May 13, 2015, 04:46 AM
Makes me miss PSO1. ;_;

oh. W&R3 thoughts?

landman
May 13, 2015, 04:49 AM
I was expecting Griphon to randomly appear lol

Rakurai
May 13, 2015, 04:56 AM
The quest itself seems kind of mediocre.

They picked out some of worst 12* weapons to have as drops, so I'm assuming the main things anyone could possibly want from it are more Umblla Sticks for a chance at Lucky Rise III or a Nept Rod.

yoshiblue
May 13, 2015, 04:58 AM
Too bad the victory tune doesn't carry into the campship.

Maenara
May 13, 2015, 06:11 AM

They picked out some of worst 12* weapons to have as drops, so I'm assuming the main things anyone could possibly want from it are more Umblla Sticks for a chance at Lucky Rise III or a Nept Rod.

The boots aren't actually that bad.

Superia
May 13, 2015, 10:06 AM

I'd greatly prefer it to drop Zirenheit, since that EQ hardly comes anymore.

Lostbob117
May 13, 2015, 10:10 AM
How is the EXP? My guess is best to level up with atm outside of certain EQs.

Ryu Soma
May 13, 2015, 10:11 AM

What do you mean with LR III?
Temptation + LR II or III? Cause that's the one and only reason to ever use Umblla rod, other wise you can use any random weapon with Lucky Rise III instead.
I really don't get people running around with Umblla rods that have no lucky rise on them.

LonelyGaruga
May 13, 2015, 10:19 AM

Yeah no, these are like the worst possible choice lmao. I was so hoping for Boots of Serafi to drop from this quest since pug runs can't TD3 to save their lives, but we get the least useful possible choice for boots.*Siiiigh*

RadiantLegend
May 13, 2015, 10:22 AM
Made me miss the pso atmosphere even more. The flashy things in pso2 is nice and all but pso will always have the feels.

Chimeria
May 13, 2015, 11:34 AM
Made me miss the pso atmosphere even more. The flashy things in pso2 is nice and all but pso will always have the feels.

Totally agree. After doing a few SH runs, I went back and did normal just so I can kind of sit around and vibe to the music without having to worry about enemies. The quest is ok...But it's the music that really makes it for me.

...And then that "Quest Completed" song :yes:

I'm still hoping PSO2 pulls an FFXIV:ARR and redoes 80% of the ost in place of more a more atmospheric sound. Hopefully we get more music along the lines of the Challenge mode stuff. The music there is better than majority of the other areas in the game in my opinion.

Vintasticvin
May 13, 2015, 11:51 AM

Totally agree. After doing a few SH runs, I went back and did normal just so I can kind of sit around and vibe to the music without having to worry about enemies. The quest is ok...But it's the music that really makes it for me.

...And then that "Quest Completed" song :yes:

I'm still hoping PSO2 pulls an FFXIV:ARR and redoes 80% of the ost in place of more a more atmospheric sound. Hopefully we get more music along the lines of the Challenge mode stuff. The music there is better than majority of the other areas in the game in my opinion.

I DEMAND TO SHARE THIS MOMENT WITH ONE OR BOTH -_- or alone with a bottle liquor grrr I cant wait to see this EQ when I get home from work unless my dead beat lil bro crashed my laptop looking at nsfw stuff whe he should have been submitting applications x_x

Xaeris
May 13, 2015, 12:25 PM
Haven't done it yet. Looked up the drops. While I guess I'm happy to have a realistic chance to 50 my Halva Tornado, why is it dropping here? I already dropped in the White Day EQ, it should have been something else's turn.

silo1991
May 13, 2015, 12:28 PM
what are you talking about guys i havent heard that music, please can anybody share it

Shinamori
May 13, 2015, 12:33 PM
It's from PSOBB the jungle area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbKI76JFso

My favorite thing about the EQ is that the music actually transitions from scenery to the battle version. I though Sega was gonna be lazy and just play the battle version. :V

I hope they do this for the Holloween 3 EQ. Since it would be in the desert. :V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2OZg-qHOc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNVfOl2rUXg

Poyonche
May 13, 2015, 12:37 PM
They also made a PSE version.

Anduril
May 13, 2015, 12:39 PM
This song. It is massaging my brain. Mmmmmm. ^_^

The_Brimada
May 13, 2015, 12:47 PM
It's from PSOBB the jungle area.

