PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to get an Ares 13★?

yuln
Apr 21, 2015, 10:43 AM
I've recently started farming Anga and I'm starting to wonder how many kills roughly it took you guys to get your first 13★ drop?

So far I've killed around 80 Angas without any luck (whilst wasting all my 250% RDR and 100% Triboosts), and I'm also yet to see a 12★ at all since starting the game. At this point, I'm mostly hoping for a Chainsawd to drop from the mobs while farming for the elusive 13★.

Poyonche
Apr 21, 2015, 10:48 AM
I am not trying to get Ares 13*. Since my eyes met Slave Serie-Chan, I am like "Fuk u Anga"

Cyber Meteor
Apr 21, 2015, 10:57 AM
I am not trying to get Ares 13*. Since my eyes met Slave Serie-Chan, I am like "Fuk u Anga"

Same here:-D, I gave up on Anga after 150 kills with nothing (all on boost week and 250+100 tri used), also, i just saw someone's signature in this forum stating that for 2541 Anga killed he got 12 Ares weapons ^^; (it doesn't precise if boost was always used or not). Some ppl killed around 1000 Anga and got 0 13* :-?. So yeah i'll rely more on next set since they're exchangeable against stones you get by completing the quest and most of the showcased weapons are ones i actually use (not the bow and JB though):-D

Xaelouse
Apr 21, 2015, 11:01 AM
I got like a gunslash 2-3 months ago, then never bothered since I know my luck will be shit from that moment on

yuln
Apr 21, 2015, 11:19 AM
I got like a gunslash 2-3 months ago, then never bothered since I know my luck will be shit from that moment on

At least you got one :p I started playing pso2 about 2 months ago so I wouldn't know lol, but like 30% of the people I run into in ship 5 seems to have 13★ weapons which either encourages/discourages me to farm just a little more every time... Sigh

Maenara
Apr 21, 2015, 11:22 AM

I'll take the gunslash if you don't want it.

Skornedemon
Apr 21, 2015, 11:34 AM
I got my 13* Sword before I had ever obtained a 12*. It was pretty silly. First week of ultimates I got it. Then yesterday I randomly got a 13* dual blades.

With all of those,I still cant get myself a set of 11* armor :U

Z-0
Apr 21, 2015, 11:40 AM
I got 2 13★ in less than 50 Anga (Launcher and Katana), and then I've been doing Anga on and off ever since then, never found anything else.

RNG, man. Might find stuff in like 10 Angas, or it might take you 1,000.

wefwq
Apr 21, 2015, 11:47 AM
Been trying anga farming for a bit in the past, around 50 kills and got nothing not even *10 units and then never bother with it anymore.
I just settle with my Ideal and Slave once it released.

TaigaUC
Apr 21, 2015, 11:56 AM
Probably killed about 50 Anga in total and never seen anything decent drop off him.
I know JP people who had 2 13 stars drop off him within 70 kills.

Anyway, it's random so it doesn't matter how unlucky or lucky anyone is.
You could kill him once and get stuff, if you're lucky.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2015, 12:14 PM
You could kill Anga once and get literally every 13* all at once. It's just not plausible.

Eternal255
Apr 21, 2015, 12:46 PM
You could kill Anga once and get literally every 13* all at once. It's just not plausible.

If I ever got 2 or more 13*s from one kill I would be infuriated. I don't know what the odds of 1 of them dropping is... but I think winning the lotto is more likely than getting two or more drops, and I would be pissed that I am not a millionaire.

nathanielzor
Apr 21, 2015, 12:51 PM
I got a 13* on literally my 2nd kill on the first day of the patch. Then I went weeks without anything. Got a rod eventually. Cue another week of no luck, then I got a talis and a wand within 30 minutes of eachother. Cue another week of no luck, got another rod. Now i've been hunting since for months and nothing.

It' all RNG mang.

Flaoc
Apr 21, 2015, 12:53 PM
600+ and 0 13* ideal is my savior and slave will soon be savior as well.. honestly once i heard about c mode having 13*'s i just said fuck anga and moved on

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 01:15 PM
Play and expect nothing, get off-class and throw your kb, get on-class and keep farming anyway . 3.b

Digital Doom
Apr 21, 2015, 01:15 PM
I have killed around 300 anga and have found 2 13 star , gunslash and rifle. I have yet to see a 12 star in ultimate mode. the drop rate seems alittle funky but that's pso for you.

nathanielzor
Apr 21, 2015, 01:19 PM
The 12* luck is really whack. I got the 12* rod back when people were still killing Diabo, but I've never gotten anything from the minibosses after thousands of runs. Meanwhile my friend got two chainsaw swords from the same Bayari. :(

Eternal255
Apr 21, 2015, 01:29 PM
I think I honestly have some of the worst luck ever. I run gear that is years old because of how unlikely it is for me to get anything good. I would farm any particular items for countless hours, only to get it a year later when a far superior item has been released.

Example: blade dance came out. Never got one until 10* items were purchasable & 11* items were the thing. 11* items came out, never got a niren kamui until a few months ago when 13*s were already out. Been farming lavis blade ever since their release- I currently have only 1 12* item, which is a gunblade. Absolutely useless .-.

No hope for me. Thankful the next set of 13's is gonna be an item exchange.

Stickboy
Apr 21, 2015, 01:48 PM
0 13* since uq release, fug RNGesus

Skyly
Apr 21, 2015, 02:02 PM
2 DBs in roughly 100 Angas. Its surprising that more people don't Anga farm. Its guaranteed as long as you put in work

Flaoc
Apr 21, 2015, 02:03 PM
2 DBs in roughly 100 Angas. Its surprising that more people don't Anga farm. Its guaranteed as long as you put in work

HAH? HAH HA HA HAH HAH HA?

good one

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 02:05 PM

If this were true I would have 51 13* atm. gtfo with your stupid posts.

Raujinn
Apr 21, 2015, 02:12 PM
About 300-400 Anga before i got a Wired Lance. I needed a wired lance anyway so it was welcome, but got sick of farming it soon after that.

Mesarthim
Apr 21, 2015, 02:16 PM
25~ kills before I got my first Ares Talis (the first one period). It was the game's way of saying "Here, this is a trap to get you hooked on anga farming."

Bellion
Apr 21, 2015, 02:17 PM
Wow 13* ratio checks please!

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 02:20 PM
Wow 13* ratio checks please!

1/199, I've improved greatly since last boost week which I ended with 1/284 . 3.

Skyly
Apr 21, 2015, 05:33 PM
If this were true I would have 51 13* atm. gtfo with your stupid posts.

I hope you die.
edit. I really mean that btw... I've noticed you have been replying to my post in various thread various threads with nothing but harassing responses. Its ok though cause its the internet but I would appreciate it if you would get off my sack and go on about your business.

Shinamori
Apr 21, 2015, 05:36 PM
I found 2 in ruffly 450-ish Angas.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 05:42 PM

You trying to troll, or do you not understand the difference between RNG and work?

There are people who kill over a thousand angas and got nothing to show for it.

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 05:48 PM
I hope you die.
edit. I really mean that btw... I've noticed you have been replying to my post in various thread various threads with nothing but harassing responses. Its ok though cause its the internet but I would appreciate it if you would get off my sack and go on about your business.

I rail on people who ask for it... "Its guaranteed as long as you put in work" is asking for it. Ideal weps are guaranteed, not ares. I'll introduce you to a friend of mine who's at 1250 anga, every single one of which has been killed at ~350% boost minimum (many at 450%+ during boost weeks with triboosts), with a load of squat. You can tell him to work harder since it's guaranteed.

