PDA

View Full Version : PC Hunter Mag, questions

luisangel2221
Apr 12, 2015, 05:23 PM
So I'm a lvl 22 Hunter (ya im new to the game) and I'm feeding my Mag with melee weapons, but it raises my s-atk and my dex. Should I keep going and lvling my dex or should I lower it and let it lvl 0 and maxing S-atk or what? I also heard there's an annoying knockup from S-atk so I really don't know how to feed my Mag. Thanks.

Mattykins
Apr 12, 2015, 05:25 PM
Just S-ATK. Feed it 9* melee weapons and, when Dex gets close to completing, feed it 4* furniture or some of those mates that raises S-ATK. I don't remember which.

Anduril
Apr 12, 2015, 05:37 PM
Just S-ATK. Feed it 9* melee weapons and, when Dex gets close to completing, feed it 4* furniture or some of those mates that raises S-ATK. I don't remember which.
4* furniture and monomates; monomates raise S-DEF as well, but the weapons will lower it.

monkeyscythe
Apr 12, 2015, 05:41 PM
4 star furniture is 3k meseta each so if you want you can alternate feeding it 2 and 5 star furniture (3-400 meseta each)

LordKaiser
Apr 12, 2015, 05:44 PM
Just feed the MAG 3 Vopar Statues to lower the dex. Sadly it's widely known and Vopar statues are over priced so you may want to hunt them on the Floating Facility but it'll take time. To not overcome the Dex you will feed 2 9* melee weapons and 1 8* weapon.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 12, 2015, 05:52 PM
So I'm a lvl 22 Hunter (ya im new to the game) and I'm feeding my Mag with melee weapons, but it raises my s-atk and my dex. Should I keep going and lvling my dex or should I lower it and let it lvl 0 and maxing S-atk or what? I also heard there's an annoying knockup from S-atk so I really don't know how to feed my Mag. Thanks.

You know your stuff for being new... anyway since others answered you about the feeding regiment, yes the S atk mag does sport an annoying knockup. You'll want to fix that by getting a mag device to change its auto attack for two excubes from the excube shop, preferably after it evolves for the last time (lvl100 if you don't plan on adjusting its stat distribution outside of pure S atk so it does not evolve again) so you don't have to get a second device.

I have a preference for having my mag shoot techs for a chance at a stat effect (preferably megid). You can choose from basic techs that can inflict status effects, elemental/non-elemental ranged attacks, some of which pierce/explode, or a knockdown/normal strike.

The list of options starts under the units http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/shop_04.php#nav

Also, cirnopedia still has a few outdated things;

-you get one class-specific excube for leveling at the new level cap (75), which can be traded for 2 normal excubes at the recycle shop, but currently 9 class-specific excubes are needed for two extra skill points per class, so you might not want to turn those in for regular cubes so fast.

-you can trade in 11* weapons for excubes as well.

Since you're bound to see them, yes there are devices to change the mag's photon blast too.

luisangel2221
Apr 12, 2015, 06:30 PM

Does it really needs to be 9* weapon? cus dude im just lvl 22 and 5* stars is like rare for me. Does it matters how many stats have the weapons i give to my mag?

Rayden
Apr 12, 2015, 06:43 PM
You don't have to use 9 star weapons, but 9 star weapons will level your mag up much faster. Just search the player shops for 9 star melee weapons. You should easily find plenty for sale at 1k meseta.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 12, 2015, 07:49 PM
You don't have to use 9 star weapons, but 9 star weapons will level your mag up much faster. Just search the player shops for 9 star melee weapons. You should easily find plenty for sale at 1k meseta.

They don't go for minimum price because they're the best mag food.

Korazenn
Apr 14, 2015, 06:11 PM
You can feed your Mag more than just Hunter weapons.

Any Melee weapons (indicated by an orange icon next to their name) at any Rarity from 1-9*s can be fed to your Mag. You definitely should go pure S-ATK. You can buy 4* Room Furniture from the My Room Shop in the Shop Area of the Lobby at the cheapest price. Most players don't sell 4* Furniture less than 5000 Meseta on the Player Shops, so the My Room Shop is your best bet.

The weapons you can feed your Mag to raise its S-ATK are: Swords, Wired Lances, Partisans, Twin Daggers, Double Sabers, Knuckles, Katanas, Dual Blades, and Gunslashes. Before the DEX level increases or gets too close to leveling up, feed it a 4* Room Furniture item.

Hope that helps!

