultimate right now has specific elemental resistances. Besides Anga changing resistances, obviously.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 09:18 PM
Oh, I understood it to be that the elemental hitzones they had were how they resisted techs, which would make ice exempt. Since techs don't actually check the tech hitzone of an enemy at all, they just check the elemental hitzone.

Is there any source for universal tech resistance? Just curious mainly.

Bellion
Apr 3, 2015, 10:09 PM
Well, there were scans of ultimate enemies with their drops and resistances. I could've been interpreting it wrong but some enemies were weak to ice and had like tech resistances in the 80% ranges or so.

If their weakness does ignore tech resistance they should've put like 以外氷(exception of ice) or something.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 3, 2015, 10:46 PM
I'm going off this (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A8%E3%83%8D%E3%83%9F%E3%83%BC%E3% 82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B9) page. It's really incomplete, but all the testing for older enemies perfectly matches the datamined hitzones from around the beginning of EP2, so they should be accurate for the newer enemies. There isn't any indication of a resistance to tech damage for an enemy's weak element. Considering the JPs only post what they can verify in practice (which is why it's so incomplete), I'm inclined to believe that the tech resistance spoken of is really closer to elemental resistances. This is a little more complex since it also means damage added from a weapon's element is lower than it would normally be in UQs, since it's losing out on 15-20% of the bonus ATK unless it matches the enemy's weakness.

At any rate, I'm more inclined to believe swiki's testing than those scans.

Maenara
Apr 3, 2015, 11:55 PM
Plosiorgles have an almost 60% resist to tech and ranged(As in, damage reduced to 42.5% of its normal value). Ignoring that for ice would be rather significant.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 4, 2015, 12:16 AM
Plosiorgle hitzones

Body: 1.0 striking, 0.4125 ranged/not-ice, 0.6 ice
Head: 1.0 striking, 1.65 ranged, 0.825 not-ice, 1.2 ice
Left/right lumps: 1.0 striking, 0.825 ranged/not-ice, 1.2 ice
Center lump (weak point): 2.0 striking, 1.65 ranged/not-ice, 2.4 ice

So the actual resistance is 17.5%, but the body takes halved damage from everything besides striking attacks, which includes ice techs. It would still count as an elemental weakness since the damage is just being halved at the end, though.

nephie
Apr 4, 2015, 12:43 AM
Frankly, I can't remember where did I hear about lightning techs getting buffed, but it wasn't an official source. Maybe it was just a 2ch post that I took too seriously. In which case, sorry.

IIRC, in the last (or last two) live they said that lighning is the only element that they haven't touched at all during eps3 update so they will be trying to adjust it a bit... in near future

Maenara
Apr 4, 2015, 08:22 PM
This is midnight, EST, right?

Shinamori
Apr 4, 2015, 08:52 PM
1am I think.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 4, 2015, 08:56 PM
1 AM EST.

Maenara
Apr 4, 2015, 08:58 PM
Protip: If you want either Fire or Wind element boosters, now's the time to buy them. Ultimate Lillipa's elemental weakness will be confirmed, and whichever of those two it is, WILL explode in price.

Shinamori
Apr 4, 2015, 09:05 PM
I'm poor.

Rakurai
Apr 4, 2015, 09:09 PM
It's kind of silly how much people value such a tiny damage increase.

Techers are the only ones who really get much mileage out of it due to Elemental Weak Hit.

Xaelouse
Apr 4, 2015, 09:35 PM
Everyone hyping up enemy weaknesses instead of NEW SKILLS AND PAs

LonelyGaruga
Apr 4, 2015, 09:39 PM
It's kind of silly how much people value such a tiny damage increase.

Techers are the only ones who really get much mileage out of it due to Elemental Weak Hit.

It's important for Force and Bouncer as well.

Needless to say, the people who actually care about this stuff play at least one of those three classes, so it's not really that silly.

Kondibon
Apr 4, 2015, 10:31 PM
Everyone hyping up enemy weaknesses instead of NEW SKILLS AND PAsThere's nothing to go on for speculation about that. I AM excited for those, but without anything to go on there's nothing to speculate about.

wefwq
Apr 4, 2015, 11:05 PM
New PA batch going to be released along with UQ right?

Kondibon
Apr 4, 2015, 11:07 PM
Most likely.

The Walrus
Apr 4, 2015, 11:10 PM
Please tell me there's gonna be a dual blade PA in there

nephie
Apr 4, 2015, 11:10 PM

yes, some PA including bouncer's will be added. also some addition to skill tree. that's what they said in the last live

final_attack
Apr 4, 2015, 11:17 PM
yes, some PA including bouncer's will be added. also some addition to skill tree. that's what they said in the last live

Oh? The one who get addition on skill tree is just Bo? Or every class?

Maenara
Apr 4, 2015, 11:21 PM
Don't worry, it's just 17 more main-class only, dual-blade only skills.

nephie
Apr 4, 2015, 11:24 PM

probably for all class, but nothing known yet as they don't say any further information.

the bouncer is specifically said in Q&A session where a player ask if there will be new PA for bouncer. and they said that there will be a new PA for bouncer in ultimate mech update but that's all, they don't even mention if it's for DB or JB

Perfect Chaos
Apr 4, 2015, 11:33 PM
I hope both JB and DB each get a new PA. DB should get one since they didn't get a new one the last time around. But JB should also get another one since they are still 2 below DB in PA count.

wefwq
Apr 4, 2015, 11:40 PM
I hope both JB and DB each get a new PA. DB should get one since they didn't get a new one the last time around. But JB should also get another one since they are still 2 below DB in PA count.
They are doing it on purpose since JB can use tech as well.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 4, 2015, 11:50 PM

Yes.

Please tell me there's gonna be a dual blade PA in there

Q&A session indicated that Ultimate Lilipa will drop a new DB PA.

Every class.

Kondibon
Apr 4, 2015, 11:53 PM
They are doing it on purpose since JB can use tech as well.
I thought that at first too, but I think it's more likely because they all 2 for 1. Of course it could be both, either way, I agree that it's likely JBs intentionally have less PAs.

Maenara
Apr 4, 2015, 11:53 PM
No Youtube link yet?

ArcaneTechs
Apr 4, 2015, 11:54 PM
No Youtube link yet?

about to ask this

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 12:04 AM
Well, I do wonder if they'll give another Skill Tree Reset, since I've used 1 on my alt, without knowing they'll give new skill ._.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 5, 2015, 12:05 AM
Well, I do wonder if they'll give another Skill Tree Reset, since I've used 1 on my alt, without knowing they'll give new skill ._.

they give skill resets every time new skills are added, relax

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 12:09 AM
yeah, just wondering since they just gave 1 for Magatsu fix recently ^^;

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 12:16 AM
I can't wait for people to star complaining about her voice again.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 12:20 AM
yeah, just wondering since they just gave 1 for Magatsu fix recently ^^;

Doesn't matter, they've handed out two skill tree resets in short time frames before. They'll most likely do it again. They really derped with Magatsu.

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 12:23 AM
New skills shown.

strikerhunter
Apr 5, 2015, 12:23 AM
Fire+Dark tech beam, Okay time to play again for another month.

oratank
Apr 5, 2015, 12:26 AM
seem like uti liliba fire weak

Shinmarizu
Apr 5, 2015, 12:27 AM
ULT Lilipa mobs are weak to fire. Happy spending!

