PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Q&A from Sendai Live broadcast - Suganuma is there this time and answers some questio

Sizustar
Apr 10, 2015, 07:33 PM
Q. Implement Cast skins?
Kimura: I think it's a possibility, still a bit early, but we'll talk about it.

Q. Challenge Mode VR energy Decrease with number of party member?
Suganuma: I understand how difficulity it is when someone get disconnected, and how the game become harder, but this might be abused to increase productivity by kicking player, so we didn't implement it.
Because it is not easy to form a 12 person party, we have set it so that it is clearable with a 8 person party, and can invite to 12 person environment.

Q, Challenge Mode is fun, but Vita takes too long to load, and that is not fair, is there play to do some change?
Suganuma: We already did some test on the Vita last week, and are planning changes, but is too early to say what the change will be, but that we plan for both the PC and Vita version to have the same experience.

Q. Will there be a full body tight outfit(Like Kuna armor?) color choice expansion? Like skin color?
Kimura: Not likely to have skin color, what color do people want?
(Audience: Black, Gold, Rainbow)
Kimura: Black sound dangerous too. But if necessary, we will considered it.
(Audience member suggest the unknown perpertrator from Detective Conan style outfit)

Q. My Room CD player, I want to know if I have inputed this CD, like Accessory tickets, etc.
Suganuma: I already got it working on my build, so I will announce a time to implement it ingame at a later time.

Q. About the future Dark Falz, please more information?
Kimura: We have alot of DF in the story, so it might relate to the plot, I can only say that they might take a form then what we ahve shown so far.

Q. Please do more for PSo2es, like more story or a OP.
Chen: There is no plan to do a Opening movie, but we have announced next story, which will appear in late april update.

Q, Can there be a calender announcing EQ in PSo2es?
Chen: Now that we have the server stabalized, we are looking into this feature.

Q. What do you think of when you hear Sendai and Miyagi?
Sakai: Beef Tongue(A delicacy in Japan and other asian country)
Moimoi: The Beef tongue bento was delicious.
Kimura: Date Masashimune (Famous historical figure that appeared in alot of video game)
Suganuma: ......Beef Tongue?

Q. To tell the truth, is there any painful memory from developing?
Kimura: Nothing painful, it's very happy.
Ichitaro: No, but is that really enough?
Suganuma: No, it's really fun, making games, implementing system, and seeing the happy reaction from players, isn't that fun? So, we welcome people that are interested in game development.

Q. Is it possible to buy those vase on the table?
Sakai: Those are made by the member of the team today, so no play to sell them.
Moimoi: Maybe sell the print at 7-11, and have people build their own?
Suganuma: That sounds possible, we'll discuss about it.

- It's vase with the Ark logo.

Source:
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/034/1034327/

TaigaUC
Apr 10, 2015, 07:58 PM
Cast skins?

Sacrificial
Apr 10, 2015, 07:58 PM
My body is ready.

Sizustar
Apr 10, 2015, 08:00 PM
Cast skins?

That's the word they used
キャストスキン = Cast Skins

I only played PSP2 and PSO2, so I'm not sure what context it means, maybe someone else can answer?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 10, 2015, 08:16 PM
Bit of an uneventful QA.

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 08:33 PM
Why does no one ask the real questions.

Why does Ragrants' AoE not match its animation.
Why does Kreisenschlag deal 48% of its power notation.
Why is it so hard to program a function to be executed X amount of times, instead of exactly 1 or exactly 10 times.

Superia
Apr 10, 2015, 08:35 PM

Why is it so hard to program a function to be executed X amount of times, instead of exactly 1 or exactly 10 times.

None of that is interrogative.

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 08:37 PM
Someone needs to bring it to Sega's attention, that instead of dealing the double damage that Kreisenschlag was SUPPOSED TO GET in episode 3, it actually deals LESS damage than it did in episode 2.

Atmius
Apr 10, 2015, 08:50 PM

You're forgetting about "Why does Gi-Megid's hit count match its animation (3 hits vs what should be 6)"

Maenara
Apr 10, 2015, 08:54 PM
Where is the missing Light technique, Sa-grants?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 10, 2015, 09:01 PM
You're forgetting about "Why does Gi-Megid's hit count match its animation (3 hits vs what should be 6)"

Why should it be 6? It fires three lasers and they each hit once for three hits. The damage it does is also accurate to the power notation. There isn't really a problem with Gimegid.

Zorua
Apr 10, 2015, 09:01 PM
What I wanna know is where's the caveman?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HI2sBFRwfdI/maxresdefault.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Superia
Apr 10, 2015, 09:42 PM
I'm wondering where the ass slider is so people will stop using extraordinarily wide characters in order to achieve that effect.

