PDA

View Full Version : Ra/Hu build max dps and some questions

Kurome
Apr 25, 2015, 09:40 AM
I decided to start my journey as a ranger since I love classes with guns and sorts, especially heavy artillery.
There were mostly general topics related to ranger class. I'm totally new to this game and I don't understand a lot of things, especially the mag system (yes, saw the guide), but it couldn't dispel my doubts. Some ppl told me to make pure R-ATK mag, and my question is: To make a pure R-ATK mag do I have to feed him only with items that have pistol on the icon or some other items as well? And what about the items (room items) that I ususally have a lot?
To clarify things, for which I have to pay attention the most as a Ranger (correct me if I'm wrong on these below):
打撃支援 - x
射撃支援 - o
法撃支援 - ?
技量支援 - o
打撃防御支援 - x
法撃防御支援 - ?

I assume that even if i'll be using a sword (ranger sword) Is it required to add points also to 打撃支援? Sometimes when enemy is too close I use it as a finisher.

Before I realized that my build was crap I had around 27lv and fed him with mostly everything (cuz wanted to get rid of items that I had a lot in my equipment)

And here is build (Ra/Hu) as a female cast: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10dSbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIbjJ2lNDnjJksNI20000006doIn0000000jdOboaoIdl bcAfdxJIdKI200000fdo0000000Io00000007oIn00000000Ib Io0000000jdoIb0000000j
I made this build with some help of guides and templates, but yet not sure which of them will maximize my dps.

1. Is dive roll useful for ranger, or it benefits only gunner? And is it better to put these 2 points somewhere else like to shooting up1?
2. Is Automate Halfline good for ranger and is it useful or it is better to put these points to hp? (hunter tree is mostly based on japanese builds so I know only a little about hunter tree)

My english is bad, sorry about that.

Scale of Judgment
Apr 25, 2015, 09:55 AM
Get Bullet keep, power bullet, and massive bullet. Stat boosters like hp are not that vital for maximizing dps. The hu side is more for utility after maxing fury stance and JA bonuses.
One can go for massive hunter for uninterrupted satellite cannons.
or go for iron will for surviving lethal hits.
Ratk boosters are not the priority as ratk boosters are sp used for when you have filled everything else.
The playstyle will vary pending on how you go about it.
First Hit goes well for Launcher users who can clusterbomb.
Killing Bonus is nice for pp regen for launcher as you are clearing mobs.
Could use stun grenade if things are moving too fast long enough for a clear weakpoint shot.

Not familiar with traps to say they are optimized.

edit: Dive roll is useful for 1 point if anything. Automate is great

Edson Drake
Apr 25, 2015, 10:07 AM
The dive roll is very useful, but pales compared to the other dodge actions.

Back when I had low end gear I used to run it maxed it's your only defense and will save you quite a bit of times. These days however, there are many other defence sources, like Massive Hunter, Automate Halfline, Flash Guard that you can use to resist damage while attacking, so put at max 3 points in Dive Roll when you have all of your skill points taken care of.

Automate halfline is great for all classes subbing HU since you don't need to stop attacking, giving a big DPS increase. You only need to resist OHKO and the rest is taken care by Automate.

for the Mag, go pure RATK by feeding it 9* RATK weapons, so it's ranger, gunner weapons and bows basically. This will greatly increase Dex too so you'll need to lower that with readily available and cheap 5* room items.

Ziel
Apr 25, 2015, 10:26 AM
1 point in tool mastery and tactics trap would help you a lot in mobbing, also get bullet keep, helps a lot in having wb loaded while letting it cooldown and still dpsing (i would sustract the needed points from r-atk 1 as its pretty negligible)

Im main launcher so rifle is always loaded with wb on standby not sure if you plan to main rifle.

As for mag, i feed it 7+ (preferably 9*) launchers/rifles tmg´s (bought a new mag) and use Mushroom chair (400 meseta in room shop near franka and recycle shop) to lower its dex, full r-atk is my go, since dex its pretty meh and ra/hu cant even build for criticals.

As for your hunter build, if you want survability dont put in hp, put the damage resistances and get massive hunter, its always effective during 45s and other 45 on cd wich imo makes massive bullet useless if your sub is hu (use massive hunter, load away)

Here is my revamp and what i pretty much use

http_://bit.ly/1JoTJWP please delete the "_" since i cant post links yet.

nguuuquaaa
Apr 25, 2015, 11:15 AM
First of all, RAs don't use swords, they use rifle/launcher/gunslash and bow if BR sub.

First Hit is useless in UQ/XH/boss fight, but it helps one-shotting trash mobs on SH
I prefer Tactics Trap over Killing Bonus, because I need PP the most when things are actually alive, not after they all die.
Massive Bullet is still recommended when Massive Hunter on CD.

Kurome
Apr 25, 2015, 11:17 AM
Ratk boosters are not the priority as ratk boosters are sp used for when you have filled everything else.
what do u mean, which boosters?

First Hit goes well for Launcher users who can clusterbomb.
u mean cluster bullet photon art?

Killing Bonus is nice for pp regen for launcher as you are clearing mobs.
How many points would u recommend to put into killing bonus?

so put at max 3 points in Dive Roll when you have all of your skill points taken care of.
Thanks for advice, will do so.

