PDA

View Full Version : XH Darker Particle Cannons: The hardest boss known to man

Maenara
Apr 18, 2015, 07:15 PM
What is it about XH that makes people literally incapable of noticing that Darker Particle Cannons WILL rape the mining bases and that they NEED to be destroyed?

TheszNuts
Apr 18, 2015, 07:41 PM
The same mindset that tells them they can ignore the gunships.

Punisher106
Apr 18, 2015, 07:45 PM
They're gawking over the fact that they can see under their character's skirts, than actually bothering to play the game.

Selphea
Apr 18, 2015, 07:56 PM
They're too busy using their awesome machinegun turret on boss' non-weak points.

Taurus83
Apr 18, 2015, 08:42 PM
they just crazy for boss when appear and ignore it

Scale of Judgment
Apr 18, 2015, 09:15 PM
Because they fear phallic symbols.

Poyonche
Apr 18, 2015, 09:18 PM
They are busy hiding from the gunship.

And what a better place than behind the towers ?

TaigaUC
Apr 18, 2015, 09:19 PM
Because they fear phallic symbols.

Stop oppressing me!

Xaeris
Apr 18, 2015, 09:20 PM
They're gawking over the fact that they can see under their character's skirts, than actually bothering to play the game.

Nonsense, I can gawp at my avatar's cleavage and destroy towers at once. Multi tasking, yo.

TaigaUC
Apr 18, 2015, 09:24 PM
I'd like to level some of my remaining classes, but EQs in general have been increasingly shit to the point that I don't even want to try them anymore.
People can't seem to handle XH in general.

GoldGenII
Apr 18, 2015, 09:28 PM
Nothing beats 3 AIS' on the field with one of those particle towers in place for over a minute.

Shinamori
Apr 18, 2015, 10:27 PM
They're busy worrying about points that doesn't affect rarity drops.

Maenara
Apr 18, 2015, 11:45 PM
Nothing beats 3 AIS' on the field with one of those particle towers in place for over a minute.

omg this

wefwq
Apr 19, 2015, 04:03 AM
Everyone want to become the best #1!
Tower contribute nothing to rank points!

But seriously, probably it's because everyone are too busy to hitting some enemies, they ignore their own surroundings.
I'm always ended become tower destroyer since like almost no one want to take care of it.

oratank
Apr 19, 2015, 04:43 AM

only 3? i had 5 and tower susceed beam their shit because every foot man stuck in darker wall on w7

Everyone want to become the best #1!
Tower contribute nothing to rank points!

But seriously, probably it's because everyone are too busy to hitting some enemies, they ignore their own surroundings.
I'm always ended become tower destroyer since like almost no one want to take care of it.

seriously this is ais job if they know how to use map button

Renvalt
Apr 19, 2015, 04:55 AM
I so wish I was SH tier. Then maybe I could help you out, or at least get an idea of what the fuck it is you're dealing with.

Rakurai
Apr 19, 2015, 05:03 AM
Being a FO is nice in that you can hit the towers from anywhere on the map using Ra Foie, Sa Barta, Sa Zan, or Grants.

...Though that makes the fact that they're being allowed to get shots off even more inexcusable.

Cadfael
Apr 19, 2015, 09:18 AM
Everyone's just too busy ignoring the floaty wizard guys that taint the socket thingies to ignore the darker photon cannon what'sits.

Kirukia
Apr 19, 2015, 09:40 AM
What? There are other threats on the map besides the boss? Non-sense, I must fight it.

But seriously, it's absolutely dreadful upon boss spawns. People just like, forget there is a map and that we aren't in a single player boss room. They do the same thing with infections and mob spawns. I guess everyone assumes someone else will get it, so nobody does.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 19, 2015, 10:21 AM
I guess everyone assumes someone else will get it, so nobody does.

That's very likely tbh. the other reason i see but less likely, is that player that do XH are used to SH runs that goes so fast that wave is cleared before darker tower become a threat, though now "thanks" to XH mode, SH became again full of darker towers, last runs i got we were like 4 towers at the same time each wave (starting wave 4), seems like they didn't care about corrupted socket and i can't clear the whole map alone. Also, they were clearly after crystals in those runs rather than quick clear, we were at 12k point at the end and 7k at wave 6, but surprisingly we were able to kill every ennemies (timer at 0 though except for wave 8 )

Maenara
Apr 19, 2015, 10:46 AM
The biggest issue, I think, is that on XH, you can't kill a single tower in 2 seconds, so it requires that more than one person take care of them.

