PDA

View Full Version : Sega must have not liked that people weren't doing the last Easter EQ correctly

Maenara
Apr 8, 2015, 11:41 PM
It's impossible to do this one any way other than the intended one.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 8, 2015, 11:50 PM
I noticed that too when I did it yesterday. I like this new "forced" way better though.

Xaelouse
Apr 8, 2015, 11:57 PM
Why would you ignore enemies in this one when there are 12* area drops, anyway

Z-0
Apr 9, 2015, 12:00 AM
Because 12* are generally not worth it for the most part.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2015, 12:23 AM
oh I thought there was gonna be more for this thread

12*'s this time are horrible, exp lacks, just this year it's flat out boring

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 9, 2015, 12:28 AM
Because 12* are generally not worth it for the most part.

I'm surprised we still can't sell 12* weapons seeing as 13*s are very popular now.

EvilMag
Apr 9, 2015, 01:29 AM
It's a hand made quest.

I ain't complaining. We need more quests like this.

Perfect Chaos
Apr 9, 2015, 01:38 AM
I just like it for the campship control towers, since I'm still missing some level 17 red container techs.

wefwq
Apr 9, 2015, 01:56 AM
*12 are not worth the trouble running around, pretty lack of EXP and uninspiring random oceanids boss.
Also it felt too linear which make it even more boring.
If they're going to make linear EQ at least add some more spice to it.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2015, 02:23 AM
*12 are not worth the trouble running around, pretty lack of EXP and uninspiring random oceanids boss.
Also it felt too linear which make it even more boring.
If they're going to make linear EQ at least add some more spice to it.
let's hope W&R this year isn't as linear and boring as this

Xaelouse
Apr 9, 2015, 02:57 AM
And if you dont want the 12*s, why would you do the quest in the first place? Why are you in position to complain? They're the only draws for these EQs besides the rappy fevers.

wefwq
Apr 9, 2015, 02:58 AM
I guess rushing back and forth between two pressure buttons is your idea of fun. Okay PSOW.
"Fun" are subjective, but most people in here think new one more boring than the old one.
Why would you think watered down mothership EQ clone being more fun than button rush anyway.

let's hope W&R this year isn't as linear and boring as this
They'll tweaking how umbla works aren't they?

Selphea
Apr 9, 2015, 03:05 AM
Cheap boss souls $_$

oratank
Apr 9, 2015, 03:08 AM
because it has ton of mob to kill and easy trick pse burst this is more fun than button rush

TaigaUC
Apr 9, 2015, 05:02 AM
I'm not even bothering with this one. Haven't tried it. I only did last year's one a few times, too.
JP friends seem to be doing this one for the 12 star Dual Blades.
I'm beyond tired of doing boring shit over and over hoping for a drop.

I don't mind doing Magatsu because he's actually kinda fun, and is pretty quick and easy with lots of rewards.
Game should be fun first, rewards second. PSO2 (and most games nowadays) usually have it the wrong way around.

Macmaxi
Apr 9, 2015, 05:13 AM
It's the reason why i don't play cmode for the rewards and which is why i don't care people failing in cmode. I have fun with it because it's a bit harder than everything else, and thus it has become the main mode for me. I really hope we see some more cmode missions.

jiasu73
Apr 9, 2015, 05:25 AM
It's the reason why i don't play cmode for the rewards and which is why i don't care people failing in cmode. I have fun with it because it's a bit harder than everything else, and thus it has become the main mode for me. I really hope we see some more cmode missions.

Same here as well, really hope sega puts more effort into putting out more CM missions! Don't really play anything else in pso2 at the moment since everything else in the game feels like a chore and is pretty mindless unless you are going for time

Skyly
Apr 9, 2015, 10:14 AM
I guess rushing back and forth between two pressure buttons is your idea of fun. Okay PSOW.

So true. +1

Friyn
Apr 9, 2015, 01:01 PM
And if you dont want the 12*s, why would you do the quest in the first place? Why are you in position to complain? They're the only draws for these EQs besides the rappy fevers.

But I run EQs for Lv.17 PAs.