Dephinix
Apr 14, 2015, 06:37 PM

Try 5-20k. You might find someone selling one or two at that price after an eq, but lately it seems like only 7*s go at that price, or 2100 that is. Of course,
striking weapons have it much worse.

red1228
Apr 14, 2015, 06:45 PM
Try 5-20k. You might find someone selling one or two at that price after an eq, but lately it seems like only 7*s go at that price, or 2100 that is. Of course,

Even 7* / 8* striking weapons don't stay in the 1k range for long. I try to buy them when I need Ironia / Steenia for crafting & there's usually only a few before their average price jumps up to 5k or more.

Korazenn
Apr 14, 2015, 07:25 PM

Mag adjustments come with April 22nd update, making this no longer a necessity.

You can get 7*s still for a relatively cheap price. Even then, 4*s raise it nicely too until it gets into the later levels. But it will be "much" faster with the update on April 22nd.

So I wouldn't worry about how people are trying to scare you here on the thread for long. You don't need to worry about hitting that "level grind" on your Mag's feeding schedule until waaay later now with the update.

Feed your Mag anything from 1-9* Melee Weapons as I previously mentioned, lowering DEX when it gets to that point it's about to level by feeding your Mag 4* Furniture (which WILL be the bite in your wallet, actually, after the Mag update, but it's worth it!). You're just getting started really, so I doubt your Mag is that high a level (if you have started leveling it yet or not). I usually go for 2-4*s unless I find a good 7*-9* to feed the Mag before it hits Lv. 100. But with the update, you can maybe push feeding it mostly 4*s until Lv. 120, or so. When it gets to a point where you say to yourself "okay, this just isn't feasible any longer", you feed your Mag higher rarity items.

LordKaiser
Apr 14, 2015, 08:35 PM
Sometimes is a pain to find MAG feed when there's so many 10* at 1k meseta. I hope SEGA fix the filter soon.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 14, 2015, 09:19 PM
Sometimes is a pain to find MAG feed when there's so many 10* at 1k meseta. I hope SEGA fix the filter soon.

So much of this.

Charmeleon
Apr 14, 2015, 09:23 PM
Search for 9* and above weapons, then sort by rarity afterwards. 9*s will appear at the top.

Korazenn
Apr 14, 2015, 09:46 PM
Search for 9* and above weapons, then sort by rarity afterwards. 9*s will appear at the top.

That is still such a backwards method, though. I agree with LordKaiser that SEGA should fix the filter for the item search in Player Shops. That seems to be one of the potential fixes to a major issue here.

It used to be a lot less to buy most 7-9* weapons just a little over a year ago (almost every Aristin on sale that wasn't grinded, for instance, was 1,050 Meseta). Sure, 1K Meseta doesn't make 'that' much a difference, but the common drops you find in travels are now becoming more of rarity to see in player shops due to the usage they have now in Crafting and for feeding Mags (thus, supply vs. demand is causing prices to hike up).

Now, don't get me wrong: it's insanely easy to get Meseta now, especially if you have multiple characters on the same account, by doing Daily Orders which is also have the benefit of being easier and nowhere near as boring as those repetitious, daily TACO runs were back in the day because the orders swap out...well...daily.

That makes getting the Meseta to purchase the items in Player Shops a lot easier, and you can start doing DOs (unlike TACOs) from the outset. But the problem we face now is availability of items in Player Shops. There are certain weapons and tickets (tickets have it the worst atm) where we see plenty of them completely out of stock or nearing it and they're either not getting revived (for AC Scratch items) or the droprates can be fickle, leading to an increase in demand for items that there is limited supply of.

I honestly think there should be more than just a couple of revival AC Scratches here-and-then. More costumes, tickets, lobby actions, etc., still need to be revived because they've been tapped dry and newer players can't get them for a feasible price.

Just like those, weapons have this same issue. It's availability: because more people need 7-9*s now for Crafting purposes *as well as* feeding their Mags, those weapons that used to be "junk" are now actually needed, and even though it seems to be easier to find those uncommon 7-9* drops, people don't put them up on Player Shops as much any longer because they need it for either of those two reasons, or can sell them just as easily for about the price they're worth at an Item Shop instantly (even I do this at times even though I'm now Premium...sorry, force of habit! ^^').

So, this is one of those situations that are hard to fix for SEGA. I'm hoping they find a viable workaround for Melee weapons especially so that those 9*s could be cheaper than they are now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 14, 2015, 09:58 PM

Burn the witch.

Either way, we can agree their shop functionality needed serious work like... two years ago.

Korazenn
Apr 15, 2015, 02:19 AM

Burn the witch.

Either way, we can agree their shop functionality needed serious work like... two years ago.

Haha. So true! xD

Dephinix
Apr 15, 2015, 02:28 AM
Two 7* weapons, nothing else. The struggle is real.