PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Hunter is getting some more love <3

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 5, 2015, 05:38 PM
They seem to be reducing the charge time on the charge PA's. This is great because those PA's are very strong, the only thing that ruins them is the stupid long charge.

Now I will have an excuse to use more than just sonic arrow>sonic arrow>sonic arrow (second sword) sacrificial bite>overend >overend.

Or a mix of sacrificial bite> sonic arrow > sonic arrow for mobbing.

Rupikachu
Apr 5, 2015, 05:46 PM
I thought Fury gear fixed that already a while ago O_o

Nitro Vordex
Apr 5, 2015, 05:47 PM
You could just put this in the podcast thread you know, instead of making a bunch of topics.

Xaelouse
Apr 5, 2015, 05:56 PM
ride slasher will be pretty ridiculous, but the most important change is to guilty break as that is the dedicated gap closer that was only good at level 3 gear

Sora3100
Apr 5, 2015, 05:57 PM
Wonder if this is gonna affect challenge mode?

Miles064
Apr 5, 2015, 05:59 PM
Am I the only one that thought swords were great before? Pretty much my go to weapon for bossing, mobbing, or surviving. I'm going to have to check out these HU buffs for sure.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 5, 2015, 06:06 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227639

Nitro Vordex
Apr 5, 2015, 06:43 PM
Am I the only one that thought swords were great before? Pretty much my go to weapon for bossing, mobbing, or surviving. I'm going to have to check out these HU buffs for sure.
According to general consensus on PSOW, sorta. They can, but every other weapon can do its job, and better.

Allegedly.

Raujinn
Apr 5, 2015, 07:20 PM
I like swords.

(Welcome to Corneria)

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 5, 2015, 07:33 PM
I thought Fury gear fixed that already a while ago O_o

Not really, it did help don't get me wrong, but it still wasn't enough IMO. I've tried the charged PA's during ep3 and they still felt lackluster due to the long charge times even with a full gear.

By the time you charge a PA everything is already dead. Plus, if you are soloing you can get hit while charging. Sonic Arrow and Overend are still king.

No sword PA comes close to the usability of sonic arrow. It's fast, it build gear quick, it hits decently hard (with a full gear each hit does 6K x3). It's also very safe since you can quickly go into the guard if you need to.

However, I do agree that sword was already a good weapon ever since all of its buffs from ep3. But this is a very welcome buff though :D

Lostbob117
Apr 5, 2015, 07:55 PM
It's more than likely to help swords in C-Mode

FacelessRed
Apr 6, 2015, 07:17 AM
I'm skeptical of it. It may be a significant charge decrease for no gear, but with gear may be the same.

However Those who like swords, No you're not alone. At least those who know how to use them.

Trying to explain to someone that doing 5x faster damage at 1/5th the damage scale is the same dps is getting old. Yes, the situations vary, that's why you have multiple weapons to use.

However I do look forward to it. Sonic arrow sucks now though, but I may give it a go again.

But why in hell do people use Ride slasher? It's friggin terrible.

Achelousaurus
Apr 6, 2015, 07:41 AM
I really hope it makes sword more viable.

Sword is the ultimate burst damage weapon in this game. Sure, other weapons allow for massive burst damage every once in a while but to get decent damage with sword you always have to be in a state of short time boosts.

Add that it can take like 10 seconds to set up the boost state and that it ends after at most 40 seconds but less if you can't keep up gear and it's extremely unreliable and annoying to use.

Especially when you get bad luck with enemy/boss ais and they force you to dodge for a while or bosses bury or move out of reach or something.
If the timing is bad this can make fighting really long and a chore.

Especially when you think about neither Partizan nor Wired Lance needing any setup at all.

Terrence
Apr 6, 2015, 08:46 AM
Indeed. That's why I'm waiting for those changes... And for those Ignition Parry "adjustments". Any information about them already ?

wefwq
Apr 6, 2015, 08:58 AM
I'm glad they still have some attention to sword.
Finally i can goes rampage with rising edge once again.

Charmeleon
Apr 6, 2015, 09:50 AM
But why in hell do people use Ride slasher? It's friggin terrible.

Ride Slasher is one of the best Sword PAs. You're using sword wrong if you're not using it. It builds gear very quickly on top of being a quite powerful PA.