Wish death on me all you want, idgaf. Your ignorance will get you no where.

Skyly
Apr 21, 2015, 05:49 PM
You trying to troll, or do you not understand the difference between RNG and work?

There are people who kill over a thousand angas and got nothing to show for it.

How is that a troll post? You can't get a 13 star if you're not farming Angas. The main people talking about I don't have a 13 star farm a couple then go back to doing EQs etc. Yes I did get lucky and obtiained 2 DBs in about 100 Angas. That's just my luck and I was only speaking for myself. But you will get a 13 if you're willing to put in the work to farm.

Flaoc
Apr 21, 2015, 05:55 PM
How is that a troll post? You can't get a 13 star if you're not farming Angas. The main people talking about I don't have a 13 star farm a couple then go back to doing EQs etc. Yes I did get lucky and obtiained 2 DBs in about 100 Angas. That's just my luck and I was only speaking for myself. But you will get a 13 if you're willing to put in the work to farm.

absolutely not. there is no guarantee of getting one.. hell i saw a poor guy once who had his status at 2000 kills and 0 13*

but why do i bother you clearly do not get it no matter how much it gets drilled into your head

Kisame-GX7
Apr 21, 2015, 05:56 PM
Killed 4 anga's and got a sword today ._ . hop on my sack pls

GHNeko
Apr 21, 2015, 05:58 PM

No its not guaranteed. That's the whole concept of chance.

That's the whole point that they're making.

You could literally kill 1 million anga, and STILL not get a 13*.

1/2000 does not mean you will succeed once in 2000 tries.

That's not how probability works.

I tend not make posts like these, but you're seriously wrong when you say "if you work hard enough, you're guaranteed to get one."

That's not how this works.

THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS. lmfao

Rakurai
Apr 21, 2015, 05:59 PM
It took me a little over 100 Anga Fandarge to get my first one. The following three weapons came about as quickly.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2015, 06:01 PM
Sayara, tear down this thread.

Skyly
Apr 21, 2015, 06:06 PM
No its not guaranteed. That's the whole concept of chance.

That's the whole point that they're making.

You could literally kill 1 million anga, and STILL not get a 13*.

1/2000 does not mean you will succeed once in 2000 tries.

That's not how probability works.

I tend not make posts like these, but you're seriously wrong when you say "if you work hard enough, you're guaranteed to get one."

That's not how this works.

THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS. lmfao

Just for the sake of not continuing to argue about this whole thing, fine.. I'll stand by what I said and you guys can do the same.

GHNeko
Apr 21, 2015, 06:10 PM
Just for the sake of not continuing to argue about this whole thing, fine.. I'll stand by what I said and you guys can do the same.

I mean, I get where you're coming from. If you play long enough, you SHOULD get a 13*...

It's just that it's never 100%. 99.9% maybe. But not 100%.

That's pretty much the simple truth of the situation and there is no way around that.

Those who confronted you about what you said, they probably feel insulted (for themselves or their friends) because your initial post has the underlying message; "Well the reason why you dont have 13* is because you havnt worked hard enough/long enough."

And you may not have intended to send that message, but that IS an underlying message in your post; because anyone who's killed close to 500 anga has put in work, no doubts about it. They just keep getting fucked by RNG.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 06:12 PM
I like how there's the other possible issues no one mentioned yet... getting a 13* you will never use, and the fact you need to get it twice...

I'm not going to play GU if he drops ares tmg ever.

Anga is RNG-ception.

Flaoc
Apr 21, 2015, 06:14 PM
which is why the slave and ideal system is much better.. get a 13* for the classes you want instead of some junk 13* and there is even no guarantee u will get 2 of the same ares weapon for the 60 ele

Dephinix
Apr 21, 2015, 06:18 PM
Found Rifle on my 5th Anga Hunt, my TMG maybe from 80th kill. No boost for the first one either. Do yourself a favor and stop counting, lol.

GHNeko
Apr 21, 2015, 06:18 PM
Yeah. The chances of you getting an Ares that you WANT is lower than straight up getting Ares PERIOD.

Its why I dont bother with it when Ideal and Slave are going to be at worst, marginally weaker, but at least they're guaranteed.

obsexed
Apr 21, 2015, 06:27 PM
got a rod and wired lance between 20-50(i dont count), rod was just me trying to complete zandion CO, you guys arent RNGing hard enuff , _,b

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 06:27 PM
Yeah. The chances of you getting an Ares that you WANT is lower than straight up getting Ares PERIOD.

Its why I dont bother with it when Ideal and Slave are going to be at worst, marginally weaker, but at least they're guaranteed.

Ideal still beats ares at boss killing, both given full PBs. The gap is wider if you use ketos proi for PA/tech spam VS bosses, letting ideal users have their cake and eat it, where ares users have to make a choice between a PP battery OR 5-6% more damage. Either way, ares is behind on boss killing, especially in boss rush EQs.

Slave, at least works in boss rush EQs, offering ~10% extra punch depending on atk stat out of the gate as long as you keep PP up, compared to ares 5 or 6% at an empty meter. They're somewhat even really... but ares being stronger over time mobbing/getting your ass kicked by luther, and co.

GHNeko
Apr 21, 2015, 06:37 PM
Ideal still beats ares at boss killing, both given full PBs. The gap is wider if you use ketos proi for PA/tech spam VS bosses, letting ideal users have their cake and eat it, where ares users have to make a choice between a PP battery OR 5-6% more damage. Either way, ares is behind on boss killing, especially in boss rush EQs.

Slave, at least works in boss rush EQs, offering ~10% extra punch depending on atk stat out of the gate as long as you keep PP up, compared to ares 5 or 6% at an empty meter. They're somewhat even really... but ares being stronger over time mobbing.

Yeah I agree.

That's why I said at worst, they'd be marginally weaker.

I have Ideal for general purpose, but I got it mostly for bossing since that's JB's weakest area lol.

Bellion
Apr 21, 2015, 06:38 PM
I'll just be content with slavery for 60 element grinding my current Ares stuff.
15/3700-3800 4/21, RIP.

I can also get decent rainbow wands through slavery too!

Dephinix
Apr 21, 2015, 06:50 PM
where ares users have to make a choice between a PP battery OR 5-6% more damage.

Last I checked the potentials were 4%-8% at lvl 1, 5%-9% at lvl 2, and 6%-10% at lvl 3. This would mean there is only ever a 1-4% damage gap for Ares.

Bellion
Apr 21, 2015, 06:56 PM
Yep.
0-3 bars filled = 6%
4-7 bars filled = 9%
Max = 10%

So you're either missing 4% or 1% if you don't have PB filled completely, it's not a big deal. You're only getting the worst of it if you have a slow filling PB like Nifta, or your damage itself is at an extreme level of holy crap low.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 07:00 PM
I just couldn't remember if an empty gauge was 5 or 6% damage boost for ares off the top of my head at the time.

Using the PB would cost you... 4% damage.

The atk gap between ideal and ares mitigates ~5% of ideal's boss damage advantage.

Ideal is 3% stronger than ares VS a boss assuming ares has full PB.

