PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else unable to purchase AC from PSO2es?

the_importer_
May 7, 2015, 07:04 PM
EDIT: Solution found, see my big post later in this topic to see it step by step.

So I'm trying to buy AC using PSO2es like I always do, but it keeps telling me to lok into my google account, which I am, it says "Authentication is required. You need to sign into your Google Account." I tried clearing the cache of both Play Store and PSO2 in my phone, but I still get the error. Anybody has this problem? If you want to test, try buying AC and see if it prompts you for your Google Password.

jintan95
May 7, 2015, 07:12 PM
On 2nd thought I'm having that error too.

the_importer_
May 7, 2015, 07:31 PM
On 2nd thought I'm having that error too.

Hmm, do you think Japanese players have the same issue?

jintan95
May 7, 2015, 07:35 PM
Fingers crossed they didn't do a account region block for purchases :( it was working fine last week but the new update they did something I think.

Anduril
May 7, 2015, 07:53 PM
Well, crap. Hopefully it's just a temporary bug; I really don't want to have to go back to buying webmoney and using the AC website.

the_importer_
May 7, 2015, 08:02 PM
Fingers crossed they didn't do a account region block for purchases :( it was working fine last week but the new update they did something I think.

Ditto, bought 3000 AC during the weekend. Anybody has a JPN Google account here and would like to give it a try?

D3MON
May 7, 2015, 08:06 PM
I just purchased AC about 14 hours ago, I would say its just a temporary Issue.

Xaeris
May 7, 2015, 08:19 PM
Tried it, getting the same error. Figures this would happen the day before my premium runs out. Hopefully this is just a short lived glitch.

Shinamori
May 7, 2015, 08:27 PM
I get this error when doing it with Sonic Runners (JapaneseP/Canada Only), so it's safe to assume it's gonna do it with PSO2es as well. I've tried it with other games and it's working fine.

red1228
May 7, 2015, 08:34 PM
Also getting the error despite having given permission for the transaction.

the_importer_
May 7, 2015, 08:42 PM
I just purchased AC about 14 hours ago, I would say its just a temporary Issue.

Where is your Google account located?

Shinamori
May 7, 2015, 10:20 PM
Wonder if it's region locked.

Skyly
May 7, 2015, 10:41 PM
Just tried purchasing AC through both my tablet and Bluestacks and I got the same error on both.. I really don't think this is a glitch.

the_importer_
May 7, 2015, 10:44 PM
Just tried purchasing AC through both my tablet and Bluestacks and I got the same error on both.. I really don't think this is a glitch.

We need to know if Japanese players are having the same issue.

Skyly
May 7, 2015, 10:57 PM
We need to know if Japanese players are having the same issue.

I know. I was just stating I got the same error 10 mins ago.

Shinamori
May 7, 2015, 11:27 PM
Assumig Skyly is Japanese (or in Japan). Then Sega probably needs to update their API for Google Play if Google did some time of update that requires it too.

Skyly
May 7, 2015, 11:31 PM
Assumig Skyly is Japanese (or in Japan). Then Sega probably needs to update their API for Google Play if Google did some time of update that requires it too.

I'm not Japanese.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 12:12 AM
Wonder if it's region locked.

Why would they lock AC purchasing but allow us to play, doesn't make any sense. It's like "Ya, we don't mind you playing, but we don't want your money".

Shinamori
May 8, 2015, 12:22 AM
It's probably not intentional. Sonic Runners i also only released in Japan and Canada at the moment and I get the same error and Sonic Runners is in complete English.

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 12:55 AM
Anyone try it with a VPN?

emeraude
May 8, 2015, 01:03 AM
I just bought 5k thru Bluestacks + VPN (I live in SEA).

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 01:23 AM
I just bought 5k thru Bluestacks + VPN (I live in SEA).

SEA is region blocked correct?

emeraude
May 8, 2015, 01:28 AM
SEA is region blocked correct?
Yep. That's why I need to VPN before playing PSO2es.

Shear
May 8, 2015, 02:09 AM
Did you try a different Payment Method? CC stopped working for me a while ago but Paypal still worked fine.

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 02:12 AM
Did you try a different Payment Method? CC stopped working for me a while ago but Paypal still worked fine.

It doesn't even give you an option to choose a payment method. Did you use VPN?

Halikus
May 8, 2015, 02:17 AM
It does give the option for other payment methods including paypal, its just not really obvious where that option is. Today however we aren't able to get that far due to this authentication required message.

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 02:34 AM
It does give the option for other payment methods including paypal, its just not really obvious where that option is. Today however we aren't able to get that far due to this authentication required message.

Oh yeah ofc. I thought he bought AC even though he got that message before hand. ie. Error message ----> change payment option.

Alenoir
May 8, 2015, 03:10 AM
Could be a region thing. Just updated a few of the games I play to check. Couldn't load up IAP screen for any games that's only available on Japan Play Store. Any games downloadable from NA Play Store can IAP just fine. Updating Summons Board now, will report if this fails.

May be able to get some workaround if Summons Board fails, because that's a GungHo game and there are a few whales for PazuDora JP on reddit.