Perfect Chaos
Apr 5, 2015, 12:27 AM
Well, Fire Element Change item just went from 3 million to 8 million on ship 2. LOL

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 12:28 AM
I saw that extra territory burst thing. I saw that hyper armor for rangers. I saw that new approach PA for mech guns
https://lrn2geek.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/my_body_is_ready.png

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 12:30 AM
Well, Fire Element Change item just went from 3 million to 8 million on ship 2. LOL

Yeah I saw that happen within seconds.

Anyway, anyone notice if that DB PA was used in air, and grounded the user?

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 12:30 AM

Protip: If you want either Fire or Wind element boosters, now's the time to buy them. Ultimate Lillipa's elemental weakness will be confirmed, and whichever of those two it is, WILL explode in price.

called

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 12:32 AM
Can someone reupload the update trailer they just showed? I wanna pore over it.

Zorua
Apr 5, 2015, 12:32 AM
Any news on that youtube link?

EvilMag
Apr 5, 2015, 12:33 AM
I just put my fire element changer up for 8 mil. It sold in less than 20 seconds.

glad I bought one earlier.

Xaelouse
Apr 5, 2015, 12:34 AM
what an underwhelming cast of PAs, except gunslash

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 12:34 AM
Now I have to wait for the next ultimate quest for a light element combo tech though. :/

EDIT: What did that talis skill do?

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 12:35 AM
I didn't see the Gunslash PA. What did it do?

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 12:40 AM
Talis fast throw. Makes talis throwing faster.
IIRC, all the new skills are main class only.

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 12:40 AM
It seems ....... Gu will be using critical build once the new skill implemented then? o_o

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 12:41 AM
I'm having a hard time telling what some of the skills do, like the Gunner skill. Low quality stream is low quality.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 12:44 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the DB PA grounded the user when used in air -_-

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 12:44 AM
I guess I'll calm down and wait for someone to summarize it. There seemed to be a lot of QoL changes too.

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 12:47 AM
50 Cube for 1 Mag level down? o_o

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 12:48 AM
Some stuff. I'm starving and not paying full attention.

They're improving the UI, adding the ability to search for multiple affixes, and some party stuff (icons?).
Looks like you can dump "party makers" in multiparty areas to invite people to parties.
Team room can be locked/unlocked so that other people can enter.
Mag level down device, which will cost 50 EXP cubes.

Hunter = Just Guard PP gain: PP gain when Just Guarding, I guess.
Fighter = Limit Break Photon Charge?: refill PP when Limit Break ends.
Ranger = Massive Bullet: I think it gives you super armor when loading bullets.
Gunner = T Machinegun Mastery: I think it increases PP regen and critical damage of Twin Guns.
Force = Fast Talis Throw: speeds up Talis throwing, I guess.
Techer = Wide Support: increases range of Resta, Anti, Shifta, Deband.
Braver = Counter Bonus: I think it makes counters do more damage and recover PP.
Braver = Bullet Bow Charge Bonus: I think it reduces charge time and PP cost of bow charge PAs.
Bouncer = Jet Boots Escape: didn't read it, something about invincibility during PAs.
Bouncer = Jet Boots Gear Boost: didn't read it.

I think all of them are main class only.
So, I guess more incentive to Braver Bow main.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 12:52 AM
Can't tell poop with this quality. The Hunter skill looks like it's PP recovered upon successful Just Guard. The Fighter skill is full PP recovered upon Limit Break wearing off. Still going over the rest.

Sizustar
Apr 5, 2015, 12:53 AM
So, did they finally got the new server machine, and can now implement Multi- Affix search

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 12:55 AM
TMG Mastery doesn't seem worth it. 5 levels for 5% more damage on crit, but still needs 20+ points' investment into other skills like ZRC, Stance Crit and even Crit Field to get anywhere near 5% net gain.

Just Guard PP Gain is a bigger troll though. Like, the #1 subclass in the game gets yet another unattractive main class skill :wacko:

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 12:59 AM
Balance adjustments:
Sword PA Ignite Parrying

Sword PA charge time:
Rising Edge, Nova Strike, Ride Slasher, Guilty Break

Double Saber PA Shift Action and Step Cancel Timing adjustment:
All PAs other than Acro Effect?

Jet Boots PA Step Cancel Timing adjustment:
Strike Gust, Grand Wave, Moment Gale

Katana Counter Edge range, gear build-up, hitbox? adjustment.

Umbra nerf:
No longer fail on hitting him. If you hit him you get a 100% temporary rare drop boost?

They're also bringing back popular hairstyles and accessories, again.

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 01:00 AM
Fate UBW collab o_o

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 01:00 AM
50 Cube for 1 Mag level down? o_oThey said a while ago that they'd be hard to get and that they were intended for people who put one point in the wrong thing, so it makes sense.

Some stuff. I'm starving and not paying full attention.

They're improving the UI, adding the ability to search for multiple affixes, and some party stuff (icons?).
Looks like you can dump "party makers" in multiparty areas to invite people to parties.
Team room can be locked/unlocked so that other people can enter.
Mag level down device, which will cost 50 EXP cubes.

Hunter = Just Guard PP gain: PP gain when Just Guarding, I guess.
Ok
Fighter = Limit Break Photon Charge?: refill PP when limit break ends.
Ok
Ranger = Massive Bullet: I think it gives you super armor when loading bullets.
Do want
Gunner = T Machinegun Mastery: I think it increases PP regen and critical damage of Twin Guns.
Eh, I could see some uses but I'm not bothering with crit builds and pp is rarely an issue when I play gunner.
Force = Fast Talis Throw: speeds up Talis throwing, I guess.
Meh
Techer = Wide Support: increases range of Resta, Anti, Shifta, Deband.
Yespls
Braver = Counter Bonus: I think it makes counters do more damage and recover PP.
Ok
Braver = Bullet Bow Charge Bonus: I think it reduces charge time and PP cost of bow charge PAs.
I could get some use out of this

Bouncer = Jet Boots Escape: didn't read it, something about invincibility during PAs.

something about invincibility during PAs.

invincibility during PAs.
http://i.imgur.com/jvXrth9.gif

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 01:03 AM
It's a flat increase to PP restored on attack as well. If you're currently using 10/10 APPR, you're getting 8 PP back per basic volley. Take five points out it and put it into TMG Mastery, and you get 7.8 PP per basic volley [(4+1.2)x150%)], plus crit damage. That's a pretty good deal to me.

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 01:05 AM
Oh, nice, I should be able to max both APPR and Tmg mastery then :3

Gonna throw that 5 spare SP on R-AtkUp2 for Tmg Mastery :3

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 01:05 AM
Guess I gotta get rid of the stuff I saved up, before that revival scratch in May.

Long Twin Tails is already dropping.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 01:10 AM
It's a flat increase to PP restored on attack as well. If you're currently using 10/10 APPR, you're getting 8 PP back per basic volley. Take five points out it and put it into TMG Mastery, and you get 7.8 PP per basic volley [(4+1.2)x150%)], plus crit damage. That's a pretty good deal to me.

5% more crit damage which happens 5% of the time by default, so half a level of APPR for a gain of 0.25% damage on average. You'd need to take points out of something else to put into ZRC to convert that to a 2.75% gain for 10 SP, which only works when ZRC works, i.e. not on Dead Approach, Reverse Tap or attacks at range. I'd rather keep 5 points in APPR and 5 points in the end leg of RATK Up - that's 50 ATK :o

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 01:10 AM
Oh looks like it is the PSO2es part...

Sizustar
Apr 5, 2015, 01:11 AM
Oh looks like it is the PSO2es part...

PSO2es update
New quest, New PA, and new functions.

Maninbluejumpsuit
So, did they finally got the new server machine, and can now implement Multi- Affix search

Nah, they just bought more duct tape.