Poyonche
Apr 6, 2015, 09:57 AM
Indeed. That's why I'm waiting for those changes... And for those Ignition Parry "adjustments". Any information about them already ?

Maybe easier to "parry" the attacks ? That would be quite cool.

Macmaxi
Apr 6, 2015, 10:02 AM
It would make more sense that you get the Parry frames on the startup of the PA instead of having to hit the PA first and then hit Shift. Just Guarding might be easy, but that kinda throws off the timing by a lot, not to mention the useless range of the PA itself.

Shunx
Apr 6, 2015, 10:54 AM
Still waiting on Gu buff.

Hu serves no purpose outside of Subclass :c

GHNeko
Apr 6, 2015, 10:59 AM
Still waiting on Gu buff.

Hu serves no purpose outside of Subclass :c

Havnt you heard from PS Crew? GU is fine. You just need to gitgud.

Kappa.

Shunx
Apr 6, 2015, 11:08 AM
Havnt you heard from PS Crew? GU is fine. You just need to gitgud.

Kappa.

Pls.

200k Sat Aims with Chain Trig/Weak Bullet is fun and all, but I want my 500k per tick pls.

Superia
Apr 6, 2015, 11:21 AM
I really hope it makes sword more viable.

Sword is the ultimate burst damage weapon in this game. Sure, other weapons allow for massive burst damage every once in a while but to get decent damage with sword you always have to be in a state of short time boosts.

Add that it can take like 10 seconds to set up the boost state and that it ends after at most 40 seconds but less if you can't keep up gear and it's extremely unreliable and annoying to use.

Especially when you get bad luck with enemy/boss ais and they force you to dodge for a while or bosses bury or move out of reach or something.
If the timing is bad this can make fighting really long and a chore.

Especially when you think about neither Partizan nor Wired Lance needing any setup at all.

Ultimate burst damage?

RadiantLegend
Apr 6, 2015, 12:00 PM
By the time you war brave + sacrifice bite + PA start up, things are long dead.

Achelousaurus
Apr 6, 2015, 12:27 PM
Ultimate burst damage?
...weapon.
Makes no sense if you don't even quote the whole term. As I said, it's not about the damage but the gameplay.

FacelessRed
Apr 6, 2015, 01:59 PM
Ride Slasher is one of the best Sword PAs. You're using sword wrong if you're not using it. It builds gear very quickly on top of being a quite powerful PA.

Seriously, tell me why. because for me its absolute garbage. Damage is bad, control is bad.

Why bad damage? cause the enemy you wanna hit you fly by and dont do squat to em. Is there a trick to the move I don't know about? Cause hitting an enemy once with a full charge of Ride slasher and not killing them instantly is a waste of time.

Charmeleon
Apr 6, 2015, 02:43 PM
Seriously, tell me why. because for me its absolute garbage. Damage is bad, control is bad.

Why bad damage? cause the enemy you wanna hit you fly by and dont do squat to em. Is there a trick to the move I don't know about? Cause hitting an enemy once with a full charge of Ride slasher and not killing them instantly is a waste of time.

It's good for mobbing and hitting large hitboxes many times for decent damage while also being great at building gear because it functions decently without a maxed gauge. With Fury Gear Boost it only takes about 3 hits to max your gauge, and that's very easy to attain just by surfing into a bunch of mobs with a level one charge. Check this video to see how it should be used:

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJSSQw5ZfLQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJSSQw5ZfLQ[/spoiler-box]

It's also great in Challenge Mode for M9's Fang Banther room, although you don't have the luxury of Fury Gear Boost, so it takes a little longer to max your gauge.

Edit: On topic though, I'm guessing that charge times will be reduced for gear levels 1 and 2, but not for level 3. Level 3 charge times are good enough for the most part. Ignition Parrying did need a buff, although I'm guessing it still won't be that great after the change.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 6, 2015, 02:58 PM
It's good for mobbing and hitting large hitboxes many times for decent damage while also being great at building gear because it functions decently without a maxed gauge. With Fury Gear Boost it only takes about 3 hits to max your gauge, and that's very easy to attain just by surfing into a bunch of mobs with a level one charge. Check this video to see how it should be used:

[spoiler-box]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJSSQw5ZfLQ[/spoiler-box]

It's also great in Challenge Mode for M9's Fang Banther room, although you don't have the luxury of Fury Gear Boost, so it takes a little longer to max your gauge.