Jungle - PSO-????? - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbKI76JFso)

My favorite thing about the EQ is that the music actually transitions from scenery to the battle version. I though Sega was gonna be lazy and just play the battle version. :V

Almost makes me want to login...almost. I'll just listen to the music outside of the game though lol.

arnd
May 13, 2015, 01:03 PM
Hopefully we get more music along the lines of the Challenge mode stuff. The music there is better than majority of the other areas in the game in my opinion.

Most of challenge tracks are by composer who did Dragon Road/Planet Wisp/Ragne and Varder battle themes, it's really nice that he is back into PSO2 sound staff now.

Maenara
May 13, 2015, 01:04 PM
Yeah no, these are like the worst possible choice lmao. I was so hoping for Boots of Serafi to drop from this quest since pug runs can't TD3 to save their lives, but we get the least useful possible choice for boots.*Siiiigh*

The boots allow you to use full power Vinto twice as fast. Some people actually use Jet Boot's PAs.

Chimeria
May 13, 2015, 01:05 PM
Most of challenge tracks are by composer who did Dragon Road/Planet Wisp/Ragne and Varder battle themes, it's really nice that he is back into PSO2 sound staff.
Ah, I knew the music had a familiar sound to it, Especially the second mission. Planet Wisp and Dragon Road are some of my favorite tracks from the newer Sonic games.

Knowing the composer from those games is also helping in PSO2 makes me excited for the new areas :-D

LonelyGaruga
May 13, 2015, 01:12 PM
The boots allow you to use full power Vinto twice as fast. Some people actually use Jet Boot's PAs.

You mean the Fi/Bo players who can't equip them but can equip Zirenheit, or the Bo/Hu players that would be better off using 13*s?

Also, twice as fast doesn't mean much when it's already fast. You're saving like, half a second to build an extra bar. Not really that great.

Superia
May 13, 2015, 01:15 PM
You mean the Fi/Bo players who can't equip them but can equip Zirenheit, or the Bo/Hu players that would be better off using 13*s?

Also, twice as fast doesn't mean much when it's already fast. You're saving like, half a second to build an extra bar. Not really that great.

Weird. This was the exact post I was about to make.

Maninbluejumpsuit
May 13, 2015, 01:16 PM
That jungle theme plays?! Good god sega done right.

Most of challenge tracks are by composer who did Dragon Road/Planet Wisp/Ragne and Varder battle themes, it's really nice that he is back into PSO2 sound staff now.

I fking love him for planet wisp.

Flaoc
May 13, 2015, 01:23 PM
i couldnt manage to stay up to 8 am but CCA music plays? maybe ill stay up for the next one

Neith
May 13, 2015, 01:52 PM
Cool they use the CCA music, it is really nice.

Needs more instant-kill Mericarols to replicate the true experience though :wacko:

Chimeria
May 13, 2015, 02:01 PM
Needs more instant-kill Mericarols to replicate the true experience though :wacko:

That and Gibbles falling out of the skies and pummeling you. :lol:

I hated that thing...Always blocking your attacks and such. Plus he hit HARD

Zorak000
May 13, 2015, 03:08 PM
the boots let ya cast>vinto at full gear from zero, but frankly I am going to stick to my other boots. I like going for the near frame-perfect you need to be to cast>gale>vinto and get the vinto to proc the zanverse. easily possible during rapid boost but I can sometimes pull it off without it

Halva Tornado isn't completely worthless now that they gave it fighter; the gear boost does help with /hu partisan use; though again, it's not a huge pain to get partisan gear up.

Nox TMG is alright, boosting Elder Rebellion is a bit low-effort, but at least Rebellion is a good, versatile PA that can get by in most situations.

yoshiblue
May 13, 2015, 03:34 PM
How is the EXP? My guess is best to level up with atm outside of certain EQs.

From what I could tell, the exp wasn't all that great (No boosters on). Got me maybe a 1/4 of my exp bar at level 45. I'm told the burst are where its at.

Shunx
May 13, 2015, 04:35 PM
The EQ didn't catch my interest. Just had Forest EQ with aquatic mobs and a snow stuff

Instead I did this:

http://i.imgur.com/88sWtLO.gif

un1t27
May 13, 2015, 04:41 PM
The EQ didn't catch my interest. Just had Forest EQ with aquatic mobs and a snow stuff

Instead I did this:

http://i.imgur.com/88sWtLO.gif

https://d.maxfile.ro/fthdwnssvd.gif

TaigaUC
May 13, 2015, 07:03 PM
I haven't been doing this year's seasonal/event EQs. I did them for two years already.
I feel like they're mostly gonna be the same thing with new drops to bait people. And drops will become obsolete pretty quick.

