PDA

View Full Version : As anyone tried Pinnacle Game Profiler with PSO2?

the_importer_
May 16, 2015, 10:00 AM
I wanted to try something else than Xpadder, so I downloaded the trial version of Pinnacle Game Profiler only to find out that it doesn't respond with PSO2. It works outside of the game, but that doesn't help me.

Has anyone been able to make this work with PSO2?

TheszNuts
May 16, 2015, 10:24 AM
What controller are you using?

the_importer_
May 16, 2015, 10:30 AM
What controller are you using?

Wireless XBOX 360.

TheszNuts
May 16, 2015, 10:55 AM
Have you tried connecting it without pinnacle? I know the wired works without any additional setup.

the_importer_
May 16, 2015, 11:05 AM
Have you tried connecting it without pinnacle? I know the wired works without any additional setup.

Perhaps I should clear things out. I have no issues in using my controller by itself with the game. I use Xpadder to have extra functions by using toggle keys to have extra buttons in a way since there's only 16 if you count the d-pad. I just wanted to try a different software because I have a couple of issues with Xpadder.

Again, I have no issues with the controller by itself running with PSO2. it's 100% compatible.

JaysonL
May 16, 2015, 12:06 PM
I wanted to try something else than Xpadder, so I downloaded the trial version of Pinnacle Game Profiler only to find out that it doesn't respond with PSO2. It works outside of the game, but that doesn't help me.

Has anyone been able to make this work with PSO2?

I've tried it. Can't say it went well. Pinnacle needs a game hook to properly interact with PSO2. GameGuard doesn't like that and crashes the game about a minute into the game(pretty much a few inputs). It works for the few seconds before the crash however.

Misaki Ki
May 16, 2015, 01:19 PM
Pinnacle doesn't need a hook, you can set it to function without one for PSO2's profile (Persistent Profile I believe.) Gameguard typically blocks it though.

I've only gotten it to work a few times with PSO2, which isn't very useful. It sucks, because in my opinion, this is the best program out there for gamepad mapping.

Flaoc
May 16, 2015, 01:26 PM
gameguards a dick and will block your pinnacle and it also blocks xpadder

i did get joy2key as a result and it works fine for pso2 .. at least it does on my end after i learned xpadder wasnt working due to gg

Misaki Ki
May 16, 2015, 01:39 PM
I have a bit of time. I could play with things more to see if they'll work since I have a slightly better understanding of Gameguard now than I did before. (I still haven't seen the inner workings of it like some people have, I just have a feel for it's behavior.)

Typically if Gameguard is blocking something that should work, it needs to be reset back to default. This is done by removing the files, and the registry values, which Tweaker can do for whoever uses that. For Tweaker, it's "Fix GameGuard Errors." A complete PC restart is a must after removing the GameGuard files.

It's important to remember that GameGuard has a high chance of blocking the wanted program for future attempts if PSO2 is started without the program running. If you forget, and if it does get blocked, you have to repeat the reset/deletion process all over again.

Overlays you can typically get working almost all the time with no issue. External inputs, which is what we're focused on here, I've only been able to get a low success rate with them, but as mentioned, I haven't messed with them too much.

As others have said, Joy2Key is the only one that has a near 100% success rate; GameGuard doesn't seem to mind it much.

GHNeko
May 16, 2015, 06:18 PM
Is Xpadder capable of mapping the guide button on the 360 controller/?

the_importer_
May 16, 2015, 08:23 PM
Is Xpadder capable of mapping the guide button on the 360 controller/?

That's 1 of the 2 issues that I have with Xpadder, well at lease the old Free BETA that I'm using. I've e-mailed the maker of that software today and asked him if the $10 commercial version would allow me to do so, waiting for a reply.