Maenara
5% more crit damage which happens 5% of the time by default, so half a level of APPR for a gain of 0.25% damage on average. You'd need to take points out of something else to put into ZRC to convert that to a 2.75% gain for 10 SP. I'd rather keep 5 points in APPR and 5 points in the end leg of RATK Up.

It's significantly more worth just grabbing Critical Strike as a FI/GU, since FI/GU gets 95% critical hit rate.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 01:12 AM
Those red and black recolors honestly look pretty cool.

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 01:13 AM
PSO2es will finally get a shop function. Now you can buy and sell crap anywhere.

Edit: Requires Premium?

Sizustar
Apr 5, 2015, 01:22 AM
PSO2es will finally get a shop function. Now you can buy and sell crap anywhere.

Seems to be..

Premium+Rappy Coin/AC

Kondibon
Did they get actual players to do ult lilipa with them?
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/medium/000/010/100/dis%20gon%20be%20good.gif

nephie

require premium + rappy medal

also, you get 100% boost from getting hit by umbra, not by hitting him.
they do want the player to gather on one spot, not spreading out like usual.

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 01:24 AM
What's the name of the new hybrid technique?

LonelyGaruga
Did they get actual players to do ult lilipa with them?

The wand user they're showing is a Te/Fo. All of my disappointment.

TaigaUC
also, you get 100% boost from getting hit by umbra, not by hitting him.
they do want the player to gather on one spot, not spreading out like usual.

Oh yeah, it was "nagurare" or something, right? Getting hit, not hitting. I knew that sounded odd.
Thanks.

What's the name of the new hybrid technique?

FOMELGION!

Screenshots here:
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/

Mattykins
Apr 5, 2015, 01:26 AM
Fire weak confirmed for Ult Lilipa

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 01:30 AM
5% more crit damage which happens 5% of the time by default, so half a level of APPR for a gain of 0.25% damage on average. You'd need to take points out of something else to put into ZRC to convert that to a 2.75% gain for 10 SP, which only works when ZRC works, i.e. not on Dead Approach, Reverse Tap or attacks at range. I'd rather keep 5 points in APPR and 5 points in the end leg of RATK Up - that's 50 ATK :o

As a Gu/Ra, PP regeneration is done with TMGs as a rifle generally has a Weak Bullet loaded into it and launchers, if you're using them, are pretty bad at it. You could use a gunslash if you want to make palette space for it, but then you're suffering gear decay (not to mention gaijin weapon swap lag) to refill a little faster. The net difference in PP regeneration is virtually nil as the game stores remainders for PP regen and carries them over. You're literally getting something for nothing. I'm not particularly concerned that it's only most effective under ZRC seeing as if you're doing Gunner right, it'd be in effect anyway.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 01:35 AM
And then the wand using Te/Fo finishes the boss. This is clearly a farce.

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 01:36 AM
While watching this playthrought I was like : "Why do you use dat fkin Rafoie on a boss like that ? USE SAFOIE, U'LL DO 3 TIMES THE DAMAGE YOU ARE DOING NAO FOR DAH SAME PP COST!"

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 01:36 AM
The new compound tech is named Fomelgion, really? Really?

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 01:38 AM
Btw, which weapon did they open earlier? I meant, the potential description shown ..... I think I saw "PP" on the description .......

oratank
Apr 5, 2015, 01:39 AM

better than megidfoion

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 01:39 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Hje2-7qkavI/TUYnuKR0oSI/AAAAAAAABtA/_0-bnX5dgWA/s1600/1+DSC07159.JPG[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 01:40 AM
"Folmegion" feels more natural than "Fomelgion". Still not a great name.

Next year we'll get combination combination techs called Giongiongion.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 01:40 AM

Would you rather them call it dragon of the darkness flame?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 01:41 AM
While watching this playthrought I was like : "Why do you use dat fkin Rafoie on a boss like that ? USE SAFOIE, U'LL DO 3 TIMES THE DAMAGE YOU ARE DOING NAO FOR DAH SAME PP COST!"

The fact that they didn't even use Wand Lovers should say enough about how bad they were at Te/Fo.

I don't really blame them though, they were given an awful build by Sega and possibly never played Techer or Force in their entire time playing, so it's justified that they might play less than ideally.

Would you rather them call it dragon of the darkness flame?

When using it, autoword of "I am DarkFlameMaster!" is required.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 01:41 AM
The ice/light one is probably gonna be granbarion or something.

nephie
Apr 5, 2015, 01:42 AM
I can see people using fomelgion for mining base defense... along with AIS beam LOL

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 01:45 AM
I can see people using fomelgion for mining base defense... along with AIS beam LOLThrow in some rangers using sphere erasers and sat canons, and some Ketos Imerias for good measure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKTpWi5itOM

yoshiblue
Couldn't they have just brought back Nos and Dam technic names back?

Maenara
The ice/light one is probably gonna be granbarion or something.

Bargrion
Grabion
Garbrion

Selphea
As a Gu/Ra, PP regeneration is done with TMGs as a rifle generally has a Weak Bullet loaded into it and launchers, if you're using them, are pretty bad at it. You could use a gunslash if you want to make palette space for it, but then you're suffering gear decay (not to mention gaijin weapon swap lag) to refill a little faster. The net difference in PP regeneration is virtually nil as the game stores remainders for PP regen and carries them over. You're literally getting something for nothing. I'm not particularly concerned that it's only most effective under ZRC seeing as if you're doing Gunner right, it'd be in effect anyway.

Well to put it in perspective, with 10SP I can do either:

- Half APPR + Half RATK Up + ZRC + TMG Mastery
- 7.8 PP per combo
- 2.75% damage under ZRC conditions

or:

- Full APPR + Full RATK Up
- 8 PP per combo
- 50 RATK x 1.397 = 69 RATK with Drink + Shifta ~= 2.76% unconditionally, assuming a rate of 25 RATK = 1% damage.

Regardless whether I'm doing Gunner right or not, it doesn't seem like a very worthwhile tradeoff.

I can see dropping 10 pts RATK Up completely for ZRC + TMG Mastery, and combining it with full APPR for PP management, especially with GuHu which doesn't have Tactics Trap, needs to spend more PP to do the same damage as GuRa and could use a 10SP dump to raise damage.

On GuRa though, I'm having trouble seeing how what's essentially a tool for better sustain i.e. PP management is needed when GuRa essentially bursts everything down before PP regain becomes a factor, and can throw Stun Grenade for a shot of extra PP if needed.

cheapgunner
I can see people using fomelgion for mining base defense... along with AIS beam LOL

Seems even more useful after zondeel'ing a mob together. Heh, a weaker AIS beam ffor Force/Techer class users.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 01:47 AM
Side note: Cheapest fire element rail lender is now over 10mil (ele stance steampunk dual blades). Fire dio lextear is probably worse in price tag about now.

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 01:50 AM
How much are Fire PSHs worth now?

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 01:52 AM
o_o; I thought Fire was a common element! Why are people making weapons only now?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 01:53 AM
There was literally never a need for fire element for melee/ranged weapons outside of Naberius natives.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 01:55 AM
Couldn't they have just brought back Nos and Dam technic names back?That doesn't really work for combo element techs unless you want noszondezan and damfoiemegid.

Acdually Damfoiemegid sounds pretty cool.

EDIT: I will never, ever stop calling it filet mignon though.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 01:55 AM
They're talking about PSH and Rail Lander though - those are Ele Stance/EWH class weapons.

nephie
Apr 5, 2015, 01:58 AM
well good thing that I keep all those fire tekked fire talis from magatsu which has ulti-buster, time to sell for $$$

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 01:59 AM
They're talking about PSH and Rail Lander though - those are Ele Stance/EWH class weapons.