Atmius
Apr 10, 2015, 10:00 PM
Why should it be 6? It fires three lasers and they each hit once for three hits. The damage it does is also accurate to the power notation. There isn't really a problem with Gimegid.

It has 3 points, but they each fire twice, hence why it should be 6 hits. Watch it some time and you'll see. It also has shit range and no tracking when an enemy moves for a tech that's supposed to be a dark version of grants (hi great range autotracking).

Asdfv
Apr 10, 2015, 10:07 PM
There were supposedly more questions & answers that mentioned a reduction of other players' GFX coming in late April and a desire to even the field between 12-man & 8-man CQ, but I can't find a reupload of the session to confirm.

TaigaUC
Apr 10, 2015, 10:31 PM
Reducing other players graphics would be damn nice.
Sick of not being able to see anything because the whole screen is white with hit sparks.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 10, 2015, 11:19 PM
I'm wondering where the ass slider is so people will stop using extraordinarily wide characters in order to achieve that effect.
Yeah where's my damn ass slider SEGA.

Miles064
Apr 10, 2015, 11:32 PM
Yeah where's my damn ass slider SEGA.

Yes plz.

wefwq
Apr 11, 2015, 12:06 AM
Actually i prefer that calender thing on PC instead just on es, preferably something like bulletin board stuff with graphic table containing EQ or current ongoing schedulle.
For VR energy, i have feeling that they'll nerf it since they can't implement auto-adjustment for VR duration to prevent abuse.

Reducing other players graphics would be damn nice.
Sick of not being able to see anything because the whole screen is white with hit sparks.
Yeah this actually might help a lot, having an option to display the other people character on low-res texture whilre retaining your own character in hi-res, they done it with quna concert right and esthe?

It also might help a lot with lobby stuttering, also DX11 support when?

LonelyGaruga
Apr 11, 2015, 12:08 AM
It has 3 points, but they each fire twice, hence why it should be 6 hits. Watch it some time and you'll see. It also has shit range and no tracking when an enemy moves for a tech that's supposed to be a dark version of grants (hi great range autotracking).

The animation isn't actually conveying an additional set of hits, and Gimegid isn't actually supposed to be a dark equivalent to Grants, that's preposterous. It hits almost twice as hard and charges far faster, and also lacks the ability to hit targets through walls, and also has pretty poor range actually. Though, it doesn't sound like you're aware that when Gimegid was initially implemented, it actually did autotarget, but that was actually broken so it was changed to not follow targets. It also had a 1s charge time when it was initially implemented, but a 1.05s post-nerf. Naturally, this made it borderline useless, but it's smarter than nerfing the damage, since then it really would be just like Grants, but dark, which would be a total waste compared to what they did end up doing with crafting and the EP3 changes.

Anyway, I don't really see what the point is? Gimegid would actually be worse if its damage was dispersed into six hits instead of three, and it's done three hits since the very beginning of its implementation, whereas Kreisenchlag is actually doing less than half the damage it's supposed to be doing and was functioning properly before EP3's PA changes. I can actually answer the Ragrants one, it actually matches its range if you play with minimum graphic settings, the illusion of enhanced range with higher graphic settings is simply a result of a graphical representation of Ragrants' laser fading out the further it goes, the actual AoE perfectly matches where the laser is at its thickest, and narrows further where it stops doing damage. So there aren't really any problems besides Kreisenchlag.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 12:11 AM
Where's my Ground spells? and this Q/A was pretty bad this time around, should have asked if Beast's were gonna make a comeback after that data was removed

Stickboy
Apr 11, 2015, 12:18 AM
screenshot of vase whar?

Kondibon
Apr 11, 2015, 12:48 AM
You're forgetting about "Why does Gi-Megid's hit count match its animation (3 hits vs what should be 6)"The number of hit's isn't really relevant. They increased the damage by a lot, and honestly it's one of the few things I think that works for, as it's now powerful enough to use when it works but not something that work all the time and no amount of technique can change how it works or use it in situations it's not technically meant for (a good example of what I mean is homing emission).

Also, by having something like that, it becomes mechanically distinct. Having it just be a dark element grants would be pretty lame.

Where is the missing Light technique, Sa-grants?Anti still counts as a light tech so...

Where's my Ground spells? and this Q/A was pretty bad this time around, should have asked if Beast's were gonna make a comeback after that data was removed
That would never get answered either way, so why ask?

Sizustar
Apr 11, 2015, 12:58 AM
screenshot of vase whar?

