http://i.imgur.com/0mowGvT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cmSX2f8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7bJqeOw.jpg

Taurus83
Apr 10, 2015, 03:29 AM
these boss mech look like mix gundam and ps nova

Xaeris
Apr 10, 2015, 03:37 AM
Chainsaw jet skates. Yup, that's it, I've seen everything now, I can die.

Poyonche
Apr 10, 2015, 03:52 AM
Wait so... does the new "Slave" 13* will be the one we can make with Ult. Stones ?

Dat Mecha Banther :0

Z-0
Apr 10, 2015, 03:54 AM
http://puu.sh/h8ocJ/3bf5e4decf.jpg
Clearing the quest will give you Yulrungul stones, which can be used to trade for 13★. In order words, just play and you will get what you want.

Shame they won't do the same to Ultimate Naberius for the Ares weapons...

Xaeris
Apr 10, 2015, 04:03 AM
inb4 13*s from the shop come with 5 Lightning.

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 04:11 AM
I'm thinking 4 lightning.

Poyonche
Apr 10, 2015, 05:30 AM
I'm thinking no element.

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 05:46 AM
No element, only comes with element if dropped by Anga.

Rakurai
Apr 10, 2015, 06:07 AM
Interesting that the new gunslash PA has two versions based on what mode the weapon is in.

The range on the slash version looks kind of ridiculous from the picture.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 06:14 AM
these boss mech look like mix gundam and ps novaThey look like Zoids (http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/325.jpg) to me.

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 06:14 AM
Interesting that the new gunslash PA has two versions based on what mode the weapon is in.

The range on the slash version looks kind of ridiculous from the picture.

Oh wow, really? They didn't show that at all in the preview trailer.

Sp-24
Apr 10, 2015, 06:18 AM
Oh wow, really? They didn't show that at all in the preview trailer.
Yep. There are two screenshots: melee mode shows a huge slash, while gun mode does a bunch of dispersed slashes instead. And the PA even has "Zwei" in its name.

Honestly, that's how gunslash PAs should have been in the first place.

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 06:19 AM
That's fucking amazing.

Poyonche
Apr 10, 2015, 06:28 AM
inb4 Gunslash rocket price

Xaeris
Apr 10, 2015, 06:32 AM
Speaking of new PAs, I'm wondering if Tears Grid (ugh, that name) is going to be the new hotness for Vol Graptor combos.

Perfect Chaos
Apr 10, 2015, 06:38 AM
inb4 13*s from the shop come with 5 Lightning.It would be silly to ever have stone items have less than 10 element, considering that attribute grinding using off/non-element exact weapons as fodder would give +10 element to the base.

And does it state what 13* the stone would give? I would assume Slave-series 13*, but I'm too lazy to go through the text to confirm (if it even does at all). If Slave weapons can drop from any enemy in Ultimate Lillipa as well, then I guess it's getting the same treatment as Magatsu's Waza weapons. I hope this trend of being able to get weapons both ways continues.

EDIT: And Tears Grid looks like it lasts a long time, so maybe not?

Shinamori
Apr 10, 2015, 07:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K83qw9XyRVE

Xaelouse
Apr 10, 2015, 07:07 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/update/20150422/08/
more balance changes

unrelated, but if the slash mode version of the new GS PA is only at the end of the long flashy combo, then it's still sort of a half-baked mobbing PA. It'll probably be less damage than slash rave, but more usable in doing field work.

Xaeris
Apr 10, 2015, 07:28 AM
Now that we have resolution that's not for ants, I can make some judgments about the new craft extentions. At Ex. Lv. 9 that 11* sword had 623 S-Atk with no grinds. At Ex. Lv. 8, the current cap for 11* extending, a sword has 572 S-Atk, a difference of 51. At max grind, that's nearly doubled...which is not insignificant. *groan* I thought I was done with this money pit...

Welp, buy your Add Fighters now, they ain't getting cheaper.

Atmius
Apr 10, 2015, 07:37 AM
Now that we have resolution that's not for ants, I can make some judgments about the new craft extentions. At Ex. Lv. 9 that 11* sword had 623 S-Atk with no grinds.

