TaigaUC
Apr 8, 2015, 12:05 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20150408/

Bunny tail revival, as expected.
No recolors for Zestiria outfits.
Gloveless Chelsea Repca.
White garter tights revived yet again.

Fun scratch: http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/
Stabilizer revived again. Wasn't it just on the Xie FUN Shop?

final_attack
Apr 8, 2015, 01:08 AM
Never knew it was on Xie's FUN Shop o-o
Probably they put it there again because Stabilizer B is available now.

Still ..... not sure what to get this time .... Probably Layla / Roze costume, but not sure until I've tried it on Shino o-o

And It seems I want more on those Fun scratch, rather than AC scratch atm ...... those shields and Stabilizer o-o

Or probably I can just save up for +140 units, should there's a boost day again o-o

Sayara
Apr 8, 2015, 05:33 AM
Gentlemen the return of Eggman CD is among us.
Let us enjoy!

(This scratch is meh)

TaigaUC
Apr 8, 2015, 05:58 AM
Yeah, I can't imagine this scratch being popular.
I was thinking maybe the Chelsea stuff might be nice, but the colors are all messed up.
If only there was a bare leg version...

Rakurai
Apr 8, 2015, 06:07 AM
I got the Dezel costume and hat for my gunner.

Holding out to see if the hairstyle gets cheaper. It's nice that both the Dezel and Lailah hairstyles are two tone, but I imagine it might affect their pricing for the worst...

Stealthcmc1974
Apr 8, 2015, 08:04 AM
I get recolors for the braver outfits and then Hyuga's outfit. I am pleased enough with the scratch.

Unnamed Player
Apr 8, 2015, 09:10 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://j30.imgup.net/waqfdqwft1e19.png[/SPOILER-BOX]^ Are these auras part of the Scratch? (they should be according to the update trailer O~O )

GHNeko
Apr 8, 2015, 09:18 AM
oh neat
fighter add is back in rotation.

GREAT.

red1228
Apr 8, 2015, 10:17 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://j30.imgup.net/waqfdqwft1e19.png[/SPOILER-BOX]^ Are these auras part of the Scratch? (they should be according to the update trailer O~O )

They are, but much like the Black Chatellier outfit from a previous scratch: Their price has (for the most part) only been going UP. I last checked them at 22+ mil on Ship 02.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2015, 01:04 PM
oh neat
fighter add is back in rotation.

GREAT.

Well that kinda explains why both my mech killer DBs sold at 3.5mil each. Yay.

The scratch is suprisingly 'meh'. The aura is too damn much (15mil atm), and I'm more fond of my improvised chelsea lookalike support partner using sexy china winter with black gloves and socks. Probably will grab a bunny tail or two, with chelsea's voice ticket, and fun scratch LA and call that it.

The recolor of stoa colette is nice if it wasn't for the collar, and foot-shrinking heels.

Vintasticvin
Apr 8, 2015, 01:19 PM
Ilovelovelovelovellllloooooove This new scratch please Sega have the remainder of my anime con dealer room monies!

NoiseHERO
Apr 8, 2015, 02:14 PM
What's with the alpha fedora set, and rose get out of here you maury sue

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2015, 02:21 PM
Anyone else tired of the lack of consistent atmosphere, and 'You got a popular anime series in my PSO' collabs every other scratch?

This just fails as an RPG in immersion thanks to this...

EvilMag
Apr 8, 2015, 02:25 PM
Anyone else tired of the lack of consistent atmosphere, and 'You got a popular anime series in my PSO' collabs every other scratch?

I've been getting annoyed at this ever since the AoT scratch.

Shinmarizu
Apr 8, 2015, 02:27 PM
Likely (1) they cannot, for whatever reason generate their own content (2) they would rather use their own platform to advertise other media.

Why not bring back old PSO1 / other PSU/PSP/PSZ stuff into the fold if you're so strapped for original ideas, SEGA? At least to retain some semblance of identity/pride as a Phantasy Star game.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2015, 02:32 PM
Likely (1) they cannot, for whatever reason generate their own content (2) they would rather use their own platform to advertise other media.

Why not bring back old PSO1 / other PSU/PSP/PSZ stuff into the fold if you're so strapped for original ideas, SEGA? At least to retain some semblance of identity/pride as a Phantasy Star game.

I'm talking to teammates about that right now.

What square does for FF14 is fine.

They collab super sparingly, they don't flood the game with it, and most of the time, it's callbacks to their older FF games anyway. FF14 kept its atmosphere like this.

It's just really... bleh to see them throw the RPG aspects out of the window for what is likely ad revenue.

EvilMag
Apr 8, 2015, 02:33 PM
Even when PSU and PSP2/i did anime collabs it still kept its atmosphere.