I know. That's what I'm talking about. The only enemies weak to fire that don't have another elemental weakness that is more common are Naberius natives (since wind is the least common weakness, and Tundra natives only have fire). Insect darkers have light and Coast mobs have ice.

Especially for Pristine Small Hammer, there was no reason to make a fire one before, because, as Naberius natives were the only enemies to use fire on, King Yede Club was far superior. But PSH drops from Magatsu like candy anyway, so anyone can easily get a 50 fire one through just random drops. Dunno about the DBs though, really don't see a reason not to have fire already unless you just don't do Forest/Tundra regularly.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 02:00 AM
Well there's one 29 fire dio lextear in shops for 3mil... next is 50 fire over 7mil.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 02:09 AM
I know. That's what I'm talking about. The only enemies weak to fire that don't have another elemental weakness that is more common are Naberius natives (since wind is the least common weakness, and Tundra natives only have fire). Insect darkers have light and Coast mobs have ice.

Especially for Pristine Small Hammer, there was no reason to make a fire one before, because, as Naberius natives were the only enemies to use fire on, King Yede Club was far superior. But PSH drops from Magatsu like candy anyway, so anyone can easily get a 50 fire one through just random drops. Dunno about the DBs though, really don't see a reason not to have fire already unless you just don't do Forest/Tundra regularly.

El Dagan, Agrani and Gwana Nero too, they're kind of common in TD/Mothership/Darker Den quests. In TDs and other Darker EQs I run with Fire/Light just because they show up so often.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 5, 2015, 02:12 AM
stream is ded for firesword, what do

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 02:13 AM
It lives again.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 5, 2015, 02:14 AM
It lives again.

ya i refreshed

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 02:14 AM
So after this, the only weapon types without Ult PAs are Wired Lance, Twin Daggers, Assault Rifle, and Katana.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 02:15 AM
El Dagan, Agrani and Gwana Nero too, they're kind of common in TD/Mothership/Darker Den quests. In TDs and other Darker EQs I run with Fire/Light just because they show up so often.

Why would you make a weapon for one enemy and two rare mobs? Either way though, a Dagacha Wand or Mangus Grin would be better there, since they have better damage than Pristine Small Hammer for darkers.

Though yeah, DBs. But there's really not much reason not to have a fire DB, just defending the wand thing here.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 02:24 AM
Why would you make a weapon for one enemy and two rare mobs? Either way though, a Dagacha Wand or Mangus Grin would be better there, since they have better damage than Pristine Small Hammer for darkers.

Though yeah, DBs. But there's really not much reason not to have a fire DB, just defending the wand thing here.

My reasoning was that the Natives are so weak that I'd rather use weapons with generic pots and have the option to switch to Fire weapons on rare darkers. If Rockbear is a non-fight and Banthers die in 45 seconds, it seems more important to be able to stunlock a rare Darker boss in a TD than worry about killing the pushover Native bosses even faster.

(Could have gone race hunter TMGs, went with elemental weakness ones instead).

But they'll get me if the next UQ is weak to Lightning. Have a ton of Machine Hunters from Burial Saw to Mizer Bullet to the weapons that you'd actually expect to be machine hunters.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 02:27 AM
But...you can one-flinch kill Gwanahda Nero and flinch lock Dark Agrani anyway, and El Dagan die almost instantly regardless of weakness, so the reasoning is similar with them anyway. And you wouldn't use a Pristine Small Hammer for either natives or darkers since superior alternatives exist. Ultimate Lilipa marks the first enemies to actually warrant a fire Pristine Small Hammer.

Though Summit Moon, Ideal Hexe, and Ares Wand are all superior. But they aren't super common or purchasable.

EDIT: Well, OK, TD boosted Agrani wouldn't be flinch locked very easily, but bossing as Techer isn't a very good idea in TD anyway.

Alma
Apr 5, 2015, 02:27 AM
so i assume all the new 13* set got some kind of pp slayer potent judging from these screenshot?
CMIIW

[SPOILER-BOX]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8752/16831253317_9f68aeb40d_c.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 02:32 AM
so i assume all the new 13* set got some kind of pp slayer potent judging from these screenshot?
CMIIW

[SPOILER-BOX]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8752/16831253317_9f68aeb40d_c.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Looks like it. Wonder why this series is called "Slave" though. Someone at Sega watched too much 50 Shades?

Aine
Apr 5, 2015, 02:35 AM
Boosts S/R/T-ATK when your PP is 50% or over.

Get dem PP craft saikis ready

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 02:36 AM
Was so close with my "Spirit Collector prediction", indeed, it is about PP too.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 02:37 AM
Boosts S/R/T-ATK when your PP is 50% or over.

The wand is gonna be amazing unless the damage bonus is too low.

Was so close with my "Spirit Collector prediction", indeed, it is about PP too.

...how is that even close.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 02:39 AM
Well to put it in perspective -snip-

The 25 Atk to 1% figure is one that's been quoted since before 13*s. At present, our characters base Atk are probably making the smallest contribution to our overall Atk they ever have in the history of the game, with 13*s having absurd Atk values along with a higher elemental contribution. As you probably know, that quoted rate diminishes with higher Atk; +50 at 1000 isn't the same as +50 at 3000. Unless the R-Atk Ups get a buff some point down the line, it's question of a skill that will see greater obsolescence as anything but filler versus a skill that's future proofed against the current trend of equipment eclipsing our base Atk.

But this is assuming you even choose to make the sacrifice to back it with ZRC to begin with, which I didn't even bring up initially. Even by itself, it's a net loss of nothing (I really can't stress that enough; as far as Sat Aim is concerned, 7.8 is the exact same as 8 for any realistic PP ceiling) that will spring to life as soon as you walk into a Bouncer's Crit field. To reiterate, a Gu/Ra makes no compromise to their PP regen and gains a situational damage boost. No, it's not Episode 2 SRJAB, but the tree is still better with it than it is without it.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 02:41 AM
Oh, the stone weps actually have a good latent? Everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 02:42 AM
New 13* dual blade and katana both have exactly 5 more S-atk at +10 than Ares weapons.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 02:43 AM
Oh, the stone weps actually have a good latent? Everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpgWe don't know what the bonus is yet. It could turn out to be crap.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 02:53 AM
The word is reverse PP slayer. Hopefully it has enough atk value to take DB Bo/Hu out of DB Fi/Bo's shadow, at least a little maybe...

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 02:58 AM
If it's named White Heart, that will make my day.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 03:05 AM
If it's named White Heart, that will make my day.

http://i.imgur.com/4Z5OstJ.png

Mattykins
Apr 5, 2015, 03:06 AM
Sooo, dat Pioneer 2.

Xaeris
Too obvious. I'm calling it Black Kidney until I hear otherwise.

Maenara
Roulette coming the the casino.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 03:07 AM
Gal Gryphon confirmed.

ArcaneTechs
All that Nostalgia, Pioneer 2 lobby the only way to go

Psycl0ne
Sooo, dat Pioneer 2.

gave me chillz

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 03:10 AM
So, I guess, maybe Episode 4 will involve a matterboard that goes back to PSO1, and they'll explain the link between Red Ring Rico and Matoi?
Something like that.

