PDA

View Full Version : Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund

Manta Oyamada
Apr 28, 2015, 03:17 PM
For those who haven't heard, Nepal was struck by a 7.9 Magnitude Earthquake a few days back. And so SEGA has decided to donate the Arks Cash that will be obtain for those who will buy the following items inside the AC Shop.

コスモアトマイザー(3個): Cosmo Atomizer (x3) [400AC]

So you are not just buying the item, but you are also helping the the victims of the Nepal Earthquake.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=6036

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDrYgMkUMAEXJwz.jpg

https://twitter.com/kosumo400AC/status/593024353668898818/photo/1

Atmius
Apr 28, 2015, 03:20 PM
I guess sticking the purchase requirement onto something people wouldn't normally be inclined not to buy wont eat into their profits, compared to making, say, a 30 day premium set the target buy item.

Mattykins
Apr 28, 2015, 03:24 PM
Leave it to Sega to say they'll donate to a cause, then link it to an item that no one ever buys.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 28, 2015, 03:28 PM
Lol Japan is always getting hit by earth quakes. I wonder why this is? Supposely California is a "heavy" earth quake area yet one never happens. The only ones we have here are little ones but never nothing crazy that brings homes down and stuff like that.

Remember the Tsunami not to long ago too?

Xaeris
Apr 28, 2015, 03:28 PM
"Oh, that's pretty cool of them. I wonder...really Sega?"

Cosmo Atomizers? I'd be surprised if more than half the playerbase could tell you what they did if quizzed on the spot, nevermind actually buy them. Well, maybe I'm being negative. Maybe tying it to such a worthless item is a way to isolate how many people are showing support for- oh, who am I kidding.

Add: Nepal's not in Japan.

Mattykins
Apr 28, 2015, 03:30 PM
Also, inb4terrence

Poyonche
Apr 28, 2015, 03:40 PM
inb4terrence "If Sega chose to put that on Cosmo Atomizer, it is because people actually buy it. What you baka gaijins are buying with your ACs =/= what the nice jp players are buying."

It is just for fun, I like Terrence because he plays TE/BO too, though I left TE/BO for BO/HU.

Edit : Note to myself, when you left a tab open for more than 12 minutes, refresh it.

strikerhunter
Apr 28, 2015, 03:43 PM
Lol Japan is always getting hit by earth quakes. I wonder why this is? Supposely California is a "heavy" earth quake area yet one never happens. The only ones we have here are little ones but never nothing crazy that brings homes down and stuff like that.

You kinda explained your own point. Majority of California's quakes barely register under 5.0 and the infrastructures are meant to resist quakes as well. So technically California does get a lot of quakes but almost all of them are barely felt and do barely any damage with the exception of rare ones like the San Fransisco quake but infrastructure is to blame for all that damage.

As for why Japan gets hit by stronger quake, well I'm no geologist but it's probably because the movement and collision of the Pacific plate and Eurasian plate.

Oh and lol props to Sega promoting for cosmos.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 28, 2015, 04:28 PM
Cosmo Atomizer

Never heard of em.

Terrence
Apr 28, 2015, 04:31 PM
Also, inb4terrence

inb4terrence "If Sega chose to put that on Cosmo Atomizer, it is because people actually buy it. What you baka gaijins are buying with your ACs =/= what the nice jp players are buying."
I have to admit you both made me laugh ! ;-)
But... *Drum roll* No, SEGA did shit this time.

Sizustar
Apr 28, 2015, 04:35 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_earthquakes_in_California
http://www.consrv.ca.gov/index/earthquakes/Pages/qh_earthquakes_calbigones.aspx

Maninbluejumpsuit
Apr 28, 2015, 04:46 PM

I... did not expect this.

BIG OLAF
Apr 28, 2015, 04:55 PM
This is funny. There's better ways to donate to the relief fund (oh, by the way, barely any money ever actually makes it to the country you're supposedly 'relieving' in these fundraisers) than to put it in SEGA's pocket first.

Sayara
Apr 28, 2015, 07:14 PM
It was an effort at least <_<;

Perfect Chaos
Apr 28, 2015, 07:25 PM
Unless SEGA is donating 100% of funds from Cosmos purchases, this is an attempt at them using the earthquake to make more profit...

oratank
Apr 28, 2015, 07:51 PM
Cosmo Atomize? lol sega should fired the one who create this marketing plan. this campaign make sega look worst. at least they should use addition item bag or scape doll than these useless cosmo

ArcaneTechs
Apr 28, 2015, 09:51 PM
200 AC scratch tickets would have been a lot better than the Cosmo Atomizers that well, I assume no one ever buys. I bought them in the Vita Beta of the game, really lackluster in every way, it's like who the hell would buy these? only to be wasted as soon as someone beats you to throwing a Moon in the air, AC down the drain

sol_trigger
Apr 29, 2015, 04:55 AM
WHAT ?

