PDA

View Full Version : What's the max level for techer?

Lunacchi
Apr 21, 2015, 05:45 AM
Hello,

I am a new player to PSO2 - I have been raising a techer and just recently I got it to level 30, but I am unable to level any further. Is 30 the max level for Techers? I have seen some videos of other people playing techers and their levels are always above 30.

If 30 is not the max level for techer, is there some kind of prerequisite that I need to accomplish as a different class? I noted that, previously, one needed to raise either the Braver or Force to level 30 and complete some Client Orders prior to unlocking Techer, but I don't know if I need to still do that or not.

If somebody could please clarify this, it'd be much appreciated.

Nyansan
Apr 21, 2015, 05:47 AM
Check Koffie for quests, there's a quest named "Level Cap Trial I" that unlocks level cap.

Poyonche
Apr 21, 2015, 05:48 AM
You have to do a Koffie CO : Level Cap Trial I

Edit : Ninja'd

Stickboy
Apr 21, 2015, 05:48 AM
client order from koffie has the one with level limit break co, take that

Lunacchi
Apr 21, 2015, 05:50 AM
Check Koffie for quests, there's a quest named "Level Cap Trial I" that unlocks level cap.
Thank you very much (and thanks to everyone else with the same answer).

TheAstarion
Apr 21, 2015, 07:40 PM
There's also one for level 40. You can switch to another class if you'd rather not waste potential EXP while you're earning the items, as long as you're still against level 21+ enemies (so hard mode, or normal mode anywhere on the correct planets except forest caves or desert)

Renvalt
Apr 21, 2015, 08:06 PM
I still wonder to this day why the soft-caps are still a thing. I mean, I kinda get the point in the earlier days of the game, but now it's kinda like.... why's this still a thing?

GHNeko
Apr 21, 2015, 08:11 PM
It's a relic and the dev team doesnt want to spend resources retconning mechanics i guess.

Renvalt
Apr 21, 2015, 08:25 PM
It's a relic and the dev team doesnt want to spend resources retconning mechanics i guess.

Ehh, I don't quite get the logic behind it, but it's not my call to make.

Sayara
Apr 21, 2015, 09:02 PM
Thank you very much (and thanks to everyone else with the same answer).

Whats better about that is, once you got the CO cleared, any other class you level wont have to do it again.
So once you decide to level another class like FOrce, you wont need to do this CO again to get to 31 lvl FO.

Achelousaurus
Apr 22, 2015, 03:21 AM
It's a huge problem that something like this exists in the first place.
It's a friggin morpg, the very point of playing it is to power up your character.
I suppose it was used early on to artificially extend playtime (especailly cause of the bysmal drop rates of the quest items) when lvl 40 / 50 was the limit.

Now Sega thinks it's better to keep it to make people play more but tbh it sounds like yet another swing and miss.

If you gotta do lvl cap trials again you are far less likely to use another character which means you don't need extra space, extra gear, extra mags.
All stuff you may spend AC on but now quite possibly won't cause a new char will have to get past the annoying as hell lvl cap cos again.