Edit: Summons Board failed. Google Play region thing. May actually requires you to have the app registered to your Google account (like, legitimately downloaded from Play insteads of apk install) now, not sure.

|eC| AyJay
May 8, 2015, 03:42 AM
Getting this error too, hopefully someone figures this out because I'm too lazy :D

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 06:31 AM
One way to verify this would be to open a Japanese Google account and use it with BlueStack or something.

emeraude
May 8, 2015, 06:45 AM
Does everyone who has had the problem so far have an NA Google Play account?

Halikus
May 8, 2015, 07:22 AM
UK account here

Atlantis419
May 8, 2015, 08:19 AM
I bought ac yesterday morning around 1030am est. Tried 100 ac just now to check, same bs of verify account. But I did buy that ac after the update.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 10:12 AM
Well I opened a Google account and in the country setting, I chose Japan. I tried PSO2es with an android emulator and that new Google account, still couldn't buy AC.

EDIT: Than again, I wasn't able to find the game on the Play Store either, meaning that it may not count as a Japanese Google account. even if I did choose the proper country.

Sizustar
May 8, 2015, 11:14 AM
It's not just PSO2es, PAD, Shiro Neko, and other Mobage are also effected, so it might be a google thing, as it's not likely for all the mobage company to do something like this.
Some people say it's related to the TPP treaty, but there is no official word from Google, the various mobage company at this time.

But currently, you'll need all of these
Japanese Google Account
Japanese IP
Japanese Credit Card

To be able to do in-app purchase for PSO2es, and other Japanese Mobage.

So how it'll work..

1. Make a new Japanese google account
2. Install the game onto it
3. Transfer the account to the new account.
4. add in the Japnese region Credit Card (Other region that is not in Japan won't be accepted)
5. Buy it as usual.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 11:22 AM
It's not just PSO2es, PAD, Shiro Neko, and other Mobage are also effected, so it might be a google thing, as it's not likely for all the mobage company to do something like this.
Some people say it's related to the TPP treaty, but there is no official word from Google, the various mobage company at this time.

But currently, you'll need all of these
Japanese Google Account
Japanese IP
Japanese Credit Card

To be able to do in-app purchase for PSO2es, and other Japanese Mobage.

So how it'll work..

1. Make a new Japanese google account
2. Install the game onto it
3. Transfer the account to the new account.
4. add in the Japnese region Credit Card (Other region that is not in Japan won't be accepted)
5. Buy it as usual.

Jesus Christ all mighty, why all of this now out of the blue? Was there like a big announcement somewhere?

Sizustar
May 8, 2015, 11:28 AM
Jesus Christ all mighty, why all of this now out of the blue? Was there like a big announcement somewhere?

It's what's being discussed on the various Mobage forum(PAD, Shiro Neko, Chain Chronicle)
Oddly enough, Terra Battle doesn't seem effected by the block.

Some people are saying it's the TOS change, but I haven't been able to find any official announcement, or the Japanese In-app TOS for google yet.

But some people have said quite a few solution, so I'll be checking them for a bit.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 11:35 AM
It's what's being discussed on the various Mobage forum(PAD, Shiro Neko, Chain Chronicle)
Oddly enough, Terra Battle doesn't seem effected by the block.

Some people are saying it's the TOS change, but I haven't been able to find any official announcement, or the Japanese In-app TOS for google yet.

But some people have said quite a few solution, so I'll be checking them for a bit.

Hate to bring this up, but what about iOS users?

emeraude
May 8, 2015, 11:56 AM
I don't have a JP account and I just bought AC through PSO2es... I do have a JP IP.

Edit: Yep tried 100AC, it went through.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 12:06 PM
I don't have a JP account and I just bought AC through PSO2es... I do have a JP IP.

Edit: Yep tried 100AC, it went through.

Are you in Japan or using a VPN?

emeraude
May 8, 2015, 12:09 PM
VPN (I am region blocked from PSO2es as I live in SEA). Have you tried VPNing before using bluestacks?

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 12:09 PM
VPN. Have you tried VPNing before using bluestacks?

No, I'm at work right now, so I can't start playing with VPN. I'll try it at home or perhaps on my phone itself if I can find a VPN program for Android.

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 12:11 PM
No, I'm at work right now, so I can't start playing with VPN. I'll try it at home or perhaps on my phone itself if I can find a VPN program for Android.

I'm about to try it right now

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 12:11 PM
what vpn would be good to use?

emeraude
May 8, 2015, 12:12 PM
I'm using Softether, it's a bit hit or miss with the server you pick but once you get a constant ping you should be good.

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 12:18 PM
I dont use bluestacks though. i usually buy AC from phone (android)

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 12:22 PM
I just tried it with a VPN (softether). No dice...

Shinamori
May 8, 2015, 12:27 PM
Anyone tried making Japanese Google Account?

emeraude
May 8, 2015, 12:27 PM
^ouch. Region block? No idea. I run the vanilla es game on bluestacks, my accounts are all SEA. PSO2es hasn't actually updated after maint (it hasn't downloaded any updates) though.

