PDA

View Full Version : Sega should really implant a block kicker

Lostbob117
May 2, 2015, 11:22 AM
Kicks people who are afk for 10mins(a msg appears giving 5mins before kick), like C-Mode blocks, from the block and move them to block 1.

Only happens when the lobby gets full. Not counting Prem

It is disgusting how many people afk in a full block when there are a lot of other people wanting to enter that block to do ult quests. Literally ruining the game by afk'ing there.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 2, 2015, 11:32 AM
Those people help sell premium in a small way, so I really wouldn't count on it.

isCasted
May 2, 2015, 11:38 AM
Block/party space keeper for people who disconnected or crashed would be more important. My connection kicks me out of higher blocks automatically if I decide to go AFK.

Chris_Chocobo
May 2, 2015, 11:53 AM
I think the game kicks you with the 630 error when a block is full to provide space to premium players. At least only happens to me when im seeing a long cutscene or being AFK 2 minutes in full blocks

wefwq
May 2, 2015, 12:40 PM
I think the game kicks you with the 630 error when a block is full to provide space to premium players. At least only happens to me when im seeing a long cutscene or being AFK 2 minutes in full blocks
Are you on broadband?
It also happened to me when using tethered connection from my phone, however this can be bypassed using command prompt.

kuromechan
May 2, 2015, 01:04 PM
what you want something similar to Challenge blocks when you go afk?

AlphaBlob
May 2, 2015, 01:10 PM
There's like 15 XH blocks, if everyone think: "Oh I want to go on this block because it's filled." then no one will fill up those other blocks. Just start a ult on other blocks and people will join.

Aine
May 2, 2015, 01:13 PM
spoilers: cm ship is their test server

Zorua
May 2, 2015, 01:40 PM
They do this and Block 1 becomes the new UQ block

NotRankin
May 2, 2015, 01:42 PM
But how will I leave my character logged in overnight in B15?

ArcaneTechs
May 2, 2015, 02:39 PM
It is disgusting how many people afk in a full block when there are a lot of other people wanting to enter that block to do ult quests. Literally ruining the game by afk'ing there.
Literally Anga Block farming all the dam time until Lilipa UQ came out, it's disgusting. I definitely wouldn't mind them adding that afk kicker from CM to this. Let the people who want to play in and kick the ones who have been afk for an hour or the ones who have been afk for days

Xaelouse
May 2, 2015, 03:27 PM
Make afkers get kicked into their room or team room (toggle it in options), at least

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 05:50 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa...think some people are just taking this too far. ^^;

I mean, I could see it being ridiculous for some people, but disgusting? There are a very good portion of people (myself included in that mix) that just go afk for a few minutes to handle something they need to do, and it would bloody suck to be kicked out of the game everytime I accidentally go afk in my room, a lobby, or a campship just because I have other things to do than sit down and never take a break from this game. Especially for those of us who use an OTP, it would be annoying for us to even play the game anymore. It would mean us logging out each time we wanted to go eat some lunch, then go through that whole process to log on again.

The solution isn't going to be made by turning a cold shoulder to players like myself or in a similar position with an OTP they have to use every time they log on. Also, just join other XH/UQ blocks if you're so peeved you can't get in the first one. There's a reason multiple blocks exist for every difficulty mode after Normal. Getting rid of players by forcing an auto-disconnect on them for those that just so happen to go afk for a few minutes isn't by any means ethical in practice for either players or SEGA's pockets.

Essentially, all it would do is cause players to have less reasons to invest in lobby actions (as that is what they are used for a LOT of the time while you go afk), less reasons to want to hang out and socialize with others in the lobby, less reasons to buy Premium, and less reasons to play the game. You just don't d/c people who go afk anymore in most online RPGs or MMOs. The reason? Because servers (Ships, in this case) don't usually get full to that tipping point any longer.

So, until someone can explain to me how implementing a change like this would not divide players more and give us less reasons to stay invested for a long period time during a day in-game, I'll be happy with the current system SEGA has implemented, thank you very much.

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 05:52 PM
If they do add a kick timer people will just get around it with something like joytokey or macros to start running around in circles or ect.

