PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Horrific lag..

Bashea
Apr 23, 2015, 04:59 PM
I was fighting loser for 20 minutes after he was dead, and didn't get **** for it because I died at the end. Presuming nobody wanted to rez someone who was probably randomly running around hitting nothing.
I lag (not client side lag, ping or latency lag) too bad in UQ to even look at it as something that is playable.

I HAVE tried
- A VPN in several locations.
- Taking the Proxy off, playing with out it, and putting it back on after absolutely no progress.
- Check for missing files.
- Reset my Router and Modem.

So, what the hell else is there to try? Reinstalling the damn game?
I've been browsing for fixes and I haven't seen anything worth reading. If I have passed over it, please just throw me a link and call me stupid.

Also, it started from this last patch only, I have never had this problem before.

Thanks for anyone to reply.

EDIT: I have reinstalled the game just to see, no progress. I still have lag.

EDIT: Let me put it in bold so people don't miss it. IT STARTED THIS PATCH ONLY It's not my computer.

Important posts:
[SPOILER-BOX]
Ok, the results from trying out Arms with AWS and minimum graphical settings.

The lobby was bad when approaching anyone, no particularly noteworthy lag in the teleporter area with S/D spam and getting into the campship was a lot slower than normal. Arms itself was awful, constant stuttering throughout almost the entire fight - the only exception being the last part of the scene where the arms fly down onto the platform and roar. I'm pretty certain everyone else was experiencing it too because the fights were consistently slow, I kept getting paired up with the same people and we were all in sync in terms of actually being able to first attack, leaving via the teleporter and such.

I mean you normally expect a fair amount of lag like this during EQs, but I'd never say unplayable amounts like currently. Is it merely a coincidence that this is occurring not long after they finally opened up renting free partners again?

I will have to agree.. The game is currently unplayable in full MPAs. Saying so, I was fighting arms for a few minutes after death. I don't have any physical lag twards the game, but I do have connection lag or Latency, however you would like to go about it.

It's pretty intense and I'm sure we're not the only ones.
I just hope this may be happening to Japanese players too so it's not just something to press us English players out of the game.

EDIT: In lobbies, I run perfectly fine, in solo missions, I run perfectly fine.
It is literally only full MPAs with a ton of attacks going on.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Stickboy
Apr 23, 2015, 05:06 PM
using vpn would always lag ppl, yeah

try ping to jp or something?

Bashea
Apr 23, 2015, 05:19 PM
using vpn would always lag ppl, yeah

try ping to jp or something?

Ping JP, as in like the site?
Or are you talking about a specific IP address?

Bashea
Apr 23, 2015, 05:32 PM
i.imgur.com/3Q5wQcG .png
Can't post links without 10+ posts on my account so I had to space the .png

EDIT: I'm going to bed, I'll be up in about 8 or so hours.

Mildora
Apr 23, 2015, 05:44 PM
that's your PC. If people around you are fighting/moving and you're not doing damage or taking damage its all client sided. you're still taking damage in the server and still doing damage but it doesn't appear to you. since the lag slows everything down it puts you behind in gameplay to the point where people are mins infront of you in battle, dus you're attacking air and probably dead at the same time.

My friend suggested I get a new GFX and thats what I plan to do hoping it fixes the problem. This is the struggle of having a Toaster and playing PSO2. you're limited to content and lag ALOT. people always ask why I solo stuff. No one understands until they lag like that.

EspeonageTieler
Apr 23, 2015, 05:49 PM
my brother my 2 friends and I are all having the same problems more so in the new UQ than anything

started with the new patch

n_n
Apr 23, 2015, 06:47 PM
i.imgur.com/3Q5wQcG .png
Can't post links without 10+ posts on my account so I had to space the .png

EDIT: I'm going to bed, I'll be up in about 8 or so hours.
You can't ping pso2.jp or the ship IPs, they block requests like that.

Try pinging 158.205.134.10 (one of the closest IPs to ship2's server location) or yahoo.jp

Korazenn
Apr 23, 2015, 08:01 PM
Bashea,

Can you do the following and then post a screenshot of the result: Start > Run > tracert gs016.pso2gs.net

I've also heard other reports of this from people in-game playing the Lillipa UQ and due to the effects used to make certain techniques and photon arts less transparent for other people in your party/MPA. It might be in connection with that. But I also experienced a d/c in Lillipa Desert today as well (Error 630, to be exact, which means you lost connection to the server)...it only did that once, though. If it happens again, I'm going to chalk one down as it being an issue server-side as my internet itself is perfectly fine and I haven't had any other ISP-related issues since I came back in March.