Maybe Sizustar can come up with other solutions? Install an older version of es maybe?

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 12:28 PM
you cant play with an outdated verson of ES

emeraude
May 8, 2015, 12:44 PM
you cant play with an outdated verson of ES
Well, true. Hope it works out for you guys.

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 12:47 PM
Well, true. Hope it works out for you guys.

i tried purchasing different amounts of AC but no Dice.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 12:52 PM
OK, I just installed TunnelBear VPN on my Android Phone. I chose Japan for a country but it doesn't work. It took longer to get the IAP windows, but I got the same message.

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 01:04 PM
RIP QQ

Lax
May 8, 2015, 01:31 PM
I could never purchase AC from es in the first place..

They wont accept my card..

Tyaph
May 8, 2015, 01:42 PM
Can confirm, tried using SoftEther VPN and still got the authentication message. Hopefully thiss gets fixed soon, I need a mag.

NotRankin
May 8, 2015, 01:43 PM
Not working in JP Brave Frontier either. So not just an ES thing.

Xaeris
May 8, 2015, 01:44 PM
Haven't had any luck so far. I tried using the Amazon vpn I set up while we were locked out last year and running es in Bluestacks, but still the same error. I really don't want to go back to buying webmoney. :/

|eC| AyJay
May 8, 2015, 01:46 PM
So maybe the app doesn't go off of your IP now, it probably had access to your location from the very first time you logged in if you have your location thingy on, any app is free to use that, otherwise I'd say it's either a short lived glitch or something with Google.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 01:55 PM
Had some free time at work, decided to try TunnelBear VPN set to Japan on my PC with BlueStack, still doesn't work.

Sizustar
May 8, 2015, 02:25 PM
Someone managed to buy ingame purchase for another mobage.

These are the step they took.

1. Change the region of their google wallet to Japan
2, Have the game in your download history(Able to update through play store)
2. Use OpenVPN to access from a Japan IP(Might need to try a few) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.openvpn.openvpn
3. Profit

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 02:53 PM
Someone managed to buy ingame purchase for another mobage.

These are the step they took.

1. Change the region of their google wallet to Japan
2, Have the game in your download history(Able to update through play store)
2. Use OpenVPN to access from a Japan IP(Might need to try a few) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.openvpn.openvpn
3. Profit

No options for a Japanese server with OpenVPN. As for Google Wallet, there's no region options, only an option to change Language preference for the Wallet Balance statements. You can also create a new billing address.

Sizustar
May 8, 2015, 03:10 PM
No options for a Japanese server with OpenVPN. As for Google Wallet, there's no region options, only an option to change Language preference for the Wallet Balance statements. You can also create a new billing address.

Really, I just checked, there are a bunch of Japanese server though
http://i.imgur.com/4pJz68F.png

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 03:31 PM
Really, I just checked, there are a bunch of Japanese server though

Doesn't look like we have the same interface for this app. Anyway, I downloaded an add-on for it and I was able to select a Japanese server. I set my Google Wallet with a main Japanese address and changed the Language preference to Japanese, still doesn't work.

Shinamori
May 8, 2015, 04:10 PM
Think you need to make an actual Japanese Google Account.

TauAkiou
May 8, 2015, 05:27 PM
If they are doing what I think they are doing, then Google is now actually checking for app validity before they let in-app transactions go through.

I'm trying something myself right now. I'll ring back if it works.

Update:

Yes, it worked.

Basically, Google Play is expecting to see that your account actually, did, in fact, download the game from Play. Else, it fails authentication and refuses to let you do IAPs.

The solution is that you are going to need to actually download the actual PSO2ES from the actual Play Store.

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 05:50 PM
If they are doing what I think they are doing, then Google is now actually checking for app validity before they let in-app transactions go through.

I'm trying something myself right now. I'll ring back if it works.

Update:

Yes, it worked.

Basically, Google Play is expecting to see that your account actually, did, in fact, download the game from Play. Else, it fails authentication and refuses to let you do IAPs.

The solution is that you are going to need to actually download the actual PSO2ES from the actual Play Store.

so in the end you need a JP vpn and a JP google play account?

Sirius-91
May 8, 2015, 05:52 PM
so in the end you need a JP vpn and a JP google play account?

Only so google thinks you've downloaded it and not pirated it. This is probably some form of anti-piracy, even if this is a free game.

TauAkiou
May 8, 2015, 05:58 PM
Only so google thinks you've downloaded it and not pirated it. This is probably some form of anti-piracy, even if this is a free game.

That, and probably something security-based, since a sideloaded APK can have any sort of modification that hackers can use to steal data, and such.

Frankly, Google fixing a security flaw like this one is a pretty good thing, even if it's an inconvenience to pretty much all of us.

Either way, once it is tied to your account and downloaded, you don't even need the VPN; it will just work afterwards.

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 06:01 PM
That, and probably something security-based, since a sideloaded APK can have any sort of modification that hackers can use to steal data, and such.

Frankly, Google fixing a security flaw like this one is a pretty good thing, even if it's an inconvenience to pretty much all of us.

