PDA

View Full Version : I Have some questions to ask.

Frocite
May 16, 2015, 03:31 PM
I played PSO2 for a while a little less than a year ago and got level 43 or something like that. And the reason i stopped playing essentially was because i found myself doing missions and what not alone. (Other than the Emergency quests) back then when block 20 i believe was always full and i could find people for Time attack and such.

But i hopped on the game a few months ago and there was really no block that was "Alive" and a lot of people chatting. Is it more of a "Solo game" where you just get max level and solo everything? When i get max level will i find more people to play with?

Also, I never really caught on to tthe whole "class building" thing. I see people talking about it in the forums and im just like: :-? Will i understand as i play through the game?
Or is there a guide somewhere about builds and what not?

All help is appreciated :D

P.S Do i still have to use a VPN to login now?

Sizustar
May 16, 2015, 03:34 PM
Please use the Quick question and answer thread
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385

For build, please go through the gameplay and guide section of the forum.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

There is a topic at top that give overview of each class, and there are topic dediciated to each job class in that section.

There should be no VPN needed, unless you are logging in from the China region or Sea region.
The easiest way to check, is see if you can access the main site, www.pso2.jp
If you can, then there is no need for a vpn.

Dammy
May 16, 2015, 04:59 PM
these threads...

Frocite
May 16, 2015, 05:15 PM
these threads...

I can post where i want in the general section. Im not forced to post in that other thread :)

K.O. Kazjivo
May 16, 2015, 08:28 PM
Join a friendly team and you should find people to play with.

Sizustar
May 16, 2015, 08:48 PM
I can post where i want in the general section. Im not forced to post in that other thread :)

And that's not exactly a good attitude to have wh en asking question, that makes people less likely to help you.

Hysteria1987
May 17, 2015, 02:41 AM
If you want to play with other people, finding a team would be a good way to go, as would trying out g-chat- I haven't used G-chat myself in a while and my own team's a bit on the small side so I'm mostly a solo player, but back when I did use it, people would frequently announce what they were doing and ask for people to join them. Outside of these options, this game is basically a solo game, most people keep quiet and there's not a lot of games going on outside of EQs, comparitively speaking.

In general, the higher the difficulty you go, the more people there are. The vast majority at the moment are in XH.

In the gameplay section, there is (or should be, at least) a general discussion thread for each class- have a look see, and give what you read a go to give it some context- you will understand more as you go, but there's no harm in seeing what other people are up to. There's a general ep3 build thread, which is worth a look, but I find the skill trees in there are a bit too general.

Whether or not you need a VPN or not now will depend on your ISP and all that, but most people nowadays seem to do fine without one.