Running around in circles does not prevent you from getting kicked in Shared Ship blocks. It is the time it takes you to actually get in a quest teleporter and start a quest.

NotRankin
May 2, 2015, 05:57 PM
Kick the free players. Premium gets to stay no penalty.

*thumbs up*

kuromechan
May 2, 2015, 06:09 PM
I rather have something that boots people every 20 mins without input (auto run doesn't count as input like in Challenge)

the_importer_
May 2, 2015, 06:24 PM

*thumbs up*

This!!!!!!!!!!!

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 06:29 PM

*thumbs up*

I rather have something that boots people every 20 mins without input (auto run doesn't count as input like in Challenge)

(The Shared Ship doesn't work that way in terms of auto-d/c as mentioned in my above post, but I get your point regardless.)

Other than that, I think both are great alternatives. Even better when placed together:

Free Members choose between:
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour

Free Members w/ OTP choose between:
- 30 minutes
- 1 hour
- 2 hours

Premium Members:
- No penalty

THAT is a much better system to me. It gives players more reasons to get an OTP, too.

TaigaUC
May 2, 2015, 07:12 PM
The entire block system sucks, and they aren't going to change it because they make money from it.
Modern game design in a nutshell, basically. Or anything nowadays. Create a problem and sell the solution.

Lostbob117
May 2, 2015, 07:31 PM
Let me ask you all this: Why should prem players get no penalty?

NotRankin
May 2, 2015, 07:33 PM
Let me ask you all this: Why should prem players get no penalty?

Really? Is it not obvious?

Lostbob117
May 2, 2015, 07:38 PM
Really? Is it not obvious?

It was a general question. I already predict what most will say though.

Dephinix
May 2, 2015, 07:39 PM
I like it, it keeps a lot of "not so good" players that afk dance out of my MPAs. I rarely hit the first block of any difficulty for this reason. You add that rule, I doubt the separation would still be there.

NotRankin
May 2, 2015, 07:40 PM
It was a general question. I already predict what most will say though.

Business answer? More incentive to purchase premium. Plus, if I pay $10-15 a month for premium, I prefer to not get kicked. Why should premium members suffer for free players? It's all about convenience. It was honestly a joke at first, didn't think people would actually like it.

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 07:49 PM
Business answer? More incentive to purchase premium. Plus, if I pay $10-15 a month for premium, I prefer to not get kicked. Why should premium members suffer for free players? It's all about convenience. It was honestly a joke at first, didn't think people would actually like it.

I took it as a joke at first, too. But it really does make sense in the long run.

ArcaneTechs
May 2, 2015, 07:54 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa...think some people are just taking this too far. ^^;

I mean, I could see it being ridiculous for some people, but disgusting? There are a very good portion of people (myself included in that mix) that just go afk for a few minutes to handle something they need to do, and it would bloody suck to be kicked out of the game everytime I accidentally go afk in my room, a lobby, or a campship just because I have other things to do than sit down and never take a break from this game.
I said this because out of all the experience of going into the past Ult UQ block for Anga, I would see a LOT of the same people just afk'ing by Visiphone or LA afk in the same exact spot, they haven't moved at all like afk'ing next to that boost road Cast, I would see the same person using the same dance in one spot for days or a week straight.

If your someone who needs to afk for a few minutes to handle something (a few minutes doesnt mean 30mins-1hour) then that's totally different and understandable, yes that could get annoying to have to re-login over and over. It's for the more true masters of afk who don't need to be there taking up a spot for someone who wants in the block to actually play.

Really, when your capped and geared, what does Prem even bring to the table from aside from:
-Prem Space (really the only desirable thing)
-Prem Drink
-Your geared, I really don't think you need the passes, even then, your probably farming for 13*'s anyways, good for the lower players I suppose

I honestly can't think of anything that Prem would be WAY more beneficial than getting into Prem space if your already geared and capped (Yes room and shop but aside that too, you can get 3 day passes via FUN via Ex Cube/1k Tickets via Magatsu cube drops etc, double FUN and stamps if you even care about that)

But it's not just meant to help the Freemium players, it clears up the Prem space too

Hysteria1987
May 2, 2015, 08:03 PM
I'd quite like to see anyone who's AFK for, say, 1 hour, get moved to their room or to their team room. That way the block population would be more of an accurate reflection of who's actually playing, rather than who's just sitting there. I tend to avoid the upper XH blocks and go for lower ones now, solely because while the upper ones are popular (due to already being full), there are so many AFKers on when I'm around that there's not actually much going on.

