PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Returning Player with a ton of questions....

deusalkaiser
May 10, 2015, 11:45 PM
Hello I haven't played pso2 since the days the game got released almost (forgot what was date but i only played about 2 months into game after it was released with English patch)

Anyways I have a low of questions if someone would not mind answering a few.

1)
I heard from my friend today ( he created character first and is new player ) that you get free rare weapons for each weapon type for first character created or log in on account is this some sort of event?
I unfortunately went into my account to delete my character from other server to recreate brand new and fresh in another server and i am not sure if i screwed myself by doing this. If i delete character and remake without claiming on the mail will i still get them?

By the way i deleted my character by pressing control and left click yes, but it did not delete the character do i have to wait a certain amount of time for this? and if so how long?

2)
I decided to make a ranger and i have a few questions on it itself.
a)i hear launchers got super buffed compared to release date is this true? what did they do to it? i always loved launchers but not many people bothered to use much.

b)i used to hate using weak bullet and not being able to use other skills without wasting the weak bullets shots did they ever fix this? like can i use remaining shots whenever i want and save them? or is it like before where you use skill then your weapon permanently has it on it.

c)I also heard skill trees got changed how do things look out for rangers? are traps finally useful? i always loved them on pso. did they buff or nerf rangers from back in the days? people only used them for weak bullet and thats it, PA were ok at best ( from what i saw or remember); moreover how are their mobbing capability now?

3) did someone finally figure out what dex does? and are people still using 1 stat only mag like attack or ranged attack only?

4) not sure if its ok to ask here but story patch doesn't seem to be working for me with the AIDA tweaker, i press icon for story patch it says completed ( does some weird cmd stuff and when i open the tweaker again on the chat log it doesn't show story patch installed.

Any information is extremely appreciated.

Anduril
May 10, 2015, 11:56 PM
1) They've added a bunch of new rewards for the Matterboards, but that's about it; never heard of whatever your friend is talking about.
Character deletion takes 24 hours to finalize, you can cancel it in those 24 hours.
2a) Launchers are faster and in general easier to use now.
b)There is a Bullet Keep skill for that, but it only works when switching between Launchers and Rifles, the second you switch to anything other than those two, you lose the bullets. (Derp, didn't read that right, but yeah what red1228 said.)
c) Skill tress (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php) got a complete makeover in terms of placement of things, also, traps can be used as a source of PP now, plus Gravity Bomb is good for gathering enemies together. Ranger are even stronger for Bosses now due to the PA Satellite Cannon.
3) The class combo dejour is a Dual Blade Fi/Bo Limit Break Critical Build, but there are some other popular builds out there as well.
4) Dex raises the minimum cap of damage/reduces weapon damage variance, but 7* and higher weapons have a hidden bonus that reduces variance to 90% meaning that Pure mags are still the best thing to do.
5) Not sure what to tell you; try posting about it in the Tweaker thread.

red1228
May 10, 2015, 11:59 PM
I can answer some of these:

Loading Weak Bullet still overrides your normal attack for Rifles, but you have three other attack slots still, to perform PAs. Using traps/grenades (while still holding onto Weak Bullet) can regenerate PP (with the appropriate Skill Perk), to help with the whole "Well what do I do until this current WB wears off?" issue.

Launchers (in addition to pretty much every weapon) has been re-balanced to be on-par with everything. Force (fire focused in particular) & Bouncer (Dual Blades) are a bit higher on the DPS list, but every weapon is capable nowadays.

Traps for Ranger are useful now, yes. Gravity Bomb & Stun Grenade in particular.

DEX affects the damage variance your character does. You may have noticed that your damage fluctuates a bit, even with the same attack. Dexterity lowers the gap between the "low end" & "high end" of your damage variance.

Selphea
May 11, 2015, 12:04 AM
1) I heard from my friend today ( he created character first and is new player ) that you get free rare weapons for each weapon type for first character created or log in on account is this some sort of event?

No idea but I wouldn't sweat it, decent items drop like candy once you get into Super Hard difficulty.

a)i hear launchers got super buffed compared to release date is this true? what did they do to it? i always loved launchers but not many people bothered to use much.

Launchers have always been useful and still are. Cluster Bullet clears most weak mobs and Cosmos Breaker hits like a truck if you can set it up.

b)i used to hate using weak bullet and not being able to use other skills without wasting the weak bullets shots did they ever fix this? like can i use remaining shots whenever i want and save them? or is it like before where you use skill then your weapon permanently has it on it.