Watch it from the last live broadcast
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv215223920

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 11, 2015, 01:14 AM

No one wants that PSU trash in PSO2 except "maybe" diga.

Kondibon
Apr 11, 2015, 01:37 AM
No one wants that PSU trash in PSO2 except "maybe" diga.I thought we were done with the whole "It was in PSU so it's automatically bad" thing.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 01:43 AM
we have stuff already from PSU and soon to be making a return Roulette game board, you tell me where this trash is somehow negatively effecting this game as a whole? or let alone bringing some of these things back would harm pso2.

PSU wasn't my first PS game like a lot of people so you can fuck off with that attitude like I have some mind set that if it ain't PSU, it aint good. I'd like a mix of all the old stuff to be put into the new, nothing wrong with it as long as it's done right

I'd like to see Ground spells again, I'd like to see Slicers/Claw/Axes all the other cool weps from the old games revamped and put into this game to expand on what we have, but we know this ain't gonna happen at all or for years.

And you asked them these questions so they know people are interested in certain things to get THEM thinking on whether or not they could bring these things in to you know, make their fans/players happy, like they said

I'm honestly flat out sick of collabs, even a 3rd Fate Collab was enough for me to think that they aren't trying anymore, they aren't even trying to make their own PSO2 game styled clothing, it's all collabs

Sizustar
Apr 11, 2015, 01:45 AM
we have stuff already from PSU and soon to be making a return Roulette game board, you tell me where this trash is somehow negatively effecting this game as a whole? or let alone bringing some of these things back would harm pso2.

PSU wasn't my first PS game like a lot of people so you can fuck off with that attitude like I have some mind set that if it ain't PSU, it aint good. I'd like a mix of old the old stuff to be put into the new, nothing wrong with it as long as it's done right

I'd like to see Ground spells again, I'd like to see Slicers/Claw/Axes all the other cool weps from the old games revamped and put into this game to expand on what we have, but we know this ain't gonna happen at all or for years.

And you asked them these questions so they know people are interested in certain things to get THEM thinking on whether or not they could bring these things in to you know, make their fans/players happy, like they said

The Q&A are apprantly by players of PSO2 that attended the events, so since player aren't asking those question.
Your best best might be if they do another survey and put that in.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 01:49 AM
The Q&A are apprantly by players of PSO2 that attended the events, so since player aren't asking those question.
Your best best might be if they do another survey and put that in.
ya I know it's meant for people there attending but you would think someone would ask for something new in a way or try to get them to gauge a proposed future idea they could do.

I'd like to fill out those survey's but what I always thought that if it isn't something that's common or the biggest thing amongst the inputted surveys, they won't take notice, which is why I don't do them. How they handle the survey's idk, but thats my guess, the more input on the same thing the more they'll take notice versus a small group asking for the same thing

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 11, 2015, 01:51 AM

Speak for yourself. It's better than another shallow fking collab. The more PSO2 can at least reference its roots to have some semblance of an identity other than an advertizement platform, the better.

ya I know it's meant for people there attending but you would think someone would ask for something new in a way or try to get them to gauge a proposed future idea they could do.

I'd like to fill out those survey's but what I always thought that if it isn't something that's common or the biggest thing amongst the inputted surveys, they won't take notice, which is why I don't do them. How they handle the survey's idk, but thats my guess, the more input on the same thing the more they'll take notice versus a small group asking for the same thing

I try anyway. Even for costumes, when I'm obviously not part of their target audience of moe-loli-lovers.

As a matter of fact, what I just said would make good survey material... the part about helping PSO2's identity as a phantasy star game.

Sizustar
Apr 11, 2015, 01:52 AM

Complaining about it on this forum won't get anything done.

No one the PSO2 dev team visit here.
You can try spamming Ichitaro's or G-heaven's twitter, since they seems to have the dev's hear.

But the survey they do every few month is your best bet.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 01:55 AM
Complaining about it on this forum won't get anything done.

No one the PSO2 dev team visit here.
You can try spamming Ichitaro's or G-heaven's twitter, since they seems to have the dev's hear.

But the survey they do every few month is your best bet.
ya I know this too, i should have mentioned that ya, ranting here won't do anything because of course JP Dev's wouldnt come here. Maybe I can take a poke at them on Twitter and see if they at least read it, be lucky if they respond but hey, maybe posting it every once and awhile they may take notice.

I'll think about the survey, maybe if psow can group together to form a full and complete survey then maybe it will take notice but idk if psow can pull this off and i would think the survey would have to be submitted multiple times with the same inquiries but maybe formatted differently so it doesnt look like pure spam

Kondibon
Apr 11, 2015, 01:56 AM
Honestly, I think if you include the portable games, PSU had a huge improvement over time. In fact I'd argue that PSP2i did a lot of things WAY better than PSO2 did, to the point where it feels like they just forgot what they learned when they started PSO2.