Raujinn
Apr 19, 2015, 11:33 AM
I suspect gear is going to cause the biggest variance in performance on XH given they gave everything so much more HP. It's the same issue Super Hard had, only exaggerated as XH seems to be tuned towards high-end gear pure DPS builds where as SH perhaps wasn't as blatantly so.

Of course, this is TD3. You have big murder machines you can summon so idklol.

EvilMag
Apr 19, 2015, 11:37 AM
It's funny because of all the XH TDs, TD3 is clearly the easiest. AIS can easily carry the whole game. Assuming your team can plan out their AIS usage. Most pugs I've been lately STILL has the mentality to save all of their AIS at Wave 7/8. >_>

Raujinn
Apr 19, 2015, 11:42 AM
Yeah I've had that. I'll use an AIS in wave 2 then watch as no one else uses them til wave 5. I don't get it.

Searaphim
Apr 20, 2015, 07:12 AM
It's funny, as time passes MPAs get worse instead of improving. It's the same for Challenge Quests apparently; yesterday I did two runs and it was horrid. Worse than the day Challenge Quest was released.

Selphea
Apr 20, 2015, 07:21 AM
Part of the issue is that people don't know how to use AIS. In lower blocks, even on AIS they just blow their beam on a boss then sit there and machinegun. Either that or they mistake AIS for SCV and run around collecting crystals.

Poyonche
Apr 20, 2015, 07:41 AM
-"We developped an amazing machine, the A.I.S aka Arks Interception Silhouette, it is able to destroy a darker with a single hit with its blade made of tempered photon, its machinegun shot anti-darkers bullet made in Chuck Norissium, and the photon particle canon is close to the amazing Kamehameha."

-"Can we collect crystals with that amazing gundam ?"

-"S-Sure but it isn't r..."

-"Okay imma use it to collect lol, it is so annoying to walk."

RadiantLegend
Apr 20, 2015, 09:47 AM
-"We developped an amazing machine, the A.I.S aka Arks Interception Silhouette, it is able to destroy a darker with a single hit with its blade made of tempered photon, its machinegun shot anti-darkers bullet made in Chuck Norissium, and the photon particle canon is close to the amazing Kamehameha."

-"Can we collect crystals with that amazing gundam ?"

-"S-Sure but it isn't r..."

-"Okay imma use it to collect lol, it is so annoying to walk."

I should have known better than to read that in public.

Poyonche
Apr 20, 2015, 09:57 AM
I should have known better than to read that in public.

Do you mean I can't do a speech in an Apple keynote ?:-(

TaigaUC
Apr 20, 2015, 09:36 PM
Just did an SH TD3 and people weren't cleansing the plates, so Darker cannons were popping up all over the place and shooting the towers.

Same old.

GHNeko
Apr 20, 2015, 09:40 PM
This thread reaffirms my decision to skip any and all TD3s.

TaigaUC
Apr 20, 2015, 09:45 PM
At this point I think nearly all of the good players are already maxed out.
They're likely busy farming Anga or doing Challenge instead of doing TD3.

It's a bad time to try levelling. Mostly seems to be nubs, terrible EN players or casual JP players.
We can thank SEGA for that massive amount of EXP needed to get from lv50 bracket to lv70 bracket.

Xaeris
Apr 20, 2015, 09:55 PM
Yeah...that was pretty bad. That felt like opening day TD3.

Mesarthim
Apr 20, 2015, 10:37 PM
I was blessed with 2 amazing XH runs this last EQ.

Don't lose hope (completely)!

Sanguine2009
Apr 20, 2015, 11:05 PM
We can thank SEGA for that massive amount of EXP needed to get from lv50 bracket to lv70 bracket.

i would say its the opposite, its the low amount of exp needed to get to there in the first place. because players can get there so fast many new ones tend to end up undergeared and with little idea how to play their class. i doubt its the only factor of course but its a major one.

elryan
Apr 20, 2015, 11:50 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think that like how TD3 SH is only open to player level 60 instead of 50 (like any other SH EQs), TD3 XH should only be open to player level 70 with at least level 70 subclass.

Hell, SEGA should implement minimum SATK/RATK/TATK required for certain high-bounty XH EQs imho. (e.g. Magatsu, Falz Loser, TD3, Beckoning Darkness, etc)

Poyonche
Apr 21, 2015, 03:23 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I think that like how TD3 SH is only open to player level 60 instead of 50 (like any other SH EQs), TD3 XH should only be open to player level 70 with at least level 70 subclass.

