PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Shortcut Phrases for CM?

MooingRed
Apr 12, 2015, 07:13 PM
I was inspired by Z-0's post (on a thread that I can't link due to post count)
(For joining, I usually do this:

空いていますか? - Is there still room?
[If yes]
外国人ですが 参加してもいいですか? - I'm a foreigner but is it alright if I still join?

And then it's fine after that, nobody has any ill-will towards 外人 if you know how to not be useless and can communicate the basics).
and was wondering if there was something a little more expanded on the speaking with Japanese players part.

I'm thinking along the lines of "Essential Japanese Shortcut Phrases for CM". Examples could include "Does anyone have Foie", "I'll go top right", or "I'll lure the boss". Is this a thing?

Mildora
Apr 12, 2015, 07:28 PM
At this point I'd rather just learn basic Japanese but the idea might be more complex than it sounds.
None the less, nice thread.

Asdfv
Apr 12, 2015, 08:20 PM
Here are some generic phrases plus whatever else I could think of relevant:

Asking for items:
Xありませんか - Is there X?
X余っていませんか - Is there leftover X? / X in surplus?
X余ってる人いませんか - Is there anyone with X in surplus?
Xあったらください - If X shows up, please give it to me

Fill X with a desired item and # with a quantity (or omit the last 2 characters to not specify):

武器#個 weapons
ユニット#個 units
ディスク#枚 discs
グラインダー#個 grinders

(モノ/ディ/トリ)メイト (mono/di/tri)mate
ライフル rifle
ガンスラ(ッシュ) gunsla(sh)
コモンランチャー common launcher
コモンDB common DB
ザンバ zanba
(T)ヤスミ(ノコフ2000H) (t) yasmi(nkov2000H)
サテ(ライトエイム) sate(llite aim)
ヤスミやサテ yasmi and sate
フォイエ foie
クラスター(バレット) cluster (bullet)
ラグラ(ンツ) ragra(nts)
ライドスラッシャー ride slasher
シンフォ(ニックドライブ) sympho(nic drive)
リア rear [unit]
アーム arm [unit]
レッグ leg [unit]
ブリッツ blitz [unit from tagamikadzuchi]

(the parts in parentheses are usually omitted to shorten the terms)

Picking a direction:
Xいきます - I'll go X

Fill X with a desired direction or even just say X alone:
左 left
右 right
左上 top left
右上 top right
左下 bottom left
右下 bottom right

Announcing roles:
管理します - I'll manage [VR]
先行します - I'll go on ahead [to intervals to lock the VR drain]
ファンジやります - I'll do Funji
タゲやります - I'll take on aggro [for the whole run, if said at the start of the run]
タゲとります - I'll draw aggro [for this specific instance, if said as the danger is about to show up]

Misc:
<pi> 置きました - I put down <pi>
<t> 頂きます - I'll be taking <t>
ありです - ty
thx - thx
ありがとです - thanks
ありがとう - thank you
ありがとうございます - thank you very much
ひ / ひばしら - fire / flame pillars [burn draal's, as a warning from the aggro drawer when it enters that stage]

Eternal255
Apr 12, 2015, 08:21 PM
I was actually thinking of doing the same thing. But I was gonna just use google translate and sound like a moron but if someone else can translate stuff that would be cool.

I know there's a tool that you can use in game that floats on top of the game which translates all texts typed (using google translate) real time, so you could use that to help you figure out what people are saying and which shortcuts to use.

edit: asdfv's post seems to work [=

Couple phrases I was curious about-

#武器を必要とする - I need # weapons (is this correct? is there a better way to ask for weapons/items you need to trade in shop?)

also how do you say anything about the VR items?

Asdfv
Apr 12, 2015, 09:22 PM
If you want to announce you'll be taking on the role of VR manager at the start of the run, VR管理します should do. If for whatever reason you are going to pick up a VR capsule outside of that role and want to give a warning, something like VR15%拾います might do.