But no, everyone wants to imagine everything about the original PSU was bad.

That said, I don't see ground techs or new weapon types coming into the game at any reasonable point in the future so I wouldn't see the need to ask the kind of question that'd get a vague answer like "we aren't planning on it" or "Maybe a long time from now"

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 02:00 AM
Honestly, I think if you include the portable games, PSU had a huge improvement over time. In fact I'd argue that PSP2i did a lot of things WAY better than PSO2 did, to the point where it feels like they just forgot what they learned when they started PSO2.

But no, everyone wants to imagine everything about the original PSU was bad.

That said, I don't see ground techs or new weapon types coming into the game at any reasonable point in the future so I wouldn't see the need to ask the kind of question that'd get a vague answer like "we aren't planning on it" or "Maybe a long time from now"
I just want new things to do or things to do in general, doing DO's, XQCO's, TA's throughout the week for spending on scratches coming out isn't fun, a lot of people are caught up in this cycle (course not the ones who don't play this anymore but hover the forums or male characters) but it's old and it somehow keeps people hooked into doing this every month. I know people love their fashion and practically thats all this game has come to with releasing good things every idk 3-6months but man, idk how well this game is gonna keep doing in terms of gameplay and not just making them money off scratches, I know thats their thing just man, i guess it would be a good time to take a break from the game

I did like what they did with PSP2i, I thought it was practically the best your gonna be able to expand on PSU but not THE best PS game ever.

Kondibon
Apr 11, 2015, 02:10 AM
I just want new things to do or things to do in general, doing DO's, XQCO's, TA's throughout the week for spending on scratches coming out isn't fun, a lot of people are caught up in this cycle (course not the ones who don't play this anymore but hover the forums or male characters) but it's old and it somehow keeps people hooked into doing this every month. I know people love their fashion and practically thats all this game has come to with releasing good things every idk 3-6months but man, idk how well this game is gonna keep doing in terms of gameplay and not just making them money off scratches, I know thats their thing just man, i guess it would be a good time to take a break from the game

I did like what they did with PSP2i, I thought it was practically the best your gonna be able to expand on PSU but not THE best PS game ever.Don't get me wrong, I want actual new content as much as the next person, I just don't see the point of asking about it at a Q&A, the survey thing might be useful though.

And I never said PSP2i was the best PS game, just that it was worlds above original PSU despite still having things from it (like ground techs), and it did the class system and weapon usage in a much nicer way than PSU and PSO2. People irrationally hate it but the whole thing with weapon ratings (and having weapons in multiple ratings be useful) was a great way to balance weapon usage when compared to PSO2. :/

Sizustar
Apr 11, 2015, 02:13 AM

I did like what they did with PSP2i, I thought it was practically the best your gonna be able to expand on PSU but not THE best PS game ever.

PSO2 is one of Sega's biggest money maker and that's why with the restructring, they are putting more resource into it.

And regarding Psp2i, that's apprantly all Suganuma, as that's what he's famous for, and so far it seems like, he's been focusing on ingame and system change, like the recent Multi-search affix, and the BGM disk that was asked this time.

While Kimura is outfit and stuff.
Sakai...is just there doing...what ever it is he does?

So if anything, we can only wait and see if Sakai and Kimura will let Suganuma do more, like they did with the beginning of Episode 3, as he's nor more in the background, while Sakai and Kimura answer question on Live broadcast.

Kondibon
Apr 11, 2015, 02:14 AM
Sakai...is just there doing...what ever it is he does?Truer words have never been spoken.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 02:20 AM
And I never said PSP2i was the best PS game, just that it was worlds above original PSU despite still having things from it (like ground techs), and it did the class system and weapon usage in a much nicer way than PSU and PSO2. People irrationally hate it but the whole thing with weapon ratings (and having weapons in multiple ratings be useful) was a great way to balance weapon usage when compared to PSO2. :/
ahh I wasn't trying to say you were saying it was the best thing ever, it was just a general thought I had, it's good but not the best. But ya the wep rating's was a nice touch with the classes that I liked a lot

PSO2 is one of Sega's biggest money maker and that's why with the restructring, they are putting more resource into it.

And regarding Psp2i, that's apprantly all Suganuma, as that's what he's famous for, and so far it seems like, he's been focusing on ingame and system change, like the recent Multi-search affix, and the BGM disk that was asked this time.

While Kimura is outfit and stuff.
Sakai...is just there doing...what ever it is he does?