Xaelouse
Apr 9, 2015, 03:11 PM
So, there's no good reason to ignore the enemies at all, which this thread was suggesting.
In a way, Sega was just saving you guys from being on multiple JP blacklists, had they kept the EQ the same as last years

ArcaneTechs
Apr 9, 2015, 04:09 PM
They'll tweaking how umbla works aren't they?
If I remember right, he gives everyone a RDR boost, idk if it's 300% or random %, I have to look this up again but still, I hate waiting on him (and still no updated drops) so i'll probably hit him anyways if I'm bored unless the RDR % is good then I'll wait as he milks the EQ timer

So, there's no good reason to ignore the enemies at all, which this thread was suggesting.
In a way, Sega was just saving you guys from being on multiple JP blacklists, had they kept the EQ the same as last years
You literally can't skip that many enemies, if anything the leftovers get left behind, you have to kill everything or possibly just kill bosses only then go on ahead but everyone kills just about everything

Sega didn't do anything for us let alone keep us from being blacklisted by JP players so idk where your getting this from.

And last years Easter EQ sucked too, they should get a bit more creative with this EQ, as for drops, the 12* DB's are really the only worthwhile, Sword and Bow are just bad

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 9, 2015, 04:44 PM

Yes because wasting 20-40 minutes of my time for 3,000 miles is totally worth it when in a good party you can get 10,000+ in a hour. Also god this EQ sucks so hard.

Macmaxi
Apr 9, 2015, 05:28 PM
Point is that my motivation doesn't come from the number at the end. Sure, not getting far sucks as in the first few missions are too easy, but there are still weapon combinations i can try out in botched runs and other stuff to keep me entertained. You might call it unfair, but going into M5 with 40% VR i hope you wont be mad at me if i just goof around with bow or something (It still can be effective though).

To be honest i don't even have the money to fully grind out 13* weapons and even if i had, it wouldn't be of much use to me. Don't worry though, i wont join your mlg magatsus and TD's because i actually don't enjoy these EQ's at all, so i don't need to be decked out in awesome gear.

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 9, 2015, 10:18 PM
Point is that my motivation doesn't come from the number at the end. Sure, not getting far sucks as in the first few missions are too easy, but there are still weapon combinations i can try out in botched runs and other stuff to keep me entertained. You might call it unfair, but going into M5 with 40% VR i hope you wont be mad at me if i just goof around with bow or something (It still can be effective though).

To be honest i don't even have the money to fully grind out 13* weapons and even if i had, it wouldn't be of much use to me. Don't worry though, i wont join your mlg magatsus and TD's because i actually don't enjoy these EQ's at all, so i don't need to be decked out in awesome gear.

Yes because giving a shit about your gear in a game based on giving a shit about your gear and character is totally MLG status.

milranduil
Apr 9, 2015, 10:25 PM

I won't speak for TD, magatsu, etc, but in CM you better be trying your very hardest to get the group as far as possible. If you're going to dick around just because you entered an interval with sub 100% energy, do us all a favor and go do something else. That kind of attitude is not wanted by those who actually want to succeed at CM.

Mattykins
Apr 9, 2015, 10:29 PM
Why do people even do that? Like, in general, not just in this game. If I wanted to play a game without worrying about whether or not I'm actually trying to win the damn thing, I'd just throw a basketball at the wall or something.

milranduil
Apr 9, 2015, 10:44 PM
Can't be disappointed if you have no goal!

Maenara
Apr 9, 2015, 10:44 PM
I liked it better when EQs were considered good for their content, not their drops.

yoshiblue
Apr 9, 2015, 10:49 PM
Can't be disappointed if you have no goal!

That's the spirit. Give diminishing returns for doing the same mission over and over again. Make finishing the mission the first time around the more important objective. So you know, people can have a good time afterwards or whatever you people do after a mission.

GreenArcher
Apr 9, 2015, 11:11 PM
Sometimes I feel people forget this is a casual friendly game. What's wrong with logging on to relax, forget about life, and slaying some monsters with no rhyme or reason?

I understand the efficiency mindset. That is how I play. But that's not how everyone plays.

milranduil
Apr 9, 2015, 11:15 PM
My comment was directed solely at CM to not get into it regarding anything else. If you wanna go CM with some friends, casually, fine go for it, but don't expect to be welcomed in a regular pug if you're just there to blow off some steam and not try very hard when people are seeking miles.

yoshiblue
Apr 9, 2015, 11:21 PM
C-mode should go without saying. I mean its challenge mode for crying out loud. Testing your skills. Be the best you can be. Personally I feel it should have had a solo mission and a 4 man mission. For those PSO vibes.

