PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 FPS As Of Late

Shade Nightz
May 14, 2015, 03:09 AM
Anyone having unavoidable FPS problems with that game lately, that has only been happening recently. This is honestly my first post and the fps problems are beginning to really get under my skin. Apologies if this specific subject has already been posted, if there is an active thread about this please post a link to it.

If you have been having problems how have you fixed it? Or is there just no.. concrete way to fix this?

Korazenn
May 14, 2015, 03:25 AM
No problems here on my end.

A) Did you try restarting your PC? Or,
B) Go into PSO2 Tweaker or PSO2 JP Launcher (whichever one you use), go into Options, and Reset any changes you made to the graphics settings for the game.

Let me know if that helps you solve the problem. :)

Kiyokaze
May 14, 2015, 03:26 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228669

This topic was about FPS issues in general since the Ult Lillipa update. I've noticed it too, and unfortunately there hasn't been a concrete way to fix it. Sometimes restarting the client or your computer improves performance, but that deals with an issue that existed way before Ult Lillipa. You can still try that "solution" though.

Shade Nightz
May 14, 2015, 04:32 AM
No problems here on my end.

A) Did you try restarting your PC? Or,
B) Go into PSO2 Tweaker or PSO2 JP Launcher (whichever one you use), go into Options, and Reset any changes you made to the graphics settings for the game.

Let me know if that helps you solve the problem. :)

Oh yes, I've tried both.
Currently seems its unavoidable to fix this problem.

FacelessRed
May 14, 2015, 05:04 AM
No problems noticed. What are the specifications on your rig?

Sizustar
May 14, 2015, 07:52 AM
No problem, consistant 120 FPS at 1400P still.

Squal_FFVIII
May 14, 2015, 06:54 PM
Sizustar i've seen some of your youtube videos and they don't even look like they are running at 60 fps ^^; The videos didn't seem smooth the fps seemed "choppy" in them.

Or maybe those were just old videos on different hardware?

Punisher106
May 14, 2015, 07:03 PM
I don't really have any problems, although the lag's been horrendous.

Sacrificial
May 14, 2015, 07:30 PM
Sizustar i've seen some of your youtube videos and they don't even look like they are running at 60 fps ^^; The videos didn't seem smooth the fps seemed "choppy" in them.

Or maybe those were just old videos on different hardware?

youtube converts everything to 60 fps as that is their max.

TaigaUC
May 15, 2015, 01:00 AM
YouTube's max was 30fps, I heard they upped it to 60fps recently.
They can seem choppy depending on your PC setup, too.
I have a powerful PC and videos don't always play smoothly, for whatever reason.

Ordy
May 15, 2015, 03:02 AM
Having fps drops too: 60 FPS > change weapon > drop to 40, then 20, then back at 60 in a 2 seconds time frame.

Never had that happen to me before Lilipa UQ. Now I have to restart my client countless times if I want a 60to55 FPS game.

Searaphim
May 15, 2015, 06:11 AM
Many people are experiencing this since the lilipa UQ update, doesn't matter if your rig's good or not.

Minty Kitty
May 15, 2015, 09:59 PM
My Games FPS has dropped recently as well.

Not to unplayable levels but by quite a bit.

wefwq
May 15, 2015, 11:32 PM
I'm getting FPS spike since forever (big game it's because im using laptop), but recently this issue has become far more noticeable.
It's like switch weapon and get freeze for half a sec, or lobby loading feels more heavier.
CPU and GPU usage are still almost the same old though.

The only fix/method works for me is to restart the game until it stable enough, it's kind of annoying especially when EQ are coming up.

Squal_FFVIII
May 16, 2015, 11:27 PM
We probably need a Titan X for this game to finally play with zero frezing/stuttering/no weapon switch lag/no fps drops/fast load times etc etc.

=P

akitalevia
May 17, 2015, 01:09 AM
Was suprised that my FPSP was spiking a whole lot compared to before the update. I can't do EQs anymore on the PC. Well at least I have my Vita which is somewhat better since least I can dodge properly (most of the time though).

chaoko99
May 19, 2015, 01:52 PM
Do you use win8? For some reason the thing caps your CPU, HDD, and RAM usage.

Shunx
May 19, 2015, 02:07 PM
Do you use win8? For some reason the thing caps your CPU, HDD, and RAM usage.

Can you confirm this between Windows 7 8 and 10?

chaoko99
May 19, 2015, 02:21 PM
to be truthful, I don't know where I read that.. It seems correct though, I just upgraded the hdd to a faster one, still functions the same as before.

Squal_FFVIII
May 19, 2015, 02:58 PM
It's not a windows 8 problem. This happens to people with windows 7 too.

For what it's worth I own both windows 7 pro and 8.1. Both OS run the game pretty much exactly the same.

I'm on windows 8.1 right now and it does NOT cap my CPU and RAM usage. That's retarded. Something else must be doing that in the background. That said this game has been having performance issues since the last update (lilipia UQ).

But yes I can confirm this game isn't capping my 4790K or 16 gigs of ram. Infact it only uses about 1gig of system ram. I don't know about actual VRAM though.

Aeris
May 19, 2015, 05:40 PM
It's not a windows 8 problem. This happens to people with windows 7 too.

For what it's worth I own both windows 7 pro and 8.1. Both OS run the game pretty much exactly the same.

I'm on windows 8.1 right now and it does NOT cap my CPU and RAM usage. That's retarded. Something else must be doing that in the background. That said this game has been having performance issues since the last update (lilipia UQ).

But yes I can confirm this game isn't capping my 4790K or 16 gigs of ram. Infact it only uses about 1gig of system ram. I don't know about actual VRAM though.

Really hard to tell vram usage since people play with different settings, resolutions and how much is being rendered on the game with how many players being rendered, depending on which area with how much action going on including if they use 3rd party programs for graphics enhancements. GPU-Z and many other programs alike can tell vram usage.

silo1991
May 19, 2015, 10:56 PM
no problems of fps for me , but if you are touching the theme of late change weapons i been having that trouble in EQ lately i order the change but nothing happen , did this happen to you too ?

Squal_FFVIII
May 20, 2015, 05:51 AM
Really hard to tell vram usage since people play with different settings, resolutions and how much is being rendered on the game with how many players being rendered, depending on which area with how much action going on including if they use 3rd party programs for graphics enhancements. GPU-Z and many other programs alike can tell vram usage.

Never bothered testing VRAM usage before due to the fact that I figured a game with low resolution textures and not very detailed overall wouldn't use a lot of vram. Also the built in AA setting is garbage I doubt that eats up a lot of VRAM.

My current card has 2 gigs of VRAM so it shouldn't be getting maxed out with a game like pso2.

Gama
May 20, 2015, 09:51 AM
last time i played i did notice that graphical lag got worse, not to mention lobby lag.

defragged my hdd, did sometweaks on my pc and it got better, i blame my 5400 rpm hdd.

Tyaph
May 21, 2015, 03:12 PM
A few pals of mine have been lagging in EQs since the Ult Lillipa update. Aside from the normal fps problems some of them have/dont have, they have been lagging behind their EQ groups, but on their screens everyone is still there next to them.