So if anything, we can only wait and see if Sakai and Kimura will let Suganuma do more, like they did with the beginning of Episode 3, as he's nor more in the background, while Sakai and Kimura answer question on Live broadcast.
Ya now that you said restructuring I kinda forgot they were even doing that, maybe this will help in the long run. Sugunuma is doing a wonderful job so far, I just wish he was in charge from the beginning, maybe things would be way different by now.

Dont know much about Kimura, Sakai just lol seems like he's there to make public appearances and that about it, he's there to be there to do what a Sakai does...is be there haha

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 11, 2015, 02:25 AM

I can make a few ideas, but it always circle's back into me stating so much unused potential in the game obviously... anyway, there's more they could do with ult like...

- make a single party quest version. 12man killsquads get boring, unless it's CM. The visual overload, and clusterfuck from the amount of shit in ult that spawns because 12 people are there is just tiring, and does not make the quest any more interesting.

- max ult infection on all enemies. Still vurnerable to stun, and freeze though. Add some value to actual control, rather than hitstunning stuff to death. Also, the game is more fun when things can actually be a threat to the player's success, outside of mobbing/multi-hitting (plus we have more than enough ways to deal with it). Got the idea from seeing enemies actually fight back in PSO1 ult mode, and there was nowhere near as much ways to avoid damage back then, so why is it we have so many outs when we can CC small enemies with normal striking attacks all day? The enemies should rightfully be more relentless than what they were in PSO1.

- adjust HP levels for 4 players accordingly. Spawn numbers should follow suit as normal.

There should be more things to test skillful play in smaller, more controlled group scenarios or something. Also an objective, an incentive, some sort of actual content progression... something to shoot for that isn't just making meseta, or farming that 1 in 10000 drop.

I do give SEGA props for challenge mode though; that is an example of good content. Hopefully they take a microscope to it, and find what makes it good, and use those elements in making more varied content, rather than be happy with slapping a paintjob on it for the next year and a half or something.

I have another idea, but it would probably involve changing a large part of the game: less massive hits that can take ~50% of a player's HP, and instead, let's have more weaker attacks that inflict a slow-stacking injury (i think this is similar to ninja giaden sigma 2 iirc). Of course you can still use mates, but consecutive hits are more punishing than 'i have to buy extra mates when I get back to the ship' since your max HP would go lower as you get hit. Using sol atomizer can get rid of it as usual, but having to stand still for so long to use one in the middle of a fight is a problem.

landman
Apr 11, 2015, 05:18 AM
Ok not all questions were made but most of them were relevant questions, I love the fact that we will be able to see what music discs we have registered into the room, I hope it can be seen in the player shop search.

And that's my wishful feature I may need to ask the next time there is a survey and if someone cares to translate it for me: filter tikets/music we already have registered.

For cast skin I was thinking maybe the face patterns from cast into fleshies? since cast can have a fleshie skin and meatbags can now wear some cast bodies.

And can someone explain what's dangerous about full black body tight?? or was it some specific thing about the Quna dress? black patterns + black = full black body... still don't know what the problem is, it's not like people are asking for "skin black/brown" color, just plain black.

Asdfv
Apr 11, 2015, 07:52 AM
And can someone explain what's dangerous about full black body tight?? or was it some specific thing about the Quna dress? black patterns + black = full black body... still don't know what the problem is, it's not like people are asking for "skin black/brown" color, just plain black.

Dengeki's paraphrased transcript actually mentions gold rather than black as the color that also crosses the line and it sounds like the question is about the full body tights bodypaints without any mention of Quna, although I've no idea what was said on the stream itself. I don't know what stands out about gold either.

Sizustar
Apr 11, 2015, 08:36 AM
Dengeki's paraphrased transcript actually mentions gold rather than black as the color that also crosses the line and it sounds like the question is about the full body tights bodypaints without any mention of Quna, although I've no idea what was said on the stream itself. I don't know what stands out about gold either.

It could be about Mel Kishida(Japanese artist that did art for games and stuff) and his cosplay outfits?
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/VB6yb8T.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

wefwq
Apr 11, 2015, 09:35 AM
It could be about Mel Kishida(Japanese artist that did art for games and stuff) and his cosplay outfits?
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/VB6yb8T.jpg[/spoiler-box]
He's living the dream

pkemr4
Apr 11, 2015, 02:17 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i.imgur.com/VB6yb8T.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

that last shot is Mmmmmm

RadiantLegend
Apr 11, 2015, 02:29 PM
Dem cast skins?

Asdfv
Apr 11, 2015, 02:59 PM
I think it's about having costume variations that retain casts' mechanical joints?