Anduril
Apr 8, 2015, 02:37 PM
I'm sure the thought process is to entice new players to try the game if they see a collaboration with their favorite game or franchise, kinda like how they stick new trailers for highly anticipated movies before a specific film that the studio is trying to boost.

strikerhunter
Apr 8, 2015, 02:45 PM
I'm talking to teammates about that right now.

What square does for FF14 is fine.

They collab super sparingly, they don't flood the game with it, and most of the time, it's callbacks to their older FF games anyway. FF14 kept its atmosphere like this.

It's just really... bleh to see them throw the RPG aspects out of the window for what is likely ad revenue.

This x1000

I like the idea of a collab with "x" anime (even if I never heard of it or like) since it adds non-PSO2 content into the game, but when it becomes a consistent thing over originality it gets really boring and lose its taste (especially if you're a male cast). Don't even get me started on the design competition.

It gets even more boring when the original content loses taste leaving you with either just taking collab stuffs or staying with the older stuffs.

Honestly I wish we had collabs like how they did with Cougar and Knight Gear, adds a spice onto the collab rather than the "Oh hey you can dress up as your favorite anime character!" instead of the "Oh hey you can dress up as your favorite anime character and kill x monster/boss from that anime in our game!" because in all honesty I still feel like Cougar is still one of the better bosses.

Shinmarizu
Apr 8, 2015, 02:48 PM
I've been a fan of the Phantasy Star series ever since I played the first one. (I have a Sega Master system and the original game, both still work.) This game we're playing right now does not make a concerted effort to reference its own namesake.

Not to mention whenever it does, it does so in a fairly diluted manner, with little or no effort.

Is it bad that I wish for the 'good old days,' when this was in open beta?

strikerhunter
Apr 8, 2015, 02:51 PM
I've been a fan of the Phantasy Star series ever since I played the first one. (I have a Sega Master system and the original game, both still work.) This game we're playing right now does not make a concerted effort to reference its own namesake.

Not to mention whenever it does, it does so in a fairly diluted manner, with little or no effort.

Is it bad that I wish for the 'good old days,' when this was in open beta?

If the Pioneer 2, Gal Gyphon stuffs, and maybe potential AC scratch that we may all predict comes out right then maybe.

NoiseHERO
Apr 8, 2015, 02:52 PM

This game lost that at release, at first I welcomed the colorful diversity it's just a dungeon crawler action RPG series that never really had a great story (even if you think keeping a story vague means it's anything special @ pso.) so fuck all the immersion stuff right? But then when the alternative is literally magical moe girl cosplay festival where we all race to be Sakais perfect wife, that's when shit is like "dafuq is going on here?"

Don't even get me started on the actual story, how is that shit worse than an arc of bleach.

So yeah this game's atmostphere has been dead at birth, in the very starting direction though it could've ended up something like Freedom Wars if it stayed consistent. But money and SEGA decision making to get said money... and it actually working for once since this game makes all their money now lol... oh well.

So that hyuga outfit right!

Shinmarizu
Apr 8, 2015, 02:59 PM
This x1000

I like collab with "x" anime (even if I never heard of it or like) since it adds non-PSO2 content into the game, but when it becomes a consistent thing over originality it gets really boring and lose its taste (especially if you're a male cast). Don't even get me started on the design competition.

It gets even more boring when the original content loses taste leaving you with either just taking collab stuffs or staying with the older stuffs.

Honestly I wish we had collabs like how they did with Cougar and Knight Gear, adds a spice onto the collab rather than the "Oh hey you can dress up as your favorite anime character!" instead of the "Oh hey you can dress up as your favorite anime character and kill x monster/boss from that anime in our game!" because in all honesty I still feel like Cougar is still one of the better bosses.

I'd say the design competition gives the best AC content out there, aside from Project CUTE. And even then SEGA screws it up. I think I pick up a new outfit for my newearl maybe every 2 months now or so.
There is a disturbing lack of Cast parts, there is no effort to recruit designs for them. (Even Caseals are better treated here.) While I do understand what sells for the playerbase, I don't like how Sega is going about all this nonsense.

Case in point: This AC scratch maybe has 1 outfit I'm interested in. And even then I am not likely getting it. As for the FUN rotation, I may as well wait while the prices for the stuff I want from there are driven down to 1050.

Zorafim
Apr 8, 2015, 03:05 PM
The thing about FFXIV; they put real effort into building their world. I care about the characters, I love the landmarks, everything added in the game has history. When they add in crossover stuff, it doesn't subtract from the game's atmosphere because there's so much of it. Not to mention, the crossover content always fits in the lore of both the games.

But, when all your money comes from new outfits, why bother with any of that right?
/sigh
Sad thing is, I prefer FFXIV's outfits too.

Shinmarizu
Apr 8, 2015, 03:17 PM
If the Pioneer 2, Gal Gyphon stuffs, and maybe potential AC scratch that we may all predict comes out right then maybe.