Either way, once it is tied to your account and downloaded, you don't even need the VPN; it will just work afterwards.

can you share your method on how to do this?

Sizustar
May 8, 2015, 06:01 PM

No, it won't.

Sirius-91
May 8, 2015, 06:05 PM

Using a VPN, make a japanese google account, then add account into your device/bluestacks.

Then use a VPN on android to (re)download PSO2es using your JP account.

Then you can stop using your VPN and play as normal, however, you might need your JP account to use your CC using google wallet instead of your normal account.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 06:12 PM

I would also like to have the step by step procedure.

EvilMag
May 8, 2015, 06:15 PM
Using a VPN, make a japanese google account, then add account into your device/bluestacks.

Then use a VPN on android to (re)download PSO2es using your JP account.

Then you can stop using your VPN and play as normal, however, you might need your JP account to use your CC using google wallet instead of your normal account.

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&hl=ja&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3F pc%3Dtopnav-about-ja

couldn't we just go here and make it without needing a vpn?

Sirius-91
May 8, 2015, 06:18 PM
https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?service=mail&hl=ja&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3F pc%3Dtopnav-about-ja

couldn't we just go here and make it without needing a vpn?

Probably.

TauAkiou
May 8, 2015, 06:18 PM
No, it won't.

It will; I verified this on my Nexus 7, which is running an unmodified copy of PSO2ES, purchased from my US card. 100 AC transaction went through flawlessly.

This was with OpenVPN disconnected.

You may need the Japanese mailing address set up in Wallet, though. (I'm doing this on a separate Google account with the region set up.)

Basically what I did:

1. Set up a new Google account.
2. Tie a Japanese billing address to it (through Wallet)
3. Used a VPN (OpenVPN; you need to be able to access the Japanese Play storefront) to download the game (and just to download the game).
4. Set up card.
5. Purchased as normal.

As Google seems to verify the region of your 'device' rather then your account, you may not even need a new account for it. I could be wrong, though.

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 06:37 PM
atleast the prices have stablized for buying webmoney via cn-usa

25$ for 2000 AC isnt half bad

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 06:44 PM

Not when you can get 2000AC for roughly 17 USD through pso2es.

Shunx
May 8, 2015, 06:54 PM

http://i.imgur.com/msurpxo.png

http://i.imgur.com/UsCNQKR.png

All through es

Tyaph
May 8, 2015, 07:10 PM
I can get the payment methods to show up on my JP google account, but I dont see the option for Paypal anymore. Is it just me?

Sirius-91
May 8, 2015, 07:13 PM
I can get the payment methods to show up on my JP google account, but I dont see the option for Paypal anymore. Is it just me?

Not just you.

ContinuumXIX
May 8, 2015, 07:17 PM
So I managed to make a JP google play account and downloaded the game, so it shows up in the list. But once I started it up, the game's version showed up as "ver. x.x.x." Anyone have any idea what I can do to change this?
It stays stuck on the "connecting" forever once I tap the screen.

Shirai
May 8, 2015, 07:19 PM
I was able to purchase AC through my android. I used the VPN, Zero VPN to make the japanese gmail. I also used it to go to the japanese play store, but I don't think it's necessary once you have a japanese gmail. I switched to the japanese gmail and downloaded the game without the VPN and accessed it without the VPN and was able to purchase ac.

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 07:37 PM
To everyone who has got it to work, are you purchasing the AC on your japanese email, or only using the japanese email to download PSO2es from the official google play store? Right now I'm getting that error about the transaction being 'high risk.' Also there isn't any pay pal option.

Xaeris
May 8, 2015, 07:44 PM
Well, that was a tremendous pain in the ass, but I've resolved my problem. What I did was create a Japanese google account using the link provided a page or two back: no need for a VPN on that front. Even provided my usual mobile number for the verification. After that, I changed the google account registered on my Android to the JP one. Using that, I opened up Google Play, which took me to the JP storefront, and downloaded PSO2es. I was then able to buy AC again. I got the high risk notification too, but that was just a matter of waiting it out.

I changed the registered account back to my normal one and am still able to buy AC, so it really does seem it's a matter of owning a legitimate copy of the app. Man, it's days like this I remember that we're foreigners playing this game.

TauAkiou
May 8, 2015, 07:46 PM
I purchased the AC through the JP Play account, and I've received no problems for the purchase I made.

Also:

You can use PayPal to buy apps and digital content on Google Play in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United States, United Kingdom.

You can't use PayPal for purchases that use Google Wallet outside of the Play Store.

Shirai
May 8, 2015, 07:47 PM
To everyone who has got it to work, are you purchasing the AC on your japanese email, or only using the japanese email to download PSO2es from the official google play store? Right now I'm getting that error about the transaction being 'high risk.' Also there isn't any pay pal option.

Since it's a new email, it actually takes 3-5 for google to validate it for purchases.
I thought my order went through, but it didn't. At least it's not the dumb authorization thing now.

