PDA

View Full Version : Slow connection?

Shinamori
Apr 15, 2015, 11:52 AM
Did anyone suddenly get disconnected and is now loading really slow? I was able to play fine, then as soon as I left my room, connection to the servers went to shit. It even takes a min to connect to PSO2 site.

cheapgunner
Apr 15, 2015, 11:54 AM
Me as well. And I was 1/2 way done on Sanctum SH TA. >.> Might just wait a couple hours till it gets settled.

Shinamori
Apr 15, 2015, 11:56 AM
I'm on Comcast if that says anything.

cheapgunner
Apr 15, 2015, 11:58 AM
I'm on Comcast if that says anything.

Me as well. Might try vpn to see if anything changes.

Flaoc
Apr 15, 2015, 11:59 AM
its definately not just you.. on twc also getting extreme server lag.. been getting it since the morning and then it escalated into something worse about 8 mins ago

Shinamori
Apr 15, 2015, 11:59 AM
Comcast doing shit then. Funny thing is, I can load the launcher just fine.

Anduril
Apr 15, 2015, 12:00 PM
I was in some kind of limbo: I wasn't getting disconnected and the upload and download icons were going like normal, but anything I did didn't seem to register; I couldn't change my mag or switch weapons, and going to the class counter I was able to select all the options, but trying to actually switch classes gave me a never ending loading circle. On TWC.

cheapgunner
Apr 15, 2015, 12:02 PM
I can load pso2.jp so there's that ( it's super slow laoding but at least I can connect ).

Superia
Apr 15, 2015, 12:04 PM
It has been pretty bad for me today.

jiasu73
Apr 15, 2015, 12:07 PM
no problems here so far, west coast/ att

Shinamori
Apr 15, 2015, 12:10 PM
Seems like it's a Comcast/twc thing.

Sora3100
Apr 15, 2015, 12:10 PM
I just experienced this, was doing TACOs and got a random disconnect, now my connection to pso2.jp is terrible.
Might be that some server routing us to pso2.jp died

My ISP is UPC Hungary

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 15, 2015, 12:11 PM
My connection was perfectly fine until the DF elder EQ that just started. As soon as the eq came at 9:45am my game started lagging stupidly bad >.< Now it's completely unplayable due to the lag.

I can log in but it takes me a while to do so.

Ryudo
Apr 15, 2015, 12:12 PM
I'm on UPC in ireland and I'm having the same problem, also getting 630'd

Z-0
Apr 15, 2015, 12:14 PM
Moved to VPN, everything is fine.

Otherwise, cannot connect at all. Sky/UK.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 15, 2015, 12:21 PM
Uh oh? Did sega block us again? :O

Now I know this forum HATES the "sega blocked us" quote but its just weird that it always happens at "key" moments like right now as soon as the EQ was announced the lag started. before the eq was announced my game was working perfectly.

Well to be fair we haven't been "blocked" yet, but the game is pretty much unplayable for me.

Flaoc
Apr 15, 2015, 12:29 PM
Moved to VPN, everything is fine.

Otherwise, cannot connect at all. Sky/UK.

switched to the proxy and all of a sudden lag issues are gone.. guess its time ruiner being itself again

nanamin
Apr 15, 2015, 12:30 PM
Multiple 630's unplayable lag.

ISP: Comhem

Seems like Sega did something.

EDIT: Tried with AWS/putty, and everything is back to normal.

GHNeko
Apr 15, 2015, 12:31 PM
Uh oh? Did sega block us again? :O

They never blocked us in the first place lol.

Multiple 630's unplayable lag.

ISP: Comhem

Seems like Sega did something.

EDIT: Tried with AWS/putty, and everything is back to normal.

why are people already assuming that Sega is doing something when it could very well something with Japan's backbone.

Are they doing maintenance on that big ass internet cable that travels across the sea again? Transatlantic communications cable?

When they do maintenance on that thing, we tend to experience lag and connection issues like this, dont we?