That's a lot of maybes there.

This game lost that at release, at first I welcomed the colorful diversity it's just a dungeon crawler action RPG series that never really had a great story (even if you think keeping a story vague means it's anything special @ pso.) so fuck all the immersion stuff right? But then when the alternative is literally magical moe girl cosplay festival where we all race to be Sakais perfect wife, that's when shit is like "dafuq is going on here?"

Don't even get me started on the actual story, how is that shit worse than an arc of bleach.

So yeah this game's atmostphere has been dead at birth, in the very starting direction though it could've ended up something like Freedom Wars if it stayed consistent. But money and SEGA decision making to get said money... and it actually working for once since this game makes all their money now lol... oh well.

So that hyuga outfit right!

^ This.

The thing about FFXIV; they put real effort into building their world. I care about the characters, I love the landmarks, everything added in the game has history. When they add in crossover stuff, it doesn't subtract from the game's atmosphere because there's so much of it. Not to mention, the crossover content always fits in the lore of both the games.

But, when all your money comes from new outfits, why bother with any of that right?
/sigh
Sad thing is, I prefer FFXIV's outfits too.

^ Also this.

IMO, saddest part of this whole thing is that world-building, atmosphere, story and such should be established as part of the groundwork for any game of this nature. It feels like the people in charge here are flying by the seats of their pants. No wonder all we deal with is waifu dressup sim and visiphone wars.

strikerhunter
Apr 8, 2015, 03:30 PM
I'd say the design competition gives the best AC content out there, aside from Project CUTE. And even then SEGA screws it up. I think I pick up a new outfit for my newearl maybe every 2 months now or so.
There is a disturbing lack of Cast parts, there is no effort to recruit designs for them. (Even Caseals are better treated here.) While I do understand what sells for the playerbase, I don't like how Sega is going about all this nonsense.

Case in point: This AC scratch maybe has 1 outfit I'm interested in. And even then I am not likely getting it. As for the FUN rotation, I may as well wait while the prices for the stuff I want from there are driven down to 1050.

Design competition is alright, but for me when I see fans create better content than the content creators themselves.............well it feels like they are getting lazier if they aren't already.

As for the cast parts, I'm just going to say what Nose said above along with the atmosphere stuffs Mani and Zora said. Casts are near complete non-existence at this point with uni-race robitic outfits and no parts specifically for casts..

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2015, 03:45 PM
Is it sad up to now I've been trying to keep some semblance of atmosphere within my own character now that I see everything wrong with the RPG portion of this game in words?

Between forever using beley mag, my preference for space-katanas, wearing magia savoir more often than not, and wanting PSO1 hunewearl/rika/nei class identity, I tried to make this a phantasy star game at least to me, but I know it isn't.

It's like a subconcious denial or something.

Welp, I'm pretty sure there's a recolor of magia savior coming within 3 scratches from now.

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 8, 2015, 05:15 PM
Even when PSU and PSP2/i did anime collabs it still kept its atmosphere.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Colonel-Sanders-KFC-Phantasy-Star.jpg
Yes because shit like this totally worked well with the atmosphere. These games have been doing this sort of shit for a while aswell as other rpgs like monster hunter collabing with Madoka so quit your bitching.

NoiseHERO
Apr 8, 2015, 05:17 PM
so quit your bitching.

O.O!!! so intense

Shinmarizu
Apr 8, 2015, 06:02 PM
Is it sad up to now I've been trying to keep some semblance of atmosphere within my own character now that I see everything wrong with the RPG portion of this game in words?

Between forever using beley mag, my preference for space-katanas, wearing magia savoir more often than not, and wanting PSO1 hunewearl/rika/nei class identity, I tried to make this a phantasy star game at least to me, but I know it isn't.

It's like a subconcious denial or something.

Welp, I'm pretty sure there's a recolor of magia savior coming within 3 scratches from now.

Can't blame you for trying. It's your attempt at immersion; wouldn't refer to it as denial.
At least I'm avoiding the outlandish outfits and trying to maintain a certain style or look when it comes to my char. We have our own ways of keeping consistency.

But if the overarching storyline is not pervasive, and the in-game events that take place do not relate strongly to the storyline, there is no real room for the PS mythos/atmosphere/nuance to establish itself. Doesn't help that story content is so few and far between. I actually enjoyed the most recent matterboard, and then realized it only lasted..... 20 minutes?

And it better be a good recolour of the Saviour.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 8, 2015, 06:33 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Colonel-Sanders-KFC-Phantasy-Star.jpg
Yes because shit like this totally worked well with the atmosphere. These games have been doing this sort of shit for a while aswell as other rpgs like monster hunter collabing with Madoka so quit your bitching.

That's not even the best part of it.