ContinuumXIX
May 8, 2015, 07:50 PM
Well, that was a tremendous pain in the ass, but I've resolved my problem. What I did was create a Japanese google account using the link provided a page or two back: no need for a VPN on that front. Even provided my usual mobile number for the verification. After that, I changed the google account registered on my Android to the JP one. Using that, I opened up Google Play, which took me to the JP storefront, and downloaded PSO2es. I was then able to buy AC again. I got the high risk notification too, but that was just a matter of waiting it out.

I changed the registered account back to my normal one and am still able to buy AC, so it really does seem it's a matter of owning a legitimate copy of the app. Man, it's days like this I remember that we're foreigners playing this game.

I don't get it, I did pretty much this, and downloaded pso2es via my JP account. But whenever I download it from the JP store, my PSO2es is "ves x.x.x." and is doesn't do anything cept get stuck on loading.

Xaeris
May 8, 2015, 07:55 PM
Did you have the apk on your device already, from the Tweaker or whatever other source? I deleted mine first before downloading from the store.

ContinuumXIX
May 8, 2015, 07:58 PM
Did you have the apk on your device already, from the Tweaker or whatever other source? I deleted mine first before downloading from the store.

I've checked and I have no apk on my phone at all, trying the download again to see if anything is missing at all.

Shinamori
May 8, 2015, 08:03 PM

How did you change your registered account without a factory reset?

Xaeris
May 8, 2015, 08:05 PM
Settings (swipe down and tap the gear at the top right) -> Accounts -> Add Account

Shinamori
May 8, 2015, 08:08 PM
That didn't let me download PSO2es though. Still said it was it available in my country even though I changed Google Play to use my Japanese gmail.

Xaeris
May 8, 2015, 08:11 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I made it sound like I didn't use a VPN at all. I didn't need one to make a JP google account, but I did use one to access the Play store after I switched the registered account.

Shunx
May 8, 2015, 08:11 PM
I've done everything so far, and I'm still getting the English Play Store

I've even made a JP google account and everything, but nothing avail.

Shinamori
May 8, 2015, 08:12 PM
Ah. Well, I have 0 idea on using a VPN (on android) to connect to a JP server.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 08:13 PM
OK guys, I made it work, got my AC and here's how to do it:

1- You'll need a google account that you've never used for downloading anything on the Play Store (no Google Wallet either). I just happened to have a 2nd one that was setup for a Canadian account like my main one and it worked. Basically, it doesn't need to be Japanese.

2- Add your 2nd google account to your Android device

3- Download Tunnelbear VPN on your Android Device (this gives you 500MB per month for free, more than enough)

4- Setup Tunnelbear to get a Japanese IP

5- Go to your App Manager, force-stop the Play Store app and clear it's data (you won't loose anything important)

6- Go to the Play Store, accept the terms and agreements and switch to your 2nd Google account by hitting the menu (usually located in the upper left area)

7- You should now see a bunch of Japanese Apps, so make a search for PSO2es

8- If it's already installed, remove it from the Play Store and download it again, it will now be registered to your 2nd Google Account

9- Leave Tunnelbear running and open PSO2es

10- Let the game update itself, while doing that, go to the Google Wallet site and setup your credit card for your 2nd Google account

11- In PSO2es, enter your username and password

12- Go to the AC shop, choose what you want to buy, agree to the terms, put in your password and Voila!!

TauAkiou seems to be right, Google is preventing you from doing IAP if the app has not been downloaded from the Play Store, which is a good thing. That being said, if you don't have Tunnelbear running in PSO2es while buying AC, it will say that you are not connected to the Internet when trying to use the IAP window, probably looking for the same region that was used to download the game for doing IAP.

ContinuumXIX
May 8, 2015, 08:16 PM
I restarted my phone and it came back up as the correct version, now to see if I can actually buy AC using it now...

Shinamori
May 8, 2015, 08:27 PM
Still in English for me. I'm connected to a JP IP and switched accounts. Nothing.

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 08:38 PM
Still in English for me. I'm connected to a JP IP and switched accounts. Nothing.

Did you follow my instructions to the letter?

TauAkiou
May 8, 2015, 08:39 PM

You may have to clear your Google Play data under Settings -> Applications -> Google Play -> Clear Data for it to reset properly.

Afterwards, make sure you are connected to your JP VPN (and for good measure, make sure you used JP billing address in Wallet) before running Play again.

ContinuumXIX
May 8, 2015, 08:39 PM
Importer do you have any idea why my PSO2es keeps on ending up as ver x.x.x. until I restart my phone after I redownload it? I've already checked and I can't find anything on this error.

Skyly
May 8, 2015, 08:44 PM
Working for me as well now.

1. Connect to JP VPN.
2. google.com --> This will automatically change to jp google if on VPN. Create a japanese google account
3. Add your new jp account to bluestacks/playstore
4. Download pso2es to your new jp google account from JP google play store. (Just search pso2es)
5. Install/update pso2es. Add card and purchase AC.

I only got held up because of the high risk payment issue. Waited about 30 mins and I was able to purchase AC.

Shinamori
May 8, 2015, 08:47 PM
You may have to clear your Google Play data under Settings -> Applications -> Google Play -> Clear Data for it to reset properly.