Thanks in advance~

random idiot
Apr 23, 2015, 10:11 PM
do you have cable internet? that usually has pretty bad pings, i'm on fiber and probably have a good route to jp so i really don't notice much lag or anything, plus my pc is pretty decent with loading stuff

Rehal
Apr 23, 2015, 10:22 PM
It's your PC.
Upgrade it. Or reduce game settings to minimum, if you are already at minimum then try playing in smallest resolution you can.

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2015, 02:19 AM
Speaking of Luther, I witnessed an amusing bug with him a while back.
The environment turned blue and I think he intended to do his rotating blades attack.
Instead, he flew high into the sky and slowly circled the map for a long period of time, without attacking.

Anyone else ever seen that happen?
Other players laughed at it, so I know it wasn't just me.

wefwq
Apr 24, 2015, 02:23 AM
Speaking of Luther, I witnessed an amusing bug with him a while back.
The environment turned blue and I think he intended to do his rotating blades attack.
Instead, he flew high into the sky and slowly circled the map for a long period of time, without attacking.

Anyone else ever seen that happen?
Other players laughed at it, so I know it wasn't just me.
Happened to me too awhile back, it caught everyone off guard and proceed to went full potato until luther stop goofing around.

Azure Falcon
Apr 24, 2015, 05:48 AM
that's your PC. If people around you are fighting/moving and you're not doing damage or taking damage its all client sided. you're still taking damage in the server and still doing damage but it doesn't appear to you. since the lag slows everything down it puts you behind in gameplay to the point where people are mins infront of you in battle, dus you're attacking air and probably dead at the same time.

My friend suggested I get a new GFX and thats what I plan to do hoping it fixes the problem. This is the struggle of having a Toaster and playing PSO2. you're limited to content and lag ALOT. people always ask why I solo stuff. No one understands until they lag like that.

It's your PC.
Upgrade it. Or reduce game settings to minimum, if you are already at minimum then try playing in smallest resolution you can.

It's absolutely nothing to do with PC specs, I've been encountering the same issue since the last patch as well despite the game running flawlessly on maxed settings for over a year.

Basically any time I'm approaching a pack of people in a busy lobby, or waiting at the teleporter in an EQ and someone starts using Shifta/Deband, or enemies start using flashy attacks (like Magatsu's deluge) the framerate completely tanks to single digits. I can play solo with 3 AI and amass a screen full of enemies spamming flashy attacks in Ultimate at a rock solid 60fps, but the second it comes to other players doing anything that involves some kind of effect it becomes unplayable. Magatsu was literally a slideshow yesterday.

I've tried removing every single English patch, all file checks, turning settings down considerably, literally nothing works at all. With nobody else reporting issues either I suspected it might have been my internet connection so I was going to try using the old AWS setup again for Falz Arms today and see if that fixed it. However I've been keeping an eye on the trace routes and they don't appear to be any different from a week ago, which also raises the question of if it is related to the changes Sega made to the visual effects.

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 05:53 AM
It's absolutely nothing to do with PC specs, I've been encountering the same issue since the last patch as well despite the game running flawlessly on maxed settings for over a year.

Basically any time I'm approaching a pack of people in a busy lobby, or waiting at the teleporter in an EQ and someone starts using Shifta/Deband, or enemies start using flashy attacks (like Magatsu's deluge) the framerate completely tanks to single digits. I can play solo with 3 AI and amass a screen full of enemies spamming flashy attacks in Ultimate at a rock solid 60fps, but the second it comes to other players doing anything that involves some kind of effect it becomes unplayable. Magatsu was literally a slideshow yesterday.

I've tried removing every single English patch, all file checks, turning settings down considerably, literally nothing works at all. With nobody else reporting issues either I suspected it might have been my internet connection so I was going to try using the old AWS setup again for Falz Arms today and see if that fixed it. However I've been keeping an eye on the trace routes and they don't appear to be any different from a week ago, which also raises the question of if it is related to the changes Sega made to the visual effects.

