PDA

View Full Version : Double Sabers PA help?

luisangel2221
Apr 29, 2015, 04:15 PM
So I just changed from hunter to fighter as main class and them double sabers PA look so nice and I got like 9 from the player shop, but now I don't know which ones are the best or the worst or what to use. Or any good combos etc. These are the ones I have right now:

-Tornado Dance
-Scissor Edge
-Rumbling Moon
-Illusion Rave
-Fake Capture
-Deadly Archer
-Acro Effect
-Chaos Riser (this one was a bit more expensive so I guess it's any better?)
-Hurricane Sender

So yea just wanted to know which ones are the best to use (I could use two sets if there are like 2 good combo)

red1228
Apr 29, 2015, 04:24 PM
Chaos Riser & Hurricane Sender are you crowd control PAs (Chaos Riser is actually pretty strong with 3rd gear gauge).

Tornado Dance can be used for an "approach" PA & to build gear.
Illusion Rave *can* do good damage for dubs, but its got a lengthy animation (leaving you vulnerable).
Deadly Archer would probably be your go-to PA for boss damage (requires a little finesse to get proper reach for all hits to land).
Fake Capture is a grab. These types of PAs usually aren't recommended as enemies being "grabbed" will mess with other player's targeting.

Dycize
Apr 29, 2015, 04:37 PM
Tornado dance is a pretty solid PA with good mobility, damage's a bit on the "eh" side.
Scissor edge has vertical range! And that's pretty much its only pro, it's rather meh.
Rumbling moon is a less interesting tornado dance. It has slightly better DPS but if you want DPS there is...
Illusion rave. I like to call it Illusion rape. A solid PA for single target damage, you're a sitting duck while it's activated tho (you can always cancel it, but you'll lose out on the last hits who do a good deal of damage).
Fake capture. Technically the most PP efficient PA in the double saber arsenal (and not bad dps either), on the other hand it's a grab with very short range, so it's kinda eh.
Deadly archer is a chargeable PA, it's kinda ranged, very strong damage, might need some getting used to, it's pretty good.
Acro effect is a fast attack that launches you and comes with invincibility frames, it's a nice PA all around.
Chaos Riser is pretty much the ultimate mobbing PA. It's on the weak side when your gear gauge is empty, but if it's full, it's the single best double saber PA (now you know why it's pricey, also you have to drop it in SHAQs). Suck-in effect, knocks up mobs, large aoe and damage...
Hurricane Sender is a sort of Chaos Riser variant. It also has a suck in effect and a knock-up one. However, the PA by itself is a weak ranged attack. When you press shift, the tornado detonates with damage depending on your gear gauge (it also activates the wind around you). It's weaker than Chaos Riser in straight up damage, but imo it can be just as interesting depending.
Edit : You're also missing one pa : Deadly circle! It's a 360° aoe that is... Completely outdone by chaos riser in what it's intended to do. If you manage to hit an ennemy with all hits tho, it's the best single target damage, but doing this is kinda highly situational and won't work against most mobs in the game.

Of course, try them out and find out what suits you, it's more fun that way!

luisangel2221
Apr 29, 2015, 04:59 PM
What is the gear gauge and this 3rd gear gauge u guys are talking about? Sorry im a noob

TehCubey
Apr 29, 2015, 07:19 PM
Tornado Dance: Good for approach/fast travel, bad for damage
Scissor Edge: Useless
Rumbling Moon: Useless
Illusion Rave: Good
Fake Capture: Very good but short ranged, best used on immobilized bosses (harpooned Rodos, etc)
Deadly Archer: Pretty good. Used to be god tier years ago, I find Illusion Rave better nowadays
Acro Effect: Nice invincibility frames but ultimately useless
Chaos Riser: Awesome! Well except for bosses
Hurricane Sender: Interesting but overall Chaos Riser is still better

What is the gear gauge and this 3rd gear gauge u guys are talking about? Sorry im a noob

Do you have the Double Saber Gear skill?

DubDub
May 2, 2015, 02:48 AM
Tornado Dance: Good for approach/fast travel, bad for damage
Scissor Edge: Useless
Rumbling Moon: Useless
Illusion Rave: Good
Fake Capture: Very good but short ranged, best used on immobilized bosses (harpooned Rodos, etc)
Deadly Archer: Pretty good. Used to be god tier years ago, I find Illusion Rave better nowadays
Acro Effect: Nice invincibility frames but ultimately useless
Chaos Riser: Awesome! Well except for bosses
Hurricane Sender: Interesting but overall Chaos Riser is still better

Do you have the Double Saber Gear skill?

Pretty much this IMO

elryan
May 2, 2015, 02:58 AM
My personal 6 palette configuration for DS:

Deadly Archer - Ranged DPS
Illusion Rave - PP efficient DPS
Tornado Dance - Mobile DPS
Scissor Edge - Non-moving + non-rising vertical + knock down
Hurricane Sender - Frontal AoE
Chaos Riser - Surround AoE

hoangsea
May 2, 2015, 07:04 AM
-Tornado Dance: only PA that make you can move a decent distance in a 3 PA combo (i often put it the 2nd slot).
unity PA, low damage

-Scissor Edge: only quick PA that keep your height against non-moving target such as luther 's freezing sword (just do scissor -> rave -> scissor it will destroy one sword easily unless you are too weak).
unity PA, low damage

-Rumbling Moon: this PA is only good when you group mobs by chaos riser, dmg is low but the animation is quick.
unity PA, low damage

-Illusion Rave: this PA is very good and it's cancel able.
main dps PA, high damage

-Fake Capture: a throw one, it's range is short
throw PA, high damage but hard to use

-Deadly Archer: mid range dps, only good at faint, non-moving target. Rave is much better nowadays
mid range PA, high damage

-Acro Effect: this PA is only use full at blocking frontal damage. If you think you can't dodge ? just use it especially letal oneshot- atks.
block frontal atk, decent damage but long animation

-Chaos Riser: main tool to group mobs to follow up combo
low to high damage base on your gear lv

-Hurricane Sender: better use chaos riser

CoWorker
May 3, 2015, 08:59 AM
Acro Effect has its uses, despite low damage this PA can fill DS gear quickly then u hit multiple mobs with it then chain it with Chaos Riser and u have yourself a great mobbing combo, and its really handy as a dodge tool cuz u can dodge Anga's nuke with it

what i do is [Step Attack (for quick PP regen and gear build -> JA Acro Effect (fast gear build) -> JA Chaos Riser] so that Tech JA Arts kicks in and then your a human blender in ULT Lilipa, still Gilnas and Dingells dont die easily but other mobs there die quickly, and is somewhat spammable