If you found and picked up hidden VR outside of the role and want to announce it, (X)隠しVR取りました could do, with X specifying the location (or not):
左上の - top left (at M7)
中央の - center (at M7)
<pos>での - at <pos> (at M9)

As for asking for weapons, such quantities in Japanese are oddly phrased more as adverbs than as adjectives, so it'd be 武器を#つ rather than #武器を. 必要とする might be a bit too heavy. Alternatives could be
武器1つほしい - I want 1 weapon
武器1つください - Please give me 1 weapon
武器1つお願いします - 1 weapon, please
武器1つ余ってませんか - Is there 1 weapon extra?

Ordy
Apr 12, 2015, 09:38 PM
Really helpful thread, going to use this a lot in the 2ch runs, thank you guys !

jiasu73
Apr 12, 2015, 09:44 PM
dang im getting a bad feeling about this

TaigaUC
Apr 12, 2015, 10:05 PM
Maybe I'll link to this thread from my guide.

Shinamori
Apr 12, 2015, 10:09 PM
How say "Please get Challenge Dolls." or something along those lines.

Stickboy
Apr 12, 2015, 11:09 PM
does google crapslate en to jp works?

wefwq
Apr 12, 2015, 11:15 PM
does google crapslate en to jp works?
For communication needs?
Google translator (or other machine translator in general) produce lots of error, even for some simple phrase.
Your cover will be blown in no time.

pkemr4
Apr 12, 2015, 11:44 PM
i can see 2ch using this against people trying to join there mpa's

loool
Apr 13, 2015, 03:38 AM
I know there's a tool that you can use in game that floats on top of the game which translates all texts typed (using google translate) real time, so you could use that to help you figure out what people are saying and which shortcuts to use.

Whaa? What tool is this!?

final_attack
Apr 13, 2015, 04:08 AM
Whaa? What tool is this!?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204921

Kayarine
Apr 14, 2015, 11:40 AM
I tried compiling a list like this for quests in general a long time ago, but there were still problems with average foreigners communicating... It just made it harder for the japanese to tell who actually knew Japanese, so all it did was make party stuff become more complex to keep foreigners who don't know JP out. :-?

I recommend just trying to learn basic japanese instead of using shortcuts like this.

TheszNuts
Apr 14, 2015, 01:00 PM
I tried compiling a list like this for quests in general a long time ago, but there were still problems with average foreigners communicating... It just made it harder for the japanese to tell who actually knew Japanese, so all it did was make party stuff become more complex to keep foreigners who don't know JP out. :-?

I recommend just trying to learn basic japanese instead of using shortcuts like this.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207323
U mean this? It's still effective for TA

Eternal255
Apr 15, 2015, 11:38 PM

Well I mean with that translator tool I'm sure it could help. Not perfect but there are not-so-fluent jp speaking people in japan as well

Cadfael
Apr 16, 2015, 08:16 AM
I've seen people use 月 as to refer to moon atomizers. Is that acceptable/will people understand me if I use it?

TaigaUC
Apr 16, 2015, 08:26 AM
I use that. It means moon or month. Read as getsu, gatsu or tsuki.

wefwq
Apr 16, 2015, 08:46 AM
I've seen people use 月 as to refer to moon atomizers. Is that acceptable/will people understand me if I use it?
bunch of JP actually use it.

A.N.Whitehead
Sep 17, 2015, 12:00 PM
How say "Please get Challenge Dolls." or something along those lines.

This might be too late a response to the question , but literally, that's "チャレンジドールをひろってください" If you want to be more polite, you could also say "よろしければ、チャレンジドールをひろってください", which is basically the translation of "Please get Challenge Dolls, if you like" Hope this helps.

A.N.Whitehead
Sep 17, 2015, 12:08 PM
I was inspired by Z-0's post (on a thread that I can't link due to post count) and was wondering if there was something a little more expanded on the speaking with Japanese players part.

I'm thinking along the lines of "Essential Japanese Shortcut Phrases for CM". Examples could include "Does anyone have Foie", "I'll go top right", or "I'll lure the boss". Is this a thing?

I find really helpful the idea of compiling "Essential Japanese Shortcut Phrases for CM." As a native speaker of Japanese, I can translate into Japanese any English phrases that you think are useful for communicating with JP-players. Like the following: "Does anyone have Foie"="だれかフォイエもってますか?"; "I'll go top right"="右上にいきます" (in mission 7, I guess); "I'll lure the boss"="ボスをつります"