Edit: On topic though, I'm guessing that charge times will be reduced for gear levels 1 and 2, but not for level 3. Level 3 charge times are good enough for the most part. Ignition Parrying did need a buff, although I'm guessing it still won't be that great after the change.

That guy is very good :D

However when I joined his PT as a FO/TE he would rarely hit things. Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i'm better than him or anything. I'm just simply pointing out that by the time he charges his sword pa my nerfed ilmegid would have cleared all those mobs already. When soloing yes this look very cool and pretty but when you are TAing with 3 other players and two of those other players happen to be lvl 75/75 fo's then it's not so pretty for ride slasher.

Regardless the guy def puts in work. I've joined a couple of his locked TA PT's and they always go very smoothly.

FacelessRed
Apr 6, 2015, 03:14 PM
31k per hit isn't bad damage, but I could do that with nova strike without the added problem of sliding around and or missing. I'll stick to nova and rising, especially because I do not like the concept of riding my sword. (I think it looks silly and doesn't fit my characters theme)

LonelyGaruga
Apr 6, 2015, 03:31 PM
However when I joined his PT as a FO/TE he would rarely hit things. Now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i'm better than him or anything. I'm just simply pointing out that by the time he charges his sword pa my nerfed ilmegid would have cleared all those mobs already. When soloing yes this look very cool and pretty but when you are TAing with 3 other players and two of those other players happen to be lvl 75/75 fo's then it's not so pretty for ride slasher.

That would go for everything sword could do, though.

31k per hit isn't bad damage, but I could do that with nova strike without the added problem of sliding around and or missing. I'll stick to nova and rising, especially because I do not like the concept of riding my sword. (I think it looks silly and doesn't fit my characters theme)

Ride Slasher is factually stronger than both Rising Edge and Nova Strike. They all do 100% of their power notation when fully charged, Rising is 20% of 2010 for five hits (402 power per hit), Nova Strike is 25% of 1895 for four hits (473 power per hit), and Ride Slasher is 25% of 2214 for four hits (553 power per hit). Ride Slasher is also factually a faster attack with less cooldown. The only issue is the difficulty of landing all the hits, which is no difficulty at all if you're using it on the right targets. Particularly with bosses, you shouldn't be whiffing any of its hits unless you're inept at using it.

And using something as ridiculous as character theme as a reason not to use it practically automatically disqualifies you from making any valid argument about a PA's usefulness. You pretty much stop playing for efficiency at that point, so your opinion isn't really useful in this kind of discussion.

Raujinn
Apr 6, 2015, 03:33 PM
Do you jump before using Ride Slasher? Never use Ride Slasher from the ground (using it mid-air cancels out the first part of the animation).

Great Pan
Apr 6, 2015, 08:01 PM
OE>other sword PAs, period.

Miles064
Apr 6, 2015, 08:09 PM
Rising edge>twister fall>nova strike masterrace

Terrence
Apr 6, 2015, 10:58 PM
Ignition Parrying did need a buff, although I'm guessing it still won't be that great after the change.
Ignition Parry is not so bad against weak points without having to activate it but you have to JG it in any other situation to make it worth using it. And that's where this PA fails at the moment. Being harder (less time) to JG is a thing. But its JG timing/tempo is really weird and unstable. If only this could be fixed, I'd be happy.

Kondibon
Apr 6, 2015, 11:23 PM
It's possible they might make ignite parry auto counter the first hit you take or something. I don't see why it has to be manual in a PA, even if it does come with a damage bonus.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 6, 2015, 11:44 PM
Ignition Parry is not so bad against weak points without having to activate it

Why would you use Ignition Parry over other, more damaging and PP efficient PAs in this context?

Superia
Apr 6, 2015, 11:50 PM
Why would you use Ignition Parry over other, more damaging and PP efficient PAs in this context?

You're using a new 12* Sword with a 30% Ignition Parry damage bonus.

Actually, I feel like it would still get outdamaged.

Terrence
Apr 7, 2015, 12:00 AM
I would not. Almost everything esle is better. Sadly.

Xaelouse
Apr 7, 2015, 12:15 AM
They need to make it auto-JA. It'll be a much better counter move with that change alone since it will shift from being a preemptive counter to a reactive one.