Yes, you are completely correct about that. We are having the same issue.

I've ran this game perfectly fine up until the latest patch, now the game isn't even playable with MPA's

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 06:02 AM
Bashea,

Can you do the following and then post a screenshot of the result: Start > Run > tracert gs016.pso2gs.net

I've also heard other reports of this from people in-game playing the Lillipa UQ and due to the effects used to make certain techniques and photon arts less transparent for other people in your party/MPA. It might be in connection with that. But I also experienced a d/c in Lillipa Desert today as well (Error 630, to be exact, which means you lost connection to the server)...it only did that once, though. If it happens again, I'm going to chalk one down as it being an issue server-side as my internet itself is perfectly fine and I haven't had any other ISP-related issues since I came back in March.

Thanks in advance~
i.imgur .com/YrWcA32.png

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2015, 06:39 AM
Yesterday's Magatsu was laggy as hell. Really awful. That was Japan prime time.
Did the Japan afternoon one today. No problems.

Happened to me too awhile back, it caught everyone off guard and proceed to went full potato until luther stop goofing around.

Awesome. I wish I was recording, because it's too funny.

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 06:41 AM
Yesterday's Magatsu was laggy as hell. Really awful. That was Japan prime time.
Did the Japan afternoon one today. No problems.

Awesome. I wish I was recording, because it's too funny.

I've had laggy Mag before the recent patch, that's all normal to myself and a bunch of people. But that's not really too bad considering that's just flat out the server being packed up

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2015, 06:45 AM
Yeah, Magatsu was really awful all last week. Worst I've experienced so far.

I guess my point is it seems like the server lag in general has gotten worse.
I was lagging badly in Challenge last week too.
And at least one person living in Japan always gets booted in our organized runs.
Sometimes it's the same person, but we've had around 3 other different people suddenly get booted.

I'm wondering if my lag is caused by certain ISP influences though.

Sizustar
Apr 24, 2015, 07:10 AM
Maybe something like this?
http://kotaku.com/if-your-time-warner-cable-internet-isnt-working-tonight-1699649965

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2015, 07:15 AM
Maybe. I'm not on Time Warner though.
But who knows if my ISP uses similar routes.

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 07:25 AM

I use Cox Communications. Not TWC.

Sizustar
Apr 24, 2015, 07:26 AM
Maybe. I'm not on Time Warner though.
But who knows if my ISP uses similar routes.

You can try a Google public DNS’s

Primary - 8.8.8.8
Secondary - 8.8.4.4

I use Cox Communications. Not TWC.

And it can still be a similiar option, since apprantly it's only you and your connection, so you can try contacting your ISP.
Or try a punlic DNS like GOogles.

There isn't a magic button, and I doubt that the majority here can give you any more information, you can try asking the people on dslreports, as they are the expert on ISP and the route it uses.
http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 07:29 AM
You can try a Google public DNS’s

Primary - 8.8.8.8
Secondary - 8.8.4.4

And it can still be a similiar option, since apprantly it's only you and your connection, so you can try contacting your ISP.
Or try a punlic DNS like GOogles.

Someone from Reddit suggested this too. I just set it up and I'll update after I join this UQ

Edson Drake
Apr 24, 2015, 07:38 AM
I'm using Google's DNS and it's still terrible. I have that rubberband effect like way back in that Mothership LQ we had.

Funny thing is first Ultimate Lilipa day it wasn't terrible like this, so it may have something to do with the routing problem affecting some other providers too, I don't know.

Azure Falcon
Apr 24, 2015, 07:43 AM
http://kotaku.com/if-your-time-warner-cable-internet-isnt-working-tonight-1699649965
I'm in the UK, it'd be very surprising if I were on the same route as customers in the US.

Currently trying out using the AWS proxy again with no patches, no anti-aliasing, all effects on minimum, no shadows and no graphics modifications turned on in the Nvidia control panel. The lobby is still running like utter garbage on busy blocks whenever player characters need to load in and fine on empty blocks.

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 07:54 AM
I'm in the UK, it'd be very surprising if I were on the same route as customers in the US.

Currently trying out using the AWS proxy again with no patches, no anti-aliasing, all effects on minimum, no shadows and no graphics modifications turned on in the Nvidia control panel. The lobby is still running like utter garbage on busy blocks whenever player characters need to load in and fine on empty blocks.