Hell, SEGA should implement minimum SATK/RATK/TATK required for certain high-bounty XH EQs imho. (e.g. Magatsu, Falz Loser, TD3, Beckoning Darkness, etc)

When I did my last XHTD3, I was FI/HU 74/54, trust me, as long as you know how to play your class, the subclass will not be a burden. Though this is just me, maybe other people are like spamming long range elder rebellion or uncharged Nova Strike.

Cyber Meteor
Apr 21, 2015, 04:12 AM
TD3 XH should only be open to player level 70 with at least level 70 subclass.

I'm not against adding a subclass requirement for eq but lvl 70 subclass? 2 of my chars don't even have it (FO/TE 75/62 and RA/GU 75/63) because it's not needed for their dps (already reached the max possible with it). I would say 55 subclass for XH would be good because most of the "burden" players in XH have subclass under 50.

isCasted
Apr 21, 2015, 04:13 AM
i would say its the opposite, its the low amount of exp needed to get to there in the first place. because players can get there so fast many new ones tend to end up undergeared and with little idea how to play their class. i doubt its the only factor of course but its a major one.

The way you gain power through levels with all the skill tree multipliers is kinda broken too. When I levelled Hu/Fi on my alt, my damage at 50/50 (I ensured that my weapons were best 9* at +10 and 50-element) was somehow like 2-3 times lower than at 70/70 (when I got to actual endgame weapons and well-affixed armor).

Now, when I imagine that people go in TD with low-level subs, random weapons at +3 and zero understanding of things like Million Storm being ineffective against bosses... It's rather scary, but makes sense.

elryan
Apr 21, 2015, 10:00 AM
When I did my last XHTD3, I was FI/HU 74/54, trust me, as long as you know how to play your class, the subclass will not be a burden. Though this is just me, maybe other people are like spamming long range elder rebellion or uncharged Nova Strike.

I'm not against adding a subclass requirement for eq but lvl 70 subclass? 2 of my chars don't even have it (FO/TE 75/62 and RA/GU 75/63) because it's not needed for their dps (already reached the max possible with it). I would say 55 subclass for XH would be good because most of the "burden" players in XH have subclass under 50.

The point of subclass requirement is to make sure the person played the game long enough to know what they're doing. 1-50 is will take less than a week. 50-70 takes two weeks somewhat but I doubt you know the ins and outs of this game by a week or two.

With 70 subclass requirement, the person would be playing at least 2 months.

It's all about the experience, not the subclass power itself.

But hey, it's not like SEGA will read this. Carry on.

nephie
Apr 21, 2015, 10:06 AM

Honestly you just dig your own grave there.

Applying min stat will mean that there will be more mediocre player who will put their stat point on stat 1-2-3 instead of good skill like limit break/element conversion/sharpshooter.

"why I should put point on those skill... it don't make me able to go to EQ... and see my stat is sooo highhhhh i must be dealing just as good damage.... muahahahahaha"

and then people will start wondering why noone able to complete XH or maybe even SH/VH

Dephinix
Apr 21, 2015, 10:07 AM
With 70 subclass requirement, the person would be playing at least 2 months.

It's all about the experience, not the subclass power itself.

That would upset people with more than one character I think, lol..

Cyber Meteor
Apr 21, 2015, 10:46 AM
That would upset people with more than one character I think, lol..

I would be one of those upset player if the sub requirement is 70, i got 3 chars.

I currently have no use in getting some of my subclass at 70 because all the good skills are alreday taken, what i'll get by leveling more than the 62/63 i mentionned before won't have any impact on my skills or dps, the techter will get more PP and Gunner will have a shortened duration of chain trigger's cooldown which i only use when i'm sure i can do a WB+CT properly with my last WB which is mostly for bosses. But in the end it will mostly impact solo playing not mpa contribution.

wefwq
Apr 21, 2015, 11:38 AM
Honestly you just dig your own grave there.

Applying min stat will mean that there will be more mediocre player who will put their stat point on stat 1-2-3 instead of good skill like limit break/element conversion/sharpshooter.

"why I should put point on those skill... it don't make me able to go to EQ... and see my stat is sooo highhhhh i must be dealing just as good damage.... muahahahahaha"

and then people will start wondering why noone able to complete XH or maybe even SH/VH
Oh no, there's no escape from this burning train.