PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 4/22 recent FPS drop issues

Shunx
Apr 25, 2015, 10:09 PM
So I'm assuming I'm the only one that has this issue, but someone else with the same computer as mine is experiencing this issue as well, so I'm more or less wondering if it's really JUST me, or if other people are getting constant FPS drop as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zhiXcox-I

I open the Options menu because it tends to happen more when I open and close it. You can tell by the music cutting out as soon as I open it.

Now my laptop isn't terrible, but it's decent enough to run games such as Warframe, HDN, or ABP smoothly with 60 FPS, however on PSO2, I can run at 100 FPS, but due to the recent issues lately, my FPS will constantly fall out, then sync back in.

Superia
Apr 25, 2015, 10:16 PM
The FPS lag you experienced near the beginning of the video by opening the submenu repeatedly I have experienced recently, but nothing as severe as the later drops.

wefwq
Apr 25, 2015, 10:29 PM
Don't really know since i'm using toaster, terribad FPS already become part of my daily life on PSO2.

XbikXBd
Apr 25, 2015, 11:28 PM
this issue just started with the last patch seems to drop on Ult missions and EQ's, and lobby.

Sara-hime
Apr 25, 2015, 11:59 PM
So I wasn't imagining things. My FPS during EQs like Magatsu and TD were dropping like crazy lately. I did use WTFast for the last Magatsu EQ and I wasn't experiencing crazy lag like I normally would. Damage actually counted and my revving people wasn't wasted. But frame rate dip was still happening.

Azure Falcon
Apr 26, 2015, 04:31 AM
Thanks for posting that video, it's a reasonably good example of the lag/framerate issues I've been having since the latest patch (and have been posting about in the Crippling Lag topic).

When you were running around a little bit at the 15 second mark and everything locked up for a split second, that is exactly what I'm experiencing - however for me it occurs when approaching more than 1-2 people at a time in the lobby, and then on a constant basis during the EQs. I'm on a desktop which is still fairly decent (i5 2500k, 560ti 8gb DDR3), and turning down graphics settings to rock bottom didn't fix a thing (neither did routing the connection through AWS).

After doing a bit more monitoring yesterday there was one thing that I noticed, every single time these framerate/lag spikes occur my hard drive starts getting thrashed by PSO2. I don't know if this is normal behaviour though, as I've never actually monitored it until now.

wefwq
Apr 26, 2015, 04:44 AM
Massive lag (or rather should i say, massive pause) upon opening/clossing options are already around since forever i believe, this became real big problem in the middle of EQ/in the busy room that has much things going on.
I think it's because when opening option, the game tried to retrieve and process few information from server since not all saved config are being stored locally.
Worst case, you'll see your screen won't budge and get program crash instead.
Remind me of Wind&Rain EQ last year, it took the game a full minute to close the option menu.

Restarting the game should fix the problem, temporarily.
Not even using no shaders graphic settings can save me from this problem.

Aeris
Apr 26, 2015, 05:47 AM
Thanks for posting that video, it's a reasonably good example of the lag/framerate issues I've been having since the latest patch (and have been posting about in the Crippling Lag topic).

When you were running around a little bit at the 15 second mark and everything locked up for a split second, that is exactly what I'm experiencing - however for me it occurs when approaching more than 1-2 people at a time in the lobby, and then on a constant basis during the EQs. I'm on a desktop which is still fairly decent (i5 2500k, 560ti 8gb DDR3), and turning down graphics settings to rock bottom didn't fix a thing (neither did routing the connection through AWS).

After doing a bit more monitoring yesterday there was one thing that I noticed, every single time these framerate/lag spikes occur my hard drive starts getting thrashed by PSO2. I don't know if this is normal behaviour though, as I've never actually monitored it until now.
If its a really old drive like mine which is a SATA II or older than 2-3 generations behind, all i can say is upgrade to a newer generation but i doubt it even would fix your issue though.

Azure Falcon
Apr 26, 2015, 06:35 AM
If its a really old drive like mine which is a SATA II or older than 2-3 generations behind, all i can say is upgrade to a newer generation but i doubt it even would fix your issue though.

No, it's a fairly recent one. Seems to be normal anyway, I asked a friend to check out his disk activity too and it does the same even though he has no problems currently. I'm completely stumped what the problem is caused by at this point.

elryan
Apr 26, 2015, 07:59 AM
Yes, FPS have been dropping since latest update.

Flaoc
Apr 26, 2015, 08:16 AM
even on my toaster i used to be able to play decently fine with shaders on.. now im forced to go on low just to somewhat be able to play ultimate considering i used to be able to play ultimate nab with shaders on this is a bit concerning

Ordy
Apr 26, 2015, 09:03 AM
I can confirm FPS drops on my side too, re-installed the OS last week and noticed random fps drops, unusual delays in 12P EQ/UQ and even in CM.

Shunx
Apr 26, 2015, 12:21 PM
Massive lag (or rather should i say, massive pause) upon opening/clossing options are already around since forever i believe, this became real big problem in the middle of EQ/in the busy room that has much things going on.
I think it's because when opening option, the game tried to retrieve and process few information from server since not all saved config are being stored locally.
Worst case, you'll see your screen won't budge and get program crash instead.
Remind me of Wind&Rain EQ last year, it took the game a full minute to close the option menu.

Restarting the game should fix the problem, temporarily.
Not even using no shaders graphic settings can save me from this problem.

I get that the options menu can do this, but when I opened it during that time in the video, it shouldn't take me 7 seconds JUST to open the options menu.

wefwq
Apr 26, 2015, 12:26 PM
I get that the options menu can do this, but when I opened it during that time in the video, it shouldn't take me 7 seconds JUST to open the options menu.
This already happened to me long before yesterday patch.
I don't really know what causing this huge lag whenever i want to open the option menu being.
But as far i know, this lag thing being far more noticeable when server are busy or the map are crowded.

Flaoc
Apr 26, 2015, 02:08 PM
ship 2 3pm eastern as soon as the current vopar eq started my game went from normal to holy shit these frames are ass and loading in now causes stutters im playing solo right now not even in eq or lillipa

Dephinix
Apr 26, 2015, 02:43 PM
Yeah, trying to lillipa ult, but wow, the drop since then. Good thing I'm a force right now.

StonedNepgear
Apr 27, 2015, 04:53 AM
The problem is most likely the game using too much VRAM which will kill your performance completely. Disabling any shading options should reduce the problem, the game has a problem with memory and took me awhile to figure out what was actually causing it.

Searaphim
Apr 27, 2015, 05:53 AM
Also having this problem since Lilipa UQ patch. And I have the type of computer that runs the CryEngine on High settings with 60 fps... so yeah..

NovaanVerdiano
Apr 27, 2015, 07:43 AM
+1 here, it's pretty bad, even on lowest settings.

the_importer_
Apr 27, 2015, 07:47 AM
Ditto for me when it comes to the menus, lagging like crazy.

Korazenn
Apr 27, 2015, 10:14 AM
I'd suggest just waiting until maintenance is over tomorrow morning to see if that fixes anything.

It does seem like SEGA is aware of the bugs and issues that Ultimate Lillipa has caused if they're doing Extended Maintenance.

tastycupcake666
Apr 28, 2015, 03:36 PM
My game used to randomly freeze up in the lobby, and i had random fps drops on emergency quest like Falze. Ever sense i upgraded my old dual core 3.4 ghz cpu to a quad core 4.1 ghz. I have not had any issues. :)