Scale of Judgment
Apr 15, 2015, 12:31 PM
Block would mean you wouldn't be able to connect.

EvilMag
Apr 15, 2015, 12:34 PM
No issues here. AT&T.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 15, 2015, 12:35 PM
rip comcast round 2

not sure it really matter but i know twc was having problems last night they got ddosd or something

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 15, 2015, 12:39 PM
They never blocked us in the first place lol.

why are people already assuming that Sega is doing something when it could very well something with Japan's backbone.

Are they doing maintenance on that big ass internet cable that travels across the sea again? Transatlantic communications cable?

When they do maintenance on that thing, we tend to experience lag and connection issues like this, dont we?

Is this a fact? Or is it just simply speculation on your part? Now I am fully aware that the whole "sega blocked us" is purely speculation, however you seem to be certain that it wasn't a block from them.

Mind explaining this? I mean if you have proof that sega didn't block us then by all means please share it with me. Otherwise the whole "sega didn't block us!" is just as retarded as the whole "sega blocked us" thing ^^;

ZcRaider
Apr 15, 2015, 12:40 PM
I have Comcast. Game has been working flawlessly for 6+ months now. No connection issues what so ever. No VPN needed.

Game was working fine earlier this morning. Now, I cannot connect anymore. Error 249. :-(

Hoping this is not a permanent thing. Grew fond of playing pso2 again...

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 15, 2015, 12:41 PM
I'm on TWC and I can still connect, but like I said it's unplayable even if I can still connect. I'm guessing TWC soon wont be able to connect again.

I hope this isn't the case since I to have gotten used to being able to play normally for a long time now.

nanamin
Apr 15, 2015, 12:44 PM
I think it's too early to come up with any answer, but on the other hand, if this is the result of a backbone maintenance, it would be hard to explain why people are able to connect and play without lag using VPN or AWS.

Azure Falcon
Apr 15, 2015, 12:46 PM
Experiencing the same issues here in the UK, both on BT Wholesale and Virgin Media connections. The only difference I'm noticing here is that upon running a trace route to pso2.jp the hops it takes are quite a bit different to what it was the last time I checked (a few months ago when I stopped having to proxy), after the softbank hop it normally only went a few more before hitting pso2.jp at about 17, now it takes a load more hops to various IPs and goes to 27 before hitting the target.

A friend in the Netherlands connected fine and had no lag in Falz Arms, but his trace route can't hit pso2.jp by the end of 30 hops.

GHNeko
Apr 15, 2015, 12:46 PM
Is this a fact? Or is it just simply speculation on your part? Now I am fully aware that the whole "sega blocked us" is purely speculation, however you seem to be certain that it wasn't a block from them.

Mind explaining this? I mean if you have proof that sega didn't block us then by all means please share it with me. Otherwise the whole "sega didn't block us!" is just as retarded as the whole "sega blocked us" thing ^^;

Because there were various people who could still play with foreign connections directly.

Because when you tried to tracert/ping PSO2's site and servers, the attempts would time out; not reach their destination and simply be refused. The prior does not indicate a block; the latter does.

There were several threads of people talking to their own personal ISPs (me included) of whom most to all were told that there was a DNS routing issue that was occuring because either Sega or Sega's ISP Backbone was not updating the routing table that allowed foreign connections to properly connect to their servers.

Of course, this issue eventually resolved itself; recently rather where ISPs who kept timing out where suddenly able to connect again.

The most important aspect of this post is that if incoming connections are blocked; they will not time out. They will simply reach their destination asap; and be denied.

I dont know if you were there for the whole detective debacle ongoing on the forums or not; but there was more evidence for the statement; "This is a RNS routing table issue" then there ever was for "Yeah Sega Blocked us."

Cyber Meteor
Apr 15, 2015, 01:04 PM
Happening to me too, i can log in, but i'm bound to get a 630 after 5 mins in-game, ISP : SFR. So my guess is maybe a maintenance somewhere on the route to connect to PSO2. I got something like this happening to me last month but it was due to the Large Patch, once i removed it, it was gone; but this time i haven't the Large patch on so that leaves less possibilities. Also, do jp players have some connection problem too?, when i checked the blocks (on Ship 2), none were full on freemium space not even b13, while the eq was on.