That said, though, like many above me have said, I can't see it happening. That and if it did, the game might actually get *less* popular, solely because it looks less busy.

LordKaiser
May 2, 2015, 08:11 PM
I have a problem with this because sometimes before a schedule quest i pick the block and do other things before it starts including biological needs. Unles this only applyv to ultimate quest blocks.

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 08:14 PM
I said this because out of all the experience of going into the past Ult UQ block for Anga, I would see a LOT of the same people just afk'ing by Visiphone or LA afk in the same exact spot, they haven't moved at all like afk'ing next to that boost road Cast, I would see the same person using the same dance in one spot for days or a week straight.

If your someone who needs to afk for a few minutes to handle something (a few minutes doesnt mean 30mins-1hour) then that's totally different and understandable, yes that could get annoying to have to re-login over and over. It's for the more true masters of afk who don't need to be there taking up a spot for someone who wants in the block to actually play.

How is it understandable if it is annoying to continually be forced to re-login when I have to go afk to handle something that could take upwards to an hour? I'm sorry if your life isn't busy that you can stay active in-game like that, but not everyone has that luxury. My being in the block is certainly not causing any issue with actual 'ship' overload that I've seen. I'm not causing any issue with "sever/ship overload" as some people like to think it is causing, too.

My point still stands in the end because it's one that has a purpose and other people share at the end of the day. More so than that, it's an opinion. I was just saying that calling players or the act of what they do by going afk "disgusting" is being quick to judge people.

My point is, if you want to leave your game running while you go do something else for an hour or two, it should totally be plausible. It's why I still prefer this game's method for holding players in Blocks as that is the point to having Blocks to begin with. There are times where I've had to do one thing, and then another issue pops-up and, before I realized it, two hours have already passed. Shit happens in real life that needs to be seen to over playing the game, and we shoudn't be penalized for it if there's no reason for it. I shouldn't be forced to logout of the game because people complain about getting into crowded blocks that were already crowded to begin with and took a long time and a lot of patience to get into from my end.

I don't know about you, but if I were playing this game 'solely' for doing EQs and UQs as some people do now in end-game, then I would do just that: I'd go afk (watch a movie or binge on anime, talk with others in a separate window in Skype, etc.) in one of those specific blocks for a period of time until I'm done with the game for the day and log-off or just want to play another game. I would do EQs when they start up, and UQs when I feel like it as well on the same block. Doing so just makes sense.

If I recall correctly, there are 8 XH/UQ blocks for the Ship. There are always blocks open. People just don't want to be bothered to join the ones that have a little bit of open space aside from the first couple of blocks because they tend to think that automatically makes those lower XH blocks worse. So, no. In that case, you don't have a problem with afkers, you have a problem with the implementation of Blocks. The auto-disconnect for the Shared Ship is to prevent server overload. There has never been a need for that outside of the shared ship.

Lostbob117
May 2, 2015, 08:18 PM
How is it understandable if it is annoying to continually be forced to re-login when I have to go afk to handle something that could take upwards to an hour? I'm sorry if your life isn't busy that you can stay active in-game like that, but not everyone has that luxury. My being in the block is certainly not causing any issue with actual 'ship' overload that I've seen. I'm not causing any issue with "sever/ship overload" as some people like to think it is causing, too.

My point still stands in the end because it's one that has a purpose and other people share at the end of the day. More so than that, it's an opinion. I was just saying that calling players or the act of what they do by going afk "disgusting" is being quick to judge people.