You only need to resist OHKO and the rest is taken care by Automate.
What’s OHKO?

for the Mag, go pure RATK by feeding it 9* RATK weapons, so it's ranger, gunner weapons and bows basically. This will greatly increase Dex too so you'll need to lower that with readily available and cheap 5* room items.
9* って何ですか?;'

Im main launcher so rifle is always loaded with wb on standby not sure if you plan to main rifle.
I use a rifle at bosses rather than on usual mobs (unless they’re too close so then I’ll switch to either sword or rifle) bcuz I need time to load a Lanucher and sometimes it ‘s not possible. But most of the time I use Launcher.

As for traps, well I don't think I'll have use of them bcuz I want to kill as fast as its possible and I saw them on YT, they doesn't seem impressive. Maybe they're useful but I know that I wont use it (perhaps laziness lol), so maybe thats why.

Thanks for answers, I really do appreciate it. :)
P.S nguuuquaaa I like ur build :)

Flaoc
Apr 25, 2015, 11:20 AM
the problem with killing bonus is u practically have to be in humping range for it to work and if you are clustering mobs its just not gonna work too well.. there is much better mileage in getting tactics trap and throwing a stun grenade or gravity grenade to restore pp

Kurome
Apr 25, 2015, 11:39 AM
the problem with killing bonus is u practically have to be in humping range for it to work and if you are clustering mobs its just not gonna work too well.. there is much better mileage in getting tactics trap and throwing a stun grenade or gravity grenade to restore pp
by humping range u mean.. fight? xD Sorry I'm not from US so I don't understand this kind of words, also my dictionary is very limited :^

Hope this one will be fine: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10dSbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIbl2lNGAqncsJksNI20000006doIn0000000jdOboHOI dlbcAfdKJIdKIs00000fdo0000000Io00000007oIn00000000 IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000

EDIT. I wonder if there will be a free tree reset ticket one day..

Flaoc
Apr 25, 2015, 11:54 AM
uhhh it means u practically have to be within 5 ft of them to even get it to proc which ra usually wont be that close.. melee range basically

Ziel
Apr 25, 2015, 11:56 AM
what do u mean, which boosters?

Bossters are the "R-atk up 1" and the like skills

u mean cluster bullet photon art?

Yes he means cluster bullet

How many points would u recommend to put into killing bonus?

i would max spare 5 point into it, if you got any points to spare

What’s OHKO?

One Hit K.O, also known as one hit kill, what he means if you gotta make sure nothing one shots you (as in one hit and you´re dead) so you can actually deal damage

as for 9* means nine stars (* used instead of the "star" word) to summarize rarity.

Kurome
Apr 25, 2015, 01:26 PM
as for 9* means nine stars (* used instead of the "star" word) to summarize rarity.
Idk if I'll be able to find 9* items on low level. Isn't it just ok to use items with pistol on the icons? Other thing is that I have no idea how these items look like :^ How I can recognize them? Or do u literally mean 9 stars visible on item?

Edson Drake
Apr 25, 2015, 01:32 PM
You can easily find 9 stars RATK weapons by buying them at the shops, they are blue, differently from striking weapons which are red and white for tech weapons, so you can't miss it.

You can also search directly for an specific weapon type on the player shops. For example I find rifles to be usually cheaper than anything else so I'll search for rfiles, define the minimum rarity as 9 and buy the cheapest I can to feed the mag.

And once you reach VH/SH 9* drops will be everywhere so don't worry too much about it.

Kurome
Apr 26, 2015, 11:25 AM
1 point in tool mastery and tactics trap would help you a lot in mobbing, also get bullet keep, helps a lot in having wb loaded while letting it cooldown and still dpsing (i would sustract the needed points from r-atk 1 as its pretty negligible)

As for mag, i feed it 7+ (preferably 9*) launchers/rifles tmg´s (bought a new mag) and use Mushroom chair (400 meseta in room shop near franka and recycle shop) to lower its dex, full r-atk is my go, since dex its pretty meh and ra/hu cant even build for criticals.

As for your hunter build, if you want survability dont put in hp, put the damage resistances and get massive hunter, its always effective during 45s and other 45 on cd wich imo makes massive bullet useless if your sub is hu (use massive hunter, load away)

Here is my revamp and what i pretty much use

http_://bit.ly/1JoTJWP please delete the "_" since i cant post links yet.

about that Mushroom chair, do I have to put it in my room or just keep in inventory? Mushroom chair also rises its R-ATK..

doomdragon83
Apr 26, 2015, 11:44 AM
about that Mushroom chair, do I have to put it in my room or just keep in inventory? Mushroom chair also rises its R-ATK..
He really meant Mushroom Table the 5* room item. You keep it in your inventory and feed it to your mag to reduce DEX on your mag. When you give your mag guns and bows, they also increase DEX, before you gain a level on DEX, use about 2 Mushroom Tables to lower DEX. Mushroom Tables being a 5* room item also increases R-ATK a little so it is beneficial to you. They are also very cheap to buy so they are recommended but any other 5* room item you come across will do the same thing for you.

Ziel
Apr 27, 2015, 09:28 AM
He really meant Mushroom Table the 5* room item. You keep it in your inventory and feed it to your mag to reduce DEX on your mag. When you give your mag guns and bows, they also increase DEX, before you gain a level on DEX, use about 2 Mushroom Tables to lower DEX. Mushroom Tables being a 5* room item also increases R-ATK a little so it is beneficial to you. They are also very cheap to buy so they are recommended but any other 5* room item you come across will do the same thing for you.

Eh no, i really meant the mushroom chair, 400 meseta item, thats what i feed my mag to lower its dex and its way cheaper, also you dont put it in room, you keep it in inventory, go give mag food in the menu and then select it.

http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/icons_large/room/seat/seat_029.png

this thing.