You'd think with a resolution 'that's not for ant's you'd see that it has ability 3/flict arma which is +35 s-atk, putting it at 588, not 623. 1146 vs 1115, so a difference of 31 at +10 not 99.

Xaeris
Apr 10, 2015, 07:40 AM
Oops, so used to seeing affixes in English, I glossed over them in Japanese. Rookie mistake.

Perfect Chaos
Apr 10, 2015, 07:44 AM
I noticed with this that Fomelgion only gives super armor during it, and not invincibility like Zandion. I guess Zandion is more risky so they deemed invincibility necessary, but Fomelgion is safe enough to not warrant it.

Selphea
Apr 10, 2015, 07:50 AM
Now that we have resolution that's not for ants, I can make some judgments about the new craft extentions. At Ex. Lv. 9 that 11* sword had 623 S-Atk with no grinds. At Ex. Lv. 8, the current cap for 11* extending, a sword has 572 S-Atk, a difference of 51. At max grind, that's nearly doubled...which is not insignificant. *groan* I thought I was done with this money pit...

Welp, buy your Add Fighters now, they ain't getting cheaper.

Edit: Ninja'd

Achievement to unlock Ex9 is to craft at Ex8 25 times, so set aside 8 million meseta per rarity class.

wefwq
Apr 10, 2015, 07:52 AM
I noticed with this that Fomelgion only gives super armor during it, and not invincibility like Zandion. I guess Zandion is more risky so they deemed invincibility necessary, but Fomelgion is safe enough to not warrant it.
Zandion sent you flying all over the place, so yeah.
They just don't want you crash into something and dies mid-attack.

Ordy
Apr 10, 2015, 08:24 AM
Edit: Ninja'd

Achievement to unlock Ex9 is to craft at Ex8 25 times, so set aside 8 million meseta per rarity class.

Don't want to scare people who are trying to unlock the craft recipes, but here is my craft achievements spreadsheet.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/CeUyiAf.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

10☆ Strike 7 on the video is now Ex11 (craft lv10 25 times, costs 8m). They will probably use the 11☆ Strike 7 slot for the 11☆ so that's 12.8m to first unlock 6 then 7 (6.4m if they put it on the 6th slot).

That's just the for the meseta cost per craft, Silva and gold mats prices are probably going to be skyrocket the first week(s), Strike PA are already at 4,5k on Ship02 :x

Dycize
Apr 10, 2015, 08:36 AM
So precisions on the various adjustments on the balance changes (as understood from my shoddy japanese, take it with a grain of salt).

Hunter :
-Fury Gear Boost changed to Hunter Gear Boost and will now work with guard stand too (that was a pretty stupid thing that they fixed, yay for the livestream people who use guard stance!)
-Rising Edge, Nova Strike and Guilty Break charge time reduced, as you know.
-Ignite parrying changes ahoy! Power up, PP cost down, guard window made faster, possibility to cancel it better (not too sure on this part).
-Ride Slasher's charge time made faster when at gear gauge 1.

Fighter :
-D Saber Wind Parrying adjusted (better just guard window I think?)
-TDs' Scare Fugue and Facet Folia's JA timing adjusted (probably to make them better comboable)
-DSs PAs Scissor Edge, Rambling Moon, Illusion Rave, Fake Capture, Surprise Dunk, Deadly Archer, Deadly Circle and Chaos Riser are now SHIFT ACTION CANCELLABLE. D Saber Wind Parrying is now starting to look like a better investment isn't it.

Techter :
-Reverser Field will receive a range increase and a cooldown change, hopefully making it less stupid (15 minutes really.)

Braver :
-Something about a power boost when making attacks while Katana Combat is active? Not too sure, but it sounds like a buff. Yay?
-Snatch Step will have its position changed in the skill tree (well that's interesting).
-Counter Edge will have its power increased with the gear gauge and its hitbox will be adjusted.

Bouncer :
-Fields will get a range increase.
-Strike Gust, Gran Wave and Moment Gale will now receive invincibility frames when performing their shift actions. No invincible Vinto Jigue for you.

Drops :
-XH TDs (1 and 2 more precisely, thanks Ezodagrom) will have better 12* drop chances.