The best part of all this is the fact that even though all these people are bitching they still play the game...lol

I always found that very odd. It mind fucks me to be completely honest. It's not just the pso community that does it either. It's a bunch of communities. It's like the call of duty haters they hate COD so much yet they STILL buy and play it, but at the same time they always complain about it.

I feel like i'm very rare when it comes to this, but when I don't like/hate something I do my best to stay away from such things. Its really that simple. If the waifu dress up content of this game bothered so much that i would have to keep bitching about it I would just quit.

Why keep playing something that clearly is fun for you or immersion breaking? Weird.

NoiseHERO
Apr 8, 2015, 06:35 PM
That's not even the best part of it.

The best part of all this is the fact that even though all these people are bitching they still play the game...lol

I always found that very odd. It mind fucks me to be completely honest. It's not just the pso community that does it either. It's a bunch of communities. It's like the call of duty haters they hate COD so much yet they STILL buy and play it, but at the same time they always complain about it.

I feel like i'm very rare when it comes to this, but when I don't like/hate something I do my best to stay away from such things. Its really that simple. If the waifu dress up content of this game bothered so much that i would have to keep bitching about it I would just quit.

Why keep playing something that clearly is fun for you or immersion breaking? Weird.

wow you are squall

also I dun play <_> but people that do have very specific reasons lol

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2015, 06:40 PM
I am growing somewhat disenchanted with the rising frequency of collaborations. I have no problem with collaborations themselves; I even actually liked them to start with when they were just something to fill in the dead space between Episodes. But they've been crutching on them awfully hard as of late. Like, really, how many Fate collaborations do we need? First the original, then ataraxia, and now we've got another one coming in May (or was it June?) barely half a year after the last one.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 8, 2015, 06:46 PM
These games have been doing this sort of shit for a while aswell as other rpgs like monster hunter collabing with Madoka so quit your bitching.

Pretty much this. MH's even worse about it, I don't see what the big deal is. I personally enjoy the collabs, but mostly for the voices, music, posters, superficial stuff really. I just ignore the rest since, indeed, things like outfits and weapon camos don't fit the setting, but I don't really feel that the existence of that stuff detracts from the game itself. But then, I never really saw PSO2 as something that was particularly immersive, considering even within just what Sega makes, you have utterly absurd outfits like bath towels and fundoshi, and plenty of bizarre accessories and weapons (and weapon camos). So it's not like PSO2 has ever been particularly immersive for a long time. If Sega wanted it to be like that, they would. But they don't. So just deal with it.

Though I will say that I think there should be less collabs and more original content, or at least have the collabs dispersed better. I understand the reason for the UBW collab being that its second season starts this month, so it's basically a now or never thing, and Hollow Ataraxia was being remade so it was similar with that, but three Fate collabs is a bit...conspicuous.

Selphea
Apr 8, 2015, 06:56 PM
Unlimited budget works had extra advertising budget to spare.

IDK about immersion though. Arks is essentially a bunch of ragtag mercenaries that don't even have security protocols in place to prevent two people - a nutjob and his masochistic sub - from stealing a WMD. Said WMD happened to be smuggled right into the ship and placed in the hands of an old man under their very noses in the first place.

On top of that, the only semblance of command structure was put in place to promote infighting under the pretext of "balance". Some of Arks' supposed top brass includes an underage brat, a large ham and a sociopath. They also have no strategy for handling the Darkers whatsoever, instead being 100% reactive to whatever the Darkers throw at them first.

Given that defenses are handled by Photons™, I think having 24/7 cosplay fetishists among the Arks fits perfectly with the incompetence and lack of professionalism of Arks in general.

TaigaUC
Apr 8, 2015, 07:09 PM
PSO2 has zero immersion. JP friends constantly say this, and so do I.

I don't mind collabs so much as that there's rarely ever anything I want anymore.
There's something wrong if I can go through several scratches in a row without really wanting anything for any of my 8 characters.
One of my friends has tons of characters and barely ever wants anything from scratch, so it's not just me.

There are still tons and tons of basic things I want for my characters (hairstyles, accessories, simple clothing).
Sadly, SEGA doesn't seem to ever consider implementing them because they're too busy churning out the same few generic things in really bad colors (eg. school uniforms).
For example, I was talking with a female JP friend recently and the topic of braids came up.
Notice how PSO2 barely has any braids? There are the two default hairstyles, the cheap-looking maid one, and the braid accessory. That's it.
It's been three years. Notice how many minor variations we have of the same few types of hairstyles?
It also irritates me that they ignore the design contest hairstyles. I would very much like to have had those.

When SEGA puts stuff in this game, they always ruin it in some way. Everyone agrees on this.
Bad colors, ugly shoes, an unremovable accessory, a weird pattern, etc.
Instead of endless collabos, I would prefer to see those things fixed in some way.
"/F" variations are a small step towards this.
I don't expect them to do this though. A lot of issues with PSO2 feel cemented and they likely have no intention of fixing them until maybe PSO3.