7% stronger if both users PB'ed. Ideal loses no damage.

pkemr4
Apr 21, 2015, 07:04 PM
100+ kills, Ares Jetboots and 34 ele Rod. i hope Anga farming is still gonna be a thing for people that only want Ares weapons, because fuck getting 26 Slave rods for 60 ele

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 07:06 PM
100+ kills, Ares Jetboots and 34 ele Rod. i hope Anga farming is still gonna be a thing for people that only want Ares weapons, because fuck getting 26 Slave rods for 60 ele

what is 5% attribute booster for 5mil?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 07:06 PM

The 5% element grind boosters would be a huge help here actually, meaning you'd only need... 5.

Beaten by literal seconds.

Maenara
Apr 21, 2015, 07:12 PM
They confirmed Slave weapons' base percentage?

pkemr4
Apr 21, 2015, 07:12 PM
what is 5% attribute booster for 5mil?

The 5% element grind boosters would be a huge help here actually, meaning you'd only need... 5.

Beaten by literal seconds.

5 mil? i thought they would be going for 10+ mil ^^; hence why i never considered that as an option.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 07:14 PM
They confirmed Slave weapons' base percentage?

The potential? It's flat atk. Estimated at 300 minimum.

obsexed
Apr 21, 2015, 07:14 PM
i think he meant the element%, so no.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 07:17 PM
i think he meant the element%, so no.

Oh, if I had to guess, 10 ele from the shop. Mid 20s to mid 30s (or even 40 tops, but I've only untekked a weapon at 40 element like twice ever) if dropped.

obsexed
Apr 21, 2015, 07:20 PM
in tade-ins my guess would be something retarded like usual, like 5-10% for 100k crystals since in the livestream it showed 1500 crystals for a complete run.

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 07:25 PM
I've only untekked a weapon at 40 element like twice ever

Pre-magatsu nerf:
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/gNI9O/b846798372.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Now I know where my RNG went last boost week!

Mildora
Apr 21, 2015, 07:29 PM
Pre-magatsu nerf:
[spoiler-box]
http://puu.sh/gNI9O/b846798372.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
Now I know where my RNG went last boost week!

its like getting a carriguine-rucar+

KazukiQZ
Apr 21, 2015, 07:36 PM
To OP's question, forever, I guess. I never hunt for Ares =3=

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 07:36 PM
its like getting a carriguine-rucar+

Correction, now I know why I never got a 41%+ shijin ; _;

Bellion
Apr 21, 2015, 07:39 PM
Ryukoh were all that mattered.

Miles064
Apr 21, 2015, 07:43 PM
I have never even seen a 12 star. I would hate to have to grind/affix a 13 star. I am holding out out for ult lillipa though. Hoping I have the money to pimp it out by the time I do get my first weapon that's higher then 11 star.

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 07:47 PM
I would hate to have to grind/affix a 13 star. I am holding out out for ult lillipa though. If the JP wiki is correct the rates are actually WAY better for grinding 13* So it's more a matter of having the lambda grinders and meseta.

nathanielzor
Apr 21, 2015, 07:47 PM
My 13* ares sword had 43 light right out of the box. ): Is that where all my luck went??????

doomdragon83
Apr 21, 2015, 07:48 PM
IIRC about 2-3 days after Ult came out. Got a Ares Wand, wanted a rifle or launcher but I gave to my TE.

Miles064
Apr 21, 2015, 07:51 PM
If the JP wiki is correct the rates are actually WAY better for grinding 13* So it's more a matter of having the lambda grinders and meseta.

Your not the first to say that. In that case, bring on the 13 stars!

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 07:53 PM
Ryukoh were all that mattered.

I retired from PSU before those came out . 3.

Your not the first to say that. In that case, bring on the 13 stars!

4->5, 5->6, ... , 9->10 are all 50% with no boosters.

Miles064
Apr 21, 2015, 07:55 PM
I retired from PSU before those came out . 3.

4->5, 5->6, ... , 9->10 are all 50% with no boosters.

50%? what the hell is the chances for 11 and 12 stars then? Or if you have some chart or something that shows this. Grinding was like half the reason I never went for an ares wep. That and having no control over the one I got too.

Bellion
Apr 21, 2015, 07:59 PM
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A4%E3%83%86%E3%83%A0%E5% BC%B7%E5%8C%96

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 07:59 PM
50%? what the hell is the chances for 11 and 12 stars then? Or if you have some chart or something that shows this. Grinding was like half the reason I never went for an ares wep. That and having no control over the one I got too.Scroll down a bit to see the rates for weapons and units at different rarities.
Keep in mind though you need lambda grinders and a lot more meseta per grind with 13*s. The rates are just higher so you have a better chance against the RNG bgoss.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A2%E3%82%A4%E3%83%86%E3%83%A0%E5% BC%B7%E5%8C%96

GHNeko
Apr 21, 2015, 08:04 PM
All this drop rate talk is making me hate the fact I've been hunting for evil katana with 4 characters and it hasnt dropped once. -_-

Miles064
Apr 21, 2015, 08:05 PM
Sweet. Thank you both. Guess i wasn't just imaging units being way easier to grind. Maybe I will have to go for an ares wep sometime. Seems like they still will be useful after the slave series comes out.

Lostbob117
Apr 21, 2015, 08:05 PM
I've prob played 2-3hours worth of Ult and got 13* partizan.

Dephinix
Apr 21, 2015, 08:29 PM
Sweet. Thank you both. Guess i wasn't just imaging units being way easier to grind. Maybe I will have to go for an ares wep sometime. Seems like they still will be useful after the slave series comes out.

Keep in mind that the grind losses for grind fails are not accurate at this time, and who knows if they ever will be.

Chris_Chocobo
Apr 21, 2015, 11:04 PM
I never got any 13* weapon from him even if i used Triboost +100% and Rare Drop Boost +250% i got tired of trying

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 11:07 PM
I never got any 13* weapon from him even if i used Triboost +100% and Rare Drop Boost +250% i got tired of tryingThat's because 350% of 0.001% is just 0.0035%. :wacko:

Zenobia
Apr 21, 2015, 11:07 PM
What weapon type is this Ares?

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 11:09 PM
What weapon type is this Ares?Ares weapons are a set of 13* weapons that drop from Anga Fundarge. There's one for every weapon type.

Zenobia
Apr 21, 2015, 11:11 PM
Ares weapons are a set of 13* weapons that drop from Anga Fundarge. There's one for every weapon type.

I just read the potential for it on jp wiki...I see why people want it. Might try my luck for it myself.

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 11:16 PM
I just read the potential for it on jp wiki...I see why people want it. Might try my luck for it myself.Based on the rest of this thread, trying to get one AND get the one you want is a crapshoot. You'll get your chance after the update though, since everyone is gonna be doing ultimate tunnels.

Rakurai
Apr 21, 2015, 11:20 PM
I hope people will actually bother clearing the new UQ due to the stones and the chance of getting Slave weapons from the other enemies.

Anga farming gets kind of dull.

Zenobia
Apr 21, 2015, 11:21 PM
Does anyone have a video from the update showing the slave weapons? Wasn't able to catch it.

milranduil
Apr 21, 2015, 11:21 PM
My guess is people will still farm anga, and just clear the run after.

Or it will just be the same shit as before . 3.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 21, 2015, 11:22 PM
Does anyone have a video from the update showing the slave weapons? Wasn't able to catch it.

https://youtu.be/K83qw9XyRVE

Btw Ares weapons are amazing more because they have a tremendous attack advantage over everything else, and 13*s can achieve 60 element instead of 50 element. You can literally do more damage with a 60 element Ares weapon with no potential than most weapons with level 3 potential of any given weapon category. The potential's pretty good too though, but it'll get outdated once more 13*s come out.