Weak Bullet is still a very important debuff that most parties expect a Ranger to apply on bosses. There is a skill called Bullet Keep that lets you swap from Rifle to Launcher while keeping your Weak Bullets loaded, but otherwise it functions the same.

c)I also heard skill trees got changed how do things look out for rangers? are traps finally useful? i always loved them on pso. did they buff or nerf rangers from back in the days? people only used them for weak bullet and thats it, PA were ok at best ( from what i saw or remember); moreover how are their mobbing capability now?

Gravity Bomb is great. Stun Grenade is good for PP with Tactics Trap. I see people dropping Upper Trap on bosses as well, seemingly for PP.

4) did someone finally figure out what dex does? and are people still using 1 stat only mag like attack or ranged attack only?

Dex's main use is to increase your minimum damage with crafted weapons. For the most part, the damage increase from Dex is smaller than going with an ATK stat, but when paired with a skill like Braver Mag or Bouncer Mag, and in very specific situations, Dex can be better for damage. The specific situation being

Character uses a crafted weapon with a high base ATK
Said character does not have Critical Strike
Character attacks a boss that has high Dex.

5) not sure if its ok to ask here but story patch doesn't seem to be working for me with the AIDA tweaker, i press icon for story patch it says completed ( does some weird cmd stuff and when i open the tweaker again on the chat log it doesn't show story patch installed.

I'm out of touch with the story patch :(

deusalkaiser
May 11, 2015, 01:16 AM
thank you guys so much for the information i appreciate it a lot.

if someone doesn't mind also:

-are force still overpowered? i remember on retail release my friends would just melt everything on the screen while i tried to catch up or use a PA, is it more balanced now? can anything even compete with them?

-did they buff the rifles PA? i remember them also being kind of crappy besides the one you go into prone position and snipe for boss single dmg? and launcher only had like 1 good one. I also found ranger weird on bosses as hitting tab a billion times to select weak point was insane did they ever help with this or does anyone know good way to aim at certain spots without going all over the place?

-how is the braver class now? i never got to try this class and heard it was completely broken overpowered but it got balanced? i am not too fond of hybrid classes how is the katana braver now? the skills remind me of PSO weapons like TJ sword and agito/etc looks interesting are they still good for boss/mobbing?

you guys are awesome I am grateful for info ^^ ( im having a hard time re-customizing my character the way i like, as i try to remake a old rpg character on a hucast XD i wish i could save my character customization i had before)

Hysteria1987
May 11, 2015, 01:34 AM
-are force still overpowered? i remember on retail release my friends would just melt everything on the screen while i tried to catch up or use a PA, is it more balanced now? can anything even compete with them?Oh my, are FO's overpowered :P But as a FO player, I'm not exactly complaining... When it comes to mobbing, Fire FO's have the potential to be the best DPS in the game. Consider Zondeel - a lightning technique that magnetically attracts all enemies nearby to a single point- followed by a pack of really speedy Fire techs. So yes, they melt everything.

That said, they're not the best at bosses compared to certain other classes, but I wouldn't call them slouches at it. Light's popular due to a lot of bosses being weak to it, Dark is a real strength class (though it can be slow), and Ice has Ilbarta.

-did they buff the rifles PA? i remember them also being kind of crappy besides the one you go into prone position and snipe for boss single dmg? and launcher only had like 1 good one. I also found ranger weird on bosses as hitting tab a billion times to select weak point was insane did they ever help with this or does anyone know good way to aim at certain spots without going all over the place?There are a lot more PA's in the game now than there used to be, and there have been a lot of balance adjustments over the last year. I'm no rifle expert so I'll leave it at that, but Satellite Cannon is a really popular (and powerful, albeit slow) choice.

[EDIT] Forgot to address launchers and aiming :P Launcher is one of my favourite weapons, and it does have some good PA's. Cluster Bullet is a little unwieldy but good for mobbing, Divine Launcher is a powerful single-target shot, and there's one that I can't for the life of me remember the name of, but it's for close-range use- it's quick, powerful, and produces an explosion at your feet, in the event that you find yourself just a bit too close to an enemy.

