PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Server Connection Timed Out. Help needed

Xancus
May 4, 2015, 09:57 AM
So, basically I'm experiencing "Server Connection Timed Out" issues even though my ship status is green,which means proxy is working good(I've tried manually and pasting the link). Other than proxy, I've also tried:

1)file checks

2) force update( both old and new method )

3) troubleshooting(fix gameguard, pso2.exe, permissions)

4) reinstall EN patch,pso2 and tweaker

5) launching with official launcher

6)reset IP and DMI

7)VPN (softether)

After all these solutions, the problem is still not to be solved. Anyone experienced this before? Help is really needed please, TQVM.

***I'm a ship 2 player

TheszNuts
May 4, 2015, 01:20 PM
Did you reset proxy settings?

Xancus
May 5, 2015, 11:09 AM
You mean reset to JP proxy then paste the link again? I did that too but that still doesn't solve the problem.

Korazenn
May 5, 2015, 11:28 AM
Might be your HOSTS file because of Game Guard just being Game Guard and screwing with files it shouldn't be. Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Open "hosts" in Notepad and see what is inside of the file. You should only have comments that are indicated by a hashtag (#) before they begin.

It should look something like this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

Remove any lines that do not have a "#" and contain any links related to "PSO2". Try to get it to closely resemble mine as much as possible, if it doesn't look like that. You will see something along the lines of "gs016.pso2gs.net", etc., if it is Game Guard causing this issue by restricting access to PSO2 (which Game Guard loves to do at the most inopportune times).

----------

The other cause I can think of this being for your issue is missing files. Go ahead and run the file check for Old/Missing Files in Troubleshooting within Tweaker. While you are at it, "Redownload" the Japanese files the English Patch, English Large Files, and English Story Patch had replaced using the Orb Menu > Redownload Original JP Files in Tweaker. Then, launch PSO2 again and see if it works for you.

Hope that helps~

Xancus
May 5, 2015, 11:44 AM
After removing those lines that do not have "#" and links that are related to "PSO2", only then I paste the proxy link again? Also, I've tried file checks but it still doesn't work. I'll try the "Redownload" method. Should I redownload the English patches after redownloading the original JP files?

Korazenn
May 5, 2015, 11:50 AM
After removing those lines that do not have "#" and links that are related to "PSO2", only then I paste the proxy link again? Also, I've tried file checks but it still doesn't work. I'll try the "Redownload" method.

Yes, use the Proxy link that CyberKitsune provides on his website in PSO2 Tweaker > Orb Menu > Other Tasks > Configure PSO2Proxy Settings.

You should be good to go afterwards! If it all works fine, go ahead and exit back out of the game, re-install the English Patches through Tweaker, and use Tweaker to launch the game again. Everything should go smoothly. ^^

Xancus
May 5, 2015, 11:53 AM
Thanks a lot, I'll update the status once I've tried it. :)

Korazenn
May 5, 2015, 11:56 AM
Not a problem!

Xancus
May 5, 2015, 12:39 PM
Unfortunately, it still can't solve the problem. :(

Korazenn
May 5, 2015, 12:43 PM
Hmm...have you tried accessing the game without the VPN/Proxy active yet since applying these changes I mentioned in my previous post?

Xancus
May 5, 2015, 12:44 PM
Yeah I tried that, but it gives me Error 249, which means I can't access without the Proxy/VPN right?

Korazenn
May 5, 2015, 12:55 PM
Yeah I tried that, but it gives me Error 249, which means I can't access without the Proxy/VPN right?

For Error Code 249, it means: "Unable to connect to the server - Please wait a while, then try connecting again. Please contact Technical Support if this error happens constantly."

The server sometimes spits out this error instead of 649 during maintenance, but it can also be received if your connection/speed are not enough to fully connect to the server. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, the servers are up, your wireless strength is good or better if applicable, and try again.

Pretty much, yes. It means that if you can't connect normally, then it is best to try to use PSO2Proxy (don't try to use any other VPN with it, only use that instead). You can search Google for "PSO2Proxy" (sorry, I can't post the link), and it should be the first link you see there. Click it and click on "I am blocked from PSO2..." > Yes, I accept! > Yes > Copy the URL and Paste it in Configure PSO2Proxy Settings in Tweaker, then hit OK and Launch the game.

The only other reason I can see this not working is an issue with your wireless connection.

Let me know if that still doesn't work, and I'll forward your issue to AIDA. ^^

Xancus
May 5, 2015, 01:03 PM
I'm already using the PSO2Proxy from CyberKitsune. :o PSO2 was working good on my other computer which broke down not long ago so I changed to this new computer which is currently having issues.

I'm not sure whether is it the problem is the PC itself though. Well, the problem is still not be solve. :(

Thanks for all the help! Really wanted to get back in action soon, I missed the game soooo much !

Korazenn
May 5, 2015, 01:06 PM
I'm already using the PSO2Proxy from CyberKitsune. :o PSO2 was working good on my other computer which broke down not long ago so I changed to this new computer which is currently having issues.

I'll PM you what I meant by my last post. :p

I'm not sure whether is it the problem is the PC itself though. Well, the problem is still not be solve. :(

Thanks for all the help! Really wanted to get back in action soon, I missed the game soooo much !

Hope we can get the issue fixed for you soon. I have a Skype and can talk with you there if you'd like. I'll PM you the deets to it as well so you can add me, if you do have one.

Xancus
May 5, 2015, 01:08 PM
Alright! :D