Mattykins
Apr 5, 2015, 03:13 AM
I hope it's just a nostalgia trip and Sega doesn't try to awkwardly incorporate this into the story without a damn good reason.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 03:14 AM
Whelp, anyone who's ever been upset regarding the disparity between the number of options in women's and men's clothing now has a solution! kek

ArcaneTechs
Apr 5, 2015, 03:14 AM
Probably have Pioneer 2 specific lobbies for fighting Gal Gryphon or something on the course of only being able to fight it in that lobby. it leaves this lobby open for Sega to bring in old ep1/2 maps/bosses for people to stay in that lobby and play. guess we'll find out the closer we are to that date

Meteor Weapon
Apr 5, 2015, 03:17 AM
ANy youtube links about the Gal Gryphon?

Alma
Apr 5, 2015, 03:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxLqJ_rpYA0

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 03:21 AM
The 25 Atk to 1% figure is one that's been quoted since before 13*s. At present, our characters base Atk are probably making the smallest contribution to our overall Atk they ever have in the history of the game, with 13*s having absurd Atk values along with a higher elemental contribution. As you probably know, that quoted rate diminishes with higher Atk; +50 at 1000 isn't the same as +50 at 3000. Unless the R-Atk Ups get a buff some point down the line, it's question of a skill that will see greater obsolescence as anything but filler versus a skill that's future proofed against the current trend of equipment eclipsing our base Atk.

But this is assuming you even choose to make the sacrifice to back it with ZRC to begin with, which I didn't even bring up initially. Even by itself, it's a net loss of nothing (I really can't stress that enough; as far as Sat Aim is concerned, 7.8 is the exact same as 8 for any realistic PP ceiling) that will spring to life as soon as you walk into a Bouncer's Crit field. To reiterate, a Gu/Ra makes no compromise to their PP regen and gains a situational damage boost. No, it's not Episode 2 SRJAB, but the tree is still better with it than it is without it.

In that case, it's a question of teeny tiny bit better specialization vs better cross-compatibility. TMGs get ~1% better in ZRC conditions, but Launcher, Bullet Bow, Rifle, Dual Blades or any other weapon used in a Gu/X combo loses half their benefit from APPR. Maybe it's playstyle-dependent but I use non-TMG weapons a lot even as Gu, and I don't think anyone mobs with WB loaded, or swaps from Launcher to TMGs to shoot for PP to fire another Cluster Bullet, so that's still not a very compelling skill IMO.

wefwq
Apr 5, 2015, 03:27 AM
So, with those new small additional skills are they planning to deliver skill reset pass again, make new excube SP CO, or do nothing at all?

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 03:27 AM
All right, we can come to an accord with that then.

If I do recall, there is a precedent for them releasing a handful of new skills without giving us reset passes, so it's definitely possible here.

Goukezitsu
Apr 5, 2015, 03:29 AM
Ultimate Lilipa Playthrough if you missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGMvjFkurvY

Nitro Vordex
Skill resets are likely.

I'd like to know if Pioneer 2 is a lobby, a team room, what. Because shit's barren, yo.

TaigaUC
Whelp, anyone who's ever been upset regarding the disparity between the number of options in women's and men's clothing now has a solution! kek

What solution are you referring to?

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 03:31 AM
Ultimate Aquatic Darkers have Dark Falz Elder/Falz Arm coloration. This suggests Dark Falz Apprentice will be black and red like Yuga insect darkers.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 03:31 AM
What solution are you referring to?

Ah, nevermind that. I'm not watching the stream so I'm depending on team chat for info. Mistook some speculation for something that was actually displayed.

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 03:34 AM
Oh.

That new wedding dress at the end looked nice.
Couldn't see if that character had new twin tails.
Gonna have to recheck later.

Mattykins
Apr 5, 2015, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Aquatic Darkers have Dark Falz Elder/Falz Arm coloration. This suggests Dark Falz Apprentice will be black and red like Yuga insect darkers.

Where's this? Did I leave the stream too early?

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 03:50 AM
Where's this? Did I leave the stream too early?

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Ultimate-Lillipa.jpg

You can see a Yuga Wonda shield in the bottom right.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 03:51 AM
Yaknow, Gal might be a VR thing. It's already been established that VR stuff is a thing with XQs and CQs.
There was something similar in PSP2 with forest, caves, and mines. Then again PSP2 had more homages to the original PSO than PSO2 does. >_>

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 03:53 AM
I imagine it's gonna get more and more difficult to unlock the combination techs as they add more Ultimate areas.
Because people will be spread out across them and I'm sure the newer ones will have vastly greater incentives.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 03:55 AM
I was thinking that too. I need to quit being lazy and get Zandeon for my techer (force has it already) before the hype train departs for Lillipa.

TaigaUC
Apr 5, 2015, 04:00 AM
Seems like they're trying to keep people doing the Ultimates by having unique PAs and Techs for each of them.
Kinda like AQs. Boring-ass incentives.
I guess that also means the next Ultimate will have new stuff again.
How long has UQ Nab been in? 4 months? So I guess that means new PAs every 4 months.

Also get the feeling they might revive the black Chalteria because it's so popular.
They like to do that.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 04:01 AM
I imagine it's gonna get more and more difficult to unlock the combination techs as they add more Ultimate areas.
Because people will be spread out across them and I'm sure the newer ones will have vastly greater incentives.

I was thinking that too. I need to quit being lazy and get Zandeon for my techer (force has it already) before the hype train departs for Lillipa.

If all you need to do is kill 70 enemies you could do it with a single party. It shouldn't be TOO bad. I agree that locking a tech behind content that isn't designed to be soloed is pretty glare worthy though though.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 5, 2015, 04:01 AM
Reason why Ultimate Lilipa mechs weak to fire= They haven't adapted/cant handle overheat very well.

Well I guess that's logical enough.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 04:04 AM
Reason why Ultimate Lilipa mechs weak to fire= They haven't adapted/cant handle overheat very well.

Well I guess that's logical enough.Better than anything I can come up with for forest Natives being weak to wind.

Meteor Weapon
Apr 5, 2015, 04:08 AM
Well someone in the playthrough briefly explained themselves about it. The area itself is named Undestroyed(?) Tunnels Lilipa. So I'm guessing a distortion in Lilipa enabled Arks to get through into Lilipa of the past where as Destroyed World Naberius is the future of Naberius...or past well I dunno, maybe Ultimate Naberius is a Dinosaur age of Naberius lol

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 04:19 AM
Well someone in the playthrough briefly explained themselves about it. The area itself is named Undestroyed(?) Tunnels Lilipa. So I'm guessing a distortion in Lilipa enabled Arks to get through into Lilipa of the past where as Destroyed World Naberius is the future of Naberius...or past well I dunno, maybe Ultimate Naberius is a Dinosaur age of Naberius lolI figured they were alternate realities (One where the native creatures became fully corrupted, and one where lilipa was never destroyed?), or possibly not even that, just particularly dangerous regions of the planets.

AlphaBlob
Apr 5, 2015, 04:27 AM
It's pretty cool that they're adding PSO1 content, can't wait to go back to that lobby and I hope they add a lot to this.

wefwq
Apr 5, 2015, 04:51 AM
Still no new PA for katana eh :-?
Well at least new DB PA looks pretty cool, might add to combo if it's actually decent.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 5, 2015, 04:52 AM
So, Fire weakness it is in the end, well i already got a Bert Rodan ready:-P. Btw, that new 13* potential is pretty interesting, we just need to know by how much the Atk will be raised (pretty granted it'll be at least on par with Black Heart), and they look cool too8-). But to think those Fire elem changer rose so much.... gotta get more money.

But, i'm wondering where is that Advance quest update they talked about, i thought they were going to say more about that, though i'm not completely sure it was at that broadcast.

Also, +1 for the mutli affix search addition, finally....

