Apr 26, 2015, 02:27 AM
Learn how to use it. Thanks!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 26, 2015, 02:28 AM
This did not warrant a thread.

Lostbob117
Apr 26, 2015, 02:29 AM
This did not warrant a thread.

It has no other thread that I would post it in.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 26, 2015, 02:44 AM
It has no other thread that I would post it in.

If that's the impression you get, it's probably for a good reason.

Kondibon
Apr 26, 2015, 02:56 AM
"Something about how no one this is aimed at will likely ever see it"

Lostbob117
Apr 26, 2015, 03:24 AM
"Something about how no one this is aimed at will likely ever see it"

I'm sure this is aimed at plenty of people on this site.

Kondibon
Apr 26, 2015, 03:40 AM
I'm sure this is aimed at plenty of people on this site.Not enough to make a dent in it. Seriously, this isn't the only English community. Hell, based on what I've seen most of the English players don't even frequent this site.

Lostbob117
Apr 26, 2015, 03:44 AM
Not enough to make a dent in it. Seriously, this isn't the only English community. Hell, based on what I've seen most of the English players don't even frequent this site.

You're not wrong.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2015, 03:56 AM
whisper chat is for far away people, pansies and cute girls

Terrence
Apr 26, 2015, 04:15 AM
Not enough to make a dent in it. Seriously, this isn't the only English community. Hell, based on what I've seen most of the English players don't even frequent this site.
Hopefully not the only one but the more condescending for sure. One can't say anything here without being given hell for no reason. Just take the second message of this topic for example... Sad. Hence the desertion for more tolerant and enjoyable places. This, I understand. Back on topic. The whisper function should be used more often indeed. How many time did I see JP people saying things like "しずかに" or "バカ外人" on public chat ?

Lostbob117
Apr 26, 2015, 04:32 AM
Hopefully not the only one but the more condescending for sure. One can't say anything here without being given hell for no reason. Just take the second message of this topic for example... Sad. Hence the desertion for more tolerant and enjoyable places. This, I understand. Back on topic. The whisper function should be used more often indeed. How many time did I see JP people saying things like "しずかに" or "バカ外人" on public chat ?

Doesn't matter what the jps do. I don't like public text being spammed in my chatbox. Saying "Hello" is one thing, but having a whole conversation is another.

Kondibon
Apr 26, 2015, 04:36 AM
I haven't been there lately, but if you want to see JP players talking in the lobby go on the first PC/Vita shared block...

One can't say anything here without being given hell for no reason. Not sure if you're seeing the irony here...

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 26, 2015, 12:36 PM
Doesn't matter what the jps do. I don't like public text being spammed in my chatbox. Saying "Hello" is one thing, but having a whole conversation is another.

Its funny since JP players talk in normal chat too.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 26, 2015, 12:42 PM

There's a couple things wrong with making this thread:

1:Often times ~100 people are going through this forum. By not specifying anyone, you're targeting everyone with this, regardless if they're guilty of doing this or not. It's also insulting because it gives off the 'this community is so ignorant, they need to be told this' vibe, which no one likes.

2: Making this thread is at least just as bad as talking in /a. Why don't you whisper them and tell them to stop?

That's why I said, 'this doesn't warrant a thread'.

Hopefully not the only one but the more condescending for sure. One can't say anything here without being given hell for no reason. Just take the second message of this topic for example... Sad. Hence the desertion for more tolerant and enjoyable places.

90% of the shit you post is giving people hell for voicing dissatisfaction with how SEGA handles PSO2. Everyone can go into your post history, and see that shit, and you have the gall to post shit like this? Do you know what a hypocrite is? Were you born this stupid?

TaigaUC
Apr 26, 2015, 12:42 PM
I haven't seen JP players tell off EN players yet.
JP players talk in normal chat sometimes, but usually not in crowded areas unless it's a place where everyone is freely talking.

Anyway, I dunno if PSO-World is the right place to complain.
Most of the people talking about rubbish in public probably don't read any forums.
It may not even be only an issue of manners, but also that people don't care about others seeing their private conversation.
JP people aren't just more mindful of others, they probably don't want everyone to see their private convo.

I still see duos of EN people having private conversations in public.
It baffles me that they don't bother using whisper.
But I partially blame SEGA for not making a better GUI.
Out of all the times I've seen duos rambling on in public, I think I've only twice seen one of them point out that they could talk privately or in team chat.

Personally, I have multiple private chats going through whisper, party and team chat, both in Japanese and in English.
It's a huge pain having to switch between input methods all the time, and I still do it.
I really wish the chat GUI was better, though.

wefwq
Apr 26, 2015, 12:48 PM
You can find tons of JP chatting on public channel on shared ship meet&chat block.
Back then when i'm still running challenge quest that block lobby area are so crowded with JP, they're spamming /toge and symbolarts all the time, they're basically just like japanese version of B020 chat spam.
I don't know if those crowd are still around until now, since we have new ultimate quest to spam.

And back to when PSO2 still beta testing, Japanese guys talking on lobby are more common tbh.
I seen so much JP having a good time on lobby like EN kids do, i'll never forget having some small conversations with group of JPs talking about which costume has best panties while dancing.

I miss the times where everyone can get along without making the other upset.

TaigaUC
Apr 26, 2015, 12:58 PM
Yeah, but that's on chat blocks. You go there if you want to spam and talk.
It's kinda dumb to do that stuff on random populated blocks, as if forcing other people to join in.
It's probably similar to if strangers suddenly entered your living room and started yelling at each other.

It honestly reminds me of an incident a while back.
English language teachers in Japan held a party in the busiest Tokyo subway at the busiest of times.
They dumped alcohol on random commuters heads, and I think they broke someone's cell phone.
You can imagine that people were not very pleased about that.

Dephinix
Apr 26, 2015, 01:24 PM
My favorite ones are where on person is whispering or using team chat, and the person they're talking to is STILL using area chat. Hell, I've even whispered people before, and nope,
changing to that whisper box is that huge a deal. Typing /p or /t is just too hard for some.

Lostbob117
Apr 26, 2015, 01:26 PM
My favorite ones are where on person is whispering or using team chat, and the person they're talking to is STILL using area chat. Hell, I've even whispered people before, and nope,
changing to that whisper box is that huge a deal. Typing /p or /t is just too hard for some.

That's when you tell them to use whisper or team chat.

TaigaUC
Apr 26, 2015, 01:46 PM
I went into key config and set keys for specific chat modes.
It's kinda annoying because you have to do it twice for non Z-aim and Z-aim mode.

Dephinix
Apr 26, 2015, 01:58 PM
That's when you tell them to use whisper or team chat.

Kinda what I wrote I did, maybe I could have wrote it more clearly, lol. In any case, nope, won't happen.