My point is, if you want to leave your game running while you go do something else for an hour or two, it should totally be plausible. It's why I still prefer this game's method for holding players in Blocks as that is the point to having Blocks to begin with. There are times where I've had to do one thing, and then another issue pops-up and, before I realized it, two hours have already passed. Shit happens in real life that needs to be seen to over playing the game, and we shoudn't be penalized for it if there's no reason for it. I shouldn't be forced to logout of the game because people complain about getting into crowded blocks that were already crowded to begin with and took a long time and a lot of patience to get into from my end.

I don't know about you, but if I were playing this game 'solely' for doing EQs and UQs as some people do now in end-game, then I would do just that: I'd go afk in one of those specific blocks for a period of time until I'm done with the game for the day and log-off or just want to play another game.

If I recall correctly, there are 8 XH/UQ blocks for the Ship. There are always blocks open. People just don't want to be bothered to join the ones that have a little bit of open space aside from the first couple of blocks because they tend to think that automatically makes those lower XH blocks worse. So, no. In that case, you don't have a problem with afkers, you have a problem with the implementation of Blocks. The auto-disconnect for the Shared Ship is to prevent server overload. There has never been a need for that outside of the shared ship.

You won't be logged off, just moved. Did you not read that part?

Miles064
May 2, 2015, 08:21 PM
And what about the times when someone cant get into any good blocks and cant do the eq? All those people afking are not helping. I have had it were I could even do an ult quest because we had like 4 people but the other blocks were all full. If your going to be gone for 2 hours and you know it, I see no reason why you need to stay logged in.

Lostbob117
May 2, 2015, 08:21 PM

You wouldn't get kicked if you don't afk. Also, why should free players who want to play atm suffer because you paid money for the game and aren't even wanting to play atm? A player is a player. Prem is for a lot of features like getting prem space and such. It won't stop the penalty.

Also, prem players are more than likely half of the offenders of afking in a block for 30mins or more.

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 08:29 PM
You won't be logged off, just moved. Did you not read that part?

You can't implement coding like that in this game. The server would go haywire with doing this to people in the middle of quests, too, forcing them out of their quest into another block, back in the lobby again. Even if you send a warning to players, it'd still do it after that prompt comes to the end of its time limit.

I want to believe there's a major design issue with this game that prevents this from being implemented. Once again, not a good idea if you're in the middle of a quest: I can guarantee you it will fuck things up, knowing SEGA, by placing too much demand on the server. It's difficult to designate a timer for when somebody is actually afk, too. That's why SEGA implemented the timer system to work solely based on how long it takes you to accept a quest, move to the teleporter, and start a CQ in the Shared Ship. As said before, if you thought it was server load was bad with the lagging before, just wait until that happens.

Make sense now? Trust me, the developers have tested this. And that's just one of the main reasons it was never implemented. That's what PSO1 used: an auto-disconnect feature. It worked for that game, it didn't here. This is the same reason why you can't leave a quest and go directly to your Room, Team Room, or the Shared Ship.

"But what if SEGA just did it to people in the lobby?"

Then people would take a quest like "Subdue Za Oodan" and afk in the Campship instead.

Sinon
May 2, 2015, 09:06 PM
Client-side autokick. solved.

(?

wefwq
May 2, 2015, 09:13 PM
why is you guys supporting them to implement such a dirty cashgrab method, holy shit.
I'd rather have them implement feature like giving a boost when player doing consecutive productive stuff and giving penalty when they continously abandoning a quest, thus will encourage them play the game and doing it "correctly" according to SGNM book.

hoangsea
May 2, 2015, 09:24 PM
anyone know about prem/non prem joining mechanic ?

if a block is not full prem players still join to free players slot ?
when that block is full does prem players (on free slot if it does) auto adding to prem slots ?

also
if free player move to an full block to another, does prem player will auto fill that free player slot ?

i'm so confuse about this

Miles064
May 2, 2015, 09:26 PM

when that block is full does prem players (on free slot if it does) auto adding to prem slots ?

also
if free player move to an full block to another, does prem player will auto fill that free player slot ?

I would assume its first come first serve with the prem players getting extra room.

