PDA

View Full Version : is the reduced tech/pa visual thing true

Flaoc
Apr 22, 2015, 04:42 AM
They also added the option to reduce the tech/PA visual effects from other players.

Took them long enough.

yea i cant find this option.. dunno if its real or not

Ephidiel
Apr 22, 2015, 05:09 AM
Maybe it is not optional

Z-0
Apr 22, 2015, 05:11 AM
一部のフォトンアーツ、テクニックにおいて、自分以外のキャラクターが使用した場合、エフェクトを薄くする ように変更します。

It's not optional, if I'm reading right. It just says "If PAs/Techniques by other characters are used, the effect will be reduced".

Achelousaurus
Apr 22, 2015, 06:22 AM
About time. Really.
The game is a visual clusterfuck like nothing I played before. Not even super fast paced games like DMC are nearly as bad.

Often I play blind and cannot even see my character or what I am doing, it's all guesswork and muscle memory.

I really hope now I can actually see stuff and play normally.

BoJigga
Apr 22, 2015, 06:55 AM
Hopefully this includes shifta and deband. That spam right before the tele transports can get pretty bad

Z-0
Apr 22, 2015, 07:18 AM
Ya, played a couple of CM runs, I can actually see Mission 3 now.

Korazenn
Apr 22, 2015, 08:57 AM
Ya, played a couple of CM runs, I can actually see Mission 3 now.

I have to see this myself. lol

Z-0
Apr 22, 2015, 09:01 AM
Mission 3 is in desert, did you know that? I found that out today. There are darkers in it! o:

Korazenn
Apr 22, 2015, 08:35 PM
Mission 3 is in desert, did you know that? I found that out today. There are darkers in it! o:

OH. MAI. GAWD. I never would have even guessed those things were Darkers! O:

Did you see Mission 4, too?! There were Fang Banthers there the whole time! Don't you even get me started that M10 was really in Caves!
Seriously, though, this is one of my favorite updates since release when you combine that with faster Mag leveling.

wefwq
Apr 22, 2015, 08:46 PM
Ice texture from freeze abnormal status also got downgraded, it now looks real ugly.

Meji
Apr 22, 2015, 09:00 PM
Photon Blast chains still kills my frame rate though.

TaigaUC
Apr 22, 2015, 10:47 PM
Transparency Multisampling or SGSSAA kills my frame rate when transparent effects appear onscreen.
If you have that on, I recommend leaving it off.

Korazenn
Apr 22, 2015, 11:08 PM
Don't get any problems here, but I also have a high-end gaming rig and also run custom Nvidia settings for anti-aliasing, anistrophic filtering, and higher quality textures without getting any frame dips either. Must be a hardware thing. :v

Edson Drake
Apr 22, 2015, 11:54 PM
Ice texture from freeze abnormal status also got downgraded, it now looks real ugly.

Right? This update should have been optional. I wanted higher graphics settings and instead now the game looks uglier.

Shunx
Apr 22, 2015, 11:56 PM
idk what part of this is happening, but if it is, my FPS has gone down to shit because of it.

I run with unilmited FPS setting and get around 130~160 FPS, but then it constantly drops, more so than ever since the update.

Rayden
Apr 23, 2015, 04:33 AM
It doesn't really seem any different to me. I still can't see anything in 12/12 MPAs.

elryan
Apr 23, 2015, 05:05 AM
Photon Blast chains still kills my frame rate though.

I set PB count to 1, not because of the frame rate, but because it obstructs my vision (ever PB chained with 12 people? 12 huge shiny creatures blocking the screen and gets you killed.)

Rehal
Apr 23, 2015, 05:19 AM
I set PB count to 1, not because of the frame rate, but because it obstructs my vision (ever PB chained with 12 people? 12 huge shiny creatures blocking the screen and gets you killed.)

where set that?

red1228
Apr 23, 2015, 05:27 AM
where set that?

Options > Video Settings > Display Settings

Rehal
Apr 23, 2015, 05:42 AM
Options > Video Settings > Display Settings

oooo meni tenk

TaigaUC
Apr 23, 2015, 06:28 AM
Don't get any problems here, but I also have a high-end gaming rig and also run custom Nvidia settings for anti-aliasing, anistrophic filtering, and higher quality textures without getting any frame dips either. Must be a hardware thing. :v

I just bought a 970 and have the same issues with Transparency Multisampling.
Frame rate sits at constant 60fps (locked to 60fps max) until I cast some Techs (eg. Shifta/Deband), then it drops to 40 instantly.
Doesn't matter if I have everything else on low. Just that alone dips the frame rate.