Xaeris
Apr 21, 2015, 11:23 PM
You can see some of them here: https://youtu.be/K83qw9XyRVE?t=289

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 11:23 PM
I'm expecting the first week or two to be people farming for slave weapons then going back to anga farming when they realize they have a situational latent. :/

It doesn't show all of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K83qw9XyRVE

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 11:24 PM
My guess is people will still farm anga, and just clear the run after.

Or it will just be the same shit as before . 3.

I fuckin hope not. Would be nice to have something to do in game other than DOs for a bit longer.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 21, 2015, 11:34 PM
WoT

it really bugs me that there are people who think 100 kills should be enough to drop them a Are's wep otherwise the UQ or Anga is automatically crap. I can assume a lot of people who posted or posting are either casual or literally can't handle the grind. Yes, I know people don't have as good of luck as others but what I'm also not seeing is how your approaching the whole hunt via 250% Tickets.

-Are you using them sparingly/efficiently? (as in your not just burning through them, once the timer goes off, you immediately use another)
-Are you using crafted LR units? (I.E. you increased the defense a bit to make you not so weak)
-Do those LR Units have the RDR crafted Area Boost on all 3 units?
-Are you using Team RDR Boost?
-Are you using Prem Drink? (if not, roll for RDR from Deband Drink)
-Are you using a LR weapon with max LR such as a Umbra Stick? (LR 1-3 on it)
All those stacked for maximum drop potential

Yes I know it's frustrating to find Are's weps, I've gotten pretty fustrated a lot and just passing the 1k kill mark from last weeks boost and found basically all the one's I wanted (some 60% some not)

However, everytime I see people saying they won't get the ones you want because well "lol RNG" or w/e, I feel like people forget that small minor boost Sega implemented back in the day, that you will have a slightly higher chance of finding rare weapons based on the main class your playing as (can't speak for junk on Magatsu/TD's so won't go there) versus something your not. Out of all the 13*'s I have found, 2/10 were off class for me, that's it.

Anyways, I know I'm gonna see some lol pretty casual counter reply (hoping it's at least reasonable) because people don't have the patience for farming or they read off based on someones unlucky history and therefore use that as an excuse to not farm for anything in general. 100 kills and expecting something isn't much, yes there are far worse RDR's in other games (Korean MMO's that everyone points out) but just keep trying, if you spammed Magatsu in the past you should have plenty of cubes to use (especially if you took advantage of boost week)

My first 13* was the first day of Ult Nab, I stayed up all night after maintenance and farmed, I believe I got my 13* Rod on the 28th kill, 13hrs straight 250% because at the time, I didn't know what dropped what and of course I don't think really others did too (I think people thought anything could drop 13*'s till we found out it was Anga only and thus Anga farming began) I have no problems farming Anga but it has to be on Boost day's/Weeks only for me now and in bursts, it gets old fast and ya frustrating too but you know, pace yourselves.

I'm not fond of welfare stuff (Ideal) whether it's good or bad, I prefer to earn/find what I'm looking for, I feel more satisfaction from that then "welp spam Ult for stones and trade them in ehh yay me i guess" but you know, it's w/e, I only see this as an option for people VERY limited on playtime. Most just use those method because it's easier. Just my 2 cents on the whole welfare stuff

I'm expecting the first week or two to be people farming for slave weapons then going back to anga farming when they realize they have a situational latent. :/
I see this now with people running with Ideal in Anga Farms, I don't get it, a lot of people whined about getting a 13*, you get one from farming C Mode for days then you go farm Anga for Are's, i mean wtf.

And I'm very cautious on Slave's Pot, it feels too situation at times form PA use only, I'm well aware it's good for wand smacks and FBF

starwind75043
Apr 21, 2015, 11:37 PM
This just makes me wonder how many stones it will take for one of the new 13*'s

Maenara
Apr 21, 2015, 11:40 PM
Over 9000. Duh.

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 11:41 PM
WoT

it really bugs me that there are people who think 100 kills should be enough to drop them a Are's wep otherwise the UQ or Anga is automatically crap. I can assume a lot of people who posted or posting are either casual or literally can't handle the grind. Yes, I know people don't have as good of luck as others but what I'm also not seeing is how your approaching the whole hunt via 250% Tickets.

-Are you using them sparingly/efficiently? (as in your not just burning through them, once the timer goes off, you immediately use another)
-Are you using crafted LR units? (I.E. you increased the defense a bit to make you not so weak)
-Do those LR Units have the RDR crafted Area Boost on all 3 units?
-Are you using Team RDR Boost?
-Are you using Prem Drink? (if not, roll for RDR from Deband Drink)
-Are you using a LR weapon with max LR such as a Umbra Stick? (LR 1-3 on it)

Yes I know it's frustrating to find Are's weps, I've gotten pretty fustrated a lot and just passing the 1k kill mark from last weeks boost and found basically all the one's I wanted (some 60% some not)

However, everytime I see people saying they won't get the ones you want because well "lol RNG" or w/e, I feel like people forget that small minor boost Sega implemented back in the day, that you will have a slightly higher chance of finding rare weapons based on the main class your playing as (can't speak for junk on Magatsu/TD's so won't go there) versus something your not. Out of all the 13*'s I have found, 2/10 were off class for me, that's it.

Anyways, I know I'm gonna see some lol pretty casual counter reply (hoping it's at least reasonable) because people don't have the patience for farming or they read off based on someones unlucky history and therefore use that as an excuse to not farm for anything in general. 100 kills and expecting something isn't much, yes there are far worse RDR's in other games (Korean MMO's that everyone points out) but just keep trying, if you spammed Magatsu in the past you should have plenty of cubes to use (especially if you took advantage of boost week)

My first 13* was the first day of Ult Nab, I stayed up all night after maintenance and farmed, I believe I got my 13* Rod on the 28th kill, 13hrs straight 250% because at the time, I didn't know what dropped what and of course I don't think really other did too (I think people thought anything could drop 13*'s till we found out it was Anga only and thus Anga farming began) I have no problems farming Anga but it has to be on Boost day's/Weeks only for me now and in bursts, it gets old fast and ya frustrating too but you know, pace yourselves.

I'm not fond of welfare stuff (Ideal) whether it's good or bad, I prefer to earn/find what I'm looking for, I feel more satisfaction from that then "welp spam Ult for stones and trade them in ehh yay me i guess" but you know, it's w/e, I only see this as an option for people VERY limited on playtime. Most just use those method because it's easier. Just my 2 cents on the whole welfare stuffYou keep worshiping your fickle random number god. I'm going to continue to feel satisfied having a clear goal I can work towards.
http://i.imgur.com/EMOQfoO.gif

ArcaneTechs
Apr 21, 2015, 11:44 PM
You keep worshiping your fickle random number god. I'm going to continue to feel satisfied having a clear goal I can work towards.

I don't really, I just have more determination that others until I get what I'm looking versus collecting an item and trading it in. Rares are rares, why people expect them to drop so easy idk, they may as well be common drops if anything

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 21, 2015, 11:44 PM
Anyways, I know I'm gonna see some lol pretty casual counter reply

Funny considering you missed the point of the convo pages back: There's a clear difference between working for a reward, and a lotto where nothing is guaranteed, especially with getting the specific 13* you want out of 17 weapon categories twice. That is all.