I'm having the same problem too after turning on the DNS. Now I'm actually lagging, not just having horrible MPA lag where I can't do damage or pick anything up.

Flaoc
Apr 24, 2015, 07:57 AM
im pretty convinced its the server when i watch my frames and i see desyncs around the 40's and 50's for fps.. usually it would have to dip below 30 but it wasnt doing that and i still got desync in ult lillipa.. also there are times when fps was in the 90's and people were lagging when looting boss crystals (game was in perfect sync at the moment for me as well)

FacelessRed
Apr 24, 2015, 08:32 AM
I'm getting intense debilitating lag myself. and I've 630'd 4 times today. Twice... JUST NOW.

And 3 times. Nope I'm giving up for today.

Azure Falcon
Apr 24, 2015, 08:46 AM

The lobby was bad when approaching anyone, no particularly noteworthy lag in the teleporter area with S/D spam and getting into the campship was a lot slower than normal. Arms itself was awful, constant stuttering throughout almost the entire fight - the only exception being the last part of the scene where the arms fly down onto the platform and roar. I'm pretty certain everyone else was experiencing it too because the fights were consistently slow, I kept getting paired up with the same people and we were all in sync in terms of actually being able to first attack, leaving via the teleporter and such.

I mean you normally expect a fair amount of lag like this during EQs, but I'd never say unplayable amounts like currently. Is it merely a coincidence that this is occurring not long after they finally opened up renting free partners again?

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 08:49 AM

I will have to agree.. The game is currently unplayable in full MPAs. Saying so, I was fighting arms for a few minutes after death. I don't have any physical lag twards the game, but I do have connection lag or Latency, however you would like to go about it.

It's pretty intense and I'm sure we're not the only ones.
I just hope this may be happening to Japanese players too so it's not just something to press us English players out of the game.

EDIT: In lobbies, I run perfectly fine, in solo missions, I run perfectly fine.
It is literally only full MPAs with a ton of attacks going on.

TaigaUC
Apr 24, 2015, 09:20 AM
I sometimes get 630s while idling. Had my first 630 during Challenge just then.
Someone else (in Japan) got booted on the first run, so we restarted. Now I got booted.

When the server is this unstable, they should put in a way to rejoin everything.
They should have implemented such a system to begin with, really.
It's BS if someone gets kicked randomly, and then it negatively impacts the multi and the victim receives nothing.

In randoms, we can't get everyone to agree to restart.
And during EQs there's no time to restart.
The problems just pile on from fundamentally bad design.

Korazenn
Apr 24, 2015, 12:52 PM
i.imgur .com/YrWcA32.png

Seems to be a Game Guard issue the more I look into this. I know this sounds like a stretch, but it was a similar tracert for someone else I just helped out where I found the problem was Game Guard messing with the hosts file. It's worth a try! ^^

Go into Computer > C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Open up the "hosts" file in Notepad and copy everything within that file into a pastebin (http://pastebin.com/) for me to look into for you. Don't do anything with the file in Notepad until then, though, and just close out of it without saving when you're done.

I'll let you know which lines to remove, if any, afterwards~

Azure Falcon
Apr 24, 2015, 01:10 PM
Seems to be a Game Guard issue the more I look into this. I know this sounds like a stretch, but it was a similar tracert for someone else I just helped out where I found the problem was Game Guard messing with the hosts file. It's worth a try! ^^

Go into Computer > C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Open up the "hosts" file in Notepad and copy everything within that file into a pastebin (http://pastebin.com/) for me to look into for you. Don't do anything with the file in Notepad until then, though, and just close out of it without saving when you're done.

I'll let you know which lines to remove, if any, afterwards~

Interesting. Might be worth noting that yesterday evening I had a big problem with Game Guard while playing that caused one of those 1 min forced shutdown critical Windows errors. After the reboot it'd throw up a GG error when trying to boot PSO2 (but the game still would run). I just did the usual fix in the Tweaker.

