PDA

View Full Version : Weird scary problem.

Squal_FFVIII
May 1, 2015, 06:20 AM
So after joining a PT and getting ready for the TD3 just now when I went inside the quest portal i was stuck in an infinite loading loop. At first I said "OK it's probably just some network lag..." so I left it alone for 10 minutes but the infinite loading loop continued.

The only way to close this infinite loop was to alt tab and hover over the x on pso2 to forcefully close the game. When I did that the game went back into full screen and in the loading screen I got a message asking if I wanted to "log out" so I said yes thinking it would log me out normally. However it did not all of my online programs were broken like steam, my weather app, google chrome, I even tried launching Internet Explorer 11 and nothing. They wouldn't open at all.

At this point I get scared and I go to restart my pc and when I restarted I was also stuck in a "restarting" loading screen >.<

At this point the only thing I could do was either unplug the PC from the power cable or hit the reset button on my pc case. Luckily that did the trick. This is the first time i've ever had to use the reset button on my pc case my pc has never "froze" like this before.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Totori
May 1, 2015, 07:15 AM
Eh, could be gameguard acting like a jerk. I didn't have the same issues, but a few of my drivers were failing, due to Gameguard freaking out. You might want to try and fix it with tweaker if possible.

wefwq
May 1, 2015, 09:33 AM
Recently, i got a problem where i can't launch any program (except windows explorer), it happened randomly i can't even use windows start menu.
When i tried to shutdown and restart, it just sit there forever so i'm forced to do hard restart.

For you OP, when windows takes forever to shutdown, it's caused by GameGuard.
When GG didn't clossed properly/terminated by user it'll cause windows takes extra time to shutdown (yes, it didn't take forever but rather extremly long time to do so).

final_attack
May 1, 2015, 09:47 AM
GameGuard problem most likely ....

can't launch program after PSO2 closed? Try "Run as Administrator" on every single programs every time it happens, or simply restart your PC.

Squal_FFVIII
May 1, 2015, 10:31 AM
Hmm, now that you guys mentioned it when I noticed that google chrome wouldn't open I launched the task manager and I noticed that "Nprotect" was still running but then it vanish before I could click on it and close it.

Thanks for the input. Knowing what caused it makes it less scary this is a pc I built in feb of this year so its pretty new it's my baby and I take good care of it lolz.

Gameguard almost sounds like a virus.

Also I was really looking forward to all that EXP specially with the boost :( I had even joined a random JP PT in B15 I was ready to get my extra class ex cubes.

wefwq
May 1, 2015, 10:36 AM
Well, the way how it work making it the worst thing to ever exist though.
It will purposely crash the game for you if it's detect the stuff it didn't like, even the harmless one.

Cyber Meteor
May 1, 2015, 10:41 AM
Gameguard almost sounds like a virus.

GG is a virus ;-). It is in fact a rookit that's supposed to be an anti-rootkit software:lol:

See this if you wanna have some basic infos about GG, there is also a mention of you're problem inside, it says basically you're forced to close the game if it happens : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NProtect_GameGuard

silo1991
May 1, 2015, 10:43 AM
well i have a weird problem to i got DC in anyquest i go D: , its not my internet for sure because i can play other games without problems

red1228
May 1, 2015, 10:47 AM
GameGuard is basically a root-toolkit that hasn't done its job proper in over a decade (can't stop GameShark or Action Replay in consoles, but is more than capable of suspecting the game itself & locks everything down in an infinite loop). I don't even know why developers are still using this piece of shit, other than the possibility of INCA Internet Co., Ltd. paying people to use their product.

wefwq's signature is an understatement.

Squal_FFVIII
May 1, 2015, 11:46 AM
I always found it weird that sega has been using this software for ages now ever since pso blue burst. Yet they always get hacked.