PDA

View Full Version : Sega changing how Ship transfers work

EvilMag
Apr 3, 2015, 08:45 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=5877

From what I'm getting from this, it looks like you will only get successfully transfered to a another ship after scheduled Maintenance every week.

I guess this is their response for all the heavy server load. Maybe Maggy will go back to being random again..?

Happening after the 22nd.

AlphaBlob
Apr 3, 2015, 08:53 PM
Character got deleted in the process.

Compensation:
1 +100% Tri Boost

Dephinix
Apr 3, 2015, 08:58 PM
-Applause- Happy joy joy.

Vintasticvin
Apr 3, 2015, 09:15 PM
Character got deleted in the process.

Compensation:
1 +100% Tri Boost

Ouch :(

wefwq
Apr 3, 2015, 10:37 PM
What feature will they downgrade/cutout next?

pkemr4
Apr 3, 2015, 11:16 PM
im guessing this is there response to people changing ships after magatsus

Maenara
Apr 4, 2015, 12:02 AM
What feature will they downgrade/cutout next?

Attention players, due to strategies gaining a fair advantage against everything, the Ranger class, its weapons, and its skills have been deleted. In addition, all players who have exploited strategies by using the Ranger class have been banned.

TaigaUC
Apr 4, 2015, 01:39 AM
Great. Let's hope they think of a way to prevent the massive lag from tons of people changing blocks during EQs.

And that it doesn't involve screwing Friend Partners any further.

un1t27
Apr 4, 2015, 01:44 AM
Good.

Poyonche
Apr 4, 2015, 06:49 AM
"In order to reduces lag during pre-EQ phase, we decided to remove EQ announcements. In addition, the block changing being the lag's cause, there will be only 1 Block which will support N Difficulty only. Thanks your for your comprehension"

"A Triboost 50% will be distributed at a later date."

elryan
Apr 4, 2015, 07:16 AM
Awesome change. People should not be able to change ship just so they can do Magatsu twice.

There's a fucking reason that SEGA split EQs at certain hours into two ship groups, and that is to reduce lag.

Psycl0ne
Apr 4, 2015, 07:24 AM
if it reduces lag, I'm all for it.

Neith
Apr 4, 2015, 07:29 AM
People actually transferred ship just to get another shot at Magatsu? :disapprove:

Sayara
Apr 4, 2015, 07:32 AM
The power of 3d geometry baby!

It should have been this way in the first place :V

PSchiZ
Apr 4, 2015, 07:43 AM
I thought Magatsu was account locked though?

Sayara
Apr 4, 2015, 07:46 AM
Its locked to 4 times per EQ.
So if ship 2 has a Magatsu they get 4 runs+Golden run

then Ship 4 has Magatsu, they move to Ship 4, 4 runs+Golden run

PSchiZ
Apr 4, 2015, 07:47 AM
LOL

Sega ya dun screwed up

again

wefwq
Apr 4, 2015, 08:17 AM
Attention players, due to strategies gaining a fair advantage against everything, the Ranger class, its weapons, and its skills have been deleted. In addition, all players who have exploited strategies by using the Ranger class have been banned.
Due to high demand of ship transfer, we have to extend this week maintenance by 3 hours.

*) PS: no compensation

Keilyn
Apr 4, 2015, 08:23 AM
I still remember being accused of making things up in regards to ranger weak bullet. Although I did not like the language used in the exchange, the respondent asked "What kind of retard makes something like weak bulletor even uses it?" and im like "see for yourself"

Now that player runs Ranger/Braver 75/75 thinking its the best thing since sliced bread. :)

When I play this game I joke around and tell people who know me "yeah, I have a character who specializes in bullshit, and others who don't specialize in it...I guess its all how I feel."

Z-0
Apr 4, 2015, 08:42 AM
I can't believe people are fucking praising SEGA for this.

This is like 2 steps backwards, not forwards...

Awesome change. People should not be able to change ship just so they can do Magatsu twice.