Dephinix
Apr 15, 2015, 01:36 PM
Is it only supposed to be certain things? Messaging is the same as always, so is mag, for me. Mail, checking friends/team list, and viewing character info gives me a bit of lag.

landman
Apr 15, 2015, 01:39 PM
It disconnected me on falz music too (unsure of the time), and I just logged in now but it's very laggy. Connecting from spain, isp altecom.

Sora3100
Apr 15, 2015, 01:54 PM
Seems to be improving on my side.

Anduril
Apr 15, 2015, 01:56 PM
Seems to be improving on my side.
Yeah, the site is loading pretty quickly again.

Nulve
Apr 15, 2015, 02:09 PM
It seems back to normal now.

Stickboy
Apr 15, 2015, 02:20 PM
is it because of that falz eq or something?

Anduril
Apr 15, 2015, 02:40 PM
is it because of that falz eq or something?
Guess we'll find out with the next EQ.

Achelousaurus
Apr 15, 2015, 03:50 PM
During Falz I was not even able to play.
Constantly 630 and when I relogged right again before I was able to do anything, no chat, no mag feeding, no cos, nothing.

nanamin
Apr 15, 2015, 03:50 PM
I don't think so, since I'm at Ship 08, and we didn't have the Flaz eq.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 15, 2015, 03:52 PM
It seems to be back to normal for me. There was a TD2 EQ and the game was perfectly fine with only the usual lag lol.

I hope it was just a false alarm. :)

ZcRaider
Apr 15, 2015, 04:03 PM
Ya... Things are back to normal for me as well. Whew...close one. I'll try not to flinch next time LOL :-)

EvilJohn
Apr 15, 2015, 04:19 PM
Hey guys i'm on cox cable 60down 8 up and not having any lag at all today(just quit playing 5 mins ago)

GHNeko
Apr 15, 2015, 04:41 PM
Let this be a lesson to you all.

Just because PSO2 is lagging for you, doesnt mean Sega is pushing the big red button that is labled, "BAN ALL FOREIGNERS."

There are a sizable selection of factors that are included when it comes to our connection quality to their servers.

Our local wiring, our ISPs, our backbones, wiring across the ocean, Japan wiring, japan backbone, japan isps, sega servers...

Just to name some of them.

Let's try not to feed into phobia every time something odd starts to occur.

Anduril
Apr 15, 2015, 05:02 PM

Just because PSO2 is lagging for you, doesnt mean Sega is pushing the big red button that is labled, "BAN ALL FOREIGNERS."

There are a sizable selection of factors that are included when it comes to our connection quality to their servers.

Our local wiring, our ISPs, our backbones, wiring across the ocean, Japan wiring, japan backbone, japan isps, sega servers...

Yeah, odds are it was just a network issue on TWC/Comcast's end (I don't doubt they have already combined their networks with their pending merger, and some foreign ISPs probably use their paths); I was having issues connecting to other sites at the same time, notably Pixiv was going just as slowly as pso2.jp at the time.

NotRankin
Apr 15, 2015, 05:19 PM

I really wish I didn't read this thread. People freak out way too much.

Dephinix
Apr 15, 2015, 05:24 PM
Yeah, odds are it was just a network issue on TWC/Comcast's end (I don't doubt they have already combined their networks with their pending merger, and some foreign ISPs probably use their paths); I was having issues connecting to other sites at the same time, notably Pixiv was going just as slowly as pso2.jp at the time.

With as often as I hear this happen, and me just switching over to TWC like 3 weeks ago, it's kinda sad people are still jumping the gun.

