PDA

View Full Version : Bouncer jet boost build ?

Ledo2013
May 2, 2015, 02:58 AM
A friend just started to play. He uses Bouncer and he liked jet boots better.
Since i have no idea of the Bouncer class what doe a good skill tree look like in the end, and what are the basic combos to use?
Any other tip?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Poyonche
May 2, 2015, 04:05 AM
FI/BO T-atk Jetboots build : http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?10AnbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIbl2fbxINGAqnIdJkrNI20000006doInI2bnfeAfJksF Jbln00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000007oIn000000 00IbIo0000000jdobokfkqAI2bsdnrFfJkIb00000j

Though I'm not sure about the Fighter tree, it is what you should do for the Bouncer tree (Elemental Burst, Technique Up 1 and J Reversal PP thing are here just because there was SP to use)

BO/HU S-Atk jetboots build : http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?102IbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIbl2fbxINGAqnIdJkrNI20000006doInI2bnfeAfJksF Jbln00000fdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000007oIn000000 00IbIo0000000jdoIbkIJfnI2bsdnrAfGKqo00000j

Again, not sure with the HU Side, but pretty sure that you should do that on the BO side, idk what to do with the leftovers SP though.

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 07:26 PM
Bouncer/Fighter: My personal recommendation if your friend wants to be T-ATK focused.
BO/FI T-ATK Jet Boots is also very viable now. Here's the one I use: http://tinyurl.com/o33tyjv

Personally, I almost never put points into static stat increases unless absolutely necessary to unlock other skills. Even an extra 10% Power is far greater than 100 T-ATK at later levels. "Power," as its own separate stat that isn't seen, also goes for every single form of attack unless it is specifically boosting stats given a certain type of condition in combat. I'm also not a fan of "Elemental Burst." While it has its uses, it is more efficient to me in the present game (regardless of build) to use Moment Gale's shift action, which casts a Zanverse in the area as well, or use Vinto Gigue and wait until it "bursts" instead of using its shift move. The problem with Elemental Burst is that it only works when you are just doing a regular shift move (not one involved with a PA).

Right now, I can pull off 90,000+ damage on a boss that is at my level (Lv. 45) with Vinto Gigue's shift action if I hit their sweet spot and crit on top of that (which happens frequently now). Elemental Burst is essentially like a PA, but worse. Instead of the Power of a PA, it just doubles your current attack power. As said before, some people like it, I certainly don't. If you do 500, it'll do 1000 in the area. That's not very helpful when Moment Gale tends to do far more than 4x the amount of a Just Attack and doesn't waste your Gear Gauge either. Another issue is that Gear Boost and Jet Boots Escape (two new class skills for Bouncer) can only be used if BO is your main class. Gear Boost is massively helpful in pulling off far more DPS in less time than a FI/BO would otherwise (FI/BO relies more on Proc Rates for Crits, which can be unreliable), provided your friend is attacking enemies using their elemental weaknesses. Gear Boost works under the effect of Shifta or Deband, so Adrenaline in the FI tree is massively helpful. You get ~3 bars on your Gear Gauge by charging one tech with it (regardless of what tech it is). When I run out of either of those status buffs from Shifta and Deband, I use Gran Wave's shift action in the heat of combat to cast another Deband and keep the boost effect going. It takes more multi-tasking to get right, but if your friend can handle it, you can pull off some insane DPS pretty quick, especially on bosses with Vinto.

Putting points into S-ATK or T-ATK Boosts in a BO/FI build or FI/BO also makes no sense if not necessary for other skills when you can already get substitutions to those like PP Slayer, which increases your S-ATK, R-ATK, and T-ATK by +200 when your PP is below 50.

For Jet Boots, the boosts you get using them are very conditional, so you have to know when to use certain abilities and make use of them well to pull off higher DPS. Chase Advance, for instance, is a huge help with a T-ATK build on Jet Boots as you should always be aiming to inflict status effects on enemies by using techs they're weak against. Deadline Slayer also doesn't make sense to me outside of unlocking PP Slayer for anything Bouncer-related because you don't have something like Iron Will to keep you going where you would with a HU/FI or FI/HU instead...and in that case, why not pick HU as your main or sub by that point? xD

Point is, a T-ATK focused build for a Bouncer (which is usually one focused on Jet Boots) is better suited for both an active role in combat and support. S-ATK is still a great build for Jet Boots, but you'd find less use of them compared to other weapons at that point. If you go BO/HU, there is little reason to invest in Jet Boots over Swords, Wired Lances, Partisans, and Dual Blades, honestly. If you do, getting Switch Strike is a recommendation for that build, but not for one that is focused on techniques. But I will call it the 'easier' of the three builds mentioned thus far to pick up (quotes around 'easier' because Photon Blade Fever is a bit too easy to spam and exploit).

It's your friend's decision whatever he chooses to be at the end. I'd say let him decide what he wants to do with his build that helps him have fun at the end.

Ledo2013
May 3, 2015, 04:15 AM
Thx all !