PDA

View Full Version : Has affixing changed much since SH came out?

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 30, 2015, 04:25 PM
That was the last time I affixed something. It was the new SH units that acme out a long time ago 4 slot.

It's been a very long time since I affixed something since everything is so cheap.

However we just got a boost in affixing and I just got a magatsu unit set so I would like to 5 slot them.

Is the process still the same add 5 junk slots>>then buy a 5 slot soul so like Vol Soul/junk/junk/junk/junk x2 then you have a 50%/100%/100%/100%/100% chance of getting the vol soul on your unit.

Then you could just make or buy the fodder so that you get a full 100% chance on all the affixes with a 20% affixing booster?

I know things have changed a bit so I want to make sure :)

Flaoc
Apr 30, 2015, 04:40 PM
you can use 5 fodders.. 4s can be 100% rather easily even without boost and 5x is also easy with 10% grind/affix week but if u felt brave theres also chancing the 5 90's

overall its much much easier now

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 30, 2015, 04:41 PM
But is the process still the same? Sorry you didn't really explain that? ^^;

Do I still have to make my magatsu units 5 slot with junk? Like 2 years ago?

nathanielzor
Apr 30, 2015, 04:43 PM
Upslotting is the same yes.

The 5 fodder system makes it a lot easier to get high affixes now though.

Sizustar
Apr 30, 2015, 06:15 PM
The max success rate is still the same.
So even if you have 5 X-soul, the success rate would still be the same as if you have 3 X-soul
But Soul receptor can make it 100%

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 30, 2015, 07:31 PM
"The 5 fodder system makes it a lot easier to get high affixes now though."

Can you go into more detail about this please? You don't have to write a paragraph but just the jist of it.

also thanks for the replies I just dont want to spend more than I have to :)

Chdata
Apr 30, 2015, 07:51 PM
Instead of combining 2 fodder, you can use 5 at the same time now.

You can't get higher success rate than what you normally would with only 2 - it just chooses the highest one.

Either way that makes things a lot easier.

Of course, I'm only repeating what's already been said.

nathanielzor
Apr 30, 2015, 08:05 PM
"The 5 fodder system makes it a lot easier to get high affixes now though."

Can you go into more detail about this please? You don't have to write a paragraph but just the jist of it.

also thanks for the replies I just dont want to spend more than I have to :)
Basically, before you had to squeeze everything into your main weapon/unit and then three fodders. Which made it very limited to what you can do. Chances aren't increased or anything now, but it is now CHEAPER to do things that were previously simply too expensive to be viable, simply because you need less of them.

For example, in order to get Modulator and Flict affixes on items you need 3 of them for an 80%, you also need three souls to get an 80% for that. So in the old 3 fodder way, you would literally have to have three fodders with the following:
+Fodder 1: ElderSoul/Modulator/FlictMagia/JunkA
+Fodder 2: ElderSoul/Modulator/FlictMagia/JunkA
+Fodder 3: Modulator/FlictMagia/JunkA/JunkB
+Main: ElderSoul/TechniqueIII/JunkA/JunkB
=Final Product: ElderSoul/TechniqueIII/Modulator/TechniqueIII (110 Attack)
And in order to make those fodders you would need like 21x 4s Elder Souls, 9x 4s Modulators, and 21x 4s Flict Magia, because you would need to make Elder/FlictMagia units, and then combine those with Modulators to get the Elder/Modulator/Flict fodders.

With the addition of two extra fodders, you can now space things up easier and make it MUCH MUCH MUCH more cheaper for something even better. You would only need 9x Modulators, 9x Flict Magias, 1 Elder Soul, and an Ult soul of our choice to make an even better unit now.
+Fodder 1: Modulator/FlictMagia/JunkA/JunkB
+Fodder 2: Modulator/FlictMagia/JunkA/JunkB
+Fodder 3. Modulator/FlictMagia/JunkA/JunkB
+Fodder 4: SoulReceptor/JunkA/JunkB/JunkC
+Fodder 5: ElderSoul/TechniqueIII/JunkA/JunkB
+Main: UltSoul/TechniqueIII/JunkA/JunkB
=Final: UltSoul/TechniqueIII/Modulator/FlictMagia (115 ATK)

So compared buying 9 of something to 21 of something, it's just a lot nicer and cheaper.

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 30, 2015, 08:36 PM
ahh now I understand you can actually use 5 fodders instead of like Main/Fodder/fodder with everything cramped into em.

So now with the extra 2 fodders it's much more flexible. Thank you :D

Anduril
Apr 30, 2015, 08:40 PM
ahh now I understand you can actually use 5 fodders instead of like Main/Fodder/fodder with everything cramped into em.

So now with the extra 2 fodders it's much more flexible. Thank you :D
But mind, the cost goes up significantly when using those 2 extra fodder. (That is if you aren't rolling in meseta)

Squal_FFVIII
Apr 30, 2015, 08:46 PM
You mean like from dudu himself? lol how much does he charge?

NotRankin
Apr 30, 2015, 10:54 PM
Using all 5 fodders is an extra 1mil. Ish. 3 Fodders is around 300k?

Selphea
Apr 30, 2015, 11:07 PM
Affixing cost depends on the set. With Hiei, 5 fodders only nets you a 40k Dudu Fee. The way I see it, it means you gotta balance the material cost to Dudu Fee ratio. Put cheap affixes on a cheap set. If you're going to pay through the nose with a 939k Dudu Fee, might as well go all out and put Flict/Alter, Modulator or even both on the set.

Squal_FFVIII
May 1, 2015, 01:07 AM
I'm planning on making something more traditional unless that's obsolete.

I prefer a more balanced approach than just power only. For example my FO/TE uses Elder Soul, TECH3, Spirita 3, Ability 3, Tech Boost units and weapons. So mainly power and pp which is what I mean by balance no HP cuz fo doesn't need HP.

My HU/FI is basically the same but instead of PP I go with HP. Since IMO and my experience in playing HU since the old days HP is important for hu since they get hit from time to time. Mainly during Over Ends. Its best to be able to tank their blows and be able to land my OE. PP isn't as important to HU as it is to FO. But of course this has been debated to hell and back and it always ends in flame wars.

I'm planning on making the magatsu set for my HU/FI. So an example i had in mind was Vol Soul/Pow3/stamina3/ability3/Power Boost.

What would be the best way to go about this with the new affixing changes? I don't mind the dudu fees aslong as it's easier than the old frustrating way lol ^^