Korazenn
Apr 15, 2015, 08:52 PM

On the contrary, SEGA JP knows that we're here and exist in Ship 02. They don't do anything about it because, as one of the developer's stated (and I can't seem to find the quote for atm), as long as we (westerners) assimilate as much as we can with the rest of the JP crowd, they'll take no qualms with us. They even make money off of us as a lot of us eventually get around to buying AC as well. It makes no sense in region locking a game when there are people that move or go around the world from Japan all the time and would still like to play the game they've invested both money and time into.

Basically, just don't go against the ToS, and you won't get banned. xD

One of my teammates had this issue earlier today as well.

By going through the tracert process with him, I found out that the problem was coming from the connection to Softbank Telecom servers for some ISPs. This happens at times when some servers malfunction and lead to connection issues for a particular group of users trying to connect that can't establish (or barely establish, for that matter) a working connection.

People can also rest assured that this isn't another issue with Yahoo! JP or SEGA, so don't go finger-pointing to them either (as much as I know we all want to at times).

Just so people know, if it's not Error Code 811 - 818, you can rest assured you weren't banned. There is a thread here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204836) for those of you that need a reference in the Tech Support forum for Error Codes.

Hope this clears things up for everyone! ^^

Sizustar
Apr 15, 2015, 09:04 PM
On the contrary, SEGA JP knows that we're here and exist in Ship 02. They don't do anything about it because, as one of the developer's stated (and I can't seem to find the quote for atm), as long as we (westerners) assimilate as much as we can with the rest of the JP crowd, they'll take no qualms with us. They even make money off of us as a lot of us eventually get around to buying AC as well. It makes no sense in region locking a game when there are people that move or go around the world from Japan all the time and would still like to play the game they've invested both money and time into.

Basically, just don't go against the ToS, and you won't get banned. xD

Here's the official word from Sakai regarding none japanese player and the TOS addition that say only service japanese player
http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11324870702.html

Korazenn
Apr 15, 2015, 09:37 PM
Here's the official word from Sakai regarding none japanese player and the TOS addition that say only service japanese player
http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11324870702.html

Yeah, that was exactly what I was looking for.

It doesn't explicitly state that Americans and Europeans aren't allowed. It seems to go into more detail about illegal activities such as fraudulent credit card information for AC purchases, hacking, and the such. He states that there had been a Terms of Service breach by numerous hackers from those regions, but he wouldn't condone every single player out there because there are 'GOOD' players out there that aren't using illegal means of playing the game whatsoever.

What is defined as illegal in the terms of service in this regard is: connecting from abroad and using fraudulent information for AC purchases...more specifically, fraudulent Japanese credit card information. THAT is illegal and what users were banned for back then. Another misuse was overseas credit cards for AC purchases: instead, the company put a block and that, and now overseas players have to resort to other means (i.e. WebMoney purchases) and go through a whole conversion process to get AC for the game by using WM, which IS perfectly legal.

The other part before that goes into explanation about what their plans were for North American and European servers as well as one for Asia (which is PSO2 SEA). The NA and EU ones do not exist to this day and have been unheard of, though we continue to hear bits-and-bobs every year or so from SEGA that "they're still working towards an eventual release". What that means is as good as any guess as mine, but he doesn't explicitly state here anywhere that I can see that non-Japanese players aren't allowed to play the game.

That's ludicrous to say at this point when any internet connection from the west can basically connect to and play the game with no qualms. If they really wanted to say "westerners not allowed", they would have done a region block years ago. That's clearly not what he meant in this post.

Sakai is stating that, due to reports of malicious user activity on their servers, they are finding out who exactly breached their ToS and will rightfully ban them. This is an on-going process all companies of any game do to ensure a comfortable environment for players to play in.

So, once again: it's not SEGA stating that you can't play on their servers. It's SEGA saying "don't be a douche, learn to play, get along, and assimilate as well as you can within our JP community, don't commit identity fraud, don't use an overseas credit card for AC purchases, and don't cheat".

TaigaUC
Apr 15, 2015, 09:50 PM
I thought this was a post about the lag.
I've been lagging since maintenance. Got booted once. Timed out when logging in once.
Not using Comcast or TWC or whatever.
Dunno if it got better since, as I haven't been playing much.