FmT
Apr 23, 2015, 08:58 AM
I had that kind of problem before with PhysX and an option in nvidia settings. Maybe uninstall physX and see if the problem is resolved or update to a new one.

Selphea
Apr 23, 2015, 06:05 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/z7JY9Ki.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Doesn't look very reduced to me.

wefwq
Apr 23, 2015, 09:24 PM
I noticed that some of PAs become more less flashy and having less particle effects, but techs are still same old shit.
They're getting there, just need to put more work into it.
And toning down other people character texture when?

red1228
Apr 23, 2015, 09:33 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/z7JY9Ki.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Yeah, I don't notice any difference. Nor do I believe it was actually implemented...
I do believe in this, however:

random idiot
Apr 23, 2015, 10:15 PM
they should really make this an optional thing, some of us never had problems in the first place

Kondibon
Apr 23, 2015, 10:17 PM
they should really make this an optional thing, some of us never had problems in the first placeIt should be a slider, like the PB thing, but based on what people are saying and my own experience, there's no noticeable difference anyway.

Achelousaurus
Apr 24, 2015, 03:46 AM
if this is true then it's like 50% reduction max.
I cannopt see a difference at all.
Massive clusterfuck in ult lilipa, hitting Magatsu's gut is pure guess work cause everything around me is pure white.

Vatallus
Apr 24, 2015, 08:17 AM
Would vote to have this as an optional setting. I've never needed it. Explains why freeze looks like n64 graphics now.

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2015, 09:25 AM
I bet they just couldn't be bothered adding a slider to the GUI.

I haven't noticed any difference either.

Z-0
Apr 24, 2015, 09:29 AM
Get a friend to use Foie. Difference is definitely there.

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2015, 09:37 AM
Well, I mean... it's kinda pointless if you have to be in a situation where you have to ask someone to do it to notice.

The real problem is that when there's a lot of stuff going on, the screen turns white.
They shouldn't really be reducing the effects when there's nothing going on.

That being said, I've only really been doing clusterfux stuff, that's why I didn't notice.
The friend I usually play with doesn't use Techs often, either.

Achelousaurus
Apr 24, 2015, 11:37 AM
No idea where the fuck the 0 came from.
Meant to say 5% max.
I still can't see shit.

And Taiga is right, the brightness is the main problem.
All effects are lightning effects and increase brightness. Overlay 3 of them and it's already starts to get quite blurry. Overlay the fx from a full mpa in several enemies or a boss with lots going on (any falz, magatsu, etc) and you get snow blind.

red1228
Apr 24, 2015, 11:54 AM
Been playing around some more & yup: Z-0 is correct.

Techs from OTHER players look like their uncharged versions. Was watching some players charge up Foie in Ultimate Lilipa & the fireball was the size of an uncharged version.
I also noticed that some effects are just removed completely. While doing Mining Base 1 last night, I would see Cosmo Breaker's being fired... but then never "see" them explode (could definitely hear them explode tho).

As others have said, the problem lies in MPAs focusing on a single target (like Magatsu's cores). When there's 4 ~ 12 effects all clusterfucked onto the same area, its like staring directly into a light bulb.

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2015, 01:05 PM
https://twitter.com/maidoll/status/590183967380283392

'Nuff said.

Worlds
Apr 26, 2015, 12:43 AM
I have trouble about FPS drop from flashy effect with Tech ,and I would like Sega optimize about effect in game.
maybe add option "close effect another player" and "close effect enemy" this time I feel annoy.

maybe I should mail to sega...

wefwq
Apr 26, 2015, 12:50 AM

'Nuff said.
This actually pretty much accurate to describe melee class trying to hit the enemies while trying to JA their attack, fuck you almost can't see JA circle in the middle of those chaotic light effect.

Rayden
Apr 26, 2015, 07:47 AM
Almost? The JA circles literally stop appearing entirely when there are a lot of effects going on.

Achelousaurus
Apr 27, 2015, 03:44 AM
Yea. Sega fucked this one up royally.
If you just list all the majhor flaws like The Disappearance of the JA Circles you'd think PSO2 is a kusoge and not a super popular morpg.

Anyway, charged or not charged, the luminosity barely changed. Still a massive clusterfuck.

Dephinix
Apr 27, 2015, 04:09 AM
Pretty big difference on my end, no more slowdown at all besides the weird fps lag I got two days ago. JA circles disappearing lately? I have seen it happen in loser eqs, but not in general from
effects, I feel that is client side.

Sizustar
Apr 27, 2015, 09:04 AM

'Nuff said.

http://i.imgur.com/7Ukhort.jpg