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 09:28 PM
why is you guys supporting them to implement such a dirty cashgrab method, holy shit.
I'd rather have them implement feature like giving a boost when player doing consecutive productive stuff and giving penalty when they continously abandoning a quest, thus will encourage them play the game and doing it "correctly" according to SGNM book.

The boost you described is already there: Daily Orders/Featured Quest boosts: A continuously running Triboost +30% to active players.

I'd say people get enough of a boost from logging in each day and doing things like Daily Crafts, Daily Orders, Featured Quests, Client Orders, Emergency Quests, etc. The Boost Events are great additions on top of that.

Not sure how I feel about SEGA penalizing players continuously abandoning quests. Where does this happen for you? I think you just need to be more specific. If this is happening 'during' a UQ/EQ, etc., then I could understand. Other than that, I know that many people do so. Many 'normal' players do that (even I do now with normal quests like Explorations). A lot of the time, players speed-run their COs/DOs/TOs, abandon the quest the second they're finished, take up another quest, repeat, and do that for all the characters on their account. I've seen this numerous times. How would that be fair to be penalized for playing the game efficiently?

wefwq
May 2, 2015, 09:37 PM
The boost you described is already there: Daily Orders/Featured Quest boosts: A continuously running Triboost +30% to active players.

I'd say people get enough of a boost from logging in each day and doing things like Daily Crafts, Daily Orders, Featured Quests, Client Orders, Emergency Quests, etc. The Boost Events are great additions on top of that.

Not sure how I feel about SEGA penalizing players continuously abandoning quests. Where does this happen for you? I think you just need to be more specific. If this is happening 'during' a UQ/EQ, etc., then I could understand. Other than that, I know that many people do so. Many 'normal' players do that (even I do now with normal quests like Explorations). A lot of the time, players speed-run their COs/DOs/TOs, abandon the quest the second they're finished, take up another quest, repeat, and do that for all the characters on their account. I've seen this numerous times. How would that be fair to be penalized for playing the game efficiently?
By i mean with "consecutive productive stuff" it mean simply players have to clear some quest or killing a certain amount of enemies, and if they stopping doing so/or starting to afk the boosted effect will be reset.
You can say it's kinda like PSE effect but can carried over to lobby until the set amount of time so DO triboost are disregarded.
I'm adding the penalty to abandoning quest just because otherwise it'll encourage anga farming again, which is obvious that sega tried to make player not to do such a things anymore.
For free exploration... it's not like people still expect any good stuff still drop from there, and when implementing stuff it's the best to not stop halfway.

Korazenn
May 2, 2015, 09:44 PM
By i mean with "consecutive productive stuff" it mean simply players have to clear some quest or killing a certain amount of enemies, and if they stopping doing so/or starting to afk the boosted effect will be reset.
You can say it's kinda like PSE effect but can carried over to lobby until the set amount of time so DO triboost are disregarded.
I'm adding the penalty to abandoning quest just because otherwise it'll encourage anga farming again, which is obvious that sega tried to make player not to do such a things anymore.
For free exploration... it's not like people still expect any good stuff still drop from there, and when implementing stuff it's the best to not stop halfway.

I'm still not sure how I feel about that penalization part, but I agree with the "consective productive stuff" boost. That seems very nice. :D Adds in more ways to reward players to be active than penalize them, honestly. That's the way I think it should really be handled in this situation.

wefwq
May 2, 2015, 10:30 PM

also

Imagine there's water bottle, 2/3 being freemium/premium space, while the last 1/3 are premium only.
Being filled with both free/premium, both will take the same space.
Until it reach 2/3 limit, the block status will automatically being "premium" entry only.
When player left the block, the said block will only decrease premium space rather than free/premium space portion.

I'm still not sure how I feel about that penalization part, but I agree with the "consective productive stuff" boost. That seems very nice. :D Adds in more ways to reward players to be active than penalize them, honestly. That's the way I think it should really be handled in this situation.
By i mean, penaltizing player for abandoning i mean just decrease the amount of bonus being applied, rather than completelly cancel the effect just when the bonus effect are timed out.

LordKaiser
May 2, 2015, 10:48 PM
If they implement a feature like this, I hope you don't have to go to the toilet 1 hour before the EQ.

