PDA

View Full Version : This has me spooked!

SuperCentipede
Apr 11, 2015, 10:29 PM
This morning, while I was in Desert Exploration, this chat appeared from someone called "PSO-hack.com" with the message: TEST

If people keep hacking the game like this, it's only going to be a matter of time before Sega starts purging the game of foreigners again! :cry:

Chimeria
Apr 11, 2015, 10:35 PM
Yeah, that happened to me as well a while back. It was kind of strange but I didn't think much of it. To be honest, I've never seen an obvious hacker in pso2.

wefwq
Apr 11, 2015, 10:39 PM
This morning, while I was in Desert Exploration, this chat appeared from someone called "PSO-hack.com" with the message: TEST

If people keep hacking the game like this, it's only going to be a matter of time before Sega starts purging the game of foreigners again! :cry:
They already did to us SEAmen.
And you can just ignore those "hacker" people, stop giving them attention they want.

Shinamori
Apr 11, 2015, 10:45 PM

Sega isn't going to to anything. They been doing this for the past 2+ years.

KazukiQZ
Apr 11, 2015, 10:47 PM
And you can just ignore those "hacker" people, stop giving them attention they want.
-28th May 2014, Never Forget- :(

ArcaneTechs
Apr 11, 2015, 10:48 PM
delete thread, stop making threads everytime they do this, rule of thumb by now

SuperCentipede
Apr 11, 2015, 10:53 PM
How often do they do this?

ashley50
Apr 11, 2015, 11:01 PM
Not often.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/ie6eFPv.jpg[/spoiler-box]

strikerhunter
Apr 11, 2015, 11:01 PM
How often do they do this?

They been doing this for the past 2+ years.
About 1,2-5 times every season?

Flaoc
Apr 12, 2015, 12:02 AM
its just zapero looking for some lovin.. nothing unusual

TaigaUC
Apr 12, 2015, 05:53 AM
They do it once or twice a month. Fairly often, but not too often.
If SEGA gave a shit, they would probably fix that global whisper feature.

Zorak000
Apr 12, 2015, 02:13 PM
its just buttmaster looking for some lovin.. nothing unusual

yeah they are just testing the their junk; though I can't seem to search for them anymore in arks search; I know I blacklisted a lot of their accounts, but for some reason I don't get any search hits on whatever character they use to whisper from.

I know I am searching the correct name because I exit the game, allow the game to generate the log files from that session, then copy the correct info from there to do my searches with. but for some reason I haven't got any matches anymore

EDIT: oh yeah can we just refer to them as "buttmaster" or something that is not in any way related to their name from here on out?

the_importer_
Apr 12, 2015, 02:18 PM
And this is why I'm happy not to reside in ship 02.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 14, 2015, 03:54 PM
What I wanna know is how are they getting our names? That's kinda concerning.

Now i'm not trying to give them "attention" but our accounts in danger or something? That's all I want to know. How are they whispering us when we arent even around them nor do they actually know us.

bhaal
Apr 14, 2015, 04:15 PM

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/dPl36WV.jpg[/spoiler-box]

milranduil
Apr 14, 2015, 04:28 PM
What I wanna know is how are they getting our names? That's kinda concerning.

Now i'm not trying to give them "attention" but our accounts in danger or something? That's all I want to know. How are they whispering us when we arent even around them nor do they actually know us.

They whisper everyone on the ship, so no.

GHNeko
Apr 15, 2015, 12:39 PM
Was the Waifu Sale whisper by the same people?

Because they sent like 3-4 whispers within an hour.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 15, 2015, 12:55 PM
They whisper everyone on the ship, so no.

How do they manage to get all of our names and then whisper us though? That's the "creepy" part that they seem to know our in game ID names then they whisper us. That's the part that I want to know.

GHNeko
Apr 15, 2015, 12:58 PM
They don't get all our names.

They're illegally using a global whisper feature that sends blanket whispers to almost everyone.

I say almost, because sometimes everyone in my team who's online gets a whisper, but I dont.

Anduril
Apr 15, 2015, 01:00 PM
How do they manage to get all of our names and then whisper us though? That's the "creepy" part that they seem to know our in game ID names then they whisper us. That's the part that I want to know.
It's most likely not that they are getting all our Player IDs, more that they have found a way to just send a mass whisper to all connected players, similar to how system messages are sent out or how the proxy's global chat operates.

Vintasticvin
Apr 15, 2015, 01:26 PM
They're illegally using a global whisper feature that sends blanket whispers to almost everyone.

^This

Achelousaurus
Apr 15, 2015, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that happened to me as well a while back. It was kind of strange but I didn't think much of it. To be honest, I've never seen an obvious hacker in pso2.
You've never seen Szidan lobby dancing with friend partners?

Sega isn't going to to anything. They been doing this for the past 2+ years.
You mean 14.
Hackers/cheaters have not actually done any harm yet. Someone linked a hack vid in another topic and it was no faster killing than a good ra.
As opposed to the huge amount of shit in previous Phantasy Star games. Considering Sega's larger than Jupiter mass intertia I suppose before there are a lot of complaints about serious hacking (cutting into Sega's profits, Noling, etc.) Sega will not even bat an eyelid.

yeah they are just testing the their junk; though I can't seem to search for them anymore in arks search; I know I blacklisted a lot of their accounts, but for some reason I don't get any search hits on whatever character they use to whisper from.
That is a really common bug and has nothing to do with cheating.
Happens to me all the time with random people.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 15, 2015, 04:22 PM
Alright thanks for the explanation :D

Dammy
Apr 16, 2015, 02:07 AM
That is a really common bug and has nothing to do with cheating.
Happens to me all the time with random people.

Hmm, are you guys sure you search people by their full name/id and not partial? because that was disabled, only team search work like that now

Achelousaurus
Apr 16, 2015, 03:27 AM
Yes, even when seeing the person in the lobby and making sure I got it exactly right it sometimes doesn't work.

KazukiQZ
Apr 16, 2015, 07:21 AM
^You can just directly click him, and blacklist at the spot.

Vintasticvin
Apr 16, 2015, 08:06 AM
Until they start "player killing" or crashing the ship then I would consider going batshit crazy and flinging poop at each other while swinging on a chandelier.

Achelousaurus
Apr 17, 2015, 05:23 AM
^You can just directly click him, and blacklist at the spot.
It wasn't about blacklisting, but rather about the ARKs Search of the Visiphone failing frequently.

mctastee
Apr 21, 2015, 12:13 AM
That guy does that everyone once in a while. It goes to everyone on the ship.