PDA

View Full Version : C-Mode being hacked?

Edson Drake
Apr 11, 2015, 06:01 PM
A while ago in a pub C-Mode run, after people began greeting each other and deciding on a VR manager, someone starts the teleporter and right before the 3 seconds count the commands lock-up. All input is locked. You can't press anything besides alt F4.

I think we all saw this happening before long time ago. This happened twice today and I had to exit the game because the person doing this(I noticed the same character in both games but I can't confirm), kept activating/deactivating the teleporter.

Leave the game once you see this, we don't want mass bans of innocent players. And once again, one more reason to play private games, what a shame.

TheszNuts
Apr 11, 2015, 06:45 PM
The final 3 seconds of the countdown? All mass transporters work in this manner...

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 07:04 PM
think you need some more details
-Eng or JP name? (not a racist thing but it helps)
-When the teleporter countdown finished, was it only you who stayed behind? others? or just one guy went ahead of everyone?
-Are you not missing any files that a file check could fix in the event this is the real issue
-Is your internet acting up to the point where it would make the game cause this (doesnt matter if it can happen or not)
-Are you sure you didn't press anything that could have caused this situation?
-Did you make sure to press T key?

The only thing I remember seeing was an Eng player going in block 20 (in videos) and killing them in the lobby where you couldn't go to campship and had to close and re-open

Edson Drake
Apr 11, 2015, 07:24 PM
think you need some more details
-Eng or JP name? (not a racist thing but it helps)
-When the teleporter countdown finished, was it only you who stayed behind? others? or just one guy went ahead of everyone?
-Are you not missing any files that a file check could fix in the event this is the real issue
-Is your internet acting up to the point where it would make the game cause this (doesnt matter if it can happen or not)
-Are you sure you didn't press anything that could have caused this situation?
-Did you make sure to press T key?

1- JP(name and ID but eng players also do this). I couldn't printscreen the player due to input being locked.
2- Nope everyone froze in place. All confused running except for this one bloke.
3- Nope, my install is flawless.
4- Nope, working correctly.
5- Yes.
6- Yes. As I said all input was locked, except for alt F4, which works for everything except for a hard crash.

the only thing I remember seeing was an Eng player going in block 20 (in videos) and killing them in the lobby where you couldn't go to campship and had to close and re-open

It's similar to that, but he doesn't kill anyone you just get you input locked and he's the only one able to activate/deactivate the teleporter.

I played dozens of C-Mode games today, and only these two had that issue, with the same player.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 07:29 PM
1- JP(name and ID but eng players also do this). I couldn't printscreen the player due to input being locked.
2- Nope everyone froze in place. All confused running except for this one bloke.
3- Nope, working correctly.
4- Yes.
5- Yes. As I said all input was locked, except for alt F4, which works for everything except for a hard crash.

I played dozens of C-Mode games today, and only these two had that issue, with the same player.

generally pressing T will lock everything up until you press it again, I know Eng players put their name in JP too but it's good to know which one it is.

Possibly it's someone trying to abuse something out of CM, I really don't know what you would benefit from freezing 11 of the others players up unless the guy is bored. Could be a JP or Eng player doing this for w/e reason but maybe this is getting reported more from other players by now. Maybe his connection is so bad it's causing this? I know I've played with people with bad connections where I start lagging then they DC from the game.

If you can possibly manage to find the guy again, maybe post a screenshot or report the guy, idk how psow would feel if you posted everything aside character name but it would be nice to know to avoid this guy. I haven't done CM since the first week of it so I can't do it much justice to help find/avoid/report the guy

Screenshots and videos would help greatly, difficult without this

Edson Drake
Apr 11, 2015, 07:36 PM
generally pressing T will lock everything up until you press it again, I know Eng players put their name in JP too but it's good to know which one it is.

Possibly it's someone trying to abuse something out of CM, I really don't know what you would benefit from freezing 11 of the others players up unless the guy is bored. Could be a JP or Eng player doing this for w/e reason but maybe this is getting reported more from other players by now. Maybe his connection is so bad it's causing this? I know I've played with people with bad connections where I start lagging then they DC from the game.

If you can possibly manage to find the guy again, maybe post a screenshot or report the guy, idk how psow would feel if you posted everything aside character name but it would be nice to know to avoid this guy. I haven't done CM since the first week of it so I can't do it much justice to help find/avoid/report the guy

I missed some points so I edited the post with a bit more info.

I don't know if it's his connection, but it seemed malicious as everyone was running around confused and no one said a thing(since input was locked) and only this same guy was normal, while everyone else was freaking out.

I'm not sure if it's possible to even printscreen since input is locked, with the exception of an external program, might be worth a try.

Also I know it may seem silly "OMG haxx0rs" but this is just a friendly warning. It would suck being banned because some idiot decided to use a hack in c-mode and everyone else gets banned too, because we all know Sega's stance "Nuke'em first, don't even ask questions".

TaigaUC
Apr 11, 2015, 07:46 PM
Not sure if it's the same bug, but I've seen people on this forum talk about a bug that locks input when using mass teleporters.
If it's the same one, it's been around for a while.
If not, then well... SEGA!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 11, 2015, 07:57 PM
A while ago in a pub C-Mode run, after people began greeting each other and deciding on a VR manager, someone starts the teleporter and right before the 3 seconds count the commands lock-up. All input is locked. You can't press anything besides alt F4.

I think we all saw this happening before long time ago. This happened twice today and I had to exit the game because the person doing this(I noticed the same character in both games but I can't confirm), kept activating/deactivating the teleporter.

Leave the game once you see this, we don't want mass bans of innocent players. And once again, one more reason to play private games, what a shame.

That's a glitch. This happens when someone cancels teleportation at just the right time. Connection of the person starting the teleporting may have something to do with it too. Right after the server gets the message to lock player controls until teleportation is finished, but before the teleportation actually happens.

This has been around for a long while.

Edson Drake
Apr 11, 2015, 08:09 PM
That's kind of a relief then. I'll report back if I notice the same pattern though.

wefwq
Apr 11, 2015, 09:26 PM
I think it's the bug that explained on Maninbluejumpsuit post above.
It can happen on any quest with mass teleporter, the main factor that causing it is network lag and latency as far as i can tell.

But yeah, i think c-mode are also being hacked but in this case it's kinda different.
Some guy tells that he's seeing all enemies on first mission map suddenly got poison status out of nowhere, i think you might aware about this OP, to prevent unwanted report and ban.

Screenshots and videos would help greatly, difficult without this
Pressing [T] will enable mouse pointer, it will only disable mouse camera input while retaining any keyboard input, so it's not the problem.

Poyonche
Apr 12, 2015, 04:10 AM
Any videos of the guy killing people in lobby ?

Edit : Nvm, found one when AIDA get killed in lobby :3

LordKaiser
Apr 12, 2015, 01:15 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/NhoxMSM.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

They're back....

milranduil
Apr 12, 2015, 01:42 PM
You realize by posting that you give them exactly the attention they crave right? Just ignore them and don't give them the attention they seek, it's that simple.

Dugs
Apr 13, 2015, 03:56 AM
You realize by posting that you give them exactly the attention they crave right? Just ignore them and don't give them the attention they seek, it's that simple.

Every single time a screenshot of that has been posted, SOMEONE says this. It's like a broken record at this point, from both points...

sol_trigger
Apr 13, 2015, 05:07 AM
spent 3usd and this is what i got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fyrhZdeLSw

the hack is too cheap lol

Poyonche
Apr 13, 2015, 05:49 AM
Wtf with the links. :0

ArcaneTechs
Apr 13, 2015, 05:59 AM
lock or delete this thread already