I'll throw up my hosts file and trace route as well since I'm having the same issues as Bashea, just in case they can help:
Trace route (https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5crabzvuhc4ih0/trt.png?dl=0)
Hosts file (http://pastebin.com/SQJSbHGx)

Korazenn
Apr 24, 2015, 03:11 PM
Interesting. Might be worth noting that yesterday evening I had a big problem with Game Guard while playing that caused one of those 1 min forced shutdown critical Windows errors. After the reboot it'd throw up a GG error when trying to boot PSO2 (but the game still would run). I just did the usual fix in the Tweaker.

I'll throw up my hosts file and trace route as well since I'm having the same issues as Bashea, just in case they can help:
Trace route (https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5crabzvuhc4ih0/trt.png?dl=0)
Hosts file (http://pastebin.com/SQJSbHGx)

Hmm...your HOSTS file reflects how it is supposed to look here (as in, there are only comment lines with the (#) that starts them), but I'm seeing that you're also getting connection errors in your tracert in areas that Bashea did as well. This makes me think it is an issue with the server, and not as much your network.

Could both of you do one more thing for me, please (still send me that hosts file if you can, Bashea)? Send me a pastebin of your logfile.txt from the PSO2 Tweaker folder. If there is an unseen error causing the issue from missing files or something else, it can also be at the route of the issue, so I'd also suggest trying to run all the Troubleshooting options (especially Check for Old/Empty Files and Empty/Deleted Files along with Fix Gameguard Errors) and then trying the game again to see if all that helped out.

Also, make sure that your PSO2Proxy link is correct. You can Google it to find the site by CyberKitsune as I can't post links here to it.

Azure Falcon
Apr 24, 2015, 03:37 PM
Hmm...your HOSTS file reflects how it is supposed to look here (as in, there are only comment lines with the (#) that starts them), but I'm seeing that you're also getting connection errors in your tracert in areas that Bashea did as well. This makes me think it is an issue with the server, and not as much your network.

Could both of you do one more thing for me, please (still send me that hosts file if you can, Bashea)? Send me a pastebin of your logfile.txt from the PSO2 Tweaker folder. If there is an unseen error causing the issue from missing files or something else, it can also be at the route of the issue, so I'd also suggest trying to run all the Troubleshooting options (especially Check for Old/Empty Files and Empty/Deleted Files along with Fix Gameguard Errors) and then trying the game again to see if all that helped out.

Also, make sure that your PSO2Proxy link is correct. You can Google it to find the site by CyberKitsune as I can't post links here to it.

Alright, here is the logfile (http://pastebin.com/tUepNsdK). I've ran all the checks in Troubleshooting twice so far and tried playing the game with all patches removed with no results. I don't use the PSO2Proxy either since I started being able to connect normally again a few months ago, however I did try with the old Amazon Web Services method again earlier and it was no better.

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 03:46 PM

I also do not use the proxy at the moment, this is a fresh PSO2 install from last night

Hosts (http://pastebin.com/DYHBH8Aw)
Logfile (http://pastebin.com/7D6XaAuj)

Pretty much all of this started since the last patch. I appreciate the effort of trying to figure out our problem!

EDIT: I thought it may weirdly have something to do with the english translation files, so I totally removed anything to do with that and it didn't have any result.

So it is definitely not that. I thought I would try just to see.

EDIT2: I'm going to head to bed. Be back later. Thanks for any future replies while I'm asleep.
Cancel that, I'm pulling an all-nighter

Korazenn
Apr 24, 2015, 07:42 PM
Alright, here is the logfile (http://pastebin.com/tUepNsdK). I've ran all the checks in Troubleshooting twice so far and tried playing the game with all patches removed with no results. I don't use the PSO2Proxy either since I started being able to connect normally again a few months ago, however I did try with the old Amazon Web Services method again earlier and it was no better.

I also do not use the proxy at the moment, this is a fresh PSO2 install from last night

Hosts (http://pastebin.com/DYHBH8Aw)
Logfile (http://pastebin.com/7D6XaAuj)

Pretty much all of this started since the last patch. I appreciate the effort of trying to figure out our problem!

EDIT: I thought it may weirdly have something to do with the english translation files, so I totally removed anything to do with that and it didn't have any result.

So it is definitely not that. I thought I would try just to see.

EDIT2: I'm going to head to bed. Be back later. Thanks for any future replies while I'm asleep.
Cancel that, I'm pulling an all-nighter

The hosts file you have is also perfectly fine as well as both of your logfiles from PSO2 Tweaker. In other words, the issue is really nothing else but the server connection itself. These recent trace routes show that, due to the requests timing out in the same exact areas following SoftBank for multiple people, it leads me to believe there is something wrong with their server.

