PDA

View Full Version : Skipped to Episode 3

UkTails
May 1, 2015, 09:30 AM
Hi guys,

As someone who played the death out of Phantasy Star Online on my Dreamcast, I was adamant not to play PSO2 until there was a western release so I would get the full experience...

But I got impatient. A friend told me the patches had got pretty good so I downloaded it and started playing.

I got through the prologue, then got told to go to the shopping center. There were a couple of pop ups in Japanese with a menu... all in Japanese. I clicked randomly and I believe I've skipped to Episode 3! It was followed by a cutscene with Matoi and Xiao.

I worked out how to swtich to the Episode 1 matter board and found the Episode 1 cutscene with Xion giving you the first Matter Board on Youtube... but will this mess with my game in anyway? And will I be able to rewatch the episode 3 cutscene when I'm ready?

Sorry for the long post... TL;DR: I skipped to Ep 3 and wonder if it'll mess the story for me.

Nyansan
May 1, 2015, 09:34 AM
You can rewatch all the cutscenes at your room.

wefwq
May 1, 2015, 09:37 AM
You can switch betwen available matterboards/episode anytime you want without losing any progress you made.
So that, you can play a bit of EP1 and then swap to EP3 later on, and swap it back to EP1, etc.

Additionally, you can rewatch all cutscene from your room.

UkTails
May 1, 2015, 09:40 AM
Simple as that!

You guys are alright :')

I was hunting through menus last night, and trawling google this morning.

How come you can switch between matter board Ep 1 and Ep 3... where's Ep 2?

Nyansan
May 1, 2015, 09:43 AM
Simple as that!

You guys are alright :')

I was hunting through menus last night, and trawling google this morning.

How come you can switch between matter board Ep 1 and Ep 3... where's Ep 2?

You need to finish Ep1 matterboards first before Ep2 unlocks, since their story is closely tied.

UkTails
May 1, 2015, 09:54 AM
That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Enjoying PSO2 so far. You can jump... so groundbreaking!

silo1991
May 1, 2015, 10:46 AM
you should do the matterboards , those things have interesting and unique items on it , if you are a hunter , maybe you are gonna like this lance http://gyazo.com/0b117a4f376ede485fd26509a6dc95de

its the best example of unique items