As for aiming, unfortunately there's no real good way to scroll through lock-on points- I use a controller, and when I move it always seems to deliberately avoid the point I'm after, meaning I have to move position, which is fair enough. That said, the rifle is a great weapon to use manual aim on- hit the Z key and you're looking over your shoulder with a lot more control, albeit with the loss of lock-on points.

-how is the braver class now? i never got to try this class and heard it was completely broken overpowered but it got balanced? i am not too fond of hybrid classes how is the katana braver now? the skills remind me of PSO weapons like TJ sword and agito/etc looks interesting are they still good for boss/mobbing?Much like the Gunner at one stage, Braver was once completely overpowered, and as a result they were everywhere. These days they're a lot more balanced, though they're still pretty high in number. I've seen it considered that the Katana is one of the more balanced weapons in the game at the moment, but I've hardly used everything to compare it against. I'm a FO first and foremost.

you guys are awesome I am grateful for info ^^ ( im having a hard time re-customizing my character the way i like, as i try to remake a old rpg character on a hucast XD i wish i could save my character customization i had before)Haha, I know what you mean :P I recently went to recreate my old HUmar, and found out that Bouncer was a better fit for him. He used to use twin swords in PSO, and maxed MST really early (the perils of being a first character), so Bouncer really fit the bill for how he used to be.

Selphea
May 11, 2015, 01:59 AM
-are force still overpowered? i remember on retail release my friends would just melt everything on the screen while i tried to catch up or use a PA, is it more balanced now? can anything even compete with them?

If anything they're stronger than ever. Search Youtube for "Fomelgion" ;)

-did they buff the rifles PA? i remember them also being kind of crappy besides the one you go into prone position and snipe for boss single dmg? and launcher only had like 1 good one. I also found ranger weird on bosses as hitting tab a billion times to select weak point was insane did they ever help with this or does anyone know good way to aim at certain spots without going all over the place?

At this point you should probably take a look at the Ranger guide (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226372).

And Bellion's Ranger boss video:

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHGo0jbnds"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcHGo0jbnds[/SPOILER-BOX]

-how is the braver class now? i never got to try this class and heard it was completely broken overpowered but it got balanced? i am not too fond of hybrid classes how is the katana braver now? the skills remind me of PSO weapons like TJ sword and agito/etc looks interesting are they still good for boss/mobbing?

Every class is strong right now. Katana Braver is easy to use and decent for mobs and bosses - it even solos Ultimate Quest bosses.

deusalkaiser
May 11, 2015, 12:27 PM
holy crap just saw video of that Fomelgion that is insane.

My biggest question now is how do i change resolution and graphic settings? i can not find it anywhere in the game or in the tweaker? do i have to use original launcher for this?

Anduril
May 11, 2015, 12:39 PM
holy crap just saw video of that Fomelgion that is insane.

My biggest question now is how do i change resolution and graphic settings? i can not find it anywhere in the game or in the tweaker? do i have to use original launcher for this?
In the Tweaker, hit the orb and select PSO2 Options.

deusalkaiser
May 11, 2015, 07:59 PM
I love you all in the PSO world community ^^ I am still trying to recreate my favorite character from a old ps1 RPG which is taking up a huge chunk of my time XD dam the good character customization is a double edge sword lol.

Anyways a few more questions to add:

-If i buy additional costumes for my character does it keep the same color i have created ? ( talking about cast parts main body color etc), also after i make a character what kind of customization am i limited to for free and paid? is any kind of customization automatically pay only? or do we have free options similar to PSO?

-how do i go about putting the best graphics settings for PSO?
a)texture resolution we have
compress/standard/high resolution is high resolution best?

b)shader quality normal vs simple ( is normal the best or non at all?)

anything else i can turn on for graphics?

-I was watching videos and trying to see all the new stuff added over 2-3 years i missed out on i got to say i love that cosmos breaker for launcher it looks insane and the satalite beam reminds me a lot of heavens punisher, are these 2 skills nerfed and viable?

-I was also liking braver katana gameplay the counter mechanic sounds interesting. I keep reading "average stance" and hybrid which sound weird to me is katana only viable and non hybrid? and is this a class that only does mediocre damage only or medium instead of low or high? ( confused on class in general )

-Do people use DEX mags only for braver? i saw on forum someone say attack only but how are you able to equip katana while leveling with no dex mag?( i also see mag mastery on tree is this good ? i keep thinking dex raise criticals but i can be wrong)

As before extremely happy to be back and glad to see PSO community still kicking and as helpful as before thank you all for helping in any way.