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 11:50 PM
I don't really, I just have more determination that others until I get what I'm looking versus collecting an item and trading it in. Rares are rares, why people expect them to drop so easy idk, they may as well be common drops if anything
I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

Sitting in front of a gachapon machine and spinning the crank until you get what you want isn't "hard work", it isn't difficult, and you're not in a higher position for doing it instead of saving the quarters you find to buy an alternative. You have to get lucky, it's always luck. Literally nothing you do has an impact on that. There's no more skill or "difficulty" involved than getting "welfare" gear. The only difference is that you have to get REALLY lucky once, while people going for "welfare" stuff have to get a little lucky multiple times. :/

RNG isn't difficulty, stop pretending it is.

Dephinix
I agree with Kril in a just deal with it sense. You work hard, or win big, I like that in games, and I like that Anga, Slave, and CM all have identifiable perks. If you rather slave away at
miles and crystals, whatever. I slave away at what's best for what scenario. This and that must be CM weapons, this and that must be Anga, this and that can be really good with Slave.

As far as Class drops go, I've only seen it true for Anga and Loser, who's drop tables we all know too well. As for lucky rise, you might want to consider using something else,
especially if some happy go lucky fool decides to break bits and ruin drops.

ArcaneTechs
Funny considering you missed the point of the convo pages back: There's a clear difference between working for a reward, and a lotto where nothing is guaranteed, especially with getting the specific 13* you want out of 17 weapon categories twice. That is all.
I stopped reading about 3-4 pages in, it felt I was reading the same responses written differently in terms of people hunting and finding.

I know hard work can mean squat when it boils down to luck from RDR's. Maybe I don't feel what you guys are going through because I got what I was looking for except for the 2 13* swords rotting in my storage.

RNG isn't difficulty, stop pretending it is.
I'm not saying it is, I'm saying is it seems like a lot of people are giving up too dam fast and then complain about the whole thing which isn't doing much, lucky or not, nothing you can do with how the system works. What I'm saying is you aren't gonna find what your looking for if your gonna give up so fast and just sit on your ass waiting for Sega to make it even more easier to get something thats almost as strong as it or just in that rarity level to make you feel better about yourself

LonelyGaruga
Apr 21, 2015, 11:53 PM
I stopped reading about 3-4 pages in

Am I the only person that reads every post of every thread that I click on? Why even post if you don't want to read the whole thread.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 21, 2015, 11:55 PM
Am I the only person that reads every post of every thread that I click on? Why even post if you don't want to read the whole thread.
I do most of the time here but like I said, it felt like I was reading the same thing over and I didn't want to wait like 20mins to formulate a post based on how I originally felt after reading about 9 pages of posts

Kondibon
Apr 21, 2015, 11:58 PM
Maybe I don't feel what you guys are going through because I got what I was looking for except for the 2 13* swords rotting in my storage.That's some sort of logical fallacy for that, but I forget what it's called.

For the record though, I don't disprove of the idea of Ares weapons just being drops. There are alternatives now, so you can get something else in the meantime, and I totally understand the joy that comes from finally having a rare you want drop, since I lack premium and had to get all my 10*s myself.
I was more taken aback by the way you seemed to be putting down people who went for other stuff or don't want to bother hoping they get an Ares weapon as though they aren't as good as you. God forbid people don't force themselves to do content they don't enjoy.

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying is it seems like a lot of people are giving up too dam fast and then complain about the whole thing which isn't doing much, lucky or not, nothing you can do with how the system works. What I'm saying is you aren't gonna find what your looking for if your gonna give up so fast and just sit on your ass waiting for Sega to make it even more easier to get something thats almost as strong as it or just in that rarity level to make you feel better about yourselfThis is what I'm talking about. :I

Bellion
Apr 22, 2015, 12:00 AM
Going through 1200 Anga with full 350% and literally every other boost that I could possibly get, without finding a 13* was pretty fun!

I can only imagine the 2000 Anga kills with nothing to show for it guys are faring in that realm of theirs.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 22, 2015, 12:03 AM
That's some sort of logical fallacy for that, but I forget what it's called.

For the record though, I don't disprove of the idea of Ares weapons just being drops. There are alternatives now, so you can get something else in the meantime, and I totally understand the joy that comes from finally having a rare you want drop.
I was more taken aback by the way you seemed to be putting down people who went for other stuff or don't want to bother hoping they get an Ares weapon as though they aren't as good as you. God forbid people don't force themselves to do content they don't enjoy.
The Elitism is what I'm trying to avoid, if I came off that way I'm sorry but I sure as hell don't consider myself the best of the best no matter how good I am at a game. However yes, I can understand people prefer alternatives to getting a 13* just I don't like easy handouts, thats just me and I know others aren't me. I put down the one's who go for the extremely easy stuff then brag about it while sitting in the lobby all day, there are people who are like this (or leeched and got lucky)

What I'm also hoping I'm not giving off is saying that if it isn't Are's, it's garbage because we already know better stuff is gonna come down the road to the point we're rolling with 15*'s and we think back about how hard 13*'s were to get back in the day

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 22, 2015, 12:08 AM
I'm not saying it is, I'm saying is it seems like a lot of people are giving up too dam fast and then complain about the whole thing which isn't doing much, lucky or not, nothing you can do with how the system works. What I'm saying is you aren't gonna find what your looking for if your gonna give up so fast and just sit on your ass waiting for Sega to make it even more easier to get something thats almost as strong as it or just in that rarity level to make you feel better about yourself

The 'you never know until you try!' attitude is nice, and all, but when people take a good look at the odds they're faced with, I wouldn't blame anyone for tapping out early, and wanting a better use of their time.

Also, what makes people feel truly better about themselves is earning something they worked for, not something the slot machine spat up one day.

Something about a clear goal with pre-requisite tasks strike you as 'a handout' for some reason, compared to pulling the leaver at a slot machine a few thousand times, and I really don't get why.

LonelyGaruga
Apr 22, 2015, 12:13 AM
I do most of the time here but

No buts. Even when threads look like they're rehashes of the same thing, assuming every post is like that is a disservice to the people that took the time and effort to post what they thought. Even if it's low quality drivel. Not getting after you or anything, I'm just saying, not giving people your time to read their posts and expecting them to read your posts (no point in posting otherwise) isn't very fair.

More on topic, I'd like to point out that class drop bonuses are only a doubled increase (and only for boss drops, but Anga Fundarge is a boss so that isn't a problem) so, for example, a Hunter main would have

Sword: 200%
Wired Lance: 200%
Partisan: 200%
Twin Dagger: 100%
Double Saber: 100%
Knuckles: 100%
Gunslash: 200%
Katana: 100%
Dual Blade: 100%
Assault Rifle: 100%
Launcher: 100%
Twin Machinegun: 100%
Bullet Bow: 100%
Rod: 100%
Talis: 100%
Wand: 100%
Jet Boots: 100%

Main class: 800%
Off-class: 1300%

So about 40% (2 out of 5) of the weapons dropped from Anga would be matching class, and of those, only 25% (1 out of 4) will be a specific weapon. So statistically speaking, you would get a particular Hunter equippable 13* 10% of the time Anga Fundarge drops a 13* for you. And then you have to roll that 10% again to get a second 13* to 60 element with. On average, you would have 18 other 13*s before you managed to 60 element a given 13*.

Needless to say, those aren't very good odds.

