PDA

View Full Version : How on earth do you kill Dark Falz Hard??

Star_Angel
Feb 16, 2001, 08:42 PM
okay... serious question... I got all the way to Darkfalz on hard offline today, and was doing well up until his final form... then I couldn't touch him http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif
playing him online is usually the same, but since I have a full group, I usually end up geing the one who runs in circles Reviving anyone who dies... I never get a chance to attack him.

So, if anyone can give a HUnewearl any advice on how to actually get a hit in on Darks final form it would be greatly appreiciated. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

oh, btw... I will not resort to using guns... I hate those things

Jaiden
Feb 16, 2001, 09:15 PM
ahhh!!! yes another hunewearl gun hater. I actually submitted to using guns for the mines because those damn robots just go to far when you hit them with a saber to finish them with a combo...

Anyway, I think I can give you some advice on this. I strictly use the DB'S SABER for this battle because it does MEGA damage for that split moment that you can actually damange the fucker.

I've beet him on HARD and V-HARD at level 39 and 63, respectively.

If you haven't noticed, you can only cause damage when he's not glowing all funky colors. Usually he loses invincibility after he's "wisks" to a new spot.

I have found that you usually have to stand still and let him come to you when waiting to him. If you try catching him he always out run you. LET HIM COME TO YOU.

I'm sure you've realized that you must keep running while he's airborn. Once he casts GRANTS on you, heal immediately, stand there and wait. He'll jump right at you with a very powerful slash. Heal immedinately. Wait there and he'll usually come back to that spot. Hit him with your DB'S SABER or other powerful saber 3 times (maybe 4).

Rinse and repeat.

If you see a flashing colored bar extending from his position on the map to you or someone else, DO NOT ATTACK. The damage you cause will actually damage those on your team. I accidentally fired a photon blast and killed everyone on the team in a single blast LOL =)

Make sure you and your teammates have resistance to LIGHT, otherwise the grants spell he casts on everyone will kill with one hit.

In off-line mode V-HARD, it takes about 15 minutes from the time you enter the teleporter to start the boss until you actually defeat him. This is definately an endurance test. The 3rd phase is easily the longest and most difficult.

I hope this helps and I didn't forget anything.

ragnarok
Feb 16, 2001, 09:27 PM
Hey thats a great little stratedgy guide right there, I might have to show that to one of my HUnewearl friends. Very detailed, I give ya props for that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Zipp0
Feb 16, 2001, 10:08 PM
I see many people use Varsistas. I heard there good for his last change in battle. I am a force myself and the only spell I can find that hurts him is the weak fire blast. And that only takes 45 away. Your best bet would be to get a varsita and grind that baby away!

Tkc613
Feb 16, 2001, 11:48 PM
Star_Angel and Jaiden, don't be too hard on the varista. Mine (40% dark) does around 180-220 with the normal attack and up to 690 with a critical hard attack. It's not too hard getting criticals when your luck is over 50, as mines comes pretty much one out of three attacks.

Sure the DB saber has a strong special, but I don't like losing TP when I can constantly keep up my shifta and resta as much as I want instead. Besides, at the speed which he moves and limited attack windows, a gun is a good choice for DF, especially his last form.
If you are deadset against it, use x-foie if he's too far to run up tp but vulnerable to attack.

Another tactic to avoid those blue blasts if you don't have dolls is this. Make sure you are at full health as he flies up. Use a key for trimates and constantly push it while running. As soon as you get hit, you will be back at full health. I do this, and have another key for dimates for his first form. Works well.

Jaiden
Feb 17, 2001, 12:43 AM
the blue balls never hit me as long as I'm "running" - if you catch the edge and slow down your toast, of course =)

I thought guns don't work on this boss - that seems like it would be TOO easy? I tried it once and it didn't work but come to think of it he may have been "invincible" and I just didn't realize it at the time.

Oh well =)

I'm gonna be online tonight assuming that my new ISP account has been activated!

Puck Block 9 Lobby 5-7 game PSO-JAIDEN password is JAIDEN

Tkc613
Feb 17, 2001, 12:51 AM
Eh, maybe I'm getting too old for video games. When I run sometimes I don't run straight (problem even when running around dungeons), and I get pegged by one ball. After that, you WILL get pegged by 3-4 more.

Skee
Feb 17, 2001, 04:13 PM
Yes, all things are possible with 5 scape dolls, 10 Dimates, 10 trimates, and a Star Atomizer. But, the most important thing of all is dodging those stupid blue blasts. Basically, running is the most important part, yes, but those things still home in on you. So, I run in a slight curve following into the rounded path somewhat, so they just barely fly past you. Even then, they hit you once every five times. Basically, it's going to require a lot of practice to beat Final Falz