Ennemies :
-Shield ennemies (sil (sa)dinians and wondas) will have their effect changed when their shield is hit, not sure how tho.
-> Bounce off animation removed when hitting melee, but still no damage (thanks Z-0 for the precision)

Mr Umbra (de aaaaru) :
-This emergency trial is getting more or less completely overhauled. Not too sure but it won't fail from being grazed?
Also +100% drop rate boost given when completed.
Someone with better JP skills can probably help better.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 08:47 AM
Hunter :
-Fury Gear Boost changed to Hunter Gear Boost and will now work with guard stand too *tosses fury stance on the ground and raises arms into the air*

Free at last.

Ennemies :
-Shield ennemies (sil (sa)dinians and wondas) will have their effect changed when their shield is hit, not sure how tho.

I hope this means you won't bounce off them when double jumping with jet boots now.

Selphea
Apr 10, 2015, 08:49 AM
11* doesn't gate at Ex4 anymore when I tried during boost week. When I extended my H44 I got all the way to Ex7 before getting gated by a 25 craft.

Ezodagrom
Apr 10, 2015, 08:52 AM
Drops :
-XH TDs (not sure which ones, two of them) will have better 12* drop chances.
It's TD1 and TD2.

Ordy
Apr 10, 2015, 09:10 AM
11* doesn't gate at Ex4 anymore when I tried during boost week. When I extended my H44 I got all the way to Ex7 before getting gated by a 25 craft.

Never did, on my list Strike 4 is just the name of the achievement, not the extend level. Ext 7 on 11☆ is unlocked by default, or something like that ... well you get it from a random extend, but you still have to ext 3, 4, 5, 6 it's not a big deal because all of them are 2 or 1 clear requirement, most of the people cleared them just by doing the Daily Crafts with the 11☆ weapon requests.

The 25 crafts gate you are talking about is the one that leads to 11☆ weapon crafts #5 which unlocks recipes to extend lv8 11☆ weapons after 25 more crafts.

Z-0
Apr 10, 2015, 09:46 AM
The Wonda change is that they don't deflect melee attacks anymore, so you'll just do no damage instead of that annoying animation.

Miles064
Apr 10, 2015, 09:57 AM
The Wonda change is that they don't deflect melee attacks anymore, so you'll just do no damage instead of that annoying animation.

I wonder if a lot of people complained about that. I normally just single target them down then aoe after they die. It made people stop spaming the aoes for a few seconds. Annoying but did it really need a nerf?

Zorak000
Apr 10, 2015, 10:18 AM
what's the deal with the roaming anga bits in the trailer

there was an etrial active at 3/6 completion and it was on a timer while a boss icon was visible under the text obstructing the minimap.

are these related

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 10:23 AM
I wonder if a lot of people complained about that. I normally just single target them down then aoe after they die. It made people stop spaming the aoes for a few seconds. Annoying but did it really need a nerf?

Various PAs would cause you to bounce off and immediately end the PA even if you were nowhere near the shield. As a good example, the gunslash PA Kreisenschlag caused you to bounce off even if a BULLET hit a Wonda shield.

Selphea
Apr 10, 2015, 10:31 AM
I imagine it's because they playtested Lilipa UQ and got owned by Wondas.

Miles064
Apr 10, 2015, 10:33 AM
Various PAs would cause you to bounce off and immediately end the PA even if you were nowhere near the shield. As a good example, the gunslash PA Kreisenschlag caused you to bounce off even if a BULLET hit a Wonda shield.

Ahh. I was thinking more overend or something like that. Dont really use gunslashes often tbh. I guess that would be a good change.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 10:52 AM
Ahh. I was thinking more overend or something like that. Dont really use gunslashes often tbh. I guess that would be a good change.It also makes you stagger if your jet boot double jump explosion hits them. In general it was more annoying than anything else, and it's probably still going to block the damage of stuff behind them.