I've seen a commonality expressed by some users on Skype and a lot of it has to deal with the type of ISP they're trying to connect with at times as well.

This definitely seems like a connection issue to the server. If these issues continue to occur, you both might have to resort to using the proxy from Tweaker and see if that changes anything for the game. Are either of you playing from a laptop by chance?

I've heard recent rumblings over Skype that people using a laptop have had strange issues running PSO2 at times vs. their desktop. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Hopefully, SEGA gets around to fixing this problem for its users sooner than later as I have seen JP players affected by it too in Challenge Quests. >.<

Bashea
Apr 24, 2015, 08:01 PM
The hosts file you have is also perfectly fine as well as both of your logfiles from PSO2 Tweaker. In other words, the issue is really nothing else but the server connection itself. These recent trace routes show that, due to the requests timing out in the same exact areas following SoftBank for multiple people, it leads me to believe there is something wrong with their server.

I've seen a commonality expressed by some users on Skype and a lot of it has to deal with the type of ISP they're trying to connect with at times as well.

This definitely seems like a connection issue to the server. If these issues continue to occur, you both might have to resort to using the proxy from Tweaker and see if that changes anything for the game. Are either of you playing from a laptop by chance?

I've heard recent rumblings over Skype that people using a laptop have had strange issues running PSO2 at times vs. their desktop. Sorry I couldn't be of more help! Hopefully, SEGA gets around to fixing this problem for its users sooner than later as I have seen JP players affected by it too in Challenge Quests. >.<

The tweaker from the proxy as in Cyberkitsune? Or is there another one out there? Because I see on the tweaker where it says Proxy, but I have no clue if that's two different things from Kitsune's.

Korazenn
Apr 24, 2015, 09:58 PM
The tweaker from the proxy as in Cyberkitsune? Or is there another one out there? Because I see on the tweaker where it says Proxy, but I have no clue if that's two different things from Kitsune's.

It's CyberKitsune's proxy that you see there on PSO2 Tweaker. c:

You can search "PSO2Proxy" on the web to find it.

Sanjifire
Apr 24, 2015, 11:20 PM
My sister has been having this exact issue for several months now. She plays on laptop, I play on desktop. Otherwise we are on the same connection and I hardly ever lag.

Korazenn
Apr 25, 2015, 02:50 AM
My sister has been having this exact issue for several months now. She plays on laptop, I play on desktop. Otherwise we are on the same connection and I hardly ever lag.

This is starting to further confirm my suspicions that users on laptops are facing strange issues regarding connection to the servers of the game itself more so than anyone else. Especially because the moment that the "Request timed out." errors occur on trace reports are always following the line with "SoftBank."

Recently since mid-March, westerners were able to connect to the game again after SEGA fixed/migrated their servers from Yahoo! JP to Softbank, most likely. The only thing I can think of users doing is to try and use the proxy. If not, then to go ahead and try an available desktop rather than a laptop to see if it works any better.

Azure Falcon
Apr 25, 2015, 04:21 AM

Desktop (i5 2500k, 560ti, 8gb DDR3). I'll hold off on using the proxy until anyone else confirms that it fixes the issue since AWS didn't work either and I'd rather avoid triggering an e-mail verification. If, as you say, JP players are experiencing problems as well then that gives me some hope as the chances are it'll reach Sega's ears and they'll investigate.

Korazenn
Apr 25, 2015, 04:45 AM
Desktop (i5 2500k, 560ti, 8gb DDR3). I'll hold off on using the proxy until anyone else confirms that it fixes the issue since AWS didn't work either and I'd rather avoid triggering an e-mail verification. If, as you say, JP players are experiencing problems as well then that gives me some hope as the chances are it'll reach Sega's ears and they'll investigate.

Don't worry, I can understand how you feel about using a proxy as I'm the same way and prefer to play the game without having to resort to such methods as well. c:

While I can't always be positive it's the case, the really good MPAs for Challenge Quests I've been in have sometimes been toppled over by very random d/c's since the maintenance. I've had strange lag spikes for a few seconds where I hit enemies, but they don't do anything but move around and stare at me.