On a side note : Gal Gryphon is back, cool!:D But i would have prefered Olga Flow:-P

EDIT : almost forgot, no 12* passes or 11* unit passes?

wefwq
Apr 5, 2015, 04:58 AM
So, Fire weakness it is in the end, well i already got a Bert Rodan ready:-P. Btw, that new 13* potential is pretty interesting, we just need to know by how much the Atk will be raised (pretty granted it'll be at least on par with Black Heart), and they look cool too8-). But to think those Fire elem changer rose so much.... gotta get more money.

But, i'm wondering where is that Advance quest update they talked about, i thought they were going to say more about that, though i'm not completely sure it was at that broadcast.

On a side note : Gal Gryphon is back, cool!:D But i would have prefered Olga Flow:-P

No trading passes for higher rarity equipments for now even with pretty high demand among players, it's already been answered on the last broadcast that they didn't have plan to add it now but still possible in the future.

They're probably waiting to add more variation for each weapons/unit before add an trading option for it.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 05:14 AM
Well at least new DB PA looks pretty cool, might add to combo if it's actually decent.

Looking at the video (http://youtu.be/NGMvjFkurvY3t=7m10s), the player Dispersions at full Gear for ~1.7k. Divide by 1.2 means average hit of 1.4. He did the new PA 4 times. Each time, the PA cost 20PP.

First Time (No Gear, no JA): 1.6k, 3.7k, total 5.3k
Second Time (Gear 1, JA): 2.5k, 5.2k, total 7.7k
Third Time (Gear 1, JA): 2.3k, 5.7k, total 8k
Fourth Time (Gear 2, JA): 2.7k, 5.7k, total 8.4k

Hypothetical first time with JA: 2k, 4.8k, total = 6.8k

My estimate is it's around 4-5 Dispersion hits, closer to 5, which should put its power rating in the mid-700s range. Seems like a Satellite Aim-class attack. Scaling with Gear seems to be higher than normal, especially since he's using a Slave which is supposed to get weaker on low PP, but could be RNG weirdness or Fury Combo (was he using Fury Stance?)

KazukiQZ
Apr 5, 2015, 06:03 AM
^I think he's using Guard Stance.

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 06:05 AM
^I think he's using Guard Stance.

He is

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 06:08 AM
Again?

Well that explains his (lack of) damage, but geez...

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 06:14 AM

er, sorry for quoting a late post ......

But, looking at the screenshot, is it possible for it to give extra PP per hit? Looking at the video from YouTube (Page 8 here), it's a very fast PP regen (from Tmg perspective), like using Lv10 APPR.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/h2d1u/6564bb2248.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If it is indeed +1PP per hit, literally we got Lv10 APPR for Tmg only (and for 5 SP too, with extra small damage bonus for critical) ......

Cyber Meteor
Apr 5, 2015, 06:14 AM
My Kestrel Rampage dmg is beween 3.5-4k each hit on non weak point, non-elemental weakness (using a Dark Sol Rishell with Break Stance), his dmg was 1.7k each hit using 13* DB at pot lvl3 with 60 Fire^^;, WTF?!!

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 06:17 AM
My Kestrel Rampage dmg is beween 3.5-4k each hit on non weak point, non-elemental weakness (using a Dark Sol Rishell with Break Stance), his dmg was 1.7k each hit using 13* DB at pot lvl3 with 60 Fire^^;, WTF?!!

WTF = Guard Stance :D

Perfect Chaos
Apr 5, 2015, 06:17 AM
But to think those Fire elem changer rose so much.... gotta get more money.They dropped to around 5 million the last time I checked. I had one that I scratched over a month ago and held onto. Should have sold it for 8 million when I had the chance. >_<

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 06:24 AM
er, sorry for quoting a late post ......

But, looking at the screenshot, is it possible for it to give extra PP per hit? Looking at the video from YouTube (Page 8 here), it's a very fast PP regen (from Tmg perspective), like using Lv10 APPR.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/h2d1u/6564bb2248.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

If it is indeed +1PP per hit, literally we got Lv10 APPR for Tmg only (and for 5 SP too, with extra small damage bonus for critical) ......

XD, I didn't even consider this. Good catch. If we could get that tooltip window translated, that would be great.

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 06:27 AM
XD, I didn't even consider this. Good catch. If we could get that tooltip window translated, that would be great.

Well, I can't read the kanjis, and I don't know if the player in the video got Lv10 APPR or not XD

And yeah, it's still a possibility :3

Cyber Meteor
Apr 5, 2015, 06:31 AM
They dropped to around 5 million the last time I checked. I had one that I scratched over a month ago and held onto. Should have sold it for 8 million when I had the chance. >_<

You mean, they're right now at 5 Mil? i saw some posts before in this thread where it was said they got to 10 Mil...., well then good for me, i got 65 Mil atm

WTF = Guard Stance :D

I know, and it also reminds me, no Break or Elemental Stance used too. Which makes me wonder how while being a party of 3, they got rid of bosses pretty quickly? maybe lower HP than Ult Nab?

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 06:39 AM

I have all of the details in my PSO2 Updates/Maintenance thread regarding what we know about the upcoming April, May, and June updates now. It has a repository of all the news from the event organized, if people are interested.

The translated description of the new Class Skill for TMGs:

Gunner: T Machine Gun Mastery
Increases the amount of PP recovered. Acquire a damage bonus with Criticals. (Main Class Only)

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 06:52 AM
Thanks! Hmm, well, that doesn't tell me what I'd like to know. It really does make more sense for the PP recovered to be per hit rather than per volley since the base PP recovered works on the same structure. If that gets factored into APPR, that's a total regeneration of 17.6 per standing volleys 1 and 2 [((1+1.2)x2)x4))], 22 for standing volley 3 [((1+1.2)x2)x5))], and 19.2 for stylish roll volleys [((2+1.2)x2)x3))].

...Excuse me, I was drooling. Sega pls, gimme this one thing. Just this one.

Korazenn
Apr 5, 2015, 06:57 AM
Thanks! Hmm, well, that doesn't tell me what I'd like to know. It really does make more sense for the PP recovered to be per hit rather than per volley since the base PP recovered works on the same structure. If that gets factored into APPR, that's a total regeneration of 17.6 per standing volleys 1 and 2 [((1+1.2)x2)x4))], 22 for standing volley 3 [((1+1.2)x2)x5))], and 19.2 for stylish roll volleys [((2+1.2)x2)x3))].

I'll join you in that ceremonious drooling. ^^

Rakurai
Apr 5, 2015, 06:59 AM
Wonder how generous the i-frames on Jet Boots Escape is.

If you can just ignore hits with Moment Gale's shift action, that would be pretty ridiculous for mobbing.

EDIT: It apparently only lasts for a split second after you hit shift according to the tooltip, so it still takes timing.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 07:04 AM

If it works like Deband PP/Elemental PP, it's applied after APPR, so:

(Base 1 PP per hit x 200% APPR) + 1 Mastery = 3PP per hit, 12PP-15PP per volley.

Personally I've been spoiled by the Bouncer PP skills so 5 points to get another PP isn't going to do much for me ;)

isCasted
Apr 5, 2015, 07:05 AM
makes me wonder how while being a party of 3, they got rid of bosses pretty quickly? maybe lower HP than Ult Nab?

They generally lower difficulty of everything when showcasing content on livestreams, I believe. It was like that with TD, Loser and Ult Naberius (maybe even CM), at least. It still doesn't prevent these players' performance from looking terrible, but at least things get killed.