Terrence
Apr 10, 2015, 11:13 AM
Hunter :
-Fury Gear Boost changed to Hunter Gear Boost and will now work with guard stand too (that was a pretty stupid thing that they fixed, yay for the livestream people who use guard stance!)
-Rising Edge, Nova Strike and Guilty Break charge time reduced, as you know.
-Ignite parrying changes ahoy! Power up, PP cost down, guard window made faster, possibility to cancel it better (not too sure on this part).
Cool ! :-o My Guard Stance HUnter/BOuncer Tree (I know I know don't hit me) might become really interesting. The combination of Guard Stance Advance and Ignite Parry (which precisely required JG) could be less trash now. Furry Gear Boost was the only thing I really lacked during Guard Stance since my rainbow crafted Aristins and their potentials limited the damage loss. Far from optimized but maybe fun at last. I'm really curious to see those changes. *Removes his Almagest from MyShop*

LonelyGaruga
Apr 10, 2015, 12:23 PM
The combination of Guard Stance Advance and Ignite Parry (which precisely required JG) could be less trash now.

Still trash though.

Xaelouse
Apr 10, 2015, 12:47 PM
Guard Stance needs another skill too. Perhaps they realize nobody is still using it but them come ult amduscia
Also is that translation of the bouncer balance change correct? It's really the copypaste of the same sentence as one of the reverser field changes in Techer. Why would it need a range increase when field remain exist

Dycize
Apr 10, 2015, 01:06 PM
I did say I was probably wrong on some things. I guess it's one of such things (I even wrote I wasn't sure).
If anyone has a better idea what the exact change is here =x

Z-0
Apr 10, 2015, 01:26 PM
No, the bouncer change is an increase of the field ranges.

Dycize
Apr 10, 2015, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I rechecked and that's that.
Reverser field, crit field and elemental PP field will all receive range increases.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 10, 2015, 02:03 PM

Honestly, no, it didn't. -_-

Some of the 'shots' from kreinschlag are striking attacks. They cannot headshot, and they do cut grass. I think it's the first few iirc.

The one valid complaint is bouncing off the shield when double jumping with boots.

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 02:04 PM
Maybe if enough people complain about Kreisenschlag, Sega will fix it so it doesn't only deal 48% of the damage it's supposed to deal.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 02:09 PM
The one valid complaint is bouncing off the shield when double jumping with boots.The whole mechanic was dumb because of how ridiculous it was to avoid in situations with more than one enemy that could block.
A lot of people have wondas in mind for this, but Dinians are a problem too because they randomly block constantly and if there's a group of them they can easily do so before you just in time to stagger you and throw everything off. The whole way it was set up just didn't mesh well with how melee attacks work in the game anyway. It wasn't just a problem for big AoE attacks. :/

LonelyGaruga
Apr 10, 2015, 02:18 PM
Guard Stance needs another skill too. Perhaps they realize nobody is still using it but them come ult amduscia

Guard Stance needs to not only protect from striking damage and not take away a massive chunk of damage potential to be worthwhile. As things are, Guard Stance isn't just a cut to damage output, but also a terrible defensive skill on its own merits. Oh yeah, it reduces striking damage a lot...but that's all it does. And Guard Stance Up is +50 S-DEF and -10% striking damage...when you could put in the same amount of SP in Flash Guard for twice the striking resistance and 20% shooting resistance, which is completely superior to Guard Stance Up even in regards to striking damage.

Basically, Guard Stance just plain isn't good even by defensive standards. It doesn't need more skills, it needs buffs to the skills it already has. And it also needs to be compatible with more damage increasing skills, but that's another problem entirely.

Dycize
Apr 10, 2015, 02:47 PM
I think that the best part is that guard stance used to be even worse.
Like, holy crap, it only gave you fixed s-def and reduced the damage you did! And not just just because the other option is better no, straight up -% damage done built in.
Still terrible because it's simply not enough value compared to the damage loss caused by not taking fury stance. Particularly since most of the actually damaging attacks aren't s-atk based...

