PDA

View Full Version : Instant "disconnected from server" message

KusaTheFonewearl
Apr 25, 2015, 07:43 AM
Well Uh.... I removed the tweaker and stuff... The game worked fine for awhile... But then after I started playing pso2 on my vita, my pc pso2 started acting up. (begin "you can never come back" vita jokes)
I'll get to the login screen and enter my info but the second -and I mean the exact second- I press enter I get a message in Japanese that says I've been disconnected from the server. (サーバーから切断されました。) Um.... WTF?? It doesn't even give my game TIME to connect to the server.
I tried uninstalling pso2 and everything related to the tweaker and doing a clean install of the game, I have tried logging in without the tweaker and then reinstalling the tweaker and logging in with that and I still get the same result. Hell even when I type in gobbledeegook and no password on the login screen I still have the same issue, so its not account based at least.

I have all the patches installed. I've done it both ways (thru the tweaker and thru the launcher itself) and nothing has helped. I wanna say it's gameguard or something in a game related txt document that's messing up the ability to connect but idk...

Any help here would be appreciated, thanks! =w= Also sorry if i this is in the wrong section.

Z-0
Apr 25, 2015, 07:45 AM
Go to your hosts file and remove all entries related to the PSO2Proxy, as this is probably the issue.

It is located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (or something).

KusaTheFonewearl
Apr 25, 2015, 07:47 AM
eh? um... are you sure its in drivers? *checks* Well I found a file just called "hosts" that was last edited on 3/10/1015.... Think that might be it?

OOh, nevermind I got it. Thanks!

NICE, quickest solution ever.

Z-0
Apr 25, 2015, 07:53 AM
Yes, I am pretty sure I know what that file is. Open it, and if you see anything starting with gsXXX, remove it and save the file.

If that doesn't fix your problem, it's something else.