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2015, 12:13 AM
The Elitism is what I'm trying to avoid, if I came off that way I'm sorry but I sure as hell don't consider myself the best of the best no matter how good I am at a game. However yes, I can understand people prefer alternatives to getting a 13* just I don't like easy handouts, thats just me and I know others aren't me. I put down the one's who go for the extremely easy stuff then brag about it while sitting in the lobby all day, there are people who are like this (or leeched and got lucky) This is what I'm trying to get at though. They aren't "easy handouts" If anything they could potentially take longer and require more effort than rng drops because of the way rng works. You could get super lucky and get all the weapons you want in like 5 anga runs or you could go through thousands and never get anything at all. The people who stopped early just decided that it wasn't worth the time.

I find people who brag about gear that's just a matter of farming or getting lucky kind of annoying in general if you didn't notice. If you had to be super awesome, team up with super awesome players to do super awesome stuff and beat a super awesome boss that would kick my casual ass then fine, brag away. But trying to put your self up just because you grinded, hours for drops, or got a super rare thing, is like going "Hey look what I did" after finding your 1000th street quarter, or winning the lottery.

I guess what I'm trying to say is all the gear in this game is shallow and none of it is a reason for anyone to be revered for their "pwerseverence" or looked down on for taking the "easy route".

EDIT: I'm not fixing that typo, it's too funny.

MORE EDIT: I have another analogy: What you're saying is like winning a fancy car in the lottery multiple times and then saying "Why don't you all have my perseverance? You just have to keep trying" to the people who would rather save their allowances to buy a slightly less fancy car.

What I'm also hoping I'm not giving off is saying that if it isn't Are's, it's garbage because we already know better stuff is gonna come down the road to the put where man, we're rolling with 15*'s and we think back about how hard 13*'s were to get back in the dayI never got that impressions at all. :P

Miles064
Apr 22, 2015, 12:24 AM
No buts. Even when threads look like they're rehashes of the same thing, assuming every post is like that is a disservice to the people that took the time and effort to post what they thought. Even if it's low quality drivel. Not getting after you or anything, I'm just saying, not giving people your time to read their posts and expecting them to read your posts (no point in posting otherwise) isn't very fair.

More on topic, I'd like to point out that class drop bonuses are only a doubled increase (and only for boss drops, but Anga Fundarge is a boss so that isn't a problem) so, for example, a Hunter main would have

Sword: 200%
Wired Lance: 200%
Partisan: 200%
Twin Dagger: 100%
Double Saber: 100%
Knuckles: 100%
Gunslash: 200%
Katana: 100%
Dual Blade: 100%
Assault Rifle: 100%
Launcher: 100%
Twin Machinegun: 100%
Bullet Bow: 100%
Rod: 100%
Talis: 100%
Wand: 100%
Jet Boots: 100%

Main class: 800%
Off-class: 1300%

So about 40% (2 out of 5) of the weapons dropped from Anga would be matching class, and of those, only 25% (1 out of 4) will be a specific weapon. So statistically speaking, you would get a particular Hunter equippable 13* 10% of the time Anga Fundarge drops a 13* for you. And then you have to roll that 10% again to get a second 13* to 60 element with. On average, you would have 18 other 13*s before you managed to 60 element a given 13*.

Needless to say, those aren't very good odds.

This right here is why I didn't bother with ares farming. I play every class but not all of them are above 50. There are some weapons I would rather have over others but no way to chose which one I get. With the new ult mission coming I can get lucky or not, it doesn't matter. At the end I will be able to pick what I want if I stick with it. Everything else would just be a bonus.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 22, 2015, 12:25 AM
It seems like whenever I read a thread at times that others do this (just skip everything) but I know I can miss some really good points by just skipping pages but there are times as well that I do read through the whole thing to give a more prompter response.

Also Appreciate the numbers/example, give a better idea of how the farming can go.

This is what I'm trying to get at though. They aren't "easy handouts" If anything they could potentially take longer and require more effort than rng drops because of the way rng works. You could get super lucky and get all the weapons you want in like 5 anga runs or you could go through thousands and never get anything at all. The people who stopped early just decided that it wasn't worth the time.

I find people who brag about gear that's just a matter of farming or getting lucky kind of annoying in general if you didn't notice. If you had to be super awesome, team up with super awesome players to do super awesome stuff and beat a super awesome boss that would kick my casual ass then fine, brag away. But trying to put your self up just because you grinded, hours for drops, or got a super rare thing, is like going "Hey look what I did" after finding your 1000th street quarter, or winning the lottery.

I guess what I'm trying to say is all the gear in this game is shallow and none of it is a reason for anyone to be revered for their "pwerseverence" or looked down on for taking the "easy route".

EDIT: I'm not fixing that typo, it's too funny.

I never got that impressions at all. :P
I never really got the view that you didn't like that sorta bragging from reading any of your post from how long I've been on psow but I can get the sense it is annoying because you know, you may not have what your looking for and it's kinda annoying to see someone rubbing what your trying to find in your face intentionally or un-intentionally.

Gear is gear, it will get replaced eventually as the game evolves, it's part of the MMO life and all. My main thing is I think hardwork is more satisfying but is difficult when your going up against the RNG, you get lucky or not during your travel, just how it is

milranduil
Apr 22, 2015, 12:27 AM
Out of all the 13*'s I have found, 2/10 were off class for me, that's it.

6 of my 13 13*s were off-class.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 22, 2015, 12:32 AM
6 of my 13 13*s were off-class.
I honestly wish I could give the 2 13*'s swords off to someone else who likes swords, I don't like them in this game due to most of the PA's lacking all around use or being unique, it ends up coming down to a handful for me

Miles064
Apr 22, 2015, 12:35 AM
I honestly wish I could give the 2 13*'s swords off to someone else who likes swords, I don't like them in this game due to most of the PA's lacking all around use or being unique, it ends up coming down to a handful for me

I would take them. I don't get how people don't like swords. Different strokes I guess. Sword will be the first weapon I get from turn in for sure.

Or they could just let us trade anything already dammit.

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2015, 12:42 AM
I never really got the view that you didn't like that sorta bragging from reading any of your post from how long I've been on psow but I can get the sense it is annoying because you know, you may not have what your looking for and it's kinda annoying to see someone rubbing what your trying to find in your face intentionally or un-intentionally.I actually don't usually mind if people have something I don't. Like I edited into my last post, it's like seeing someone brag about winning the lottery. And even then it would only be annoying if they went around constantly doing it without a hint of irony. I'll certainly joke about it and stuff but it's not something I'd be bitter about.

Gear is gear, it will get replaced eventually as the game evolves, it's part of the MMO life and all. My main thing is I think hardwork is more satisfying but is difficult when your going up against the RNG, you get lucky or not during your travel, just how it isI should clarify again that I'm not saying you shouldn't feel good or satisfied about finding them, I would. If you enjoy it keep doing it and keep enjoying it. It just comes off as really degrading when you say thing like "I like to work hard". When the only difference is that you don't know when you're going to be done.

Zenobia
Apr 22, 2015, 12:47 AM
https://youtu.be/K83qw9XyRVE

Btw Ares weapons are amazing more because they have a tremendous attack advantage over everything else, and 13*s can achieve 60 element instead of 50 element. You can literally do more damage with a 60 element Ares weapon with no potential than most weapons with level 3 potential of any given weapon category. The potential's pretty good too though, but it'll get outdated once more 13*s come out.