I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with banning foreigners.

.Jack
Apr 16, 2015, 01:38 AM
No issues here other than a random dc every other day with having multiple wifi connections going on.

Sizustar
Apr 16, 2015, 04:10 AM

It doesn't explicitly state that Americans and Europeans aren't allowed. It seems to go into more detail about illegal activities such as fraudulent credit card information for AC purchases, hacking, and the such. He states that there had been a Terms of Service breach by numerous hackers from those regions, but he wouldn't condone every single player out there because there are 'GOOD' players out there that aren't using illegal means of playing the game whatsoever.

What is defined as illegal in the terms of service in this regard is: connecting from abroad and using fraudulent information for AC purchases...more specifically, fraudulent Japanese credit card information. THAT is illegal and what users were banned for back then. Another misuse was overseas credit cards for AC purchases: instead, the company put a block and that, and now overseas players have to resort to other means (i.e. WebMoney purchases) and go through a whole conversion process to get AC for the game by using WM, which IS perfectly legal.

The other part before that goes into explanation about what their plans were for North American and European servers as well as one for Asia (which is PSO2 SEA). The NA and EU ones do not exist to this day and have been unheard of, though we continue to hear bits-and-bobs every year or so from SEGA that "they're still working towards an eventual release". What that means is as good as any guess as mine, but he doesn't explicitly state here anywhere that I can see that non-Japanese players aren't allowed to play the game.

That's ludicrous to say at this point when any internet connection from the west can basically connect to and play the game with no qualms. If they really wanted to say "westerners not allowed", they would have done a region block years ago. That's clearly not what he meant in this post.

Sakai is stating that, due to reports of malicious user activity on their servers, they are finding out who exactly breached their ToS and will rightfully ban them. This is an on-going process all companies of any game do to ensure a comfortable environment for players to play in.

So, once again: it's not SEGA stating that you can't play on their servers. It's SEGA saying "don't be a douche, learn to play, get along, and assimilate as well as you can within our JP community, don't commit identity fraud, don't use an overseas credit card for AC purchases, and don't cheat".

That blog is an explanation after the open beta, on the TOS change.
He went into more detail at the live event.

Shinamori
Apr 16, 2015, 04:14 AM
Welp seems I can't connect to PSO2.JP anymore. :/ At least, randomly.

Xaeris
Apr 16, 2015, 04:18 AM
I've been dc'ing quite frequently for the past twenty minutes or so as well. Checking pso2 jp, I can't seem to connect.

Shinamori
Apr 16, 2015, 04:20 AM
Looks like it's back to Putty until this thing gets sorted.

NotRankin
Apr 16, 2015, 04:47 AM
Everyone, time to freakout.
/s

wefwq
Apr 16, 2015, 05:24 AM
Did you guys tried to connect to the game using VPN/Proxy and see if there's an improvement or not?

NotRankin
Apr 16, 2015, 05:33 AM
Already on my VPN. Works fine. No big deal really.

Shinamori
Apr 16, 2015, 11:14 AM
How's the connection? I'm at work right now so I can't check.

TaintedEon
Apr 16, 2015, 01:19 PM
So is it pretty much confirmed that Time Warner Cable members aren't able to connect unless they use the proxy now? I am still unable to ping test unless I am on the proxy. :C

Anduril
Apr 16, 2015, 01:25 PM
So is it pretty much confirmed that Time Warner Cable members aren't able to connect unless they use the proxy now? I am still unable to ping test unless I am on the proxy. :C

Ever since the initial DDoS I've been unable to ping the game even when I could connect without a proxy on TWC.

TaintedEon
Apr 16, 2015, 02:04 PM
Oh really? I was having issues last night with even patching but now it seems to be corrected...I still get MISSING FILE when I try to run any items on the Tweaker's Diagnostic Menu :C

Mesarthim
Apr 16, 2015, 02:14 PM
I'm on time warner and I can connect just fine. Sometimes I lag a little in the evening but that's probably just because of something going iffy with the router and (usually) gets fixed with a reset.