Rehal
May 2, 2015, 10:50 PM
When player left the block, the said block will only decrease premium space rather than free/premium space portion.
Im pretty sure this is wrong as I've seen lots of blocks with premium space full but have normal space open

ArcaneTechs
May 2, 2015, 11:20 PM
I don't know about you, but if I were playing this game 'solely' for doing EQs and UQs as some people do now in end-game, then I would do just that: I'd go afk (watch a movie or binge on anime, talk with others in a separate window in Skype, etc.) in one of those specific blocks for a period of time until I'm done with the game for the day and log-off or just want to play another game. I would do EQs when they start up, and UQs when I feel like it as well on the same block. Doing so just makes sense.

This is why it needs to be put in, your not doing anything in the game because your doing something else like watching a movie for a few hours when someone who wants to play in that block "can't" because your taking up a spot doing other things. People want to be productive in the game but can't cuz watching Avengers 3 on youtube

I was gonna re-edit my post to say for it to move you to your room instead and have an option for it to put you back in if theres room, when you come back and if theres space in the block it will put you back in, if not, you can switch to the next best block or wait till theirs an opening again

Im pretty sure this is wrong as I've seen lots of blocks with premium space full but have normal space open
Prem or Free, it will empty out space for Prem first before Freemium can join the block

Rehal
May 2, 2015, 11:24 PM
Prem or Free, it will empty out space for Prem first before Freemium can join the block
I said I've seen a block with Freemium space open + Prem space full . _.

ArcaneTechs
May 2, 2015, 11:25 PM
Freemium space open, with Prem space full, or was there a third kind of block space in game?
Idk maybe but out of all the times I've tried whenever I was a Freemium user I could never get in, never seen the block even have an opening unless Prem emptied out first

also take screenshots next time, it'll help otherwise i feel like your making it up

NotRankin
May 2, 2015, 11:26 PM
This is why it needs to be put in, your not doing anything in the game because your doing something else like watching a movie for a few hours when someone who wants to play in that block "can't" because your taking up a spot doing other things. People want to be productive in the game but can't cuz watching Avengers 3 on youtube

I was gonna re-edit my post to say for it to move you to your room instead and have an option for it to put you back in if theres room, when you come back and if theres space in the block it will put you back in, if not, you can switch to the next best block or wait till theirs an opening again

I was going to stay out of this but decided to make one more comment. If you have premium, you can easily get into any of the blocks with some time spent fighting in. It's what I do. So this crap about never being able to get into blocks is total bullshit. If team members, myself and friends can get into B15 1 hour before scheduled Magatsu at 9am EST, then you can too. If you're free, then that's a choice you made, deal with the disadvantages. It sucks, but you can always get premium.

ArcaneTechs
May 2, 2015, 11:29 PM
I was going to stay out of this but decided to make one more comment. If you have premium, you can easily get into any of the blocks with some time spent fighting in. It's what I do. So this crap about never being able to get into blocks is total bullshit. If team members, myself and friends can get into B15 1 hour before scheduled Magatsu at 9am EST, then you can too. If you're free, then that's a choice you made, deal with the disadvantages. It sucks, but you can always get premium.
Well okay, this is pretty dam obvious for the users who are logging out, we're talking about the ones who are afk'ing, not the ones who are done playing for the day or switching characters and need to log for that. I know you can get in when the Prem is full if your Prem and fight long enough, lot of people do this. People generally will DC when something like Magatsu gets announced either an hour or 15mins away, not really surprised you and your friends got in

NotRankin
May 2, 2015, 11:32 PM
Well okay, this is pretty dam obvious for the users who are logging out, we're talking about the ones who are afk'ing, not the ones who are done playing for the day or switching characters and need to log for that. I know you can get in when the Prem is full if your Prem and fight long enough, lot of people do this. People generally will DC when something like Magatsu gets announced either an hour or 15mins away, not really surprised you and your friends got in

Which is my point, so what if people AFK if you can still get in regardless? You're complaining about a nonexistant problem. The system is fine as is imo.