I'm sure that if they focused more on making original things, there'd be a much higher chance of seeing unique, fresh new items instead of collab stuff that looks nearly the same as something we already have.

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2015, 07:17 PM
Which one's the sociopath?

TaigaUC
Apr 8, 2015, 07:22 PM
Reminds me of those PSO2 4-box comics that make fun of how off-their-rocker the ARKS characters are.

Oh yeah, one more thing... I think it's sad that new scratches are often about "I want something new because I'm bored" and not "I want that because it looks nice".

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2015, 08:25 PM

Because there's something likeable in the game that isn't that. Are you being dense on purpose, or just that dumb that you need to be told the obvious?

If the game was both unfun, and immersion breaking, I wouldn't be playing, but it's only one of the two.

Shinmarizu
Apr 8, 2015, 08:27 PM
Pretty much this. MH's even worse about it, I don't see what the big deal is. I personally enjoy the collabs, but mostly for the voices, music, posters, superficial stuff really. I just ignore the rest since, indeed, things like outfits and weapon camos don't fit the setting, but I don't really feel that the existence of that stuff detracts from the game itself. But then, I never really saw PSO2 as something that was particularly immersive, considering even within just what Sega makes, you have utterly absurd outfits like bath towels and fundoshi, and plenty of bizarre accessories and weapons (and weapon camos). So it's not like PSO2 has ever been particularly immersive for a long time. If Sega wanted it to be like that, they would. But they don't. So just deal with it.

Though I will say that I think there should be less collabs and more original content, or at least have the collabs dispersed better. I understand the reason for the UBW collab being that its second season starts this month, so it's basically a now or never thing, and Hollow Ataraxia was being remade so it was similar with that, but three Fate collabs is a bit...conspicuous.

I apologize for being wistful about what could have been a better experience rather than be grateful for what we have. Such matters are out of players' hands anyways, and thus I will deal with it.

The grievances we've been airing aren't focused on just the collabs, but the overall quality vs. quantity in the AC rotation. I understand that this matter is almost purely cosmetic anyway (and there is stuff I do like and purchase within these rotations), but when you get a catalog of (IMO) mostly crap or nonsense, and people buy it anyway, it makes you wonder for a bit. Again, matters of business, economy, opinion, etc., and I will deal with it.

That said, PSO2 is an advertising platform; that's quite clear.

Reminds me of those PSO2 4-box comics that make fun of how off-their-rocker the ARKS characters are.

Oh yeah, one more thing... I think it's sad that new scratches are often about "I want something new because I'm bored" and not "I want that because it looks nice".

...yeah, considering the quality of the majority of stuff they're churning out, that is pretty sad.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah a large part of the gripe is that there are basic aesthetics we don't have in game, uninteresting stuff in collabs most of the time, more collabs now than ever, the 3rd FKING FATE COLLAB COMING...

At the very least it would be nice to be wow'ed by scratches with something. If the overall quality of the shit we get in scratch was good, we probably wouldn't see 12mil+ pricetags from the few people who bother spending money on scratches filled with revivals, recolors, out-of-place collab crap on such a regular basis these days.

I'm not sure if they have an art department at times. There are hairstyle concepts they haven't touched on, tons of simplistic outfit designs they can ARKS-ify in ways (but hopefully not ruin)... there's so much potential (squandered potential everywhere in the game), but hey, let's just do a collab, a few recolors, call it a day.

Shinmarizu
Apr 8, 2015, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure if they have an art department at times. There are hairstyle concepts they haven't touched on, tons of simplistic outfit designs they can ARKS-ify in ways (but hopefully not ruin)... there's so much potential (squandered potential everywhere in the game), but hey, let's just do a collab, a few recolors, call it a day.

And that's where the wistfulness comes in. We know they're capable; they just don't care.

Selphea
Apr 8, 2015, 08:57 PM
Which one's the sociopath?

I thought Casra fits the bill pretty well. Starts off charming, makes thinly-veiled threats to you without batting an eyelid and when Elder awakened he let Zeno sacrifice himself while he got away. Bunch of other things too but those were the standouts.

I'm still waiting for the rest of Project CUTE to be added.

Aeris
Apr 8, 2015, 09:22 PM
I'm more fond of my improvised chelsea lookalike support partner using sexy china winter with black gloves and socks. Probably will grab a bunny tail or two, with chelsea's voice ticket, and fun scratch LA and call that it.

Reminds me i should make my mini support partner like that but just looking different colors and such.

wefwq
Apr 8, 2015, 09:49 PM
Wow this thread turns to shit pretty fast huh.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 8, 2015, 09:56 PM
Wow this thread turns to shit pretty fast huh.

