PDA

View Full Version : So DFL Strategy Change?

ArcaneTechs
Apr 21, 2015, 12:04 AM
or did I get into an mpa full of retards? If I remember the strategy it's:
-Chest Clock Cover Break
-Right Arm Plate/Shoulder Core
-Damage or Break Neck Core
-Left Arm Plate/Shoulder Core
-Break Neck Core if it hasn't been broken
-Attack Chest Opening like normal and continue on with the fight

Instead I got people who weren't miraging the chest, WB just flying everywhere, from chest, to arms, to face. Eventually just arms, Chest is still closed. 8/12 were Eng players, the other were JP throwing shout outs on what to do eventually left as did I. I stood and watched all the Eng players running around Luther like they had no idea why they were there or what Luther even is.

Get into another mpa, same thing again only you had no WB and groups of 4 on each arm and chest

Leave again, get into 9/12 JP MPA, the whole fight goes by flawlessly. Those 2 mpa's had everyone at cap, no just hitting XH for the first time, cap. I got to see people playing some pretty bad class Combo's that I won't get into right now but man, wtf, did the player base just dumb or oblvious or something? or do we not learn how to fight something after the 100th time?
EDIT: Sorry not whole but majority of the Eng player base

I haven't fought Luther in over a month but the one time I decide hey why not, this happens

Xaelouse
Apr 21, 2015, 12:13 AM
You're better off fighting SH Loser unless you really want a lame 12* launcher

LonelyGaruga
Apr 21, 2015, 12:19 AM
XH Loser has new mechanics compared to SH. When the clock is broken, unless both arms have their armor stripped off, a fog will cover the clock core and render it impervious to damage. Thus, the new strategy is to break the arms first.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 21, 2015, 12:20 AM
You're better off fighting SH Loser unless you really want a lame 12* launcher
I like fighting Luther for the fight and music but the drops aren't that appealing. I prefer XH Luther because the fight a bit different than breaking the stomach and wailing on it till he's dead. and from reading the past few weeks threads about SH, I don't have much faith in people who are still not in XH levels yet, much ppl who are but dont know what they're doing

XH Loser has new mechanics compared to SH. When the clock is broken, unless both arms have their armor stripped off, a fog will cover the clock core and render it impervious to damage. Thus, the new strategy is to break the arms first.
This isn't my first time fighting him in XH but I remember all the runs I did went exactly as I described up top and the runs went without a hitch, this time around, it looked and went exactly like nobody knew what they were doing.

Xaeris
Apr 21, 2015, 12:23 AM
It's better to blow up the arms before you start in on the chest. Once Loser loses (kek) x% of his HP, he ends his warm up and starts zipping around obnoxiously, lowering your opportunities to hit the gauntlets and the exposed arms. Therefore, the room should take advantage of the warm up phase to break the arms. In theory, you could break the cover on the chest since I don't think it counts towards its total HP, but in reality, if it gets miraged, people are going to attack it, so I prefer to ignore it entirely until both arms are busted. For that reason, I don't even use Zanverse until then.

Otherwise yeah; break arms, expose chest, focus fire chest until dead.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 21, 2015, 12:25 AM
It's better to blow up the arms before you start in on the chest. Once Loser loses (kek) x% of his HP, he ends his warm up and starts zipping around obnoxiously, lowering your opportunities to hit the gauntlets and the exposed arms. Therefore, the room should take advantage of the warm up phase to break the arms. In theory, you could break the cover on the chest since I don't think it counts towards its total HP, but in reality, if it gets miraged, people are going to attack it, so I prefer to ignore it entirely until both arms are busted. For that reason, I don't even use Zanverse until then.
Okay I was just thinking that, I was about to post and say if people changed the strategy a bit and decided priority for arms and chest last. I did notice on my good run that we needed his left arm broken but his warm up just ended and the teleporting attacks began as people shifted attention to that arm and continued from there.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 21, 2015, 01:07 AM
Just a note, applying mirage to the clock before it's broken forcibly ends Loser's time alters, so it's actually detrimental to break the clock early, since you can effectively force him to stop a time alter whenever you want (with some luck), as long as the tech users remember to try to fit in a Sazan or two when they can. The one run I had this happen (only done two or three XH Losers so far), Loser immediately went into the slow time alter after mirage ended (clock broke). Don't know if this is 100% always the case, but if it is, that's a win-win, since accelerated time alter is far harder to get hits on, so forcing him to stop it speeds up the run.

Terrence
Apr 21, 2015, 03:08 AM
So DFL Strategy Change? or did I get into an mpa full of retards?

Okay I was just thinking that, I was about to post and say if people changed the strategy a bit and decided priority for arms and chest last.
So, why didn't you ask that in the first place instead of starting your thread saying people were retards (especially as you were the one ignoring the priority change) ? :-?

Zorak000
Apr 21, 2015, 10:55 AM
So, why didn't you ask that in the first place instead of starting your thread saying people were retards (especially as you were the one ignoring the priority change) ? :-?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

TheszNuts
Apr 21, 2015, 11:04 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Explains all of B1/20 right there.

Tyaph
Apr 21, 2015, 12:21 PM
I like fighting Luther for the fight and music but the drops aren't that appealing.

Absolutely the reason I fight Luther. They don't make him that rewarding, which is unfortunate, but I find him to be the most fun boss in the game, and the boss music is great. He's a worthy final boss for EP2.

Mattykins
Apr 21, 2015, 02:29 PM
Loser is easily the best boss in the game. Easily. No contest. Elder is a bitch and Magatsu is a damage sponge. There is no contest.

Just not in terms of drops.

Punisher106
Apr 21, 2015, 03:57 PM
Yeah. To be honest, I just like soloing Loser on Normal, because not only does it make for good screenshots, but I get to enjoy fighting him how I want (Totally not using my Mirage Yasha to open the clock, and then my Sange to finish him off)

Vatallus
Apr 21, 2015, 09:14 PM
Sometimes you just need to go with the flow because you wanted chocolate and life gave you lemons instead.