There's a fucking reason that SEGA split EQs at certain hours into two ship groups, and that is to reduce lag.
People don't do this, they just have multiple characters on each pair of ships. They don't transfer ships everytime there's a back-to-back split EQ, lol.

Achelousaurus
Apr 4, 2015, 09:36 AM
People actually transferred ship just to get another shot at Magatsu? :disapprove:
My thoughts exactly.

Doesn't concern me cause I don't intend to change ships though.
TBH compared to removing free friend partners this is nothing even worth mentioning.
Pretty sure that holds true for both, player inconvenience as well lag reduction.

Macmaxi
Apr 4, 2015, 09:44 AM
If that was really the case they could have just linked the 4 runs to both split EQ's and be done with it. I can hardly imagine people paying AC to get a few more cubes. Do people eat these things?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 4, 2015, 11:51 AM
I still remember being accused of making things up in regards to ranger weak bullet. Although I did not like the language used in the exchange, the respondent asked "What kind of retard makes something like weak bulletor even uses it?" and im like "see for yourself"

Now that player runs Ranger/Braver 75/75 thinking its the best thing since sliced bread. :)

When I play this game I joke around and tell people who know me "yeah, I have a character who specializes in bullshit, and others who don't specialize in it...I guess its all how I feel."

How is this relevant to the discussion at hand in any way?

On-topic, this is a terrible decision by Sega. Might as well disable ship transfers at this point and call it a day. And the comments about reducing lag? How about, oh, I don't know, upgrading the servers?

TheszNuts
Apr 4, 2015, 02:10 PM
Isn't there a wait limit after moving ships? Seems to be too much effort and resources to be efficient.

Xaelouse
Apr 4, 2015, 02:19 PM
This doesn't really change anything currently but I guess it's a prelude to Magatsu becoming random again

pkemr4
Apr 4, 2015, 02:34 PM
Given the amount of cubes you can get (100+ still) i doubt they will make it random

Mattykins
Apr 4, 2015, 03:17 PM
Sega should just balance EQ rewards, for fuck's sake. No reason for me to be getting a hundreds of cubes from Magatsu when Elder, even with full boosts on XH, has not dropped even a single rare for me at least once in recent times. There are too many EQs that are totally worthless that offer almost no rewards, and then there's Magatsu.

red1228
Apr 4, 2015, 04:10 PM
Sega should just balance EQ rewards, for fuck's sake. No reason for me to be getting a hundreds of cubes from Magatsu when Elder, even with full boosts on XH, has not dropped even a single rare for me at least once in recent times. There are too many EQs that are totally worthless that offer almost no rewards, and then there's Magatsu.

It's White Beast from PSU all over again...

Dephinix
Apr 4, 2015, 07:24 PM

People don't do this, they just have multiple characters on each pair of ships. They don't transfer ships everytime there's a back-to-back split EQ, lol.

So what's the issue then?

Z-0
Apr 4, 2015, 07:32 PM
The issue is that it makes transferring ships more inconvenient when you want to do it, either because a random EQ comes up, or you need to move for a friend or some other reason.

Want to transfer on Thursday? Tough luck bitch, gotta wait until Wednesday to finally play on another ship. I mean sure it's not really that long, but there's absolutely no reason to be praising this because it just makes things inconvenient for the player for no reason at all. If it supposedly causes lag or server problems, SEGA should be working to fix them, not causing more inconveniences like they already have with Free Partners and the Visiphone searches..

Just because you don't transfer ships doesn't mean this isn't a stupid update.

Korazenn
Apr 4, 2015, 07:57 PM

Agreed.

In this modern age, everything is built around being instantaneous. Doing the opposite of that when you have to pay a sum of money just to transfer your character to another ship to begin with is asinine.

It's also highly unreliable to ask us to pay upfront and then wait until maintenance for us to get our character transferred; we have no idea what types of repercussions that could have on the stability of our account data in terms of character progression because our character's transfer is in the hands of SEGA until the next week. I can understand if it was a high volume of transfers happening at once and taxing the servers, but if that's the case, why not just make a waitlist instead of such a larger restriction that everyone is affected by?