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2015, 11:33 PM
Let's not forget that there IS a casual block for CM...

Xaelouse
Apr 9, 2015, 11:41 PM
I won't speak for TD, magatsu, etc, but in CM you better be trying your very hardest to get the group as far as possible. If you're going to dick around just because you entered an interval with sub 100% energy, do us all a favor and go do something else. That kind of attitude is not wanted by those who actually want to succeed at CM.

Him dicking around is probably better than outright abandoning, which most people would do at that point.
People also need to define this dicking around. I see more "Stop doing things I dont like.", whether it's actually harmful to the run or not.

milranduil
Apr 9, 2015, 11:45 PM
Him dicking around is probably better than outright abandoning, which most people would do at that point.
People also need to define this dicking around. I see more "Stop doing things I dont like.", whether it's actually harmful to the run or not.

Spend an extra 10 minutes to get that <2k CM until the MPA inevitably fails or go find a better MPA and work towards 13k CM. You decide.

pkemr4
Apr 10, 2015, 12:03 AM
they should've made it a 4p quest, have to jump trough hoops to get into a good mpa and its rare finding people forming a group in lobby

Z-0
Apr 10, 2015, 12:31 AM
There are always MPAs being made for CM, the problem is that the EN community are extremely inefficient at making groups for any quest, whether it's AQ, TACO, CM, whatever.

What happens in the EN community is that people recruit for groups by calling it out in the lobby. This is bad for more than one reason:

1. It spams the chat log.
2. It restricts invites to only people who are in the vicinity.
3. It's not necessarily what people will be looking for.

The JP community does it a little differently. Instead of calling out in the lobby, they create the quest they want to run at the Quest Counter, with some sort of party name and description (to let people know they're looking for people -- people generally do not join random games unless it's obvious they want people). This is better for multiple reasons:

1. Anyone can find the game from any block using the "Search for parties on other blocks" function.
2. It lets people search for exactly what they're looking for.
3. It doesn't spam the chat log.
4. It's a continuous invite, because the game is always there for people to search, instead of having to see someone say something.

In the case of CM, people will create a game with a party name similar to 固定PT @[Number of Spots Remaining] on a dead block, and people looking for an MPA will find the party using the "Search for parties on other blocks" function, go to the block and join the MPA by asking for participation in the lobby. I've done this numerous times and these MPAs fill up in less than 5 minutes because people actually look for parties, rather than hoping someone will make one in the vicinity. They usually clear quite often too if you join one with "M10 Experience" or "Clear Only" restrictions.

(For joining, I usually do this:

空いていますか? - Is there still room?
[If yes]
外国人ですが 参加してもいいですか? - I'm a foreigner but is it alright if I still join?

And then it's fine after that, nobody has any ill-will towards 外人 if you know how to not be useless and can communicate the basics).

This happens for AQ, TACO, XQ as well, although the parties are made on specific blocks since they're not exactly full and those blocks are designated for those quests. People will create the game at the counter, and people actually looking to play that quest will be able to find it, instead of having to hope there' s someone calling out a party in the lobby. For the 4P quests you can just join the party directly though since it's not an MPA.

Only time I see JP people call out in lobby is when people aren't joining something, so they'll let people know there's X game up, although it's still not spammy at all...

I get the impression that there are lots of people who want to run X thing by reading around and seeing what people say on these forums and in-game, but the foreign community just doesn't know how to make parties properly...

Zorak000
Apr 10, 2015, 10:26 AM
I want that sword, it's basically better than most rods even though you need to use non-gear'd sacrifice bite to get the effect. there is a misconception that you need to have hunter active for it, but you don't since the PA is built-in. if you are willing to grab something every 40 to 60 seconds I think it's a fun little weapon for any tech-user

the bow is a novelty at best, but might be fun to keep around on Gu/Ra for shenanigans though

blackheart on a dual blade is a mobbing dual blade; you can easily maintain the low PP to take advantage of it. just use a different dual blade for when it is time to throw things at dudes

LonelyGaruga
Apr 10, 2015, 12:01 PM
All of that stuff is available in other EQs already anyway. Sega could have implemented new 12*s that could only be acquired in this quest, and then implement those 12*s in another XH EQ that isn't seasonal, but they ran out of EQs to give XH to. It doesn't help that Lindcray can be acquired in Ocean of Death as is and Hyakka has been in like two others seasonal EQs in addition to one of the Guerrilla EQs.