As for shield mobs- Yeah, once you have more than one bunched, it becomes a heck of an annoyance to hit something if you're melee. Normal attacks bounce off, PAs bounce off, and the bounce off animation itself leaves you quite open.
Maybe it didn't need such a nerf, but you won't see me crying that they're gone.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 03:01 PM
Honestly, I don't think guard stance will ever be viable outside of niche stuff simply because of the way the rest of the game is designed. It's too easy to decrease or avoid damage without it, and you don't need it, to be tanky.
People keep bringing up the idea that it would be better if it didn't limit your offensive options, but assuming we want things to be relatively balanced, it can't ever give as easily accessible and high damage multipliers as Fury, or even come close, because then, what's the point in fury stance? :/

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 10, 2015, 03:07 PM
Well yeah I do remember having wondas ride each other shoulder to shoulder was annoying as fuck, and I'll admit, snatch JA + sakura end makes it a non-issue for decent katana bravers at least, but I'm not find of them taking out anything that makes common mobs more than a target dummy (aside from prenerf alculpus packs' soft-one-shot).

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 03:20 PM
Well yeah I do remember having wondas ride each other shoulder to shoulder was annoying as fuck, and I'll admit, snatch JA + sakura end makes it a non-issue for decent katana bravers at least, but I'm not find of them taking out anything that makes common mobs more than a target dummy (aside from prenerf alculpus packs' soft-one-shot).It's not like they're getting rid of the block entirely.

Terrence
Apr 10, 2015, 03:21 PM
Honestly, I don't think guard stance will ever be viable outside of niche stuff simply because of the way the rest of the game is designed. It's too easy to decrease or avoid damage without it, and you don't need it, to be tanky.
People keep bringing up the idea that it would be better if it didn't limit your offensive options, but assuming we want things to be relatively balanced, it can't ever give as easily accessible and high damage multipliers as Fury, or even come close, because then, what's the point in fury stance? :/

If Guard Stance gave the same offensive options as Furry Stance, the second one would be useless indeed. But I like the idea of losing some reasonable damage to gain other bonuses. For me, it's the ability to recover 10% HP when a foe dies and giving automatically 20% of that amount to nearby teammates thanks to Heal Share (which also works when I use Automate Halfline).

Fury Stance x1.20
Fury Stance Up 1 x1.05
Fury Stance Up 2 x1.05
Fury Combo Up x1.10
JA Bonus 1 x1.10
JA Bonus 2 x1.10
TOTAL : x1,76

Guard Stance x1.00
Guard Stance Advance x1.20
D. Stance Lv3 Potential x1.15
JA Bonus 1 x1.10
JA Bonus 2 x1.10
TOTAL : x1,67

If I'm not mistaken, it's 1,76 VS 1,67. It's not as good of course. Luckily. But it's not that bad either. I'm aware Guard Stance Advance is rather short/situational for now but spamming the soon buffed Ignite Parry will make it more viable. I wish. :(

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 10, 2015, 03:22 PM

I got a few ideas.

-Guard stance advance should last longer; 30 seconds at least.

-Tie increased PP regen after JG'ing to guard stance advance only.

-Allow PP to regen while using ignite parrying while guard stance advance is in effect.

-Negating an attack during ignite parrying triggers guard stance advance maybe.

All of this along with the buffs they already have planned for ignite parrying.

Balancing around just damage is way too one-dimensional, so I figure let's milk the face-tanking aspects + not-needing-to-stop-attacking-to-defend-yourself aspects of ignite parrying, and turn guard stance hunter's 'damage boosts' into PP regen, and the ability to fuel a beatdown with no downtime without the need to stop as soon for PP, or to avoid damage compared to fury stance.

edit: not sure how much of a buff they have in mind for ignite parrying, how about guard stance seriously buff's ignite parrying's damage to passable levels without having to guard first too?

I know this is sword-centric, but just some ideas how guard stance could begin to be worth a damn.

double edit: This is pretty much what katanas are getting with the counter slash damage buffs now i think about it... (14k counter cut to rockbear's face with one of those weak template characters, and increased PP regen for a duration after?! wut?!)