Ordy
Apr 29, 2015, 05:14 AM
You guys just blow my mind ...

HOW FUCKING CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU GET, IT'S A DONATION!

Seriously, do you expect a baby panda every time you donate to the WWF?!

People are dying in Nepal, yet pso-world complains about SEGA's marketing strategy and the things they get for a god damn $3 donation (-_-)

Maenara
Apr 29, 2015, 05:22 AM
You guys just blow my mind ...

HOW FUCKING CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU GET, IT'S A DONATION!

Seriously, do you expect a baby panda every time you donate to the WWF?!

People are dying in Nepal, yet pso-world complains about SEGA's marketing strategy and the things they get for a god damn $3 donation (-_-)

The problem with that is that, unless Sega is donating 100% of profits from that specific item to Nepal, they're using the deaths in Nepal to turn a profit on an item that never sells. In this case, it's arguably more moral to not donate at all, rather than support a company in this venue.

oratank
Apr 29, 2015, 05:28 AM
there are the way to donate with non profit organization. if you really want to donate go there
not buy useless sega stuff
like this one
http://www.supportunicef.org/site/c.dvKUI9OWInJ6H/b.9274583/k.FBFF/Help_Children_in_Nepal_Donate_for_earthquake_respo nse.htm

Xaeris
Apr 29, 2015, 05:29 AM
Pretty much. The complaint isn't regarding the item we'd get for donating, but Sega's opportunism in using a charitable cause to promote the awareness of one of their worst performing items.

wefwq
Apr 29, 2015, 05:35 AM
well, those cosmo ain't gonna sell itself

landman
Apr 29, 2015, 05:52 AM
For a moment I got the impression some people in this thread believe Nepal is near Japan... if that was the case... seriously, look at a map some time.

the_importer_
Apr 29, 2015, 05:55 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
救援金募集期間

4月28日(火)定期メンテナンス終了後~5月31日(日)23:59
※期間中の「コスモアトマイザー(3個)」の売上金額の全額を救援金として寄付いたします。
※救援金にかかる手数料等に関しては、当社が負担いたします。
※本アイテム購入に関する領収書の発行は行っておりません。
※無記名での寄付として扱わせていただきますので、寄付金控除の対象とはなりません。

Relief funds recruitment period

April 28 (Tuesday) regular maintenance after the end-May 31 (Sun) 23:59
※ we will donate the full amount of the sales amount of "Cosmo atomizer (three)" in the period as relief funds.
※ With regard to fees and the like according to relief funds, the Company will bear.
※ issuance of receipt on this item purchase is not done.
※ Since you will be treated as a donation anonymously, it does not become the subject of donation deduction.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for those of you bitching, STFU, get a crowbar, crack open your fucking wallet and get your credit card out to buy a Cosmo pack.

Poyonche
Apr 29, 2015, 06:03 AM

Wa, Waaaaaa ! What with those readings ? It is the first time we see such a strange reaction ! Everyone please use extra caution ! *read that with Melitta's voice*

Now for those of you bitching, STFU, get a crowbar, crack open your fucking wallet and get your credit card out to buy a Cosmo pack.

I have no credit card, I am too young :wacko:

Lumpen Thingy
Apr 29, 2015, 06:40 AM
I know its a shit item but its to go for a good cause and yet people on PSO-world are still bitching and moaning. Fuck do you guys bitch at Sega for making the sun too bright when you step outside?

sol_trigger
Apr 29, 2015, 06:51 AM
I know its a shit item but its to go for a good cause and yet people on PSO-world are still bitching and moaning. Fuck do you guys bitch at Sega for making the sun too bright when you step outside?

http://i.imgur.com/LO3UGZZ.gif

Maenara
Apr 29, 2015, 07:16 AM

I'm just complaining because I want to fit in. (´・ω・`)

Z-0
Apr 29, 2015, 07:25 AM
Well, it was assumed that 100% of the funds wouldn't make it to the relief fund, and that SEGA was just trying to use the situation as a way to get more money out of people.

That isn't the case though, so I'm pretty sure that everyone's previous arguments have been retracted.

I love the people who complain about people complaining. There's nothing wrong with saying negative things, you know...

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2015, 07:48 AM
Everyone can talk but, whose actually going to donate. :0

Still more cool points for doing so without sega filter if u can take their word on the 100% thing.

Either way it's only giving lolz.

No, I can't donate tho. x_X

nephie
Apr 29, 2015, 08:36 AM

don't worry the japan players also bitching about this, saying sega is half-assed on giving the freebies (should be for 300% drop or such)

asshole everywhere LOL