Expressing discontent about SEGA's decisions/overall quality of scratch = thread turning to shit

Okay, fanboy.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 8, 2015, 10:44 PM
Because there's something likeable in the game that isn't that. Are you being dense on purpose, or just that dumb that you need to be told the obvious?

If the game was both unfun, and immersion breaking, I wouldn't be playing, but it's only one of the two.

Well then. Why bitch and complain when you are still going to play the game because there's "something I like". That's pretty stupid IMO. It would be better to just enjoy that aspect of the game itself rather than rant about what you don't like. You pretty much sound like the typical wife that gets the shit beat out of her by her husband but when you get asked "why don't you leave him?" you reply with "well he does beat the shit out of me every now and then, but there are things about him that I still like so I stick around..." lmao.

Like I said, I love this game and that's what keep me playing. I really don't have any issues with it. If I did I wouldn't be bothering with it. Plain and simple.

Xaeris
Apr 8, 2015, 10:51 PM
You pretty much sound like the typical wife that gets the shit beat out of her by her husband but when you get asked "why don't you leave him?" you reply with "well he does beat the shit out of me every now and then, but there are things about him that I still like so I stick around..." lmao.

Um...huh.

Xaelouse
Apr 8, 2015, 10:58 PM
Aren't you happy that you're saving meseta

Kondibon
Apr 8, 2015, 11:07 PM
You pretty much sound like the typical wife that gets the shit beat out of her by her husband but when you get asked "why don't you leave him?" you reply with "well he does beat the shit out of me every now and then, but there are things about him that I still like so I stick around..." lmao.That's not a fair comparison considering no one is at risk for playing the game.

The people who complain about the game the hardest tend to just want to see the game improve. If you're gonna go at someone go at the people who don't even play anymore but come here to complain about the state of the game anyway without even seriously thinking about how they'd want to see it improved.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 8, 2015, 11:17 PM
I thought Casra fits the bill pretty well. Starts off charming, makes thinly-veiled threats to you without batting an eyelid and when Elder awakened he let Zeno sacrifice himself while he got away. Bunch of other things too but those were the standouts.

I'm still waiting for the rest of Project CUTE to be added.

Casra was working for Luther the whole time. He's also a clone of the first Casra, who Luther body snatched, so for a while Casra was pretty much obligated to Luther. He gets better in EP2 though, even though he massively chewed Echo out about how useless she was in Chapter 5, he did it deliberately to stall for time for Quna. Casra letting Zeno die might have been part of Luther's orders, since he was working for Luther first and foremost, he wouldn't really have permission to sacrifice himself. Though, it's also logical to abandon Zeno, even if it's decidedly unkind, if the alternative is them both dying.

While Casra is probably a jerk based on how he seems to deliberately make choices that result in him antagonizing others, he isn't really a sociopath, or he would have played out considerably differently, given that he works for Luther because he feels he has to, and betrays him because he realizes he's wrong to do so from watching the consequences of his actions.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 8, 2015, 11:49 PM
That's not a fair comparison considering no one is at risk for playing the game.

The people who complain about the game the hardest tend to just want to see the game improve. If you're gonna go at someone go at the people who don't even play anymore but come here to complain about the state of the game anyway without even seriously thinking about how they'd want to see it improved.

Though that's very true, but you get the point. Sure he's not in "danger" but both the "wife" and him complaining and being unhappy but still coming back for "more" is the exact same thing.

To tell you the truth the dude should just simply say the truth. "Sure there's a bunch of things that I dislike with this game but i'm a slave to this game and I can't live without it even if the game isn't that good or fun".

I feel like a lot of people here fall into that same category. Like they will complain and complain about how much "fail" this game is, but when maintenance comes around they can't wait for the servers to come back. A better example would be when the DDOS attack happened and most users couldn't log in anymore most of the people who have "issues" with the game were losing their minds because they couldn't connect to a game that they supposedly don't like very much. I'm not going to sit here and call names because i'm not here for a flame war, but they know exactly who they are.

Shinmarizu
Apr 9, 2015, 12:18 AM
In short, we deal with it. Fair enough.

It was just that your comparison of frustration with a game to domestic abuse was extreme.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 9, 2015, 12:18 AM
Though that's very true, but you get the point. Sure he's not in "danger" but both the "wife" and him complaining and being unhappy but still coming back for "more" is the exact same thing.

To tell you the truth the dude should just simply say the truth. "Sure there's a bunch of things that I dislike with this game but i'm a slave to this game and I can't live without it even if the game isn't that good or fun".

I feel like a lot of people here fall into that same category. Like they will complain and complain about how much "fail" this game is, but when maintenance comes around they can't wait for the servers to come back. A better example would be when the DDOS attack happened and most users couldn't log in anymore most of the people who have "issues" with the game were losing their minds because they couldn't connect to a game that they supposedly don't like very much. I'm not going to sit here and call names because i'm not here for a flame war, but they know exactly who they are.