Xaelouse
Apr 10, 2015, 03:24 PM
I mean, Guard Stance Advance is a -really- good idea and actually promotes non-crappy play to an extent. I think Sega could turn it into "Just Guard Stance" sooner or later and would be fair to overpower Fury that way (Fury would still be the better choice for mobbing, sandbag bosses, and HU subs)

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 03:29 PM
If Guard Stance gave the same offensive options as Furry Stance, the second one would be useless indeed. But I like the idea of losing some reasonable damage to gain other bonuses. For me, it's the ability to recover 10% HP when a foe dies and giving automatically 20% of that amount to nearby teammates thanks to Heal Share (which also works when I use Automate Halfline).http://i.imgur.com/4O4bu1km.jpg

EDIT: No, wait, I'm sorry, I can't not say it. You realize you're losing more than 9% damage by going hu/bo instead of hu/fi or something right? I don't disagree with the sentiment but that's the worst example you could have used.

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 03:32 PM
How about a new skill:

'Massive Guard': Main class Hunter only, passive skill, 5 SP, requires Massive Hunter level 5: After remaining in Guard Stance for 180/150/140/130/120 seconds straight, Massive Hunter becomes permanently active, until Guard Stance is deactivated.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 03:37 PM
How about a new skill:

'Massive Guard': Main class Hunter only, passive skill, 5 SP, requires Massive Hunter level 5: After remaining in Guard Stance for 180/150/140/130/120 seconds straight, Massive Hunter becomes permanently active, until Guard Stance is deactivated.Let's just make massive hunter a passive skill for guard stance. :U
I'm not joking BTW. I actually think tying Massive Hunter to guard stance would go a long way towards giving people a reason to use it. The fact that you need fury for most of hunters offense but can take all of HU's good defensive skills (flash guards, automate etc) without using guard stance at all is kinda lame.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 10, 2015, 03:43 PM
Really, nothing to say about my expanding on ignite parry + JG + guard stance advance ideas?

Think about it! Continuous beatdown without having to stop to defend yourself, or for PP!

Though if I were one of their designers, I'd probably get rid of automate if these changes came into effect. Giving players sooooo many saftey nets is pretty gross.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 10, 2015, 03:46 PM
Fury Stance x1.20
Fury Stance Up 1 x1.05
Fury Stance Up 2 x1.05
Fury Combo Up x1.10
JA Bonus 1 x1.10
JA Bonus 2 x1.10
TOTAL : x1,76

Guard Stance x1.00
Guard Stance Advance x1.20
D. Stance Lv3 Potential x1.15
JA Bonus 1 x1.10
JA Bonus 2 x1.10
TOTAL : x1,67

If I'm not mistaken, it's 1,76 VS 1,67. It's not as good of course. Luckily. But it's not that bad either. I'm aware Guard Stance Advance is rather short/situational for now but spamming the soon buffed Ignite Parry will make it more viable. I wish. :(

You are mistaken, because you forgot to account for the fact that a Fury build can have a weapon potential, which bumps it up by up to 20%, the fact that they can use a sword stronger than a crafted one in terms of S-ATK, which can account for upwards of 400 S-ATK plus 60 element instead of 50, and the fact that a subclass tree makes the difference between Fury and Guard larger. Please math check first.

Never mind that sword Hu/Bo is idiotic.

Kondibon
Apr 10, 2015, 03:49 PM
Really, nothing to say about my expanding on ignite parry + JG + guard stance advance ideas?

Think about it! Continuous beatdown without having to stop to defend yourself, or for PP!

Though if I were one of their designers, I'd probably get rid of automate if these changes came into effect. Giving players sooooo many saftey nets is pretty gross.Well I don't disagree, I just didn't have anything to add. Sorry, I'm constantly posting and also hungry.

Automate made more sense in Portable2, since mates were instant anyway and automate wouldn't trigger if you were in a situation you couldn't use one normally yet (stunned or frozen for instance). With automate being instant ANDtriggering no matter what in PSO2, where mates normally have an animation, it's a lot more powerful here.

That said, you DO eventually run out of mates, and automate does burn through them faster. I'd rather see the activation chance be 100% every level and instead give it a cool down that decreases per level instead of outright removing it.

Dycize
Apr 10, 2015, 04:04 PM
Oh god, I would PAY SO HARD to have massive hunter turn passive in any way.
I also think Guard Stance Advance should become Just Guard Advance, funnily enough.
Keep it main class only to give some incentive and now it allows Sega to give vanilla guard stance some damage upgrade without really stepping on fury's turf.
And, yeah, promoting skilled play.