You can see some of them here: https://youtu.be/K83qw9XyRVE?t=289

It doesn't show all of them.
????????????????????????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K83qw9XyRVE)

Thanks all of you. They look pretty nice I just wonder what the latent on them will be. The grind is gonna be real.

I would take them. I don't get how people don't like swords. Different strokes I guess. Sword will be the first weapon I get from turn in for sure.

I appreciate hunter myself or any class that's melee I aint a magic man. No offense to the Tech users.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 22, 2015, 12:48 AM
Thanks all of you. They look pretty nice I just wonder what the latent on them will be. The grind is gonna be real.

Reverse PP slayer for all atk stats. Estimated atk bonus is around 300 minimum.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 22, 2015, 12:52 AM
I like that swords have gotten a lot of improvements over time just idk, I hate to bring it up but I did like a lot more of the PA's from PSU than I do PSO2 (and pso ep1/2 didnt have PA's heh), I just find it hard for me to want to use them at all so when I play HU, WL's become my main and Partisan as my secondary weapon.

I actually don't usually mind if people have something I don't. Like I edited into my last post, it's like seeing someone brag about winning the lottery. And even then it would only be annoying if they went around constantly doing it without a hint of irony. I'll certainly joke about it and stuff but it's not something I'd be bitter about.

I should clarify again that I'm not saying you shouldn't feel good or satisfied about finding them, I would. If you enjoy it keep doing it and keep enjoying it. It just comes off as really degrading when you say thing like "I like to work hard". When the only difference is that you don't know when you're going to be done.
Ahh okay, wasn't sure on that part then.

Ya knowing when your gonna be done farming or not is the most bothersome part, I was farming for 13* DB's last weekend and I would have to say tops 20 kills I got them after I felt like I was probably gonna have to pull some all night farming for a day or two so I was sorta dreading it until I saw them drop then I just lost all interest in Anga for the rest of boost week haha

Miles064
Apr 22, 2015, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=Kril;3253566]I like that swords have gotten a lot of improvements over time just idk, I hate to bring it up but I did like a lot more of the PA's from PSU than I do PSO2 (and pso ep1/2 didnt have PA's heh), I just find it hard for me to want to use them at all so when I play HU, WL's become my main and Partisan as my secondary weapon.

I do agree with psu pas being pretty neat. I have always been a fan of the slower weps though. That and sword pas can be canceled at anytime unlike partisans. I miss axes dearly and I wish they would add weps to classes rather then make a new class for them. Might be too much work for them at this point.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 22, 2015, 01:00 AM
I do agree with psu pas being pretty neat. I have always been a fan of the slower weps though. That and sword pas can be canceled at anytime unlike partisans. I miss axes dearly and I wish they would add weps to classes rather then make a new class for them. Might be too much work for them at this point.
Ya Axes were my favorite big weapon in PSU then Swords. Really I would like to see a class with Axe and Twin Claws as their main weapons but tacking on new weapon types seems nice too on current classes. What Sega is planning for new weapons no one knows but it's really at a slow pace.

Zenobia
Apr 22, 2015, 01:05 AM
Reverse PP slayer for all atk stats. Estimated atk bonus is around 300 minimum.

I'll stick to Ares.

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2015, 01:06 AM
If you guys ever feel bad about liking PSU techs or PAs just remember that they were in PSP2/i as well.

Ahh okay, wasn't sure on that part then.

Ya knowing when your gonna be done farming or not is the most bothersome part, I was farming for 13* DB's last weekend and I would have to say tops 20 kills I got them after I felt like I was probably gonna have to pull some all night farming for a day or two so I was sorta dreading it until I saw them drop then I just lost all interest in Anga for the rest of boost week hahaI actually have no problem with RNG when it's used as a bonus for something. I LIKE how things like XQs, Magatsu, and ultimate lilipa have a chance to drop the things you're farming for in the first place. It can be a nice surprise or bonus.

I actually have more of an issue with the rng on grinding and affixing than drop rates. Negative progress is TERRIBLE for pure rng. >_>

EDIT: I actually think I need an editor, jeeze...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 22, 2015, 01:07 AM
I'll stick to Ares.

Yeah slave isn't stellar for every weapon type, but some can milk it like no one's business, like wands for example.

Enjoy the hunt for ares if you can. At least now, you can just find one, and farm slave + buy 5% element boosts to att grind it.

Dephinix
Apr 22, 2015, 01:10 AM
Inb4 Block 1 peeps are dancing with new 13 stars ungrinded no potential.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 22, 2015, 01:11 AM
If you guys ever feel bad about liking PSU techs or PAs just remember that they were in PSP2/i as well.

I actually have no problem with RNG when it's used as a bonus for something. I LIKE how things like XQs, Magatsu, and ultimate lilipa have a chance to drop the things you're farming for in the first place. It can be a nice surprise or bonus.

I actually have more of an issue with the rng on grinding and affixing than drop rates. Negative progress is TERRIBLE for pure rng. >_>
I gotta bust out PSP2i for old times sake, loved it. Even PSP1 felt like a portable PSU and I liked that, I almost wished they made it PSU for PSP and updated it like how they have PSO2 for Vita but maybe the handheld wasn't strong enough for it to do so.

Ahh don't get me started with the RNG on grinding and affixing, the nightmares I get with Dudu, he's nice one moment then he's a bastard the next haha

Inb4 Block 1 peeps are dancing with new 13 stars ungrinded no potential.
13* Slave Weapons
Affixes:
-Quartz Soul
-Power2
-Spirita2
-Ability1

or just plain left it with whatever it came with dropped/tekked
I've seen people have this on their gear, I don't honestly know why

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2015, 01:28 AM
Inb4 Block 1 peeps are dancing with new 13 stars ungrinded no potential.Don't be silly, that would require them to actually play the game more than once a week.

I gotta bust out PSP2i for old times sake, loved it. Even PSP1 felt like a portable PSU and I liked that, I almost wished they made it PSU for PSP and updated it like how they have PSO2 for Vita but maybe the handheld wasn't strong enough for it to do so. I always saw the portable games as just extensions and updates of PSU. It evolved in a similar way to how I've seen a lot of other online game evolve. Just over multiple iterations.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 22, 2015, 01:33 AM
I always saw the portable games as just extensions and updates of PSU. It evolved in a similar way to how I've seen a lot of other online game evolve. Just over multiple iterations.
Ya I saw it this way too, it was great seeing the gameplay change during the portable games, just sad that it couldn't be part of the main online MMO game at the time

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2015, 01:39 AM
Fair enough. I just hope PSO2 goes through the same quality transition as PSU did going to PSP2/i.

Dnd
Apr 22, 2015, 01:47 AM
over 300 angas with 250%~550% (a couple of 850%'s thanks to jokers) and walked away with 7 10* weapons now

So i dont bother and hug my casual ideal double saber /o/~

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 22, 2015, 02:00 AM
over 300 angas with 250%~550% (a couple of 850%'s thanks to jokers) and walked away with 7 10* weapons now

So i dont bother and hug my casual ideal double saber /o/~

"casual" he says.

You worked for it, did you not? Or did I miss the joke again? Damnit man, use airquotes!

Dephinix
Apr 22, 2015, 02:05 AM
Maybe casual implies 20 element and not worth using.