Don't know if area is a factor here but I'm in Hawaii if that matters.

Sinnaru
Apr 16, 2015, 04:55 PM
For me its random, sometimes I don't lag whatsoever when majority of playerbase does, or vice-versa.

Dephinix
Apr 16, 2015, 05:08 PM
TWC, connecting fine, did DC twice while idling. Connecting to pso2.jp fine as well. Probably more maintenance or whatever.

Shinamori
Apr 16, 2015, 05:38 PM
Seems to be work fine, but I think I'll keep using the proxy until next maint. Don't want to keep switich between proxy and my real connection an risk getting flagged

GHNeko
Apr 16, 2015, 05:55 PM
PSO2.jp loads up fine for me. I cant test the actual game though since my gaming PC is dead and this computer is not suitable for PSO2.

T-This is new information. Completely different from what I was used to..

That blog is an explanation after the open beta, on the TOS change.
He went into more detail at the live event.

Do you recall what he was talking about when he went into detail at the live event?

silo1991
Apr 18, 2015, 12:49 AM
i been dc recently too , and its in anything it cant be my signal because i can play other games normaly

Dephinix
Apr 18, 2015, 01:23 AM
Well, for some reason after this thread started, my DHCP lease time was set to one hour on the dot. So I would DC every hour at the same time, realized what it was, and fixed it.
I would go in there and check just in case, I'm on TWC, so if you use that ISP, more reason to check. Just really fucking weird that changed like that.

Korazenn
Apr 18, 2015, 01:56 AM
Once again, to those people saying (or thinking) that it is illegal to play on PSO2 JP, I want to really show you how flawed that argument is:

"We're never going to let foreigners play this game (PSO2 JP) even though we haven't region-blocked the game in three years and even as much as explicitly allowed western ISPs to reconnect to our servers after the DDoS attack because they wanted to play again after a year of them patiently waiting for us to make a move and fix it just to play the game again.

They don't, and most likely never will, have a version of Phantasy Star Online 2. But even though they won't, we see no reason for them to not hate us even more by permanently locking them from our game and never letting them touch another new Phantasy Star game again as they will also continue being region-blocked from now on. Even though we've released every major Phantasy Star game in the west prior to this game, we see no reason why we should cut our losses by letting foreigners continue to give us money to help us get out of our financial situation while also still helping us be one of the #1 Online RPGs in Japan.

The technology's just not there yet. Please understand." ---Said no one at SEGA JP ever.

Korazenn
Apr 18, 2015, 01:59 AM
Well, for some reason after this thread started, my DHCP lease time was set to one hour on the dot. So I would DC every hour at the same time, realized what it was, and fixed it.
I would go in there and check just in case, I'm on TWC, so if you use that ISP, more reason to check. Just really fucking weird that changed like that.

Really? Wow, then.

I'll need to relay this to the team I'm in. If this is a global issue regarding the DHCP settings, then it is the likely cause for the situation. Thanks for informing us, Dephinix! ^^

Dephinix
Apr 18, 2015, 02:14 AM
Well, it's weird, I have two buddies on TWC, and they didn't get this, though I just switched over to TWC about a month ago. Maybe my router settings changed after some of their
apparent maintenance, but they sure as hell didn't let me know, lol.

Korazenn
Apr 18, 2015, 02:18 AM
Well, it's weird, I have two buddies on TWC, and they didn't get this, though I just switched over to TWC about a month ago. Maybe my router settings changed after some of their
apparent maintenance, but they sure as hell didn't let me know, lol.

It's a possibility. Still, it is worth a shot. I think there is an issue with a couple of ISPs and it is likely due to a server malfunction since maintenance. Perhaps the issue will be fixed with this next upcoming maintenance for people still going through the issues with connecting.

Did you try performing a tracert to locate where the problem began?