Afterwards, make sure you are connected to your JP VPN (and for good measure, make sure you used JP billing address in Wallet) before running Play again.

I got it to work. One of my 2nd accounts as Google Wallet on it already. Found one that didn't.

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 08:55 PM
so any Region works for the second account?

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 09:04 PM
so any Region works for the second account?

yup, doesn't matter

ContinuumXIX
May 8, 2015, 09:08 PM
So I got it to work finally, but is there no way to make the game use my other account for payments anymore? I still have google play credit on my other account :(

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 09:12 PM
Importer do you have any idea why my PSO2es keeps on ending up as ver x.x.x. until I restart my phone after I redownload it? I've already checked and I can't find anything on this error.

Not a clue but if it works, doesn't really matter.

So I got it to work finally, but is there no way to make the game use my other account for payments anymore? I still have google play credit on my other account :(

At this point, who cares, we almost lost a convenient way to buy AC, this is a small price to pay.

Velia
May 8, 2015, 09:12 PM
I made an account here just to post to this thread. Bless you, Importer. I was going out of my mind trying to find a solution today. The one you posted finally worked for me, although I'm waiting on the 30 minute "at risk" delay to purchase AC.

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 10:02 PM
followed imports guide and it worked!

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 10:12 PM
I made an account here just to post to this thread. Bless you, Importer. I was going out of my mind trying to find a solution today. The one you posted finally worked for me, although I'm waiting on the 30 minute "at risk" delay to purchase AC.

Happy to help

pkemr4
May 8, 2015, 10:18 PM
also, i tried going back to my normal google account and got the auth, so i have to stick with VPN + alt account to buy AC ; ;

is it possible to switch Accounts entirely for your android device? like switch between then instead of having to clear data and such. for google play store

the_importer_
May 8, 2015, 11:23 PM
also, i tried going back to my normal google account and got the auth, so i have to stick with VPN + alt account to buy AC ; ;

is it possible to switch Accounts entirely for your android device? like switch between then instead of having to clear data and such. for google play store

I think if you were to remove your first Google account on your phone, perhaps, never tried it. You should try it on an emulator first.

TheszNuts
May 8, 2015, 11:44 PM
So any older accounts used to buy AC will not work now? Confused whats going on here.

Xaeris
May 8, 2015, 11:50 PM
It's not a problem of age, or whether they've been used before. The problem is that we now need legitimate copies of es from the JP Google Play store to buy AC, and the google account of pretty much anyone that would be posting here wouldn't have been able to access the JP storefront, which is why we're all making new accounts.

Dia79
May 8, 2015, 11:56 PM
so guys im waiting for the 30 mins to end up then i should be able to buy ac again via my second account ...so far i just want to understand if the game itself wil run again with my original account and if from now on to buy ac ill need always to use this second account and the tunnelber vpn..

ops and i forgot...if so we will always have the 30 mins high risk thing?

the_importer_
May 9, 2015, 12:01 AM
so guys im waiting for the 30 mins to end up then i should be able to buy ac again via my second account ...so far i just want to understand if the game itself wil run again with my original account and if from now on to buy ac ill need always to use this second account and the tunnelber vpn..

ops and i forgot...if so we will always have the 30 mins high risk thing?

What the hell is this 30 minutes people are talking about?

Skyly
May 9, 2015, 12:05 AM

Most likely waiting out the high risk error.

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 12:07 AM

idk is the thing that everyone was typing about and that i actually found when i tried to buy ac :P do i need to worry ? im waiting that time to over so :P

landman
May 9, 2015, 02:45 AM
So if google play thinks my device is not compatible, no way to download it legitimately, right? fck you cheap Chinese tegrak1 tablet...

Sirius-91
May 9, 2015, 03:48 AM
So if google play thinks my device is not compatible, no way to download it legitimately, right? fck you cheap Chinese tegrak1 tablet...

Yeeep.

Tankotron
May 9, 2015, 04:05 AM
Can't seem to get past the 30 minute "high risk" error. Just keep shutting me down. Maybe i'm too sleepy to think correctly. Blargh.

|eC| AyJay
May 9, 2015, 04:27 AM
It works now, at least for me.. Just a short lived glitch.

Sizustar
May 9, 2015, 05:23 AM

Google security feature that blocks in-app purchsase they think is high risk for 30 min to 4 day(If you keep trying none stop)

Sizustar
May 9, 2015, 05:29 AM
And...now it seems that old account can purchase again with out vpn?

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 05:30 AM
Can't seem to get past the 30 minute "high risk" error. Just keep shutting me down. Maybe i'm too sleepy to think correctly. Blargh.

i had the same issue for at least 3 times but i finally made it , mostly once u get the 30 minutes stop message u need to wait from that time and from that small window :-o ....
Now when i try to buy some more ac im still getting that high risk 30 minutes thing adn i wonder if this will be just the way it is from now on or if something is wrong?

Ce'Nedra
May 9, 2015, 05:37 AM
Didn't try buying yet but I don't get the authentication error now while I did last night. I didn't do anything to my es yet.