You're pretty much begging for a flame war by implying you know people, especially with shit like

On that note, i couldn't help but notice you said 'I don't find this game fun', when I clearly said I did, and that's one of the reasons why I still play it. I don't, and never did like how SEGA manages their content.

So not only did you pretend to know me when you don't, you proved you failed at even reading a post that told you why I still play this game in plain english.

If you're going to respond to what I post, I'm going to tell you the same thing I tell Terrence; fking read my post before you respond, or stfu. It's that simple.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2015, 12:41 AM
I think the problem here is the assumption that one has to think something is high quality for one to like it. Which isn't true at all.
This is actually something I've been meaning to talk about but haven't really had the chance to. This goes for builds and lots of other things as well. People get caught up in defending something they like instead of thinking about whether or not it can be improved or if there's something better. I see this ALL the time with stuff, and hell, I used to (or maybe even still) do it. There's no contradiction in thinking something you enjoy could be better, and there's nothing wrong with liking something that has parts that bother you.

That said I do think there's a point, particularly in regards to aesthetic design, where you just have to sit down and go "I'm not the target audience for this". Just remember to keep things in perspective.

wefwq
Apr 9, 2015, 12:43 AM
Expressing discontent about SEGA's decisions/overall quality of scratch = thread turning to shit

Okay, fanboy.
Personally i think this scratch are pretty meh, but come on man.

Shinmarizu
Apr 9, 2015, 12:47 AM
I think the problem here is the assumption that one has to think something is high quality for one to like it. Which isn't true at all.
This is actually something I've been meaning to talk about but haven't really had the chance to. This goes for builds and lots of other things as well. People get caught up in defending something they like instead of thinking about whether or not it can be improved or if there's something better. I see this ALL the time with stuff, and hell, I used to (or maybe even still) do it. There's no contradiction in thinking something you enjoy could be better, and there's nothing wrong with liking something that has parts that bother you.

That said I do think there's a point, particularly in regards to aesthetic design, where you just have to sit down and go "I'm not the target audience for this". Just remember to keep things in perspective.

I think we are all guilty of all of that, to some extent. Thanks for bringing this point up.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 9, 2015, 12:48 AM
Personally i think this scratch are pretty meh, but come on man.

I'll level with you, and dial it back; if the thread goes to shit, it's not just because someone thinks content is lacking.

If your comment wasn't aimed at me for saying there's too little original content/atmosphere, and too much collabs/unused potential, I apologize.

Preach it.

Damn that's a tough pill to swallow at times...

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2015, 05:09 AM
What Kondibon said.

But I think pretty much everyone agrees that we have way too many school uniforms.
I've even seen random JP people complaining about it in lobbies.

Anyway, still "playing" (most of my PSO2 time is spent idling) because I like my characters and I don't want to waste more time on these damn MMOs.
I don't want to keep starting new games and then feel like I have to hang around on them for my time to not become a complete waste.
And I have friends on PSO2 that I enjoy talking with.
Whether the game (or scratch) could be better or not is separate from the above, or voicing concerns.

NoiseHERO
Apr 9, 2015, 05:21 AM

Prolly a big part of what makes this community fight like teenage girls is that every new major game is enough in too many ways (even if it keeps the core/base gameflow) that it adds a divider to the community. Newer players are totally fine with it till the game wears on them in general and vets are like "I'm still playing/finding ways to enjoy this because it's phantasy star, but what the fuck it gets worse every time."

Newer they are vs the older they are and you end up with like 12 different general perspectives of the game, mix in frustration from sega being bad and this community being pitiable in general and you have 300 complaint posts a day on PSOW, and 300 people complaining about complainers in an endless negative thought germ loop.

It also seems like every single poster/player eventually goes through the long term process of defending most of the things this game does, to saying they're sick of most of the things.

It's pretty distracting, I enjoy it.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2015, 05:28 AM
But I think pretty much everyone agrees that we have way too many school uniforms.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140723020401/degrassi/images/4/4e/I_respectfully_disagree.gif

But no, I think I'm ok with the... SEVEN school uniform themed outfits we have already. (13 if you count the gym stuff)

Prolly a big part of what makes this community fight like teenage girls is that every new major game is enough in too many ways (even if it keeps the core/base gameflow) that it adds a divider to the community. Newer players are totally fine with it till the game wears on them in general and vets are like "I'm still playing/finding ways to enjoy this because it's phantasy star, but what the fuck it gets worse every time."

Newer they are vs the older they are and you end up with like 12 different general perspectives of the game, mix in frustration from sega being bad and this community being pitiable in general and you have 300 complaint posts a day on PSOW, and 300 people complaining about complainers in an endless negative thought germ loop.