Dnd
Apr 22, 2015, 02:12 AM
Maybe casual implies 20 element and not worth using.
Mine is still 20 element because i refuse to pug anymore cmode as its a nightmare, however I only got it for its looks at first, then i figured out its actually not that bad a weapon (It completely shreds dacols, which is amusing, but anyway)

(some) People consider it casual compared to the ares weapons from what I've heard so it was a tounge in cheek poke at that

Kondibon
Apr 22, 2015, 02:17 AM
Can't wait till people get tired of Ult tunnels and it becomes impossible for anyone without connections to get slave weapons. :U

Dephinix
Apr 22, 2015, 02:28 AM
(some) People consider it casual compared to the ares weapons from what I've heard so it was a tounge in cheek poke at that

I consider it stupid because it has more use as a mobbing weapon, a CM weapon is built for bossing, and I would still use meteor Cudgel over it in general.
Maybe you main dual blades and boss with them, idk, but I think most will look and ask why.

Flaoc
Apr 22, 2015, 02:30 AM
I'm not fond of welfare stuff (Ideal)

joke post

Ziel
Apr 22, 2015, 07:56 AM
I was hyped and farmed anga on the first weeks it came out then it all became so stupidly overcomplicated to even attempt the kill on it i just flipped on uq, would be silly to even think i would get a random 13* the first kills as i hate dearly rng and it seems mutual.

When the "locked party" fashion came in, added to the "farm x points then do this then hop mpa´s then repeat" added to the "lol password" barrier every time i just got sick of it, i dont mind killing tons of things but the added restrictive group facts its what makes me rage the most, im not a min maxer so when sega announced "hey you can now work towards your 13*s! no more depending on Rng!" the difference is so stupidly minimal i dont even care, so yeah, fk anga, ill stay in cmode and lilipa (besides i like mech mobs and bosses =w=)

897 kills, got 1 rod and 1 talis, never in my life since my first game (psu) liked forces, so yeah extra fuq dis if you ask me.

GHNeko
Apr 22, 2015, 12:16 PM
I stopped reading about 3-4 pages in

Stop this.

Stop this right this instant.

Because

I'm saying is it seems like a lot of people are giving up too dam fast and then complain about the whole thing which isn't doing much, lucky or not, nothing you can do with how the system works. What I'm saying is you aren't gonna find what your looking for if your gonna give up so fast and just sit on your ass waiting for Sega to make it even more easier to get something thats almost as strong as it or just in that rarity level to make you feel better about yourself

This is what happens.

What determines the baseline that determines if you gave up too fast or not? Don't you think its a little condescending to imply that people dont put in enough work into the game with the tone in your post; "People give up too fast." which is along the same lines of "If you work hard enough, you'll get your reward."?

Doesnt really matter if they tried for 96 hours straight or 300 hours over the course of a month; coming into a thread talking about how people give up too quickly is not a nice thing to do lmfao.

ArcaneTechs
Apr 22, 2015, 06:07 PM
Stop this.

Stop this right this instant.

Because

This is what happens.

What determines the baseline that determines if you gave up too fast or not? Don't you think its a little condescending to imply that people dont put in enough work into the game with the tone in your post; "People give up too fast." which is along the same lines of "If you work hard enough, you'll get your reward."?

Doesnt really matter if they tried for 96 hours straight or 300 hours over the course of a month; coming into a thread talking about how people give up too quickly is not a nice thing to do lmfao.
I pretty much talked out my vent with a few others, so feel free to stop quoting me now since well I flat out lost interest in the thread once maintenance came up last night (until now but last post)

yuln
Apr 24, 2015, 07:03 AM
So... I decided to do the new Ultimate quest instead, and it seems like the drops are pretty generous compared to the previous quest. This just came from my 90th~ Anga, my only class at 70+ is my ranger at 75, so I am quite happy with it! 31 in light as well!

http://i57.tinypic.com/2iueptu.jpg

Vatallus
Apr 24, 2015, 08:29 AM
I see people are still elitist over their Ares weapons. Good for you. I shoved mine on my support partner because I don't care. Their damage is nice and all but there actually is stronger alternatives. (Anything you can use Limit Break with for example.)

I actually like my 13* partizan though. That said if you are just spamming a certain PA than any 11* with said PA boost matches them. (Know this from actually testing weapons) Though I am more than happy with my CM Dual Blades since they outdamage 12* Fi/Bo dual blades with limit break. Unless you want that little extra damage for XH then the CM weapons actually still outplay Ares when it comes to smashing bosses. Though people like to call them welfare weapons because you didn't have to give the RNG god a blow job to get one. Especially since the CM weapons potential is honestly a built in Limit Break unlike the Ares potential. Not all potentials are applied at the same time. Monster family/boss family potentials are applied at the very end. Even Slave is better than Ares because Slave potential give raw damage bonuses to the base. Potentials applied at the base or very end give the most benefit.

I suppose I would be less cynical if more people with 13*s could play like they knew what they were doing. (This isn't directed towards anyone in general, more of just what I've seen from randoms that have all the 13*s and still get outplayed by people with worse gear.)

I have only two Ares 13*s and currently one CM 13*. Nothing from Ult Lillipa yet even though two teammates scored a 13* on the 2nd day.

milranduil
Apr 24, 2015, 08:37 AM
Though I am more than happy with my CM Dual Blades since they outdamage 12* Fi/Bo dual blades with limit break.

Not sure what world you live in, but brave stance/LB hyakka beats out anything BoHu can do with 13*s.

Z-0
Apr 24, 2015, 08:40 AM
? Ares weapons are the best for every weapon type, apart from:

Partizan, Wired Lance, Katana, Dual Blades, Jet Boots (and anything that is a boss only weapon, like Rifle and Bow, for example, in which Ideal is the best overall)

Furthermore, racist and PA-boosting latents do not match Ares, the 60 element and attack boost is just way too high, with the latent to top it off.

Slave is the same, it's better than everything else apart from Ares and a couple of other situations (Magatsu Rod is better for TeFo than Slave Wand, for example, although Ares Wand is stronger than Magatsu Rod). Also for Slave I don't bother including the latent because it's a load of trash.

Not sure what your point is. It goes without saying that the Ideal weapons are the best for bossing (apart from the following weapons up top, of course) too, but the ideal weapons are weaker than other 11/12* weapons (although only slightly for non-tech, and with quite a bit gap for tech, if I remember correctly).

Superia
Apr 24, 2015, 08:47 AM
Would Ideal/Ares Bow actually do more than like Southern Cross/Nasu on Ranger main?

Also, I got my Ares TMG from the very first Anga I killed in Ultimate Lilipa, so I guess like 290 tries or so.

Z-0
Apr 24, 2015, 08:48 AM
Yes, this makes BrGu, BrRa, somebowcombohere better to have Br main. The damage increase from Ares/Ideal tops the 20% bonus from Ra or Gu main.

milranduil
Apr 24, 2015, 08:48 AM
I tested br/ra (60 ares) vs. ra/br nasuyoteri (bal rodos):

br/ra: 783k LN
ra/br: 863k LN

Superia
Apr 24, 2015, 08:56 AM
I tested br/ra (60 ares) vs. ra/br nasuyoteri (bal rodos):

br/ra: 783k LN
ra/br: 863k LN

That would put Ares Bow roughly at the same power as Ra/Br with Southern Cross for all PAs, and Nasu above any form of Braver main for LN damage specifically. I do not know how much of the difference a stronger Chase and Penetrating Arrow would make up for Ideal.

Z-0
Apr 24, 2015, 09:05 AM
Interesting.

I'll try it out with Ideal Bow later (damage calculator gives higher numbers, but you know) as I need to buy one anyway for Magatsu. Gotta spend my CM on something...