I think that's a pretty fun idea there jumpsuit. Like a melee Million Storm where you keep hacking at stuff as long as you have PP, and when you guard you replenish PP... And then we give it low stagger power so that mobs may "retaliate" (read : give us our PP).
We could finally give wired lances a berserker barrage kind of attack and it would make sense! And even be kind of very awesome.

Zorak000
Apr 12, 2015, 03:30 PM
You are mistaken, because you forgot to account for the fact that a Fury build can have a weapon potential, which bumps it up by up to 20%, the fact that they can use a sword stronger than a crafted one in terms of S-ATK, which can account for upwards of 400 S-ATK plus 60 element instead of 50, and the fact that a subclass tree makes the difference between Fury and Guard larger. Please math check first.

Never mind that sword Hu/Bo is idiotic.
I ran some numbers together in the damage simulator thingo, so here is what a Gaurd Stance (I turned on base fury to simulate Guard Stance Advance) male dewman Hu/Bo would look like using a crafted Dio Artisan after the next update (craft levels are going up, the rank 9 11* sword craft gives 588 S-atk base) vs Diabo
http://4rt.info/psod/?sy3OE

For the sake of SCIENCE, I used the same Hu/Bo build, but swapped Gaurd Stance Advance buff for the rest of Fury Stance, and set the weapon to be Ares Sword because sure why not
http://4rt.info/psod/?o0tJC
Feel free to edit that simulation to swap out the weapon; not everyone has an Ares Sword!
http://4rt.info/psod/?3zmmY Ideal Edge
http://4rt.info/psod/?lJGH6 Keen Cylinder (Shadow Formation Sword)
http://4rt.info/psod/?cEwx2 Davial Sword (yes I am calculating damage of Negative Hunter on Diabo whatever SCIENCE)

so yeah it's not really that good I guess.
not trying to pass Hu/Bo here, just trying to compare a crafted artisan gaurd stance build to a traditional setup

I would never want a Gaurd Stance build to become stronger than a Fury build; but really Gaurd Stance just needs to resist all damage instead of just Striking before I could even begin to say that it is an acceptable trade-off.

hoangsea
Apr 12, 2015, 05:59 PM
so we got all skill tree reset at 22/4 update ?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 12, 2015, 06:06 PM
so we got all skill tree reset at 22/4 update ?

Most likely. There are people that spent all 87 skill points already, and a skill(s) position will change (one of the snatch step related skills iirc).

LordKaiser
Apr 12, 2015, 06:18 PM
Alright so the new robots are weak against fire? Roger that, time to tekker the weapons as fire from now on.

Rien
Apr 12, 2015, 11:56 PM
Speaking of new PAs, I'm wondering if Tears Grid (ugh, that name) is going to be the new hotness for Vol Graptor combos.

Yes and no. The finisher does have a pretty good damage, but the buildup is shit and it's not like a keydown or mash sequence

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 13, 2015, 12:46 AM
Yes and no. The finisher does have a pretty good damage, but the buildup is shit and it's not like a keydown or mash sequence

I don't see it being good for vol graptor combos at all unless it deals ALOT of damage through the whole attack, because that attack lasts for days until it gets to the finisher which sports good old super-backloaded damage that no one likes. May as well be friggin cerberus dance...

TaigaUC
Apr 13, 2015, 12:54 AM
I'm thinking 4 lightning.

Might be random like Zieg's. Random element, random value between 1 and 8.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 13, 2015, 01:24 AM
If they're trade-ins (and they are confirmed to be stone trade-ins), they would have set stats.

Sizustar
Apr 13, 2015, 02:25 AM
If they're trade-ins (and they are confirmed to be stone trade-ins), they would have set stats.

They should be like the Megatsu AIS stuff.
Chance to get it from the stage, and trade-in stone.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 13, 2015, 02:50 AM
They should be like the Megatsu AIS stuff.
Chance to get it from the stage, and trade-in stone.

I like this new trend of beastly weapons being farmable. They just need to up the pace of content release, while not making the gear progression too linear so we're replacing weapons every 2 months or something.