Rehal
May 2, 2015, 11:34 PM
Idk maybe but out of all the times I've tried whenever I was a Freemium user I could never get in, never seen the block even have an opening unless Prem emptied out first

also take screenshots next time, it'll help otherwise i feel like your making it up

Too bad then, when I notice that happen it's usually when I wanted to get in that specific block and the first thing I would do is to press enter as quick as I can to get in. :-?

ArcaneTechs
May 2, 2015, 11:36 PM
Which is my point, so what if people AFK if you can still get in regardless? You're complaining about a nonexistant problem.
Try during peak hours of full productive people and try and get into block 15 or 27 back then, everyones doing something. The only way your gonna get in if someone DC's or switches characters. Despite people afk'ing, your gonna have a hard time getting into the block. So your gonna have to rely on someone having a crappy connection to get into the block otherwise your moving to the next block over.

It's a general problem in every MMO, everyone afk's but generally theres more servers to accompany this problem with a higher population to still be able to join anyone despite all the AFK'ers. It is and isn't a problem, maybe if Sega upgraded their servers already it could handle higher Pop's for the game but hell, who knows if thats too much work or a good idea for Sega, it would benefit both sides though

NotRankin
May 2, 2015, 11:47 PM
Try during peak hours of full productive people and try and get into block 15 or 27 back then, everyones doing something. The only way your gonna get in if someone DC's or switches characters. Despite people afk'ing, your gonna have a hard time getting into the block. So your gonna have to rely on someone having a crappy connection to get into the block otherwise your moving to the next block over.

It's a general problem in every MMO, everyone afk's but generally theres more servers to accompany this problem with a higher population to still be able to join anyone despite all the AFK'ers

Like you just said, you can still get in. DC, swapping characters, either way you can get in with a little effort. And I have tried before, and succeeded. And if I didn't then I went a block lower. Punishing players because they're afk is a horrible idea, which is why the older MMOs that did have it, like RO, removed it. I'm one of those that sit in B15, waiting for an EQ. Sometimes I'll do Ult, sometimes I'll watch a movie, or anime, or will work on cleaning the apartment, or go walking or whatever. It sucks that you have issues getting in, but if I fight my way in, I expect to be able to stay in (not 630'ing provided of course). if an EQ shows up, I'm there ready to go, and I don't have to risk missing the EQ, or playing in a lower block with more...special players.

Not to mention, say a free player gets into B15 during downtime, and wants to stay in so he can have a good chance at 3 or 4 Magatsu runs, but wants to take a nap, or the Magatsu is in 8+ hours. Why can't he leave his PC on with the game running? He was lucky enough to get in, but you feel he should be kicked because he's afk so you can get in easier, yet with time you can get in. Rather than you ruining it for him, just sit at the block teleporter thing, and just spam till you get in.

I can understand where you're coming from, but considering, like you said, you can still get in within a few (1-10 minutes usually) minutes, I see no problem. The system works. Premium players have the advantage to get in much, much easier, free players have to fight to get in at off times. This is one of the disadvantages of a block system, but there's ways to work with it. It sucks, but all I can say is deal with it.

But neither one of us will back down, I've said what I wanted to say, you feel the way you do. Stepping out of the thread now, because this will lead to nothing but arguments.

Limbo_lag
May 3, 2015, 02:59 AM
I actually preferred the old system when there wasn't any premium exclusive space. That way at least everyone had a fair chance of getting in if a block was full. Now? If the prem space is all filled up, but a non-prem player leaves, that only opens up the yellow "gauge", and still only allows prem players in.

Also dislike the whole "oh hey, its a full block, lets make it more full" mentality. Empty blocks stay empty and full blocks stay full, there is no middle ground most of the time, which is not only frustrating for players who aren't on premium all the time, but a complete waste of resources as well.

I'd happily agree to an afk timer, or better yet, give some form of a boost to people playing in an emptier block (something small, like a scaling 5% triboost maybe? e.g. less than 50% full gets a 5% boost, between 50-100% get a 2.5% boost or something), coz hey, its unlikely that people in these empty blocks will get a party bonus anyway (unless they were already partied up beforehand).