Anduril
May 11, 2015, 08:15 PM
I love you all in the PSO world community ^^ I am still trying to recreate my favorite character from a old ps1 RPG which is taking up a huge chunk of my time XD dam the good character customization is a double edge sword lol.

Anyways a few more questions to add:

-If i buy additional costumes for my character does it keep the same color i have created ? ( talking about cast parts main body color etc), also after i make a character what kind of customization am i limited to for free and paid? is any kind of customization automatically pay only? or do we have free options similar to PSO?

anything else i can turn on for graphics?

-I was watching videos and trying to see all the new stuff added over 2-3 years i missed out on i got to say i love that cosmos breaker for launcher it looks insane and the satalite beam reminds me a lot of heavens punisher, are these 2 skills nerfed and viable?

-I was also liking braver katana gameplay the counter mechanic sounds interesting. I keep reading "average stance" and hybrid which sound weird to me is katana only viable and non hybrid? and is this a class that only does mediocre damage only or medium instead of low or high? ( confused on class in general )

-Do people use DEX mags only for braver? i saw on forum someone say attack only but how are you able to equip katana while leveling with no dex mag?( i also see mag mastery on tree is this good ? i keep thinking dex raise criticals but i can be wrong)

As before extremely happy to be back and glad to see PSO community still kicking and as helpful as before thank you all for helping in any way.
Cast colors stay the same, yes. When you get in game, you can see what can be changed for free and by AC. Basically what is free is: Face Variant, Hair/Head parts, eye type and color, makeup-/face paint, body paint (for fleshie outfits), accessories, and voice; anything else that you may have modified in the creator will need to be paid for. Cast colors can be modified with an Color Change Pass that you can get without using AC.

Yep.

Go with normal.

In game you can modify the aforementioned shaders, and they relate to various things like light sources, shadows, etc.

They are still really good.

Average stance just gives a general boost to all ATK stats; the other Br stance is Weak stance, and it does more damage to weak spots. Katanas are more suited to Average stance since it can be a bit harder to hit weak points in general with some of their PAs. The hybrid talk is just talking about using Katana and Bullet Bow, but it is usually best to pick one or the other.

As a Br, your Dex will go up enough on its own to equip Katanas without adding anything to Dex. Dex just reduces damage variance, and criticals in this game are just the upper echelon of your damage, but again, 7* and higher weapons have an automatic variance of 90% which is basically the best variance you can get. Unless you are intent on going hybrid Katana and Bullet Bow, there is no reason to add points to Braver Mag(take half of Dex and add it to R-ATK and S-ATK) and make a Dex mag.

Hysteria1987
May 11, 2015, 08:21 PM
-If i buy additional costumes for my character does it keep the same color i have created ? ( talking about cast parts main body color etc), also after i make a character what kind of customization am i limited to for free and paid? is any kind of customization automatically pay only? or do we have free options similar to PSO?CAST parts keep the same colours you choose in the character creator/salon. Same sort of deal for those CAST-specific outfits, they'll use the colours you choose too.

You can change eye colour, eye type, eyebrows, accessories, makeup, hairstyle, body paint and outfits for free. Changing hair colour, skin colour, height, build, face shape, etc will require a makeover pass. Changing costume colour or CAST body colour will require a colour change pass. You can get colour change passes from the Recycle Shop at least, so you won't need AC for that.

anything else i can turn on for graphics?Run a search on these forums for SweetFX and RadeonPro, they'll help out here.

-I was watching videos and trying to see all the new stuff added over 2-3 years i missed out on i got to say i love that cosmos breaker for launcher it looks insane and the satalite beam reminds me a lot of heavens punisher, are these 2 skills nerfed and viable?I don't know anything about Cosmos Breaker, but Satellite Cannon is very viable.

-I was also liking braver katana gameplay the counter mechanic sounds interesting. I keep reading "average stance" and hybrid which sound weird to me is katana only viable and non hybrid? and is this a class that only does mediocre damage only or medium instead of low or high? ( confused on class in general )For most efficiency, you wouldn't want to run a hybrid (meaning you'll want to focus on S-ATK over R-ATK on the Braver for Katana use), but how you want to play will be up to you. Average Stance is a class skill that Bravers have access to- this one increases all three kinds of ATK by a bit.