Guess people should try before making a new account and such.

Edit: just bought 1k ac fine without doing anything to my es. Still using my account I did before this stuff happened. Guess it was a temporary thing?

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 05:37 AM
And...now it seems that old account can purchase again with out vpn?

yea swiching with my original account i can buy ac again and without VPN but ....it still want me to wait the high risk 30 minutes thing which is kinda boring ....

Google security feature that blocks in-app purchsase they think is high risk for 30 min to 4 day(If you keep trying none stop)

how the hell this works , i mean its some kind of protection that will just expire after a while or its something we have to deal with from now on ?

Sizustar
May 9, 2015, 05:44 AM
yea swiching with my original account i can buy ac again and without VPN but ....it still want me to wait the high risk 30 minutes thing which is kinda boring ....

how the hell this works , i mean its some kind of protection that will just expire after a while or its something we have to deal with from now on ?

You'll have to contact Google support for that.

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 05:53 AM
You'll have to contact Google support for that.

wait u sure about this ? i mean this is not happening only to me and i can buy other apps without this issue ...so idk even what google would say about it

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 06:09 AM
Didn't try buying yet but I don't get the authentication error now while I did last night. I didn't do anything to my es yet.

Guess people should try before making a new account and such.

Edit: just bought 1k ac fine without doing anything to my es. Still using my account I did before this stuff happened. Guess it was a temporary thing?

so u didnt have the high risk 30 minutes message?

Sizustar
May 9, 2015, 06:09 AM
wait u sure about this ? i mean this is not happening only to me and i can buy other apps without this issue ...so idk even what google would say about it

It's an international purchase.
ALthough the text might say 30 minute.
There are instance, in which it's a soft lock, until the google support team take a look at it and remove it.

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 06:31 AM
It's an international purchase.
ALthough the text might say 30 minute.
There are instance, in which it's a soft lock, until the google support team take a look at it and remove it.

well im calling the support right now but i doubt they can do something about it ....

Sizustar
May 9, 2015, 06:39 AM
well im calling the support right now but i doubt they can do something about it ....

What will most likely happen is, they ask you not to do anything for 2 day, until they unlock it.

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 06:59 AM
What will most likely happen is, they ask you not to do anything for 2 day, until they unlock it.

as i suppose they told me there is no lock or anything on my account and that is most likely an issue from sega side ....well thats kinda a normal answer considering i cna buy everything without any issue and that im receiving this 30 minutes high risk notification only on pso2es ...:-(

MRLADYBOY
May 9, 2015, 07:57 AM
So, i just downloaded ES via bluestacks whilst connected to a VPN. I then signed in using my "ORIGINAL UK" gmail account as usual. Clicked to buy AC. Payment complete. NO need to set up a jp gmail account as far as i can tell.
Looks like Google has changed its payment procedure and have tightened up security on NON play store purchased apps, thats all.

Hope this works out for you all.

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 08:07 AM
So, i just downloaded ES via bluestacks whilst connected to a VPN. I then signed in using my "ORIGINAL UK" gmail account as usual. Clicked to buy AC. Payment complete. NO need to set up a jp gmail account as far as i can tell.
Looks like Google has changed its payment procedure and have tightened up security on NON play store purchased apps, thats all.

Hope this works out for you all.

so u dint have the 30 minutes warning at all to complete the transaction?:-?

Ce'Nedra
May 9, 2015, 08:21 AM
so u didnt have the high risk 30 minutes message?

Nope, I got that message a few times normally before this stuff happened but if I tried again instantly I could still buy so thought of it as a bug. I never had any issues with ES at all aside yesterday that I needed to authenticate. I checked again today and I could buy AC just fine.

Might be worth mentioning I use bluestacks and the ES Tweaker.

Anduril
May 9, 2015, 08:35 AM
Just tried buying AC like normal (no new account, no VPN) and it went through fine. I had previously gotten the error. Looks like it was probably an unintentional issue while tightening security.

Dia79
May 9, 2015, 09:06 AM
Just tried buying AC like normal (no new account, no VPN) and it went through fine. I had previously gotten the error. Looks like it was probably an unintentional issue while tightening security.

ok so here whats happening to me atm ....
last night i made a purchase following importer instructions and using a second google account ,after a fiew tries i made it trought the 30 minutes high risk notification ...soon after i swiched to main and originale account to check if pso2es was going to work and yes it was working even if i wanted to buy AC and always using the same CC card ...the only issue was the 30 minutes high risk warning so i decided to go back to my second account but nothing again the same 30 minutes high risk notification was there so this noon i felt like probably the swiching between accounts could be the cause of this message and decided to make a small ac purchase via my original account after the 30 minutes wait thing ;
everything worked welll and after 2 hours i made a normal ac purchase via the same original account and it went perfectly without any kind of warning and most important without waiting 30 minutes lol .it was just instant purchase like it always been .....probably they did fix something or probably was the account swiching my problem .:-?

p.s.:i forgot to mention that i never used a vpn at all for these transactions ,i only used it to download the game and register my second account via google wallet.