Xaeris
Apr 5, 2015, 07:16 AM
Still good. Not quite the gamechanger it would be if it synergized with APPR, but that's 39 PP back in a full combo versus 26. I'll definitely get it if it is indeed on a per bullet basis. Just a matter of where to draw the SP from...

Alisha
Apr 5, 2015, 07:17 AM
I hope it's just a nostalgia trip and Sega doesn't try to awkwardly incorporate this into the story without a damn good reason.

they did exactly that in infinity though >_>

Dia79
Apr 5, 2015, 07:35 AM

Hi guys , didnt have time to watch the live stream so i wonder what infos we got so far about those new 13s like what kind of potential or base dmg we will have ?

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 07:54 AM
The "slave" serie will have a potent that may act like Black Heart, when you are under 50% of PP, your attack increase, they are a little stronger than Ares.

Dia79
Apr 5, 2015, 07:55 AM
The "slave" serie will have a potent that may act like Black Heart, when you are under 50% of PP, your attack increase, they are a little stronger than Ares.

mmm considering the 10% u get from ares? those have more dmg at +10?

Chimeria
Apr 5, 2015, 07:57 AM
I KNEW IT! I FREAKIN' KNEW IT!!
I was just waiting for something from PSO to show up and here they give us an actual Pioneer 2 lobby to run around in PLUS Gal Gryphon?! I'm so hyped for that. *Takes a breather*

I think out of everything they showed in the conference, I'm most excited about that. Hopefully there's some quests and a bit of story to explain the reasoning behind it. And hopefully we see some other areas and bosses eventually. I can bet there will be PSO-related items released around that time too. Oh man, I can't wait. :-D

Other than that the multi-affix search thing sounds promising. This will make customizing so much more manageable...I heard that the devs plan to make PSO2 last for around 8 years? With updates like this, I can only imagine what bigger plans they have in store for the future.

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 08:12 AM
mmm considering the 10% u get from ares? those have more dmg at +10?

My bad, i meant the base atk. They have more than Ares with base atk.

Z-0
Apr 5, 2015, 08:18 AM
No, you get increased attack when you have 50% or more PP, not the other way around. It's an opposite version of PP Slayer.

Perfect Chaos
Apr 5, 2015, 08:22 AM
The "slave" serie will have a potent that may act like Black Heart, when you are under 50% of PP, your attack increase, they are a little stronger than Ares.It's already established that it'll be the opposite of Black Heart, where it triggers when you have OVER 50% PP. The only thing not known is the actual amount that the stat increases by.

(EDIT: Ninja'd. Should have refreshed the page...)

I was just waiting for something from PSO to show up and here they give us an actual Pioneer 2 lobbyA little too early to jump to conclusions that it'll be a lobby. It could might as well just be a team room location (and would be more logical to thing so, too, considering how different the layout it is compared to the current lobby).

Poyonche
Apr 5, 2015, 08:48 AM
On the roadmap, it is written we will get a PSO 15th anniversary Team room. So I guess Pioneer 2 is a team room.

Unnamed Player
Apr 5, 2015, 09:03 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://t22.imgup.net/vlcsnap-20d749.png[/SPOILER-BOX]^ watch this be some kind of limited quest

Chimeria
Apr 5, 2015, 09:32 AM
A little too early to jump to conclusions that it'll be a lobby. It could might as well just be a team room location (and would be more logical to thing so, too, considering how different the layout it is compared to the current lobby).

Ah, yeah this is true...In my excitement, I didn't even think of that. :-p
After watching the video again, I did notice there were no NPCs so I'm pretty sure you're right about the team room. It still looks pretty badass though.

GHNeko
Apr 5, 2015, 09:50 AM
Those JB skills

KREYGASM

What a time to be a BO JB main!

The Gear boost will make Vinto Gigur a lot more useful since it'll take much less time to max out meter.

Also

That Pioneer 2.

Kreygasm

Cyber Meteor
Apr 5, 2015, 09:55 AM
It still looks pretty badass though.

If you're refering to the PSO1 lobby/Team room, it really looks like they kept the same graphics than in PSO1 for that, which is kinda meh. But since they've put 1 video over anohther when moving into it, well there is still some doubts i have, but having rewatch the trailer about 4 times, it really really looks like we'll get the same graphics than in PSO1. At least they remade the Gal Gryphon, no doubts here.

EDIT : rewatched again, with pausing and doing everything i could with the Youtube player. While i really can't discern the actual graphic looks, it indeed seems it's PSO1 graphics but a little polished (in the Chief's room before going to Gal Gryphon, it's a bit noticeable). So until further information about it, i'll say "WTF Sega? Seriously....."

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 10:09 AM
Those JB skills

KREYGASM

What a time to be a BO JB main!

The Gear boost will make Vinto Gigur a lot more useful since it'll take much less time to max out meter.

It's funny there's still no reason to be Bo main for DBs but I'm not complaining. Quite happy that making a Jet Boots BoFi is paying off, although I have a feeling I'll still be using rainbow Bo-usable daggers.

GHNeko
Apr 5, 2015, 11:20 AM
It's funny there's still no reason to be Bo main for DBs but I'm not complaining. Quite happy that making a Jet Boots BoFi is paying off, although I have a feeling I'll still be using rainbow Bo-usable daggers.

I'm a BO/BR JB user so I'm just happy that I'm getting a little more out of JB considering how spread out I am lol.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 5, 2015, 11:31 AM
I was just waiting for something from PSO to show up and here they give us an actual Pioneer 2 lobby to run around in PLUS Gal Gryphon?! I'm so hyped for that. *Takes a breather*

Well they outright said they'd be implementing something from PSO, along with some other PSO-related things on the roadmap, and Gal Gryphon was datamined months ago. Like, 2014? Yeah.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://t22.imgup.net/vlcsnap-20d749.png[/SPOILER-BOX]^ watch this be some kind of limited quest

Roadmap says there's an LQ update, so yeah it will be.

Fi/Bo still has Limit Break though, and that new Limit Break skill. Seems like some stiff competition unless the Gear skill is significant.

GHNeko
Apr 5, 2015, 11:35 AM
All the new JB skills do is increase your gear gain rate and give you JGs for shift actions on JB PAs, so yeah it doesnt really compare to old LB, nevermind new and improved LB lol.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 12:02 PM
The new LB skill makes more sense on classes with PP management issues - it'll be a godsend for my Bow FiBr. But Bo doesn't really need more PP.

With Boots and Bo though, Switch Strike to get >1000 base ATK + option to use Fi (or Hu) weapons with said 1000 base ATK + new and improved invincible frames + easier Vinto is making Bo main quite attractive. Boots will hopefully end up like the current Katana Braver meta where both Br/X with Combat Escape and Fi/Br with Limit Break are viable.

wefwq
Apr 5, 2015, 12:31 PM
[spoiler-box]http://t22.imgup.net/vlcsnap-20d749.png[/spoiler-box]^ watch this be some kind of limited quest
It'll be similar to knight gear quest back then, but probably after the quest expire they'll make this baddie as rare random encounter like they did to cougar and knight gear.

Maenara
Apr 5, 2015, 02:19 PM
It's all but confirmed that Gal Gryphon is a LQ boss.

Deidaku
Apr 5, 2015, 02:33 PM
PSO1 pioneer 2....

I want to fight boomas now..

But really go overkill on them with PSO2 PAs x)

Stealthcmc1974
Apr 5, 2015, 02:59 PM
All I want with Gal Gryphon and Pioneer 2 is a PSO scratch. Give me that, and I can die happy.

Freshellent
Apr 5, 2015, 03:02 PM
Well, if I said I wasn't interested I'd be lying. I'm curious to see if that lobby is really a lobby or just a room for teams or something.

