PDA

View Full Version : Phase 1 PSA: don't abandon when phase 2 starts

Zorak000
Apr 21, 2015, 10:27 AM
just dont. there is no good reason to do that ever.

the only reason I see anyone doing this is to make sure all of their qualified characters have enough time to do phase 2, but this simply makes no sense in every situation.

first piece of advice: if you don't think you can get it done in the remaining time DON'T START A NEW RUN.

Elder: if you are qualifying as many characters that you can, you are just going to be running Normal since it does not matter. maybe if you get all your characters done you go do XH or something, but even then unless your MPA is horrible well it's not like arms even drop anything good

Loser: it takes 4 dead birds to get the most drops from loser, so again, you are just going to want to run normal on every character to get them ready. why would you even be running XH if you have this concern.

I had a Fire Apostle Drizzler show up on XH once with less than a minute before phase 2
the mpa was 3/12 maybe 5 seconds after phase 2 started. I will be eternally mad about this.

Magatsu: you can only clear it 4 times per ship (account?). more than that, phase 2 is short enough that you should have no problem doing it 4 times; but if you abandon even one of your runs then you only have 3 phase 2 runs instead of 4. why would you even abandon a phase 1 stu after time has ran out. there is no. good. reason. if you have 3 characters all already qualified and you don't have any more, there is even less of a reason to abandon because you are still going to get all three runs in no-problem! (unless people abandon in your 4th run, and the lack of manpower causes stu to get to the final gate)

people abandoning cost me my final character's phase 2 run just now, and I just needed an outlet to tell people to stop being gosh-danged idiots about making it into phase 2 "on time"

this might not even be a problem with english players (though the Drizzler incident had a bunch of russian players with 13*s who were murdering the birds with ease in all the previous runs, thus adding to my frustration) but I just wanted to put this out there so I feel like maybe I made a difference.

TaigaUC
Apr 21, 2015, 10:34 AM
Since Magatsu Sai was implemented, I only did XH randoms once or twice.
In one of those few times, everyone suddenly leaft phase 1 for phase 2.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to do that.
"Screw tons of exp and loot! I want to get much less exp and loot!"

Edit: Multiple characters on the same account can do Sai repeatedly? I thought it was only once per account.

Zorak000
Apr 21, 2015, 10:45 AM
there is no limit on how many times you can run sai per account, but it is hard-capped by phase 1's hard cap.

Xaeris
Apr 21, 2015, 10:46 AM
It's just like Elder or Loser: each character that clears phase one can do phase two. So you can get four AIS runs if you're swift (or run Normal).

nephie
Apr 21, 2015, 10:49 AM
happenened once for me, and it was when I accidentally enter a "harapan" group (basically those 2ch PUG who only broke the belly head). magatsu belly face turn black on the first leg break stun, but I was alone just when magatsu about to turn around on the first turn.

later I found out that it SEEMS that they're so racist that if there is player who is not RA or lance FI/HU they usually will start a mass abandon quest... I'm not really sure if this info is really legit but that's what I heard

Xaeris
Apr 21, 2015, 10:56 AM
It's not racism; they'll do that to other JP players too. You have to understand, in the 2ch block, they're not looking for just "good" damage. They're looking for straight up OP damage that can kill Magatsu as early as rounding the first corner. The block is set up with that goal in mind.

I do wish they'd realize that the first Techer is more useful than an 11th FI though and be more judicious about mass jumping.

Shunx
Apr 21, 2015, 11:01 AM
I've actually had MPAs where people would abandon because all 12/12 players were Melee or Mages

In which has gotten to the point where people ask me why I don't play Gu/Ra for Weak Bullet.

If the MPA doesn't have Weak Bullet, you're fucked because things like Magatsu and Loser take a long time

I did H last night and my MPA consisted of ONLY Melee class (Fighters, Hunters, Katana Braver). It took us a whole 7 minutes to kill Apos, compared to doing it with someone who has WB, the fight generally took a while.

ITT: Have WB or get out. Especially if it's Magatsu.

nephie
Apr 21, 2015, 11:03 AM
It's not racism; they'll do that to other JP players too..

racist that if there is player who is not RA or lance FI/HU >> I'm talking about racism toward certain job... not nationality or language LOL

and yeah I know that they do aim for high DPS that I said I accidentally entered that team, since I was late that day and I just enter random block with a bit space left and doing XH. Not that I have grudge or anything just pointing out that there is this certain group out there (and if the OP accidentally join in, that's probably the reason of the mass abandon)

TheszNuts
Apr 21, 2015, 11:09 AM
This would be called classism :P, and really run a normal if you're gonna complain about people abandoning, mpas have been abandoning long since elder appeared so it shouldn't be much of a shocl to you at this point.

When you have 4 chars to run, it better to run 4 normals instead of hope for 4 perfect mpas.

wefwq
Apr 21, 2015, 11:24 AM
I find it weird that people abandoning first phase magatsu run just to start second phase early, i mean we have entire 30 minutes available.
It's just like they hate getting extra cubes, well if they're end up on shit group i think it's kind of acceptable since that means if they stay they'll end up with the same group for second phase.

Oh, this also happening on elder/loser EQ for some reason.

Punisher106
Apr 21, 2015, 11:42 AM
Yeah. I mean, I can't really do anything about having WB (Magatsu has the preciousssss) So I NEED to be a Bouncer for the Drop Rate boost for Dual Blades, along with the drop boosters I've downed like a goddamn drug addict, in the slim hopes of getting what I want. But this is Sega, they'll ALWAYS screw me over. Like when I blew well over 4 mil on trying to grind my Sange.

Zorak000
Apr 21, 2015, 12:12 PM
Yeah abandoning due to no wb is alright; but if phase 1 has ended you can't restart it. The only options are to step it up or run like a tiny baby

Zorak000
Apr 23, 2015, 09:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mmi2zGP.png

I am just going to keep posting these every time it happens to me

Azure Falcon
Apr 23, 2015, 03:59 PM
I ended up losing an XH Magatsu run earlier when he was below 30% HP, we had a good WBer and he was on track to die with enough time to start a 3rd run (despite one JP player leeching behind a building at the start). 4 people decided to quit for no evident reason, and then the next run after that died at the start due to no WB. So in the end only 1 XH run because of quitters.

It's getting ridiculous to be honest, like the last Falz Arms I did on SH 6 people quit out the second the Elder warning came down, despite Arms being like 15 seconds from death. Can people really not wait that long?