It also seems like every single poster/player eventually goes through the long term process of defending most of the things this game does, to saying they're sick of most of the things.

I was actually pretty discontent with the game has been managed since I found out only premium players could have shops/trade and the first scratch came out. I was like "I can see where this is going :I" and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But, eh, I enjoyed SAO so.... I do think you're right about this being caused by newer and older players clashing, at least part of the time though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 9, 2015, 12:26 PM

I don't think I've ever flip-flopped on what I'd defend, and what I'd hate on with the overall state of the game in recent memory (game is usually fun, not p2w, not pressured into buying premium, or anything for that matter, but SEGA doesn't do enough with it, etc)...

Of course the time spent being so new that I couldn't form a good enough opinion on the state of the game doesn't count.

sesiom000
Apr 9, 2015, 01:11 PM
I find it funny that the majority of players on PSO2 plays with female and is flaming the game when they have everything for them including male outfits.
What about the Casts then?
Females got 5 outfits this scratch, males got 2 and Cast Got 0.
The last scratch that had Cast Parts was on February and they still didn't announce any parts until May. So that's 3 Months without Parts, oh and guess what the Cast collaboration in August is not parts, so basically Cast get nothing besides being trolled by SEGA.
If u have a complain about something send it to SEGA.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 9, 2015, 01:29 PM
I find it funny that the majority of players on PSO2 plays with female and is flaming the game when they have everything for them including male outfits.
What about the Casts then?
Females got 5 outfits this scratch, males got 2 and Cast Got 0.
The last scratch that had Cast Parts was on February and they still didn't announce any parts until May. So that's 3 Months without Parts, oh and guess what the Cast collaboration in August is not parts, so basically Cast get nothing besides being trolled by SEGA.
If u have a complain about something send it to SEGA.

I do... every player survey. You should do the same.

NoiseHERO
Apr 9, 2015, 02:13 PM
I was actually pretty discontent with the game has been managed since I found out only premium players could have shops/trade and the first scratch came out. I was like "I can see where this is going :I" and I'm sure I'm not the only one. But, eh, I enjoyed SAO so.... I do think you're right about this being caused by newer and older players clashing, at least part of the time though.

I don't think I've ever flip-flopped on what I'd defend, and what I'd hate on with the overall state of the game in recent memory (game is usually fun, not p2w, not pressured into buying premium, or anything for that matter, but SEGA doesn't do enough with it, etc)...

Of course the time spent being so new that I couldn't form a good enough opinion on the state of the game doesn't count.

hmm guess that's just my selective memory of all those people speaking out on emotion then. So then not everyone but I sure seen it a lot. <<;;

Even I thought this was the ultimate game until month 3.

Selphea
Apr 10, 2015, 07:09 AM
Hmm I must be weird for going in reverse order then.

First install: Eww NO. /uninstall by Level 20.
Braver added, reinstalled: Nope. /uninstall by Braver 10.
Ep3: Balance is a mess, but action and aesthetics are ok.
Today: Balance is a mess, but action and aesthetics are still ok. Lots of stuff to try out still. Content is faster than Secret World, so some minor peeves, but no ragequit-worthy complaints.

NoiseHERO
Apr 10, 2015, 07:22 AM
Hmm I must be weird for going in reverse order then.

First install: Eww NO. /uninstall by Level 20.
Braver added, reinstalled: Nope. /uninstall by Braver 10.
Ep3: Balance is a mess, but action and aesthetics are ok.
Today: Balance is a mess, but action and aesthetics are still ok. Lots of stuff to try out still. Content is faster than Secret World, so some minor peeves, but no ragequit-worthy complaints.

no, ur not unique, we already covered my perspective not havin' everyone in it. :p

Stealthcmc1974
Apr 10, 2015, 07:34 AM
I'm only here really for the LP and some of my friends (at least the story bits are getting better). If I could my friends onto PSOBB or PSPo2i, I'd be spending way more time there.

Korazenn
Apr 11, 2015, 04:45 PM
This newer AC Scratch was meh. I'm also tired of the school uniforms in the game.

Kondibon, I don't think I could word it any better, and I agree with everything you said. Everyone really has their own unique preferences when it comes to anything in life and that's part of what makes us human and individualistic in our own nature.

Philosophies aside, things like having a Player Shop, AC Scratch, and other similar Premium features aren't necessary in my personal opinion of the game, and PSO2 is still arguably one of my favorite F2P games out there as there really isn't anything I know quite like it when it comes to being able to experience everything the game has to offer without having to pay a dime.

The only time I've ever needed to use AC was for making new characters or getting a second Mag for the same character. With the OTP Storage, there's really no need to ever consider getting Premium again unless I knew that I would spend that Premium time playing PSO2 and not much else in the way of other games.