I'll still need to catch up on the last few updates. I really enjoyed Bouncer but it seems like it might be worth checking out other classes again.

Unnamed Player
Apr 5, 2015, 03:23 PM
after the quest expire they'll make this baddie as rare random encounter like they did to cougar and knight gear.At the very least they should give him the Dark Ragne treatment and make him a TA boss, the cliffs of Gal Da Val Island are such a great battlefield and i don't wanna see them go to waste. :(

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 03:29 PM
Well, if I said I wasn't interested I'd be lying. I'm curious to see if that lobby is really a lobby or just a room for teams or something.

I'll still need to catch up on the last few updates. I really enjoyed Bouncer but it seems like it might be worth checking out other classes again.

I'm with you on the checking out other classes.

DBs did kinda got the short end of the stick.

The PA does fill in what DBs were missing functionally (something fast, with front-loaded damage, and doesn't involve absurd displacement on use). But even then, it appears to ground the user when used midair like gekka.

Problem is, outside of some new 13*s, there's no chance of the rainbow DB Fi/Bo meta breaking.

They squandered a chance at exploring what they could do with fields by just throwing in a few more JB-exclusive skills instead of giving BO more fluid/useful support on their fields that would be worth maining BO for instead.

Anyway, what are the chances of getting this (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/phantasystar/images/7/79/HUnewear_clothes.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140525044320) with the 15th anneversary? :P

Charmeleon
Apr 5, 2015, 03:47 PM
The JB gear boost skill doesn't really seem too useful for building gear solely to Vinto, since it'll still take exactly two tech charges (or one with Chvaia Tiger) to max your gauge.

Not too thrilled about most of the new main class skills, but at least Counter Bonus will help bridge the gap between BR and FI main, even though it surely won't close it.

The DS version of Other Spin looks pretty neat if it's as strong as Chaos Riser (will probably be weaker because it's ranged). And of course TMG Shunka and Partisan Flash Thousand... lol. Don't know what to think about the DB and GS PAs.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 5, 2015, 03:58 PM
If you're refering to the PSO1 lobby/Team room, it really looks like they kept the same graphics than in PSO1 for that, which is kinda meh. But since they've put 1 video over anohther when moving into it, well there is still some doubts i have, but having rewatch the trailer about 4 times, it really really looks like we'll get the same graphics than in PSO1. At least they remade the Gal Gryphon, no doubts here.

EDIT : rewatched again, with pausing and doing everything i could with the Youtube player. While i really can't discern the actual graphic looks, it indeed seems it's PSO1 graphics but a little polished (in the Chief's room before going to Gal Gryphon, it's a bit noticeable). So until further information about it, i'll say "WTF Sega? Seriously....."
Probably just an HD remix treatment. Like how they did with older weapons like Photon Launcher.

lostinseganet
Apr 5, 2015, 04:55 PM
Better than anything I can come up with for forest Natives being weak to wind.

The forest wants the woodland creatures out! its used wind to give them terrible paper cuts

Rakurai
Apr 5, 2015, 05:02 PM
I'm glad they finally gave Gunner a proper gap closing PA.

I don't think Dead Approach is going to be very popular anymore when you've got something that travels farther and tracks your current target.

Xaelouse
Apr 5, 2015, 05:17 PM
Partizan PA looks pretty niche. It also costs as much as BHS in PP
GS PA looks like yet another slash rave, unless it has some really unique property like i-frames or a lot of horizontal range. All I'm seeing is just Knuckles syndrome of having a lot of flashy samey PAs making each other redundant.
Double Saber PA should be enough to solidify double sabers as the go-to FI weapon for mobbing, if chaos riser wasn't enough already.
TMGs gets a gap closer that actually works with their modifiers. Cool.

PP guard will be fantastic. You'll know if you're a HU player
new LB skill looks like fun with PP slayer
no comment on the rest
but fuck you Sega, BO didn't need more JB-only main-class only stuff.
However, gear boost should be useful. Remember, BO/HU offensive techs are a waste of PP, support techs dont do damage (or change your element unwillingly), and those new 12* boots does not compare to an ideal weapon.

Sp-24
Apr 5, 2015, 05:27 PM
I'm glad they finally gave Gunner a proper gap closing PA.

I don't think Dead Approach is going to be very popular anymore when you've got something that travels farther and tracks your current target.
It also works with the palette switch timeout by applying a mini-SA while you're trying to change to the real thing, so there's really little reason to suffer through Dead Approach.

Selphea
Apr 5, 2015, 05:39 PM
There's no Satellite Aim at the end of the new TMG PA, the player JAed into Satellite Aim by themselves.

Surprised that it's yet another striking-based gap closer like Heel Stab and Dead Approach. I'll need to get some hands-on before a final verdict, but Dead Approach still has a couple advantages. It's no-nonsense and high DPS, so it can be used as an air dash or Chain Finish filler.

Sp-24
Apr 5, 2015, 06:16 PM
Oh, my bad.

That PA seems to be mixed, not strictly S-ATK based. The part where the gunner flails around in the air is striking (I assume), but then he stops to shoot a few times while there's still SA on the palette, so it must be a part of the PA as well. So, Heel Stab, yeah. I'm just gonna hope you don't have to charge it to travel farther.

Good point on Chain Trigger. But, while Dead Approach may have its uses, the whole thing with 6 weapon palettes is just too restricting. Gunner's PAs barely work with one another, and this one doesn't look like it changes that in any way. So we still need to put 3 of the same PA on each palette (lest it hurts Satellite Aim, Shift Period and Elder Rebellion spam), and dedicating 2 of them to slightly different approach options seems like a waste.

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 07:22 PM
Personally I'd rather have a long range approach that deals ranged damage, than have a short ranged pure striking damage approach with gunner. Especially if it doesn't need to be charged. :/

ArcaneTechs
Apr 5, 2015, 07:59 PM
Personally I'd rather have a long range approach that deals ranged damage, than have a short ranged pure striking damage approach with gunner. Especially if it doesn't need to be charged. :/

but GU is meant to be close/mid range play class! Sega said so! good far ranged damage is forbidden!

Kondibon
Apr 5, 2015, 08:58 PM
but GU is meant to be close/mid range play class! Sega said so! good far ranged damage is forbidden!I know this is a joke, but I said ranged damage, not hitting from farther away. The reason I say this is because ZRA doesn't work for striking damage anyway, and it's even worse if you're going Gu/Ra when it doesn't work with WHA.

Unless you're talking about me saying long range, in which case I mean it takes you farther than Dead Approach. One of gunners biggest weaknesses has been that they don't have a way to cover a decent amount of ground quickly without spending a bunch of PP.

EDIT: Speaking of PP it looks like it costs 20.

oratank
Apr 5, 2015, 09:05 PM
Dead Approach can travel without destroy your chain build

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 09:53 PM
just throwing this out there, I have a fire element リカウテリ (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%AA%E3%82%AB%E3%82%A6%E3%83%86%E3% 83%AA) in my shop. Unaffixed/ungrinded, cheapest fire element there by a mil. Go get it while it's hot (get it?).

Sizustar
Apr 5, 2015, 10:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Xpdk5pf.jpg

Z-0
Apr 5, 2015, 10:49 PM
So worse than Ares, leet.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 5, 2015, 10:51 PM
Someone explain what I'm looking at.

final_attack
Apr 5, 2015, 10:52 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Xpdk5pf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Oh? Er ... can't read the kanjis, but, I assume ..... that weapon potential's attack bonus is almost / probably identical with BlackHeart latent, then?