Shinamori
May 9, 2015, 10:03 AM
Yep, it's working now. I can do it with Sonic Runners too.

JaysonL
May 9, 2015, 01:20 PM
Google probably realized something was wrong with the sudden influx of new JP google play accounts. There was literally at least an active thread like this one for every decent Japanese google play game on somewhere on the net. Hopefully, its all resolved now.

Sizustar
May 9, 2015, 01:40 PM
Google probably realized something was wrong with the sudden influx of new JP google play accounts. There was literally at least an active thread like this one for every decent Japanese google play game on somewhere on the net. Hopefully, its all resolved now.

Or the various japanese game company suddenly got a bunch of complaint, and noticed that their player base that used to pay, is unable to pay.

Anduril
May 9, 2015, 01:53 PM
Or the various japanese game company suddenly got a bunch of complaint, and noticed that their player base that used to pay, is unable to pay.
This is likely, since when I logged in to es this morning, a system message popped up (have no idea what it said, and I forgot to screenshot it) and that's what prompted me to check if I could buy the AC.

Flaoc
May 9, 2015, 01:53 PM
*whew* got nervous reading this thread but now that its fixed no worries

landman
May 10, 2015, 04:23 AM
This not only affected regional lock, the market also locks some titles from your device if they are not marked as compatible, it's obvious many Japanese users could be also affected by this, at least the ones not connecting from a samsung and other mainstream brands devices.

DayoDee
May 12, 2015, 10:48 AM
Does anybody know a way I can purchase AC threw that ark layer website and how to redeem the code off the ps vita

Anduril
May 12, 2015, 10:52 AM
Does anybody know a way I can purchase AC threw that ark layer website and how to redeem the code off the ps vita
To purchase from arks-layer, follow the instructions here. (http://arks-layer.com/webmoney.php)
To redeem the code they give you, follow the instructions here. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199490)

Minty Kitty
May 19, 2015, 03:17 AM
Hate to revive this but im getting the High Risk error over and over again.

I use Bluestacks and no matter what i try it keeps erroring.

Ive tried my Debit Card and Paypal. Nothing works.

Sizustar
May 19, 2015, 03:55 AM
Hate to revive this but im getting the High Risk error over and over again.

I use Bluestacks and no matter what i try it keeps erroring.

Ive tried my Debit Card and Paypal. Nothing works.

In this instance, you should contact your bank and paypal.
Since it is an international purchase, most likely paypal or your bank is blocking it.

Xaeris
May 19, 2015, 04:00 AM
High risk is more likely on Google's end. I'd contact them through Google Wallet (https://www.google.com/wallet/) and do the web chat with a rep. Your problem may possibly be cleared up just by verifying that it is you trying to make these purchases.

Minty Kitty
May 19, 2015, 05:03 PM
High risk is more likely on Google's end. I'd contact them through Google Wallet (https://www.google.com/wallet/) and do the web chat with a rep. Your problem may possibly be cleared up just by verifying that it is you trying to make these purchases.

Thanks! This worked completely! Spoke with a Rep and got the problem fixed.

Was able to purchase AC just fine.

Limbo_lag
Aug 4, 2015, 09:40 AM
So was just wondering if this is still an issue, coz I tried purchasing via bluestacks recently. It initially brought me to a verification page (which wanted me to verify by logging in), but now I'm stuck with an infinitely loading "circle" white screen. How can you even contact google support if you're using bluestacks? D:

Weird thing is, 3 days ago or so it was fine :<

Piraya
Aug 6, 2015, 08:38 AM
Just managed to purchase AC as normal through the app, no problems!

Morgan Fumi
Aug 7, 2015, 11:51 AM
Wait, so Google rolled back whatever change they made?

I can just install PSO2es via apk and just follow these instructions here just fine?
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/22k3z3/how_to_buy_ac_arks_cash_directly_from_sega_using/

DAIKO
Mar 23, 2016, 07:47 PM
It should be noted that on some older devices that you have to go into the developer options (quick google search will show you how to access Dev. Options) and tick "Allow Mock Locations" in order to get the VPN to work. Source: Spent all day trying to get pso2es through play store and this step finally allowed me to access Japan's play store.

Thanks again for this thread! I wouldn't of made it this far in the process without your help!

Zangor17
Mar 23, 2016, 08:04 PM
Wait, so Google rolled back whatever change they made?

I can just install PSO2es via apk and just follow these instructions here just fine?
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comments/22k3z3/how_to_buy_ac_arks_cash_directly_from_sega_using/

Also curious about this. I finally installed PSO2es a few weeks ago and am curious if I can buy AC as normal again or not?

ashley50
Mar 23, 2016, 09:42 PM
Also curious about this. I finally installed PSO2es a few weeks ago and am curious if I can buy AC as normal again or not?

Try to attempt buying 100AC and see if you encounter any problem(s).

It's what I just did when I transitioned from using Bluestacks to a tablet; I had no problems buying 100AC.

I assume we all have different experiences buying AC off PSO2es, some have it easy and others get errors when confirming the purchase.