Check out this link here to help you build a skill tree, plus it tells you what the skills do.

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php

-Do people use DEX mags only for braver? i saw on forum someone say attack only but how are you able to equip katana while leveling with no dex mag?( i also see mag mastery on tree is this good ? i keep thinking dex raise criticals but i can be wrong)Braver's one of those classes where having Dex wouldn't be too bad (due to the skill tree's Braver Mag skill), but I'd still be inclined to max your mag solely on the one ATK stat you focus on. I'd say your Katanas should, on the whole, still be equippable without any Mag Dex.

Dex doesn't raise criticals in this game. After a whole lot of maths, you'll have a minimum possible attack damage, and a maximum possible attack damage- every hit you do will be somewhere in this range. What Dex does is close up this range, and bring the two closer together.

deusalkaiser
May 14, 2015, 09:46 PM
rather than wasting space i would like to add additional stuff to this thread i created.

I am currently level 11 braver and after trying out all classes i have to say katana combat is extremely fun now i get why it was popular lol.

My questions now are as follows:

1)this is my current skill tree
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/old/09/skillcalc.html?09bEbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImI5fbxIm 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000000l o00000007oIn00000000IbIo4NdndB7Ndn00000fdoIb000000 8

should i rush for combat escape or go along the left side of the tree first? or how do i go about skilling up 11-end? any tips or suggestions appreciated. is it wise to max out a single passive or go unlock everything and put 1 point into all the things as i go down tree?

2)how does katana gear work? I don't understand this passive, does this only effect the counters and that's it? does it also power up photon arts in any way?
( i got to say i love the counter effect for this class it is extremely satisfying to counter attack stuff and damage seems to be insane. Is the last counter passive that fills up pp recommended?( the skill right under counter edge )

3)what about katana combat i also don't get what this one does? i read somewhere that you spam skills and it makes you do more damage when you end it, but what effect does it give you while you have it on?

i got to say i instantly felt in love with this class as soon as i got that AoE skill from the braver quest in the beginning.

P.S- how do i unlock free roam ? second koffe quest ask to enter free roam area but i don't see the npc have it only arks quests.

Anduril
May 14, 2015, 09:58 PM
rather than wasting space i would like to add additional stuff to this thread i created.

I am currently level 11 braver and after trying out all classes i have to say katana combat is extremely fun now i get why it was popular lol.

My questions now are as follows:

1)this is my current skill tree
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/old/09/skillcalc.html?09bEbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImI5fbxIm 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000000l o00000007oIn00000000IbIo4NdndB7Ndn00000fdoIb000000 8

should i rush for combat escape or go along the left side of the tree first? or how do i go about skilling up 11-end? any tips or suggestions appreciated. is it wise to max out a single passive or go unlock everything and put 1 point into all the things as i go down tree?

I personally tend to max Stances first since they give a consistent boost of power as you level. Just as general advice, don't bother with Striking Up any further since its S-ATK for SP return is rather poor, especially at a low level. By lv75, I would have a skill tree that looks like this (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/old/09/skillcalc.html?09bEbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxI mda0fdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000 00lo00000007oIn00000000IoqB4NdndF6sNHSJkIn00008doI b0000008) (Assuming you don't get a Skill Reset Pass at some point), but I'm no expert on Katanas.

2)how does katana gear work? I don't understand this passive, does this only effect the counters and that's it? does it also power up photon arts in any way?
( i got to say i love the counter effect for this class it is extremely satisfying to counter attack stuff and damage seems to be insane. Is the last counter passive that fills up pp recommended?( the skill right under counter edge )Never really played with Katana, so I'm not sure.

3)what about katana combat i also don't get what this one does? i read somewhere that you spam skills and it makes you do more damage when you end it, but what effect does it give you while you have it on?While you have it on, it basically makes you just move faster to do higher DPS. You need to hit the skill again before the timer finishes to unleash a powerful AoE attack.

i got to say i instantly felt in love with this class as soon as i got that AoE skill from the braver quest in the beginning.

P.S- how do i unlock free roam ? second koffe quest ask to enter free roam area but i don't see the npc have it only arks quests.Free Fields should be the second option under the Featured Quest. If you completed Koffie's CO asking for finishing Nab Rappy Capture and Dagan Extermination and collecting two Naberius Device a's, it should be unlocked.