I keep forgetting about the destructible city.
I should have bought the items when they were still available.

n_n
May 13, 2015, 07:30 PM
https://d.maxfile.ro/fthdwnssvd.gif
https://d.maxfile.ro/mdpzlxiehc.gif

Kiyokaze
May 14, 2015, 04:41 AM
well it has a lush load but it's boring

actually liked wild easter 2 way more

Mildora
May 14, 2015, 08:42 AM
actually liked wild easter 2 way more

hows that even possible

Just ran this EQ with BGM on and I recognize the music from the Phantasy Star OST Megapack. I Never played PSO1 so I won't be able to get that nostalgic feel like most of you but I remember playing these OST during my hours of Phantasy Star Universe so i'm not completely under the bus yet. I Wish people would make sound mods though. PSU and PSO1 sound mods basically just replacing sound files.

DeificEpyon
May 14, 2015, 09:16 AM
hows that even possible

Just ran this EQ with BGM on and I recognize the music from the Phantasy Star OST Megapack. I Never played PSO1 so I won't be able to get that nostalgic feel like most of you but I remember playing these OST during my hours of Phantasy Star Universe so i'm not completely under the bus yet. I Wish people would make sound mods though. PSU and PSO1 sound mods basically just replacing sound files.

I'd probably turn my BGM on again if this game had more PSO 1 music in it. I'm not really a fan of most of the PSO 2 music. Sound mods would be a lot of fun. I'd enjoy adding in lots of custom sound effects if that were a thing.

Kiyokaze
May 14, 2015, 09:47 AM
hows that even possible

wild easter 2 seemed much better for melee

definitely contributed more there

also, I rarely play in parties, so the linearity of it makes it even better

Korazenn
May 14, 2015, 10:27 AM
Oh wow. The nostalgia is strong with that Jungle music, and it surprisingly fits.

I'm still crossing my fingers we get remastered CCA this year.

Maenara
May 14, 2015, 10:46 AM
I'd probably turn my BGM on again if this game had more PSO 1 music in it. I'm not really a fan of most of the PSO 2 music. Sound mods would be a lot of fun. I'd enjoy adding in lots of custom sound effects if that were a thing.

Nostalgia goggles are a pretty nice thing, aren't they?

Chimeria
May 14, 2015, 11:43 AM

I agree. PSO had it to where you could switch out music files easily and replace them with your own. The only setback being if you wanted to loop the tracks, they'd have to be re-formatted to an .ogg file. (which still isn't a big deal) I was really bummed when I found out PSO2 didn't have this option AND the music isn't that good. I've been using my own playlist but nothing compares to entering a boss fight and having one of your own tracks automatically start for that level.

I will say that the music is getting somewhat better though. And there are a few stand out tracks.

I'm still crossing my fingers we get remastered CCA this year.
That'd be cool. Any areas from the old games would make me happy. Even some from PSU like Neudaiz or Clyez.

DeificEpyon
May 14, 2015, 12:28 PM
I agree. PSO had it to where you could switch out music files easily and replace them with your own. The only setback being if you wanted to loop the tracks, they'd have to be re-formatted to an .ogg file. (which still isn't a big deal) I was really bummed when I found out PSO2 didn't have this option AND the music isn't that good. I've been using my own playlist but nothing compares to entering a boss fight and having one of your own tracks automatically start for that level.

I will say that the music is getting somewhat better though. And there are a few stand out tracks.

That'd be cool. Any areas from the old games would make me happy. Even some from PSU like Neudaiz or Clyez.

The music is getting better in the latter areas, yeah. The tracks I end up liking the most though usually end up being in EQ's.

And as for the comment about nostalgia, for me it's more a matter of how the music plays in this game. The music in PSO 2 for most regular areas tends to be rather chaotic. It will be playing one part of a song, then completely change to another part and end up being rather inconsistent. Since that happens, it ends up not being as memorable to me. The music in PSO 1 was more consistent in its transitions, only becoming more intense if enemies were nearby or not, much like the CCA music in Wind and Rain 3. It's for this very reason why the songs I do end up liking in PSO 2 are the ones that are also consistent (Mining Base Defense, Oracle EQ, etc).