I'm thinking of this in the way that buying WM works, where companies and WM dealers get a certain amount WM and give that out to their customers and those at the end of the waitlist need to wait until the company gets enough to give them more as well. That makes so much more sense in my head than this proposed plan.

So much this (in that I agree with you, Z-0)! Haha. ^

I used to have multiple characters on two ships (Ship 2 / 5), but I eventually just came in full to Ship 2. I think I once even had a character on Ship 1 as well when I first started playing. lol

To me, if someone can (and is) willing to manage having multiple characters on a ship or (for some reason) pays to get their character transferred to another ship 'just' to do an EQ twice, then I think that means the player is just highly dedicated to the game. I can understand if this is related to cutting down on server lag, but it doesn't change the fact that it solves one problem by proposing another.

JaysonL
Apr 4, 2015, 09:19 PM
They could have just made ship transfers cost more like ~2000 yen. The new system doesn't change the purpose of Ship Transfers. There is a one week cool down on ship transfers anyways so I don't see the problem with the new system. It is less convenient but it still fulfills its purpose. I don't care for it either way but some of you are blowing it way out of proportion.

Server transfers for most games isn't a feature where you use repeatedly. Its for when you actually need it to play with a friend you just met switch happens to play a different server, when you feel like starting fresh on a another server and ect... Pricing it at 350 yen is just asking people to abuse it which is clearly what happened even if they refuse to admit it.

yoshiblue
Apr 4, 2015, 09:31 PM
Agreed.
[SPOILER-BOX]
In this modern age, everything is built around being instantaneous. Doing the opposite of that when you have to pay a sum of money just to transfer your character to another ship to begin with is asinine.

It's also highly unreliable to ask us to pay upfront and then wait until maintenance for us to get our character transferred; we have no idea what types of repercussions that could have on the stability of our account data in terms of character progression because our character's transfer is in the hands of SEGA until the next week. I can understand if it was a high volume of transfers happening at once and taxing the servers, but if that's the case, why not just make a waitlist instead of such a larger restriction that everyone is affected by?

I'm thinking of this in the way that buying WM works, where companies and WM dealers get a certain amount WM and give that out to their customers and those at the end of the waitlist need to wait until the company gets enough to give them more as well. That makes so much more sense in my head than this proposed plan.

So much this (in that I agree with you, Z-0)! Haha. ^

I used to have multiple characters on two ships (Ship 2 / 5), but I eventually just came in full to Ship 2. I think I once even had a character on Ship 1 as well when I first started playing. lol

To me, if someone can (and is) willing to manage having multiple characters on a ship or (for some reason) pays to get their character transferred to another ship 'just' to do an EQ twice, then I think that means the player is just highly dedicated to the game. I can understand if this is related to cutting down on server lag, but it doesn't change the fact that it solves one problem by proposing another[/SPOILER-BOX].

From the sounds of this, it sounds like a win win for them.

Either they make money from your transfers or they make money from your new characters. Underhanded bypasses aside.

Korazenn
Apr 4, 2015, 10:13 PM
Server transfers for most games isn't a feature where you use repeatedly.

No one is blowing this out of proportion. We're just offering other solutions that were possible and make sense in the long run. I've seen more joke comments than anything else so far. lol

In this case, if there were people abusing this feature, they could just make a limit to be one ship transfer per day or every 3 days. In fact, doing so would be meeting us half-way at a compromise (it would be an instantaneous move, but you have to wait until moving again to prevent people from abusing the feature).

steeltamashii
Apr 4, 2015, 11:35 PM
What's that? SEGA screwed something up? Wow, that like never happens!

-_-

Sarcastic line aside, asking SEGA to compromise at this point would be absolutely moot. I get the feeling they just kinda do whatever they feel like until they've screwed the pooch so much that it's beyond repair. Not to mention, a player outside of Japan asking them to change their ways? I can imagine the laughter now in SEGA's HQ as they disparage those "filthy gaijin" for ever dreaming of thinking they had a say in what goes on in this game.