No damage counted towards hitting them, et al. After a couple more seconds, the game is relatively lag free again (as in...not FPS drops, but server connection issues). I only 630'd once in Desert since the last maintenance period, but I've known that area to give me problems like that before as well. I'm going to chalk it up to being a server-side issue for some ISPs until someone can prove it wrong.

Poyonche
Apr 25, 2015, 04:57 AM
I am also having horrible lag issues but only in Ultimate Quest in PC block, lag is greatly reduced in Shared Block, though I lagged alot today. I am a laptop user.

wefwq
Apr 25, 2015, 05:42 AM
I don't get this kind of lag on any other quests other than ultimate lillipa.
ye im toaster owner here.

Charmeleon
Apr 25, 2015, 07:59 AM
I play on a POS laptop and have been having issues with Ult Lilipa. Not always, but most of the time. Used to have the same issues with Ult Nab, but they went away mysteriously. Which makes me unsure whether they're related to my hardware or connection.

To clarify, I've been having the issue where my game falls very behind whenever there's too much action. As soon as the action stops my game catches up and I no longer feel any "lag". This only happens in Ult and nowhere else. Seems to be mostly hardware related, but I have no idea why these issues didn't persist with Ult Nab for me. Restarting my game a few times can fix the issue, so I'm guessing it's partially related to my game client's performance (which can vary upon each reboot). Doesn't explain why I can play Ult Nab now even on the shittiest of clients now though.

Bashea
Apr 25, 2015, 08:10 AM
Hmm, speaking of. It seems like a lot of you are talking about physical lag, rather than like, your hits not showing up, or it taking a few minutes to pick up and item.

Because it's just strange how it started just on this last patch for me.

The worst part is, nobody is going to do Nab UQ, so that slims down my chances to only getting a 13* through CM. Because at this state I'm in, I'm useless to my UQ MPA, and it's just leaching because I just appear to them like I'm running around attacking air. So there's no use for me even trying Lili UQ. That's even if CM works.
So pretty much, anyone with my problem specifically, can not play the game right now.

Bashea
Apr 25, 2015, 08:37 AM
I play on a POS laptop and have been having issues with Ult Lilipa. Not always, but most of the time. Used to have the same issues with Ult Nab, but they went away mysteriously. Which makes me unsure whether they're related to my hardware or connection.

To clarify, I've been having the issue where my game falls very behind whenever there's too much action. As soon as the action stops my game catches up and I no longer feel any "lag". This only happens in Ult and nowhere else. Seems to be mostly hardware related, but I have no idea why these issues didn't persist with Ult Nab for me. Restarting my game a few times can fix the issue, so I'm guessing it's partially related to my game client's performance (which can vary upon each reboot). Doesn't explain why I can play Ult Nab now even on the shittiest of clients now though.

We have the exact same issue, but in my case, just about every 12 MPA.
So, I really don't know how to explain why it started all this last patch.

Punisher106
Apr 25, 2015, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I've been noticing some crazy latency issues in EQs and UQs. One Lillipa UQ, I actually got 630'd.

Aeris
Apr 25, 2015, 12:17 PM
This is starting to further confirm my suspicions that users on laptops are facing strange issues regarding connection to the servers of the game itself more so than anyone else. Especially because the moment that the "Request timed out." errors occur on trace reports are always following the line with "SoftBank."

Recently since mid-March, westerners were able to connect to the game again after SEGA fixed/migrated their servers from Yahoo! JP to Softbank, most likely. The only thing I can think of users doing is to try and use the proxy. If not, then to go ahead and try an available desktop rather than a laptop to see if it works any better.

Too bad i don't have a desktop to even game on atm, not even done yet due to lack of funds.

TaigaUC
Apr 26, 2015, 12:21 AM
My Win 8.1 laptop seems to respond faster and lags less than my Win 7 desktop.
It's particularly noticeable when spamming tekking and such.
Desktop should be more powerful, so I'm not sure what's causing it.

Bashea
Apr 27, 2015, 04:37 AM
Hey everyone, I recently swapped to a desktop and UQ does have very small lag, but it is WAY better than when I was on my laptop. So it does appear to me that it was my laptop like Korazenn was saying a while back. My laptop is perfectly fine, it just has bad connection I would suppose with the server.

I just wanted to update the post and say that It's working fine now on my end.