Renzix
May 15, 2015, 05:06 PM

There are people out there that actually use Vinto when Strike Gust easily outdamages it and can be used more often than it takes to ready up and charge Vinto? O.o

Xaelouse
May 15, 2015, 05:57 PM
Strike Gust can never out-DPS vent (vent has near 2000 DPS, strike gust sure as hell isn't close to that with the charge outside rapid boost and long animation regardless)
You're supposed to alternate between the PAs. If you have jet boots gear boost, you only need to use strike gust + the branch attack one time for 3 bars of gear, which leads to vent. Do this over and over.

Miles064
May 15, 2015, 05:57 PM
The music is getting better in the latter areas, yeah. The tracks I end up liking the most though usually end up being in EQ's.

And as for the comment about nostalgia, for me it's more a matter of how the music plays in this game. The music in PSO 2 for most regular areas tends to be rather chaotic. It will be playing one part of a song, then completely change to another part and end up being rather inconsistent. Since that happens, it ends up not being as memorable to me. The music in PSO 1 was more consistent in its transitions, only becoming more intense if enemies were nearby or not, much like the CCA music in Wind and Rain 3. It's for this very reason why the songs I do end up liking in PSO 2 are the ones that are also consistent (Mining Base Defense, Oracle EQ, etc).

Man I loved 90% off the music in pso and I think pos2's music is great. Dont care much for caves but I didnt like the caves theme in the first one either. The boss themes are amazing as well. Blu, Quartz, and Ex being my favorites. Kitties and vol being up their too. Different strokes I guess.

Chris_Chocobo
May 16, 2015, 07:19 AM
I cant wait to hear this track in a new epic battle with Gal Gryphon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PTDajH2vz4

Also, hope Sega makes a remix from '''IDOLA' - The Strange Fruits'' for the next Dark Falz battle. They already remixed Dark Falz and Olga Flow themes from the first PSO.

Chimeria
May 16, 2015, 07:45 AM
Me and my sis were just talking about how Olga had some of the best music. I was thinking how cool it'd be if after fighting Gal in the new battle if a random parallel teleporter appeared. And when stepping into it, you end up on an elevator on the way down to fight good ol' olga.

I think I'd nerdgasm if that ever happened. :lol:

And since we're on the topic of remixing old music, I'd like to see some music from Phantasy Star 4. That game had some great music! This one would be cool for a boss fight:

Final Battle theme - PS4:Ooze (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOipoww-H3U)

and this one:

Zio Battle - PS4:Laughter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvszxdJNvtE)

Chris_Chocobo
May 17, 2015, 06:31 AM
Me and my sis were just talking about how Olga had some of the best music. I was thinking how cool it'd be if after fighting Gal in the new battle if a random parallel teleporter appeared. And when stepping into it, you end up on an elevator on the way down to fight good ol' olga.

I think I'd nerdgasm if that ever happened. :lol:

And since we're on the topic of remixing old music, I'd like to see some music from Phantasy Star 4. That game had some great music! This one would be cool for a boss fight:

and this one:

Maybe we get a Ooze remix in the future, when the PD appears as the final boss. Who knows...

Mega Ultra Chicken
May 17, 2015, 09:18 AM
PSE Burst version if anyone's interested. (https://youtu.be/RvKLptCEPyY?t=4m57s)

darkante
May 17, 2015, 10:43 AM
Ohh, i love the Jungle Theme but i love almost the entire PSO EPI-II soundtrack.
Save for Caves, that one is just depressing.

But Ruins is what i like to hear somewhere now.

Chimeria
May 17, 2015, 03:10 PM
PSE Burst version if anyone's interested. (https://youtu.be/RvKLptCEPyY?t=4m57s)

Eh...It's alright. Maybe I'm being a bit jaded, but it feels lazy just throwing a looped drum pattern over the original tune. It's a great idea causing the music to change up during a burst though.

Shunx
May 17, 2015, 08:02 PM

Please tell me there's a separate video to this with only the PSE burst version.

PokeminMaster
May 17, 2015, 10:35 PM
I cried when I heard this ; ;

Kondibon
May 17, 2015, 10:37 PM
Eh...It's alright. Maybe I'm being a bit jaded, but it feels lazy just throwing a looped drum pattern over the original tune.
That's how all the PSE versions of the music work. Though I personally have a soft spot for layered music.

Fusionxglave
May 17, 2015, 10:55 PM
wow that music really does sound good

Triple_S
May 18, 2015, 10:43 AM

and this one:

God I'd love to hear some good mixes of those in PSO2. PSO2's atmospheric music has always been a bit weak IMO compared to PSO1, but a lot of the special/boss-specific songs have been great. Ooze and Laughter would likely be done along those lines, so they'd be pretty great.